Shout! Factory Releasing Gekisou Sentai Carranger - April 25th

GEKISOU SENTAI CARRANGER: THE COMPLETE SERIES
RELEASE DATE:
April 25th, 2017
LIST PRICE: $59.97
SHOUT! FACTORY ORDER LINK
AMAZON ORDER LINK

SHOW SYNOPSIS:
Dappu, a young alien, is forced to leave his home planet after it is destroyed by a wild gang of thugs who terrorize planets before ultimately blowing them up. When Dappu learns that the gang's next target is Earth, he discovers that five humans posses Carmagic, a special magic that allows the heroes to transformer into the Gekisou Sentai Carranger. They may be the only force on the planet that can save it from the dangerous space gang!

PRODUCT INFORMATION:
  • Language: Japanese
  • Subtitles: English
  • Discs: 8
  • Episodes: 48
  • Run-time: 16 hours
  • Region: 1 (US, US Territories, Canada, Bermuda)
  • Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1

Last edited by Morgan Lamia; May 29th, 2017 at 03:57 PM.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2017, 06:19 AM   #2
HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

Guess we'll add that to the list of Sentai that just got harder to get outside of America. Unless Manga UK buys the rights.
HowlingSnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2017, 06:28 AM   #3
Arkvoodle
HEED MY WILL!!!

eBay
Um, can't fans create pages on Amazon.com with minimal effort? What do we have that confirms this is an official release? I see nothing listed on Shout!'s official pages...
Arkvoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2017, 06:32 AM   #4
HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

Arkvoodle wrote: View Post

Um, can't fans create pages on Amazon.com with minimal effort? What do we have that confirms this is an official release? I see nothing listed on Shout!'s official pages...
Stuff gets leaked via Amazon all the time.
HowlingSnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2017, 06:34 AM   #5
Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Arkvoodle wrote: View Post

They're not always the first to put up release information like this on their site. They don't even have an entry for their "Best of Blue" release on their site yet, and you can still preorder that from many other retailers. That comes out on February 28th by the way.

I sure hope there will be more positive comments to come later.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2017, 06:55 AM   #6
Shirubaa
Mr. Silver

32 eBay
I wonder how they'll steal the Haroranger subs without their cooperation since they're not around anymore?
Shirubaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2017, 06:57 AM   #7
RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

Preordered. One step closer to Megaranger!
RedRanger87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2017, 07:29 AM   #8
Kaigan
Banned

Shirubaa wrote: View Post

I wonder how they'll steal the Haroranger subs without their cooperation since they're not around anymore?
This happens one time and suddenly everyone starts giving them shit about it happening every time. Seriously, let it go. It was made clear that most of the people at Shout didn't even know it had happened and that it was being looked into. Get over it.
Kaigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2017, 07:33 AM   #9
Shirubaa
Mr. Silver

32 eBay
Kaigan wrote: View Post

This happens one time and suddenly everyone starts giving them shit about it happening every time. Seriously, let it go. It was made clear that most of the people at Shout didn't even know it had happened and that it was being looked into. Get over it.
It wasn't being looked into though. We know this. Every time there's a concern about quality brought up we get lip service about how things will be better next time and there's something else that goes on. I don't think its unfair to be critical of the Shout releases after four times of "You'll take what we give you now be grateful and get over it."
Old January 6th, 2017, 07:35 AM   #10
Kaigan
Banned

Well maybe if the fandom as a whole would be a bit nicer and less whiny about their complaints, Shout would take us a bit more seriously. Brian pretty much abandoned ship interacting with the fandom because of how whiny and petulant some people can be about how they voice their complaints.
Kaigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2017, 07:40 AM   #11
Shirubaa
Mr. Silver

32 eBay

Well maybe if the fandom as a whole would be a bit nicer and less whiny about their complaints, Shout would take us a bit more seriously. Brian pretty much abandoned ship interacting with the fandom because of how whiny and petulant some people can be about how they voice their complaints.
No, his company was accused of stealing subs from a fansub group and people asked about it. He promised to look into it and get back to MegaAnon who reached out to him to clarify what everyone was complaining about, Brian never responded, so MegaAnon followed up, Brian claimed he was away and would look into it and get back to him, and he never did.

There was never whining, there was never immaturity. There were questions asked that got ignored because they know people will buy this up regardless because it says "Saban's Power Rangers" on the package.

I don't know where this idea comes from where because a vocal minority may or may not make an immature fuss about something that justifies the actions of a company providing a product. We get the same thing in gaming. People take exception to nickel and diming DLC or pay to win practices and the argument is "Well, people pay for it so that justifies the company putting it into practice."

Does that fact, true or not, make all criticism of a practice or product null and void and the people being critical of it should just be quiet and not express their disapproval? Come on.
Old January 6th, 2017, 07:52 AM   #12
Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

HowlingSnail wrote: View Post

Guess we'll add that to the list of Sentai that just got harder to get outside of America. Unless Manga UK buys the rights.
They haven't bought the rights to the previous four, so why would they pick up this one?
Digifiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2017, 09:10 AM   #13
BlackMystechRanger
Chameleon Green

HowlingSnail wrote: View Post

How are they harder to get, amazon ships worldwide.

He doesn't have to promote the sets personally and no fan participation in necessary, that's why he's gone
The only reason Brian interacted with fans initially was to butter up the fandom and promote shout's releases as part of his job. That's no longer necessary, the releases promote themselves at this point (as do most niche products) just look at this thread or the ones that pop up every time a new PR set is listed.
BlackMystechRanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2017, 09:48 AM   #14
Churlyryan
Rabbit Hole Digger

I am having a hard time deciding if I want this.

For the sake of supporting Sentai DVD's, I should, but I've always had a hard time liking anything having to do with Power Rangers Turbo.

The Monster Design of Carranger, for example, is absolutely stupid.
Churlyryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2017, 10:01 AM   #15
megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay
anyway, moving along to some good news. CARRANGER! while turbo was an ok season, carranger was just better overall. I love the comedy and the mecha battles. the ranger fights were actually better in my mind then turbo. plus all that uncut footage is always a plus in my book. yellow and blue racer kicked ass in carranger.
even if you hated turbo, i think you'll really have fun with this set. i already preordered from amazon. as much as i liked preordering from shout, the lower price tag that amazon usually offers is what i'll have to take. unless there's some big preorder bonus from shout (besides the 2 week early bird), i'll just stick with amazon from now on.
megagao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2017, 10:02 AM   #16
iToshi
Bitter and jaded on life

Churlyryan wrote: View Post

I am having a hard time deciding if I want this.

For the sake of supporting Sentai DVD's, I should, but I've always had a hard time liking anything having to do with Power Rangers Turbo.

carranger is an in universe parody of sentai, they are supposed to be
iToshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2017, 10:27 AM   #17
Shirubaa
Mr. Silver

32 eBay
Churlyryan wrote: View Post

Uh...that's the idea.
Old January 6th, 2017, 10:54 AM   #18
Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Pepper wrote: View Post

How are they harder to get, amazon ships worldwide.
And there is such a thing as region-free players. Computers are region-free by default!
Digifiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2017, 11:22 AM   #19
Shirubaa
Mr. Silver

32 eBay
Old January 6th, 2017, 11:25 AM   #20
Allio
Power Ranger

not surprising, that's how alot of products are.
Allio is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
chiikyu!, earf shaking