RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Have you pre-ordered Season 1, Volume 1 yet?
Yes, I have. 43 11.53%
No, not planning on it. 29 7.77%
I'm waiting for a complete Season 1 set. 40 10.72%
I'll just buy it in store. 47 12.60%
Buying the complete Zordon era set instead 214 57.37%
Voters: 373. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old March 12th, 2012, 09:01 AM   #61
GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

Gnomish wrote: View Post

I realize there's no official statement as to the transfer quality, but is it reasonable to expect these DVDs will have better picture quality than on Netflix?
Better quality? Most of the PR seasons on Netflix have great quality already.
Old March 12th, 2012, 09:02 AM   #62
powerpackers90
AngelGroveRadioPodcast

FINALLY, DVD boxsets for Power Rangers. sadly with netflix this well only be a buy is if the bonus features are any good. like old promos, Behind The Scenes/documentaries, maybe even the alt. Ending to Doomsday, and audio commentaries on a few episodes. you know stuff like that. im not going to go all crazy like some and say that the Sentai episodes will be on here. (maybe the first episode of ZyuRanger on the season one boxset but that's it)

i think the reason Samurai is not apart of this is because im sure Paramount's Nick Home Videos has the rights to Samurai/Super Samurai and the future season.

the whole season set then series set thing i think means that their going to break the seasons up into two parts. like Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Season 1 Vol. 1 being the first 30 and Vol. 2 being the last 30 of season 1.
Old March 12th, 2012, 09:04 AM   #63
Alitain
God of Benevolence

Gnomish wrote: View Post

I realize there's no official statement as to the transfer quality, but is it reasonable to expect these DVDs will have better picture quality than on Netflix?
*Shrugs* I haven't watched the episodes on Netflix. My friend has and he hasn't really said anything about the quality. I'm going to assume the quality is no different than when the episodes first aired though. In which case, I'm at least fine with that. It's an old show so I'm not surprised by it looking dated. Then again they did hint at Blu ray though I seriously doubt the blu ray versions will look much different given how old the shows are(well of course except for RPM and the last couple). I've seen older movies from around MMPR's time in blu ray and there's really no difference.

But who knows, maybe they'll try polishing them a bit before release. I'm pretty sure Shout! was the company that released the Reboot series last year on DVD, if so and anyone who watched those DVDs did it look like the quality was the same as when the show aired or were they polished? That might help get an idea as to what people can expect from the PR releases.
Old March 12th, 2012, 09:06 AM   #64
Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

nintenfan3424 wrote: View Post

YESSSSSSSSS! Do Mystic Force and RPM First
Why would they release a shit season and a season nobody in the mainstream cared about first above the season that started it all and has far more cultural significence in MMPR?
Old March 12th, 2012, 09:06 AM   #65
Alitain
God of Benevolence

powerpackers90 wrote: View Post

FINALLY, DVD boxsets for Power Rangers. sadly with netflix this well only be a buy is if the bonus features are any good. like old promos, Behind The Scenes/documentaries, maybe even the alt. Ending to Doomsday, and audio commentaries on a few episodes. you know stuff like that. im not going to go all crazy like some and say that the Sentai episodes will be on here. (maybe the first episode of ZyuRanger on the season one boxset but that's it)

i think the reason Samurai is not apart of this is because im sure Paramount's Nick Home Videos has the rights to Samurai/Super Samurai and the future season.

the whole season set then series set thing i think means that their going to break the seasons up into two parts. like Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Season 1 Vol. 1 being the first 30 and Vol. 2 being the last 30 of season 1.
I could see that for MMPR give how long the first couple seasons were compared to the others. I mean I'd rather them release each season completely, but wouldn't be surprised to see at least the first season of MMPR to be split into two.

But all the later seasons were around 30 episodes so there's no reason to split them, so I doubt that'll happen for anything past the first, maybe second season of MMPR.
Old March 12th, 2012, 09:07 AM   #66
GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

powerpackers90 wrote: View Post

im not going to go all crazy like some and say that the Sentai episodes will be on here. (maybe the first episode of ZyuRanger on the season one boxset but that's it)
Keep dreaming, since I highly doubt they'll do that.
Old March 12th, 2012, 09:08 AM   #67
Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

XxStarlightxX wrote: View Post

Mystic force has already been released as a box set
A box set where most of the episodes arent even in chronological order...

I wonder if SF will contact 'Stack for DVD-ROM materials? He's got a shitload of scripts on the Project Hexagon site.
Old March 12th, 2012, 09:09 AM   #68
rangerspider
Power Ranger

So what bonus features are folks hoping for or would like. For me i would like deleted scenes, maybe series promos/toy promos of the period, and either restrospective interviews or making off type features. Now i dont expect to get all of that. More so like deleted scenes or old promos since footage of that may not exist any more. But would be nice to have. At least a restropective interview deal would be fun to see.

Also ya netflix is great and i have been viewing them since its addition to it. But its not always going to be on there. If saban doesnt renew deal with them or they decide to move to a different service. So that is always good to have dvd/bluray sets to own yourself. So you can view it any time if they were to no longer be on streaming sites.

As for samurai/super samurai. They ie saban brands probably have went with a different company to handle present going series sets like maybe paramount themselfs or one of there subsidaries companies who handle there film/tv releases. That does make sense a bit. Since the old series are not hd and probably would be handled in a different order then samurai.
Old March 12th, 2012, 09:11 AM   #69
XxStarlightxX
I'M NOT STARLIGHT.STUDIOS

eBay
Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

A box set where most of the episodes arent even in chronological order...

I wonder if SF will contact 'Stack for DVD-ROM materials? He's got a shitload of scripts on the Project Hexagon site.

True, but it's still a box set that America didn't get I believe. I think they got it as individual disks if at all.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
Old March 12th, 2012, 09:12 AM   #70
GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

rangerspider wrote: View Post

So what bonus features are folks hoping for or would like. For me i would like deleted scenes, maybe series promos/toy promos of the period, and either restrospective interviews or making off type features. Now i dont expect to get all of that. More so like deleted scenes or old promos since footage of that may not exist any more. But would be nice to have. At least a restropective interview deal would be fun to see.
I could see the MMPR DVDs to have specials on it, like the pilot episode, or the "Misadventures of Bulk and Skull" special. That's about it, really.
Old March 12th, 2012, 09:13 AM   #71
wizard
Shit Poster

Finally!! Though, part of me wants to hold off from buying DVDs so I can get them on Blu-ray. If the packaging is slick for DVDs, I will probably get them anyway.
Old March 12th, 2012, 09:15 AM   #72
rangerspider
Power Ranger

Ya i would hope at least for mmpr some special features others dont have. Like you said some specials, interview with cast and crew from in the past or present day. I know we cant expect alot and i know folks like tony oliver did say awhile ago old footage stuff like deleted scenes/etc... were lost in a fire. So i can get that reason if we dont get stuff like that. But at least some interviews and like the alternate versions of day of the dumpster would be nice to have.

For me i definately want to get mmpr-in space. Those were my fav ones. But there is others like timeforce i definately get and i would like to get ns/dt too probably. But overall it will be how good sets are made and the price range.
Old March 12th, 2012, 09:15 AM   #73
Abaranger
Kuuga Twitter Form

Why would they release a shit season and a season nobody in the mainstream cared about first above the season that started it all and has far more cultural significence in MMPR?
Shit seasons to you and some people here, but the little kids who watched it may have thought differently. Plus, it would make sense marketing-wise if they release the recent seasons first and work their way down until they finish at MMPR.

While I do assume they know that a portion of the sales will come from the older fans, this is a children's show after all, so they'll be marketing this mainly to younger fans. Like what they did with Rocko's Modern life, they pointed out on the DVD box that people involved with Spongebob were in Rocko's Modern Life.
Old March 12th, 2012, 09:16 AM   #74
Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

wizard wrote: View Post

Finally!! Though, part of me wants to hold off from buying DVDs so I can get them on Blu-ray..
I've read a great deal of posts detailing why PR will NEVER make it to Blu-Ray.

Abaranger wrote: View Post

Shit seasons to you and some people here, but the little kids who watched it may have thought differently.
No kid I know remembers Mystic Force, which makes it worse than "bad" in that it has no significent impact in kids fickle heads at all.

it would make sense marketing-wise if they release the recent seasons first and work their way down until they finish at MMPR.
No it wouldnt. PR is a niche show by today's standards. It's biggest audience is the collectors market, the most logical choice is to cater to them with MMPR for maximum sales impact.
Old March 12th, 2012, 09:17 AM   #75
themaskedninja
Power Ranger

I forgot all about the Bulk and Skull special, hopefully all the specials will be on as extras and maybe even have the Live stage show as an extra on Season 2 set.
Old March 12th, 2012, 09:17 AM   #76
Akared30
@SilurianRanger

I cannot wait to purchase RPM and Lost Galaxy on Blu-Ray! I can work off from there.
Old March 12th, 2012, 09:18 AM   #77
wizard
Shit Poster

I've read a great deal of posts detailing why PR will NEVER make it to Blu-Ray.
I know. I am sure I posted a couple of those :-P . Just the possibility if they were to, and the contract includes it, I don't want to waste my money.
Old March 12th, 2012, 09:20 AM   #78
rangerspider
Power Ranger

Ya blurays probably wouldnt happen for the early yrs maybe a few of the later disney yrs if that. But samurai and on would most likely have bluray releases.
Old March 12th, 2012, 09:20 AM   #79
Xenotome
They Call Her Cameroon

Akared30 wrote: View Post

I cannot wait to purchase RPM and Lost Galaxy on Blu-Ray! I can work off from there.
Nothing before Samurai will ever be on Blu-Ray. All of the Saban stuff was filmed on tape which is unconvertable to HD. For the rest they're not going to invest money in upconverting the footage because it wasn't filmed in HD.
Old March 12th, 2012, 09:23 AM   #80
rangerspider
Power Ranger

if they were to do blurays of the earlier yrs if anything it would probably just be a cheap converison to make some extra bucks of the series. But that probably wouldnt happen. DVDs are fine for the early yrs more so if we get good quality transfers.
Closed Thread

Tags
all stickered up not incl, analyze this, blu-ray or ashley's bust, brian! not brad!, calm down and be patient, closed caption, dvd or hostage demands, empty wallet, everyone is an expert, floodgates have opened, judging dvds by cover art, nerds, real disc'k' talk, special guest bruno mars, tv7 - end of world, unrealistic expectations, useless special features, watch case-not episodes, zordon summoning titanus