Home Menu

Menu

Closed

Old May 6th, 2011, 07:20 AM #1
> Gnomish
Gnomercy!

Gnomish
Gnomercy!

How long did your initial love affair with PR last?

How long did you keep up with the Power Rangers from the time you first got into it? I'm willing to bet a lot of you will say that you never took so much as a break! Haha. If it did fade away at some point, what was the reason?

As a five- or six-year-old kid, I watched PR from the beginning (MMPR '93 on Fox Kids) through most of Zeo, and then Turbo only sparingly before I moved on to other things. For a while, a few friends and I even used to pretend to be the Rangers at recess in elementary school! As the familiar faces continued to give way to new Rangers and new Zords and new villains, however, my interest began to fade and I moved on to other things (Mortal Kombat and Final Fantasy come to mind).

It feels great, though, to leap back into the fandom after all this time and realize that it has such an active fanbase. And I'm enjoying keeping up with a PR series (Samurai) during its first run for the first time since the mid 90s!

I'm willing to bet I'm not the only 20-something in this boat.
Old May 6th, 2011, 07:22 AM #2
> Truncated Power Rangers
Halle Berry's Assets

Truncated Power Rangers
Halle Berry's Assets

Like all my love affairs, I tend to exaggerate the duration.
Old May 6th, 2011, 07:22 AM #3
> PrinceofPeace
The NEW Ion

PrinceofPeace
The NEW Ion

I stopped loving it around ninja storm. I stopped watching at S.P.D I went back and watched spd this year and omdg is it fantastic.
Old May 6th, 2011, 07:31 AM #4
> ReD-X
Power Ranger

ReD-X
Power Ranger

You definetly aint the first Im 22 now, similar to you I grew up with MMPR, I lost intrest at the end of season 3 (the alien ranger arc) so I skipped Zeo, but some reason I caught an advert for turbo and enjoyed turbo (hated justin tho), so I stuck by it untill Lightspeed rescue started, gave up it then and returned to the fandom while Ninja storm was airing in the UK, I must say I havn't bothered with Mystic Force, Operation Overdrive (except once a ranger), Jungle Fury, and now samurai ... but this is mostly cause im now more of a sentai fan, however ive heard good things about RPM so I may give it a watch but even tho I havn't watched the new seaons its pretty clear im still a power ranger fan.
Old May 6th, 2011, 07:32 AM #5
> RangerBlack
SH Figuarts Empty Wallet

RangerBlack
SH Figuarts Empty Wallet

I watched for as long as I can remember back to the beginning (mostly MMPRS2 and S1 reruns) all the way up though Time Force. I fell off a bit when Turbo premiered, but otherwise watched from 1993-2002.

After that I watched the initial episodes of Dino Thunder and a bit of SPD before not paying attention anymore. I somehow got reinterested and watched RPM last summer, and now my brother and I watch Samurai together (we're both in college).

So, my initial love affair was 9 years, but I'll stretch it and say that I always had interest. Starting to watch Sentai definitely revived that.
Old May 6th, 2011, 07:36 AM #6
> SPDRedRanger
Power Ranger

SPDRedRanger
Power Ranger

It lasted until the near-end of Turbo, shortly after the new cast (sans Justin) transition.

I went back after ABC Family started airing past episodes, which was near Dino Thunder's premiere. Watched all the way until the near-end of Mystic Force. Then I saw Overdrive to RPM in their entirety, and I've stopped around the third (fifth) episode of Samurai. From the sound of things, I'm not missing much on the PR side of things.
Old May 6th, 2011, 07:44 AM #7
> Nasaniaru
PR BACK IN ACTION!!!

Nasaniaru
PR BACK IN ACTION!!!

My love affair with Power Rangers started probably during season two of Mighty Morphin. I remember my first Megazord being the Thunder Megazord with the rangers inside the chest. Through reruns, I was able to see the first series. It continued all the way till Ninja Storm where I came to the realization that I might have been too old to be watching Power Rangers anymore. But then Dino Thunder came and when I saw Tommy back, I got right back into it. Then, finally SPD came around and I quit actively watching it. I might have watched it when nothing better was on but no longer had it etched into my television watching schedule. It would be a little while till I actively searched out Power Rangers stuff. I found out about Boukenger watched that all the way through and decided that I wanted to see the Power Rangers adaptation of it. I made it through long enough to see Once A Ranger. But then I saw One Fine Day and seeing as how it completely and utterly failed to reach the drama of Task 31, I officially hung up my ranger fan hat. I would come back to see the awesomeness that was RPM. And I was hoping to see all of Samurai but the horrible actors and the direct translation and lack of originality and the way that the Bulk and Spike scenes seem randomly put in turned me off to the show again. I unfortunately don't think I will be back watching Power Rangers anytime soon. So yeah, From Season Two of Mighty Morphin' till the end of Power Rangers Dino Thunder.
Old May 6th, 2011, 07:53 AM #8
> ZeoRangerVIIWhite
The Ranger That Never Was

ZeoRangerVIIWhite
The Ranger That Never Was

Initially, from the beginning to sometime during Lightspeed rescue. The characters were just bland in my opinion. Got back in for Time force, then left until DT, then again after SPD, and then caught most of Jungle Fury and have stuck around since...
Old May 6th, 2011, 07:57 AM #9
> yonkomother
Black Wind Ranger

yonkomother
Black Wind Ranger

I stopped watching sometime around In Space. Then caught bits and pieces of Wild Force and Dino Thunder as siblings watched it. Then, a few months ago, I re watched the Entire first season, then the second, and I just got into it again. I'm currently re watching In Space, so after this season, it'll be completely new to me.
Old May 6th, 2011, 07:59 AM #10
> megus
Power Ranger

megus
Power Ranger

it keeps going for me but our relationsihp did start to get rocky at oo but has really picked up since samurai
Old May 6th, 2011, 08:00 AM #11
> Predator Ranger
VIP Ranger

Predator Ranger
VIP Ranger

I've been with it since the beginning. There was a bit of a slow down during OO -- I made it about halfway through the season, and kept downloading, but I didn't watch right away. I Just couldn't give a damn about that season. I did catch up before Jungle Fury premiered, so it wasn't a huge break, and I'm still hanging on now.
Old May 6th, 2011, 08:01 AM #12
> Dairanger
Real Men Use Pizza

Dairanger
Real Men Use Pizza

Until Wild Force. That season killed everything.
Old May 6th, 2011, 08:07 AM #13
> AdmiralStabby
Signs too many contracts

AdmiralStabby
Signs too many contracts

I had a very short love affair back in the 90s. After the first or second year, I decided it was time for us to go our separate ways.

Now I come back because apparently she had children and if I don't watch them I'll be paying thousands of dollars in child support for a very long time.

... Oh, you were asking about PR? Oh, right. I actually stopped sometime around MMPR season 2, although I'd see it on tv every once in awhile. I didn't come back until about two years ago when I watched some of the seasons I missed. This year is the first year I'm actually watching the new season when it airs...
Old May 6th, 2011, 08:14 AM #14
> TkMacintosh
Power Ranger

TkMacintosh
Power Ranger

Hrmm....

I'm 22 and I started with season 1, the original MMPR, and I kept watching the show religiously every week...though my memory IS fuzzy at bits and pieces...like with Season 2 and 3....but I kept watching until Mystic Force...then I gave up on it because I just didn't like the thought of Power Rangers being magicians...
Old May 6th, 2011, 08:18 AM #15
> Gnomish
Gnomercy!

Gnomish
Gnomercy!

TheSilentWatcher wrote: View Post

I had a very short love affair back in the 90s. After the first or second year, I decided it was time for us to go our separate ways.

Now I come back because apparently she had children and if I don't watch them I'll be paying thousands of dollars in child support for a very long time.

... Oh, you were asking about PR? Oh, right.
This had me lawling. Well in a sense, MMPR did give birth a number of series, and now you do watch them, so your words work as a metaphor as well as a joke.
Old May 6th, 2011, 08:26 AM #16
> ⚡Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

I started watching the show back when Day of the Dumpster first aired here on terrestrial TV (If anyone know that actual date that was, it would be nice to find out ^^).
I became obsessed with it straight away and watched it religiously from the get-go. Turbo was when it started to die for me though. It started to get a little "meh" as soon as PRT started but I stuck with it. A little while after the cast change though, I quit. I'm not entirely sure the reasons why. Maybe I just got bored of it or grew out of it; I don't know.

I didn't get back into it until I randomly came across the show again on Fox Kids when they were airing Wild Force along with repeats of Time Force. I watched little bits and it piqued my interest again. I started watching both on TV, and played catch-up on info online on the seasons that I missed and also *points at join date* joined RangerBoard.
It was also that time when I proved my "This is made from another show, right?" feeling that I had since MMPR, when I discovered Sentai and looked at lots of info about that.
I then started downloading tiny-res episodes and watching Fox Kids' every-episode runthroughs on everything that I had missed over all of those years.
Since then, I've been back to being obsessed with the show, maybe even more so than when I was a kid, lol.

So, *****: Began at Day of the Dumpster, gave up a little while after the big cast-change in Turbo, came back during Time Force/Wild Force, back ever since.
Old May 6th, 2011, 08:26 AM #17
> wizard
Shit Poster

wizard
Shit Poster

MMPR ("Happy Birthday, Zack" was, I believe, the first episode I ever saw), ended around a few months into Turbo. Came back at Ninja Storm.
Old May 6th, 2011, 08:33 AM #18
> Drifting Sno
Power Ranger

Drifting Sno
Power Ranger

I started watching PR since the beginning. Saw all of S1 and S2, and most of S3. Didn't get to see all the episodes during S3 though for some reasons I can't remember, though did see enough to keep up with what was going on. Then when Zeo started I watch the hell out of that season. Kept a passing interest in it during Turbo, and then saw all of PRiS. I think my interest really started to fade during PRLG, maybe about 1/2 or 3/4 the way through. Due to high school and college and I only got to see a few episodes here and there for the rest of the seasons, from PRLR to PRMF. Tried to start watching the series again during OO, but just couldn't stand it. It was about that time I started looking into Sentai. Watched Dekaranger and some of Magiranger. Recently I watched though Go-Onger and Shinkenger, and am really just getting back in PR now. Watched all of Dino Thunder and RPM, and am watching Samurai as it airs. Also currently watching through Hurricanger, Dairanger (whatever TVnihon has of it, as they put it up), and Gokaiger as well.
Old May 6th, 2011, 09:13 AM #19
> Yawn
Power Ranger

Yawn
Power Ranger

Sometime in the early MMPR episodes until about the middle of Mystic Force. From hat point I just watched the corresponding Super Sentai or just waited until a season was finished before watching.
Old May 6th, 2011, 09:15 AM #20
> Ryno165
I am one with the Matrix.

Ryno165
I am one with the Matrix.

For me I watched till the first movie. At the time of the first movie I started high school and lost interest. I got back in for Time Force then dropped away until Samurai got me back in.
Closed