Home Menu

Menu



Closed
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 24th, 2009, 07:58 AM #1
Sadsmileyface's Avatar
> ⚡Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 24,763
eBay
Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.
Sadsmileyface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 24,763
eBay



Selling Power Rangers DVDs on Rangerboard

Since we've now directly experienced the result of poor DVD sales in the shape of the incomplete Jungle Fury collection in the US, RangerBoard will NO LONGER permit the sale of ANY DVDR/copy/pirate/whatever of ANY officially released PR DVD.

This includes the UK, German, French, Italian, Dutch, and USA Shout! Factory releases.

ANY member found to be selling copies of PR DVDs will be banned. Any member actively SEEKING pirate copies will be infractioned.

It doesn't matter if you're ripping them and changing the episode order, or changing audio tracks, or adding extra scenes- NO SALE OF PIRATED RELEASES, IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM, WILL BE TOLERATED.




(Jungle Fury also has a complete season release in the UK)

See? You see just how much PR is available so far? With the exception of Lightspeed Rescue and Time Force, all have English audio and are available cheaply online. We've waited for YEARS for any DVD support at all, and it's just plain wrong to line to pockets of greedy users.


If you have ORIGINAL discs you want to re-sell, that's still permitted. If you have TV-Rips you want to sell, that's fine. The bottom line- NO COPIES OF OFFICIALLY RELEASED PR DVDS WILL BE SOLD ON RANGERBOARD.

This is NOT up for question. It is NOT a debate. You have been warned.

Last edited by OmegaRangerRed; June 13th, 2012 at 10:00 AM.
Sadsmileyface is offline    
Old April 24th, 2009, 11:56 AM #2
andr0s81's Avatar
> andr0s81
100% Grade "A" Final Boss
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,132
4 eBay
andr0s81
100% Grade "A" Final Boss
andr0s81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,132
4 eBay



So Argus's DVDs are still good because they are TV rips correct?
andr0s81 is offline    
Old April 24th, 2009, 11:58 AM #3
Argus's Avatar
> Argus
Time Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,534
128
Argus
Time Master
Argus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,534
128



No, because they are not.

Well, Jungle Fury is a TV rip. All others are not.
Argus is offline    
Old April 24th, 2009, 01:44 PM #4
Henners's Avatar
> Henners
Formerly KoffeeKid
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,453
4
Henners
Formerly KoffeeKid
Henners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,453
4



so my sentai DVDs are fine right?

And TV rips are ok?
Henners is offline    
Old April 24th, 2009, 02:01 PM #5
JohnReynolds's Avatar
> JohnReynolds
The Doctor
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,071
JohnReynolds
The Doctor
JohnReynolds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,071



KoffeeKid wrote: View Post

so my sentai DVDs are fine right?

And TV rips are ok?
As he said in the first post:

"If you have ORIGINAL discs you want to re-sell, that's still permitted. If you have TV-Rips you want to sell, that's fine."

Edit:
Wow, post nr. 1000
JohnReynolds is offline    
Old April 24th, 2009, 02:13 PM #6
Henners's Avatar
> Henners
Formerly KoffeeKid
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,453
4
Henners
Formerly KoffeeKid
Henners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,453
4



Hakkersszz wrote: View Post

As he said in the first post:

"If you have ORIGINAL discs you want to re-sell, that's still permitted. If you have TV-Rips you want to sell, that's fine."

Edit:
Wow, post nr. 1000
no i meant "And TV rips are ok?" as in, why? It's still the copyrighted material.

selling TV rips actually causes more damage. because the series aren't getting released onto DVD, people will just buy rips on DVD-R and that causes less sales.
Henners is offline    
Old April 24th, 2009, 02:28 PM #7
JohnReynolds's Avatar
> JohnReynolds
The Doctor
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,071
JohnReynolds
The Doctor
JohnReynolds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,071



KoffeeKid wrote: View Post

no i meant "And TV rips are ok?" as in, why? It's still the copyrighted material.

selling TV rips actually causes more damage. because the series aren't getting released onto DVD, people will just buy rips on DVD-R and that causes less sales.
Ah, yes. That is weird. I'd like to see an explanation on this.
JohnReynolds is offline    
Old April 24th, 2009, 02:31 PM #8
Sadsmileyface's Avatar
> ⚡Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 24,763
eBay
Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.
Sadsmileyface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 24,763
eBay



God. Are the rules not clear enough? Would you rather we stopped TV rips as well? Is that what you want the official stance on the matter to be? Is that what you people are driving at?
Sadsmileyface is offline    
Old April 24th, 2009, 03:07 PM #9
Philminder's Avatar
> Philminder
The Can of Nothing
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,341
Philminder
The Can of Nothing
Philminder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,341



KoffeeKid wrote: View Post

no i meant "And TV rips are ok?" as in, why? It's still the copyrighted material.

selling TV rips actually causes more damage. because the series aren't getting released onto DVD, people will just buy rips on DVD-R and that causes less sales.
Less sales on a series that isn't being released on DVD?
Philminder is offline    
Old April 25th, 2009, 04:07 AM #10
Cyrax9's Avatar
> Cyrax9
VIP Rider
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 4,590
Cyrax9
VIP Rider
Cyrax9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 4,590



Argus wrote: View Post

It could also be that they picked a crappy season like OO to finally do a full set, and the sales were not very good due to the quality of the season.
Argus, did you not see the original post that explained this whole situation? PROO sold remarkably well on DVD; PRJF's DVD sales were piss-poor, and that's what lead to the cancellation of Vol. 3-5 in the USA. I don't feel like linking to the post again, but it's from Dino_Ranger_White in the UK PRJF DVD thread.

KoffeeKid wrote: View Post

no i meant "And TV rips are ok?" as in, why? It's still the copyrighted material.
Because Disney has been known to "alter" their DVD releases by removing opening/ending credits (PRNS-PRMF) and on occasion take out a scene here or there. (C2D on the BoPR DVD comes to mind.) The TV rips are "bugged" there's no way that they can possibly compete quality-wise with an officially released DVD, and anyone whose paying for a TV rip is likely looking for the show in its original format and has already purchased any official DVDs. The only PROO episode I'd even consider offering on a disc+shipping basis would be the series premiere version of "Kick Into Overdrive," (Behind the scenes isn't an "episode,") because the DVD had the episode split into two parts. Again, the only way to see the series premiere version of "Kick into Overdrive" is via TV rip, and I don't expect that to change. Granted, if it did, I wouldn't offer that episode even as a TV rip because I'd want people to buy the DVD it was on. TV Rips are still being allowed most likely so that people can see episodes Disney will likely never release, (like MMPR-PRTF) at least not for a long time, in a way that likely won't cut into Disney's profits or force someone to go without English audio on certain seasons.

SnoopsWarner wrote: View Post

God. Are the rules not clear enough? Would you rather we stopped TV rips as well? Is that what you want the official stance on the matter to be? Is that what you people are driving at?
Actually Snoops, I think that TV Rips of PROO should be prohibited, with the exception being the "series premiere" version of Kick Into Overdrive which wasn't released on DVD (thus the only way to see it is via a TV rip,) the "Behind the Scenes" special, and any other two-parters that were initially shown as one part and split into two for DVD. For the average episode though, there's no reason the sale of TV rips should be permitted when it comes to PROO; the entire series has been released in the USA and the UK without any alterations that I'm aware of. There's a difference between having someone copy a TV rip of PRNS because the credits were altered for the DVD, and having someone copy a TV rip of most of PROO because the person is too lazy to buy the DVDs from Disney. Furthermore, if Disney does finish PRJF on DVD in the USA and doesn't alter it, than sales of episodes on DVD from that series should be prohibited as well.

KoffeeKid wrote: View Post

It takes 4 hours to author a master DVD. High Quality encodes are up within the hour after it airs. I have the first 7 episodes of RPM already on a disc. I will have the entire series on a DVD before it comes out officially. Now, If I sell these TV Rips, when the show DOES come out on DVD? What is going to happen? The people who already bought mine probably won't buy the official DVD. Then because the first volume sold poorly - they don't finish the series.
This is why I'm seriously considering having my RPM encodes of the first five episodes yanked once Vol. 1 comes out and it's determined that the show hasn't been altered in any way, shape or form--if Disney adds on end credits, (which I believe they're going to judging by the run time,) I won't consider that an "edit" because ABC Kids has technically "edited" the show by running the credits over the end of the episode, which isn't done in the UK, and wouldn't be done on Disney XD. What's more, if the RPM DVDs are done as well as the PROO DVDs, or even the first two PRJF volumes, then there should be no excuse to continue to allow the distribution of RPM TV Rips. I have a note in every one of my RPM encodes to "buy the DVDs" when they're released, but my reasoning for yanking said encodes of episodes 1-5 around 07/07/09 would be to try and make people buy the DVDs.

Also, it's amazing what a little "motivation" from Disney has done here. Last week, the PRJF DVDs' "Amazon Sales Rank" was in the 40,000s for both volumes. This week, the Amazon Sales Rank for "Into the Jungle" is 9,960 with a #83 rank in the Sci-Fi category; here's a link: http://www.amazon.com/Power-Rangers-...806610-1829315 What's more, Way of the Master now carries an Amazon Sales Rank of 24,343, which is a nice improvement over where it was just a week ago. For completeness' sake, Power Rangers RPM: Start Your Engines has an Amazon Sales Rank of 37,558. Come on people; pre-order the DVD! Pre-orders give Disney further incentive to promote releases and to finish the show. If we could give RPM Vol. 1 the kind of rank that PRJF Vol. 1 has in pre-orders only, that would help us ensure that we don't lose out on a second complete season.
Cyrax9 is offline    
Old April 28th, 2009, 03:57 AM #11
Cyrax9's Avatar
> Cyrax9
VIP Rider
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 4,590
Cyrax9
VIP Rider
Cyrax9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 4,590



Argus wrote: View Post

No, I did not see that thread.

I do not live in the UK, and I already have a full set of JF episodes, so why would I read it?
I don't live in the UK either, but I found the thread in question because I was trying to find out if/when PRJF Vol. 3 was being released anywhere. As for why you might read it, although I too have a full set of JF episodes, they're in varying quality (e.g. some have a "clean" ending w/music while others have the "Jetix" ending,) I'd buy DVDs from Disney because the "dancing logos/screen bugs" drive me nuts and as long as Disney isn't altering the show on DVD, I wouldn't mind buying it. However, I can understand why you didn't view the previously mentioned thread.

Argus wrote: View Post

A link would help to further your point.
Ask and ye shall receive; here's the link to Dino_Ranger_White's post, as well as PrometheusUFO's blog, which I plucked the individual post from, and the thread in question itself. I hope that you find these useful. (UFO's blog shows up when searching for PRJF Vol. 3 on Google.)

KoffeeKid wrote: View Post

I think this statement proves my point.
To a degree yes, but in truth, I really just think that many people don't know how much PR is really out there. Snoops put thumbnails for the covers in this thread, but maybe there's a way to expand on that.

Snoops or any other mod/admin reading this, would it be possible to direct-link to Amazon pages for PR DVDs and put them all in a sticky thread like this? What I mean is, would it be possible to make it blatantly obvious that certain seasons are available in their entirety on DVD and to provide links so that fans may import the DVDs with relative ease? I think it'd also cut down on the "I couldn't find -insert name of series here-" on DVD excuse.

Also, I'm not sure if this is doable or not, but would there be a way for a mod/admin to make it so that if Power Rangers RPM Vol. 1 was purchased from Amazon.com through a link on RB, RB would earn some sort of commission? I'm thinking that if buying RPM Vol. 1 from Amazon.com would help keep RB's servers running, more people might be inclined to do so. Again, this is just a thought, and I'm not sure of the feasibility.
Cyrax9 is offline    
Old May 1st, 2009, 12:34 AM #12
Cloud Strife's Avatar
> Cloud Strife
It's ninja time!
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,643
1
Cloud Strife
It's ninja time!
Cloud Strife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,643
1



actually you can make your dvd player region free. you can find lists on google, yahoo, etc and find an 'unlock' code for it. all you need is the brand and model. my old dvd player wasn't 'unlockable' so i went and bought a dvd player i saw on the list from walmart for i think 30 or 40 bucks and i made it region free. i only have the 1st two seasons of PR from germany, eventually i'll get the rest heh. i've never really been fond of like tv rips etc. i always liked the authentic kind of stuff
Cloud Strife is offline    
Old May 1st, 2009, 09:29 PM #13
Blue Dolphin's Avatar
> Blue Dolphin
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,030
Blue Dolphin
Power Ranger
Blue Dolphin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,030



Cloud Strife wrote: View Post

actually you can make your dvd player region free. you can find lists on google, yahoo, etc and find an 'unlock' code for it. all you need is the brand and model. my old dvd player wasn't 'unlockable' so i went and bought a dvd player i saw on the list from walmart for i think 30 or 40 bucks and i made it region free. i only have the 1st two seasons of PR from germany, eventually i'll get the rest heh. i've never really been fond of like tv rips etc. i always liked the authentic kind of stuff
Yep. I had 3 DVD players and non were able to be unlocked. My brother needed some extra cash a few months ago and sold me his used player for $20, that he bought from Walmart for $50. Got online, found a hack code and wham bam I've been watching UK, German and Japaneses DVDs.
Blue Dolphin is offline    
Old May 2nd, 2009, 01:16 AM #14
bandai1983's Avatar
> bandai1983
Toys"R"Us Kid 4Life
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,790
bandai1983
Toys"R"Us Kid 4Life
bandai1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,790



So did they use the cut footage fromJetix to make these dvds or is it the original footage? For example, Lightspeed.
bandai1983 is offline    
Old May 2nd, 2009, 02:25 AM #15
Sadsmileyface's Avatar
> ⚡Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 24,763
eBay
Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.
Sadsmileyface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 24,763
eBay



bandai1983 wrote: View Post

So did they use the cut footage fromJetix to make these dvds or is it the original footage? For example, Lightspeed.
Do you mean the German DVDs?
Sadsmileyface is offline    
Old May 2nd, 2009, 05:28 PM #16
Matt C's Avatar
> Matt C
VIP Ranger
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 7,409
Matt C
VIP Ranger
Matt C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 7,409



Cloud Strife wrote: View Post

actually you can make your dvd player region free. you can find lists on google, yahoo, etc and find an 'unlock' code for it. all you need is the brand and model. my old dvd player wasn't 'unlockable' so i went and bought a dvd player i saw on the list from walmart for i think 30 or 40 bucks and i made it region free. i only have the 1st two seasons of PR from germany, eventually i'll get the rest heh. i've never really been fond of like tv rips etc. i always liked the authentic kind of stuff
My first DVD player was actually region-free -- I got it in 2003 and it's been acting up recently. I did use a hack code for my portable DVD player to make it region-free and works beautifully.

I think some of the older members (such as JDF'D) holding out for an official U.S. release should just suck up their pride and import the damn things. Availability of the sets and region-free players shouldn't be a problem.
Matt C is offline    
Old May 2nd, 2009, 06:11 PM #17
Cloud Strife's Avatar
> Cloud Strife
It's ninja time!
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,643
1
Cloud Strife
It's ninja time!
Cloud Strife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,643
1



Plan Xander wrote: View Post

My first DVD player was actually region-free -- I got it in 2003 and it's been acting up recently. I did use a hack code for my portable DVD player to make it region-free and works beautifully.

I think some of the older members (such as JDF'D) holding out for an official U.S. release should just suck up their pride and import the damn things. Availability of the sets and region-free players shouldn't be a problem.
in my opinion i don't think we'll EVER see these sets here in the U.S. unfortunately. but the german releases are our episodes and still have the english track so it's worth it to import them.
Cloud Strife is offline    
Old May 2nd, 2009, 09:32 PM #18
bandai1983's Avatar
> bandai1983
Toys"R"Us Kid 4Life
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,790
bandai1983
Toys"R"Us Kid 4Life
bandai1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,790



SnoopsWarner wrote: View Post

Do you mean the German DVDs?
Yup, and since I have the malaysian berjaya turbo and space vcds, can i sell those if i ever decide that it takes up too much space?
bandai1983 is offline    
Old May 3rd, 2009, 02:08 AM #19
Sadsmileyface's Avatar
> ⚡Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 24,763
eBay
Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.
Sadsmileyface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 24,763
eBay



bandai1983 wrote: View Post

Yup, and since I have the malaysian berjaya turbo and space vcds, can i sell those if i ever decide that it takes up too much space?
The German DVDs are uncut. However, they have no English audio track.
Sadsmileyface is offline    
Old May 10th, 2009, 05:22 PM #20
blackcondor105's Avatar
> blackcondor105
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,183
blackcondor105
Power Ranger
blackcondor105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,183



this is stupid no ones wants to buy uk dvds
blackcondor105 is offline    
Closed

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.