Home Menu

Menu

Old February 17th, 2019, 12:12 PM #301
> Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

The Megazord looks incredible. The only downside is how expensive it'll be to buy all the individual Zords.
Bluecatcinema is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2019, 12:29 PM #302
> Ainze
Power Ranger

Ainze
Power Ranger

Not trying to rain on anyone’s parade - if you prefer Hasbro Megazord, great - but I still think I prefer BoJ Megazord for paint, mold shape and general finish. Hasbro’s looks a tad cheap, has visible hollowed out plastic facing forwards, much less detail, almost the same price as BoJ, and I just can’t deal with that gorilla. On the plus side, elbows (and other articulation), cheetah tail length, helmet size. There’s definitely stuff to like. I’m just leaning towards BoJ.
Ainze is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2019, 12:40 PM #303
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

It's a tradeoff. The BoJ mechas look more solid and compact at the cost of articulation and screen-accuracy, whereas the Hasbro molds try to look more like actual posable mechas but have wonkier proportions as a result. In the years to come I think Hasbro's might end up being better all-around the longer they have to learn how these things work.
Cuchulainn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old February 17th, 2019, 01:04 PM #304
> kibapower
Unce! Unce! Unce!

kibapower
Unce! Unce! Unce!

Let's not compare the experienced to the fresh meat that deeply yet.

I will do so anyway, and say I'll stick with Hasbro if this holds true. I'm tired of immobile bricks with gimmick holes
kibapower is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2019, 01:29 PM #305
> Timeline15
Power Ranger

Timeline15
Power Ranger

I love how most of these look. The Racer Zord has a weird matte finish instead of the metallic one Ace had, but other than that it's better than the Go-Busters one in every way (Both the DX and Light and sound versions). The DX version seems to have much more arm articulation, and less ridiculous looking legs. The light and sound version is just a good representation of the robot mode.

The DX Megazord looks a bit better than Go-Buster-Oh, which was too wide in toy form and looked like some sort of sumo wrestler. Red's fury mode seems to give him more armour than the powered custom did, so I wonder how they're gonna justify "upgrading" to the powered custom suits in season 2.
Timeline15 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2019, 01:37 PM #306
> Destiny13777
Power Ranger

Destiny13777
Power Ranger

@kibapower I agree, it's easy for some people to say they prefer one or the other now but no one has really handled a commercially released Hasbro megazord yet lol.

Personally I'm looking forward to having the toys in hand, my main grievances with the Go-Buster line had to do with Ace. Ace's legs ruined the look of every combined mode going forward and since they couldn't bend it makes the mode with Li-oh look silly. I hated how the sword was held by ball joint for some reason. I also didn't like Go-Buster Beet's arms leaving huge gaps between the shoulders as I mentioned before. So far Hasbro's line seems to be fixing some of these things but I'll withhold proper judgement till I have it in hand. I expected the hollow plastic because if you know modern Transformers toys you know a decent amount of them have very visible hollowed out parts. I'm just glad there doesn't seem to be stickers like some TF toys.
Destiny13777 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2019, 02:13 PM #307
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Ainze wrote: View Post

Not trying to rain on anyone’s parade - if you prefer Hasbro Megazord, great - but I still think I prefer BoJ Megazord for paint, mold shape and general finish.
Well sure, circle is technically a shape.

I like that Hasbro appears to have gone to the show as their base reference instead of BoJ's mold. I personally feel it is overall a far better approximation of the robot in the show as opposed to BoJ's toys. And the thing about BoJ's toys from Go-Busters is that Go-Buster Oh is easily the best mech that they did with and then they started to pile so much on top of it and when you get to Great Go-Buster you've got a toy that is equal dimension height, width, & depth. It was basically a cube.
Xenotome is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2019, 02:15 PM #308
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Bluecatcinema wrote: View Post

The Megazord looks incredible. The only downside is how expensive it'll be to buy all the individual Zords.

There's an offset somewhere where 3 parts sold individually will yield a profit. I hope that make sense.

If they were sold together it would be $35 dollars

1 part - $25
2nd - $25
3rd - $25

That's $75 dollars! They make much more selling individually.

The price is equal to the BOJ version but with less paint and more articulation. In time this should yield a profit right?
Gold Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2019, 02:17 PM #309
> Angelbear01
The Red Triforian Ranger

Angelbear01
The Red Triforian Ranger

As someone who has owned the original Go Buster Oh figure I can personally say that I think I'm going to like the Hasbro version over the BOJ one. My reasoning for this is because the BOJ one seemed to be really nice in terms of design but the joints were way too stiff when transforming certain parts of Ace (the cheetah Zord), and the overall Megazord mode just felt a little weird when combined. I mean it looked great, and the connections were super solid (save for the Gorilla chest piece, it kept falling out on mine), and I was overall impressed. But at the very same turn, I feel that maybe it's time to give Hasbro a shot at what they can do.

I personally gave up on collecting Power Rangers, even went so far as to selling out my entire original collection via Facebook, because I was tired of seeing absolutely nothing spectacular from Bandai of America since the buyback on Saban's part. I still watch the show, but the toys I gave up on for a while. And while I know BOA has been the main distributor for Power Rangers toys since it all got started, I miss the days of good solid Megazords that came packaged in lovely boxes and had styrofoam packaging, as well as nice weight to them. And while Hasbro's versions might look hollowed out, who's to say that they won't have some form of a substantial weight to them? I mean, look at Siege on Cybertron Ultra Magnus. He's got some good weight!

The point is, that it's time to see what this company can do. I for one am hapy with the fact that we're even getting a mini Ninjor action figure in this line and in his Battle Mode at that! Just like a lot of people, I'm reserving my final judgment for when I have the actual toy in hand. Besides, this might be just the thing that gets me right back into PR collecting. So with that being said, BRING ON THE NEW TOYS!
Angelbear01 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2019, 02:20 PM #310
> Timeline15
Power Ranger

Timeline15
Power Ranger

I mean, there's stuff you can tell even from looking at it. It's just an objectively more faithful recreation of the suit than the Go-Busters one. Here's a comparison image:

GoBuster-Oh has slightly better paint in some places, but in every other respect it's miles away from the in-show suit, whereas Beast-X recreates it pretty faithfully (though still doesn't quite get the legs right for some reason).
Timeline15 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2019, 02:24 PM #311
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Angelbear01 wrote: View Post

The point is, that it's time to see what this company can do. I for one am hapy with the fact that we're even getting a mini Ninjor action figure in this line and in his Battle Mode at that! Just like a lot of people, I'm reserving my final judgment for when I have the actual toy in hand. Besides, this might be just the thing that gets me right back into PR collecting. So with that being said, BRING ON THE NEW TOYS!
Hasbro (and the comics) has done more for Ninjor than Bandai or Saban have since he made his debut over 20 years ago...

Timeline15;5708107GoBuster-Oh has [I wrote:
slightly[/I] better paint in some places, but in every other respect it's miles away from the in-show suit, whereas Beast-X recreates it pretty faithfully (though still doesn't quite get the legs right for some reason).
You can't really get the legs correct without just having there be a complete open section where they fit into the gorilla pieces and doing so would make the Gorilla suffer design wise. I think Hasbro managed to do it as well as it can be.
Old February 17th, 2019, 04:01 PM #312
> Rycor
Power Ranger

Rycor
Power Ranger

Any chances we'll see a box set of the megazord?
Rycor is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2019, 04:04 PM #313
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

Rycor wrote: View Post

Any chances we'll see a box set of the megazord?
Possibly as a store-exclusive holiday set for Christmas way later this year. They've done that quite a bit with Transformers toys, especially ones that combine.
Cuchulainn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2019, 04:18 PM #314
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Hassan got a full demo of the Morpher from Jason and unfortunately there's no cast on it from what I can hear, but the sounds and music are top notch.

The music seems to be specific for each key too.
Old February 17th, 2019, 04:32 PM #315
> Rycor
Power Ranger

Rycor
Power Ranger

Interesting, so just from that morpher I've learned Blaze isn't human and seems to have a battle of the reds going on...

Cuchulainn wrote: View Post

Possibly as a store-exclusive holiday set for Christmas way later this year. They've done that quite a bit with Transformers toys, especially ones that combine.
I won't be able to wait and see so will probably end up with 2 sets

Oh well, could display them in multiple modes I guess!
Rycor is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2019, 04:36 PM #316
> Infinitevirtue
Power Ranger

Infinitevirtue
Power Ranger

The morpher has a surprising variety of sounds. I am very impressed though it seems it may be a bit finicky with making sure the keys are inserted correctly to get the right response. The motion and sound activated features are really cool too! I already have the Go-Busters morpher but Hasbro's version is very tempting. Haha.

I also noticed the sword doesn't transform so I wonder if they'll do a separate release for all the weapons that can transform into their "disguises". I especially would love a Dri-blade because I never did end up picking up the BOJ one.

Last edited by Infinitevirtue; February 17th, 2019 at 04:42 PM.
Infinitevirtue is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2019, 04:54 PM #317
> Angelbear01
The Red Triforian Ranger

Angelbear01
The Red Triforian Ranger

Xenotome wrote: View Post

Hasbro (and the comics) has done more for Ninjor than Bandai or Saban have since he made his debut over 20 years ago...
Oh no, definitely! That's the point I was trying to make there. I've always felt that Bandai could've at the very least given us a miniature version of NInjor to scale with the 5 inch figures from back in the day, since we had one to go with the 8 inch ones.

But I do agree with you that he's gotten a lot more in the comics lately as well as this new toyline. Now, if Hasbro would only correct the shoulder pads on their Battle Mode version then he'd be perfect! But other than that, he looks splendid. You can figure here in the US all we got of Ninjor was a Deluxe Zord style figure, a Ranger Key, and a comic book appearance.

While in Japan, we got the Super Sentai Artisan Ninjaman that came with the Doron Changer, Deluxe Ninjaman, and a few other things (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) but really nothing past that. And I'm not counting Ninjakon or the Jungle Fury repaint since those are seperate characters and exclusive to the toys.

But back on track: I think Hasbro has this in the bag, and I can't wait to see how big the Ultrazord will be once it's fully combined.
Angelbear01 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2019, 05:02 PM #318
> AkaCornSnackEtc
Give Praise Unto Me

AkaCornSnackEtc
Give Praise Unto Me

I like that Blaze gets a more metal riff for his jingle than the core rangers.
AkaCornSnackEtc is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2019, 05:32 PM #319
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

So from what I'm hearing is something that I like. People have been asking WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DO ABOUT THE ZORDS FOR NEXT YEAR!? Hasbro doesn't seem to leaning on them to be the money maker of the line and are staggering them in a much more spread out approach. Like according to the Q&A we won't see any of the combining zords until the Fall.
Old February 17th, 2019, 05:43 PM #320
> Mr. Yellow
Twitter - @MisturYellow

Mr. Yellow
Twitter - @MisturYellow

There will be different versions of the zords released as well, but we still have

The Lion

and potentially...

The Frog

in addition to any surprises in the toyline. So there's stuff to do. Bandai just didn't want to/know how to.
Mr. Yellow is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote