Home Menu

Menu

Old February 11th, 2019, 05:17 PM #5621
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Dino,a Wiz & a Wardrobe

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Dino,a Wiz & a Wardrobe

maslego wrote: View Post

Had some…questionable episodes (the gender swap one comes to mind)
I haven't seen privates grabbed on Sentai since Megaranger.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 06:18 PM #5622
> gantarat
Power Ranger

gantarat
Power Ranger

maslego wrote: View Post

They really could have had the teams unite much earlier and shake up the status quo
Problem is Both team didn't want to work alongside unless it's necessary like fight Golden Status even after The reveal and get out from Dograni'o safe Lupins still didn't want to do that.

Last edited by gantarat; February 11th, 2019 at 06:30 PM.
gantarat is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 06:26 PM #5623
> hannibaLUCIO
Kyoryu GAY

eBay
hannibaLUCIO
Kyoryu GAY

eBay

I just finished the last three episodes. Like I said 12 months ago, I kept caring for Lupinranger VS Patranger. I think it's a good Sentai, even with some flaws, and I disagree with who says it was mostly all about Lupins, because Pats had many occasions to shine too. Just like Kyuranger, it was not all about Reds either. This Sentai introduced me the best hot-blooded Red, a young but deep Red, a charming Blue, a resilient Green, a cute and nice Yellow, a badass Pink and a husbando Silver/Gold. The main story is pretty shattered, but filler episodes are generally cool and the endgame is exciting. I even enjoyed the finale!
This was the 42nd Sentai I watched (because last year I binge-watched all the others from Gorenger to Go-Busters!), so here is my chart in reverse order, from the one I dislike the most to the one I like the most:

42 - Denziman
41 - J.A.K.Q.
40 - Jetman
39 - Ohranger
38 - Goggle V
37 - Gaoranger
36 - Zyuohger
35 - Liveman
34 - Go-Onger
33 - Ninninger
32 - Sun Vulcan
31 - Megaranger
30 - Zyuranger
29 - Gingaman
28 - Carranger
27 - Shinkenger
26 - Changeman
25 - Boukenger
24 - Magiranger
23 - Goseiger
22 - Gorenger
21 - Battle Fever J
20 - Dekaranger
19 - Bioman
18 - Fiveman
17 - GoGoFive
16 - Kakuranger
15 - Turboranger
14 - Hurricaneger
13 - Flashman
12 - Maskman
11 - Dynaman
10 - Gokaiger
9 - Lupinranger VS Patranger
8 - Abaranger
7 - ToQger
6 - Kyoryuger
5 - Dairanger
4 - Timeranger
3 - Go-Busters
2 - Gekiranger
1 - Kyuranger

Last edited by hannibaLUCIO; February 12th, 2019 at 02:41 AM.
hannibaLUCIO is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old February 11th, 2019, 07:01 PM #5624
> The Golden Witch
Bow Before Your Queen

The Golden Witch
Bow Before Your Queen

hannibaLUCIO wrote: View Post

I just finished the last three episodes. Like I said 12 months ago, I kept caring for Lupinranger VS Patranger. I think it's a good Sentai, even with some flaws, and I disagree with who says it was mostly all about Lupins, because Pats had many occasions to shine too. Just like Kyuranger, it was not all about Reds either. This Sentai introduced me the best hot-blooded Red, a young but deep Red, a charming Blue, a resilient Green, a cute and nice Yellow, a badass Pink and a husbando Silver/Gold. The main story is pretty shattered, but filler episodes are generally cool and the endgame is exciting. I even enjoyed the finale!
For once I completely agree with your assessment. It's not perfect, and has its flaws, but they were very much outweighed by the pros, especially the strength of the filler episodes and characters involved in them.
The Golden Witch is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 08:06 PM #5625
> gantarat
Power Ranger

gantarat
Power Ranger

Lupat overall isn't a bad seasons but pretty much script/story get changes a lot in the second half (Look Kogure)

Despite that It's Clearly Junko not good as a main writer, She great on make/write character development but story progress ? not so much.

Zamigo ? Who ?

Last edited by gantarat; February 11th, 2019 at 08:12 PM.
Old February 11th, 2019, 10:04 PM #5626
> Callum14
Such Misfortune!

Callum14
Such Misfortune!

I thought it was a good finale and showed how much better this series could have been. So happy the Pats got their moment of glory taking down the Dogranio, even if the Lupin did give them a helping hand from inside Dogranio's safe. A little disappointing how it left with some un-answered questions though and Dogranio is clearly being kept around for the VS movie with Ryusoulger.

Lupat overall had a amazing start, good characters and a lot of potential to give. But, too much filler, reuse character development, Pats getting the short end of the stick in places (most likely due to low toy sales) and un-answered questions really bring the show the down a little for me. However, I did have fun with the series and will miss it and the cast (especially Keiichiro).

Next Up: Ryusoulger! (Very hyped for this one!)
Callum14 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 10:32 PM #5627
> Activator
Power Ranger

Activator
Power Ranger

Finally watched the last episode. Ever since Go-Busters, I sit and wait for the
mech from the movie
to play a part in the last few episodes. Was not disappointed. This series definitely could have done a lot more with the thief/cop dynamic and the double agency of Noel and Kogure's role in everything but overall, enjoyable characters, awesome costumes and a cool reference to past sentai with the strangely colored and reused props.

Not sure I like the final scene though where they are all fighting still since it doesn't make much sense to me (yeah they are after the collection, but...) after all they've been through and all they know about each other, it wouldn't just be a simple let the lupins kick the monster's ass and then let the pats get the final blow in and then team pose.

Keiichirio is official as one of the best developed sentai characters out there I think. That arc worked out really well.
Activator is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 11:06 PM #5628
> tavionjackson
Power Ranger

tavionjackson
Power Ranger

I know we don’t know the context yet but I can’t help but wish Touma became 3gou and Umika 3gou in the vs movie. They do have the suits for it afterall.
tavionjackson is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2019, 12:03 AM #5629
> Riderdimension
The only one

Riderdimension
The only one

the genderswapped suits from that episode wouldn’t work with touma and umika’s statures though. the pink one is tailored for tsukasa’s suit actor, and green for sakuya’s, even after they changed genders
Riderdimension is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2019, 01:04 AM #5630
> tavionjackson
Power Ranger

tavionjackson
Power Ranger

Fair point, would’ve been fun to see.
Old February 12th, 2019, 02:31 AM #5631
> hannibaLUCIO
Kyoryu GAY

eBay
hannibaLUCIO
Kyoryu GAY

eBay

The Golden Witch wrote: View Post

For once I completely agree with your assessment.
What do you mean with "for once"?
hannibaLUCIO is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2019, 03:20 AM #5632
> RossoEagle
Power Ranger

RossoEagle
Power Ranger

screamqueen wrote: View Post

I don't think there's going to be a Returns. Kyuranger didn't have one, and it's already announced that LuPat's V-Cinema is going to be the Vs Kyuranger - which, according to the promo material takes place during the main story before the Lupinrangers' identities were revealed.
Despite having a title "VS Space Squad," it actually fits more as a Kyuranger Returns because it sets after the show ended and the "Space Squad" is just those two Space Sheriffs. LuPat vs Kyuranger looks like a traditional crossover (with some exceptions) because it sets before the final arc.
RossoEagle is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2019, 05:22 AM #5633
> Phoenix-Artisan
Power Ranger

Phoenix-Artisan
Power Ranger

tavionjackson wrote: View Post

So this picture has been floating around...
https://www.facebook.com/89218214426...776034?sfns=cl
Edit- Found the source
https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/reading/lvsp/
the loved one wil ltake over as the Lupinranger? I was suspecting the lupins will fake their death but not this. Interesting.
When I saw them come out, I got Akibaranger vibes for a couple of seconds.
Phoenix-Artisan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2019, 07:05 AM #5634
> gantarat
Power Ranger

gantarat
Power Ranger

I guess Lupat vs Kyu probably suppose to release January but move to may for somereason.

Also just found fanmade DX Siren Striker box but with Super Pato-1
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old February 12th, 2019, 08:03 AM #5635
> Activator
Power Ranger

Activator
Power Ranger

Riderdimension wrote: View Post

the genderswapped suits from that episode wouldn’t work with touma and umika’s statures though. the pink one is tailored for tsukasa’s suit actor, and green for sakuya’s, even after they changed genders
After seeing the suit actors to civilian actor sizes in Ryuusoulger, I think they could have fudged it.

Phoenix-Artisan wrote: View Post

When I saw them come out, I got Akibaranger vibes for a couple of seconds.
Don't remind me of that show sigh...season 3, wherever you are...
Activator is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2019, 08:10 AM #5636
> The Golden Witch
Bow Before Your Queen

The Golden Witch
Bow Before Your Queen

hannibaLUCIO wrote: View Post

What do you mean with "for once"?
I usually either disagree with your opinion of a season (Denziman being last, Changeman being so low, etc.), or I agree but there's a "but" attached to it (Lucky is a pretty good red, but I don't like him as much as you do). This time I completely agree with what you say.
The Golden Witch is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2019, 12:52 PM #5637
> tavionjackson
Power Ranger

tavionjackson
Power Ranger

I’m glad that they didn’t have the Lupinranger identity reveal happen mid season or any earlier. Ultimately the loved ones weren’t going to come back and collections pieces weren’t going to be fully recovered until the endgame anyway, so even if the patranger knew the lupins identity and why they were phantom thieves, the conflict would’ve still been there. Both teams have a different way of doing things and that alone would’ve been problematic. Sure, at first the teams would’ve fine and working together, then the lupins would do something too reckless or the pats would take out a gangler before the lupins retrieve the treasure. It was good that they held it out.
Old February 12th, 2019, 04:34 PM #5638
> Buzz Bee
Power Ranger

Buzz Bee
Power Ranger

gantarat wrote: View Post

I guess Lupat vs Kyu probably suppose to release January but move to may for somereason.

Also just found fanmade DX Siren Striker box but with Super Pato-1
https://i.imgur.com/8NerdaMl.jpg
This looks billion times better than official release!!!

Super Patren Ichigo looks cooler than Super Lupin X!
Buzz Bee is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2019, 07:42 PM #5639
> SpandexSuperFan
24 Super Sentai in full

SpandexSuperFan
24 Super Sentai in full

I just watched the finale of Lupinrangers. My thoughts? A pretty solid episode. It was certainly different. It focused more on character relationships then the final boss fight, and I can appreciate that. Sometimes it works better for the story being told, and honestly it mostly worked here. It would have been cool to see the thieves and cops work together one last time but they'll likely get another chance in a teamup movie, right? Right? Well anyway the finale was good. I liked how it ended with the two teams fighting again in a more friendly rivalry way.

Overall the series was alright. Certainly not the best Sentai I've watched. I applaud them for trying a new concept but it just didn't work here and the show became too one sided. For a Vs Sentai I would probably recommend someone to watch Hurricanger over this. Still it wasn't a bad show just missed opportunities. I'll always look back on this show as good but not great. This concludes another Sentai season for me. 24 seasons down and Ryuusoger or however it's called will be my 25th. I will be blunt, after this show I'm kinda ready to go back to the basic formula for awhile. And maybe someday down the line they can try something like this again with more pleasing results.
SpandexSuperFan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2019, 07:54 PM #5640
> The No More Hero
Power Ranger

The No More Hero
Power Ranger

Apparently LuPats finale had a jump from 2.8% to 4% compared to Kyuranger's that went from 3.1% to 3.2%. From what I've seen, LuPat did slightly less than Kyurangers run in terms of avg ratings and really bad in terms of toy sales, but I wonder what happened to make that boost happened? Were people wondering how the Lupins were gonna get out of being trapped? Were people excited that the Pats were finally getting this big moment of beating the Big Bad? Or was there just nothing else on that day?
The No More Hero is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
wheresmylionzord