Menu

Old February 5th, 2019, 08:03 AM #1181
> ⚡Taichi
Rise up...

32 eBay
Taichi
Rise up...

32 eBay

Okay, so even the Japanese are having issues with the Degitaizer recognizing voices and phrases. I mess around with it a ton last night and only got "Install" to work once, or it was a fluke.

But this guy seems to get it fine... had some trouble.

Last edited by Morgan Lamia; February 5th, 2019 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Fixed your YT embeds for ya ;)
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2019, 07:35 AM #1182
> RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

Havenít had much time to mess around with my set, but would someone be able to spell out some of the simpler Japanese phrases phonetically? Iíd like to try and test it to make sure itís not only the English phrasing that the Degitaizer and Keitaizer are having difficulty with.
RedRanger87 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 10:35 AM #1183
> shinkenwhite
Power Ranger

shinkenwhite
Power Ranger

for anyone who has the megaranger degatizer can you still do the original keypad functions without the voice activation??
shinkenwhite is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 10:41 AM #1184
> Red Dino Ranger
Defender of Earth

eBay
Red Dino Ranger
Defender of Earth

eBay

shinkenwhite wrote: View Post

for anyone who has the megaranger degatizer can you still do the original keypad functions without the voice activation??
Judging from the reviews I've seen, yes, you can. However I think the voice commands are the only way to trigger a lot of the recorded dialogue.
Red Dino Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 10:41 AM #1185
> ⚡Taichi
Rise up...

32 eBay
Taichi
Rise up...

32 eBay

Yes... all but the transformation. There's a trick to that I've learned. If you flip the lid open and push the "voice" button on the back, then input 335 Enter... you get the "new" transformation sound. Not the original, but that's the only way I've been able to activate it without having to say "Install". You can't just enter 335... you'll get a very short sound. I originally thought it was the "error" sound, but it's very quick and short, nothing like either of the transformation sounds this has. It's also the only way, right now, that I can access the morph without having to say anything.

All the other functions work without issue. Just input the code and they work.

It's all in how you say things. I really, really struggled with certain things. But I got 4 commands to work, but it's hit or miss.

- Install
- Galaxy Mega
- Denji Sentai
- Kenta

Those 4 have to be said a certain way, but I've gotten them to work on a couple of occasions.

I just hope the Keitaizer works better.

Last edited by Taichi; February 11th, 2019 at 10:49 AM.
Old February 11th, 2019, 11:29 AM #1186
> AnAlpha
Power Ranger

32 eBay
AnAlpha
Power Ranger

32 eBay

Like the impatient little kid that I am, I mainly want the Keitaizer out the door so that we can possibly hear something about another release.

Artisan Won Tiger didn't release until August IIRC, but by then, we had preorders open on the Degitaizer (July). And then preorders opened on the Keitaizer 2 months later in September.

Getting antsy here lmao
AnAlpha is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 11:51 AM #1187
> shinkenwhite
Power Ranger

shinkenwhite
Power Ranger

Taichi wrote: View Post

Yes... all but the transformation. There's a trick to that I've learned. If you flip the lid open and push the "voice" button on the back, then input 335 Enter... you get the "new" transformation sound. Not the original, but that's the only way I've been able to activate it without having to say "Install". You can't just enter 335... you'll get a very short sound. I originally thought it was the "error" sound, but it's very quick and short, nothing like either of the transformation sounds this has. It's also the only way, right now, that I can access the morph without having to say anything.

It's all in how you say things. I really, really struggled with certain things. But I got 4 commands to work, but it's hit or miss.

- Install
- Galaxy Mega
- Denji Sentai
- Kenta

Those 4 have to be said a certain way, but I've gotten them to work on a couple of occasions.

appreciated!! cause iím thinking about buying for sure

what do you guys predict the next artisan release will be??
shinkenwhite is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 12:05 PM #1188
> Xephon0930
Power Ranger

eBay
Xephon0930
Power Ranger

eBay

shinkenwhite wrote: View Post

appreciated!! cause iím thinking about buying for sure

what do you guys predict the next artisan release will be??
I would love a Cross Changer from Jetman for one.
Xephon0930 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 12:43 PM #1189
> ⚡Taichi
Rise up...

32 eBay
Taichi
Rise up...

32 eBay

I'm not going to try to guess... as it stands now, everything is on the table. I would love for them to figure out a way to do the Abaranger Changers with the voices of the dinos while also doing something that moves their mouths as well... but I don't think we'll ever get to that point.

What I would like to see is the Artisan line move more in line with the normal releases. For instance, Lu/Pat would have been nice to have a VS Changer and X Changer full sized like the show. Not Mecha compatible, just full size like when they transform. Have it released along side the show.
Old February 11th, 2019, 01:32 PM #1190
> Go-OnGold83
ZyuohTheWorld!!

Go-OnGold83
ZyuohTheWorld!!

- Install
- Galaxy Mega
- Denji Sentai
- Kenta

i dont understand why it's voice activated to begin with plus i dont get why they put voices into the changer? i just dont get the purpose. i mean with the voice activation, is it like you have to mute sound while you are watching megaranger to make it pretend you are calling the commands instead of kenta?
Go-OnGold83 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 02:04 PM #1191
> ⚡Taichi
Rise up...

32 eBay
Taichi
Rise up...

32 eBay

The voice recognition is a selling tool... and a neat feature. You don't have to activate it. You have to push a button to do so. And you physically call out the commands, so in essence you're in charge of the changer.

The problem is, there should have been a switch like the others to option out of it. Have it physically work like the original and an option for the voice. For instance... hold the voice recognition button down for a few seconds and it changes between modes... but they didn't.
Old February 11th, 2019, 02:47 PM #1192
> AnAlpha
Power Ranger

32 eBay
AnAlpha
Power Ranger

32 eBay

Go-OnGold83 wrote: View Post

i dont understand why it's voice activated to begin with plus i dont get why they put voices into the changer? i just dont get the purpose. i mean with the voice activation, is it like you have to mute sound while you are watching megaranger to make it pretend you are calling the commands instead of kenta?
As these are intended for older collectors, I highly doubt they actually think buyers of these are rewatching old episodes and screaming out phrases at the screen (though, if that's your thing, that's cool too).

As Taichi said, it's a selling feature. The first thing people like to say about these: "I got me 199X version, what's that do better?".

In this case, "better" may not be the accurate word
AnAlpha is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 03:13 PM #1193
> RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

- Install
- Galaxy Mega
- Denji Sentai
- Kenta

Iíve never gotten Install to work. Kenta was the command Iíve had the most success with. Played around by changing the inflection in my voice until I consistently got it to respond to me.

I briefly tried the Kietaizer and it didnít work any better.

Really wish it came with a set of instructions showing how to pronounce the phrases phonetically.
Old February 11th, 2019, 05:41 PM #1194
> ⚡Taichi
Rise up...

32 eBay
Taichi
Rise up...

32 eBay

So I downloaded a couple Camera Translators and they actually didnít do too bad, but has some very funny words.

I would recommend trying them out if you can. Iím going to do more research as well.
Old February 12th, 2019, 06:53 AM #1195
> RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

So I downloaded a couple Camera Translators and they actually didnít do too bad, but has some very funny words.

I would recommend trying them out if you can. Iím going to do more research as well.
Nice! Iíve got Google Translate on my phone. Iíll try that out and grab a few others to see how it goes.
Old February 27th, 2019, 04:16 PM #1196
> Sprocket
Power Ranger

Sprocket
Power Ranger

The Keitaizer is out, and thankfully there's almost nothing that requires a voice command. It's pretty much optional.

Sprocket is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2019, 05:10 PM #1197
> Mr. Yellow
Twitter - @MisturYellow

Mr. Yellow
Twitter - @MisturYellow

AnAlpha wrote: View Post

As these are intended for older collectors, I highly doubt they actually think buyers of these are rewatching old episodes and screaming out phrases at the screen (though, if that's your thing, that's cool too).

As Taichi said, it's a selling feature. The first thing people like to say about these: "I got me 199X version, what's that do better?".

In this case, "better" may not be the accurate word
I think Go-On Gold came up with the right plan. Just hold the changer up to the screen when said phrases are spoken.
Mr. Yellow is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old March 4th, 2019, 05:03 PM #1198
> Go-OnGold83
ZyuohTheWorld!!

Go-OnGold83
ZyuohTheWorld!!

Mr. Yellow wrote: View Post

I think Go-On Gold came up with the right plan. Just hold the changer up to the screen when said phrases are spoken.
actually i did when i had the morphing blaster back when gobusters was airing lol.
Go-OnGold83 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2019, 09:36 PM #1199
> BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

I'm wondering what the odds are that they'll do an Artisan Go-Phone. I've been thinking about picking up a Go-Phone, but there's this part of my brain that keeps telling me as soon as I do, an Artisan version will be announced that's way way better.
BigMDtheSequel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2019, 09:19 AM #1200
> SUNGEL
Ryu so cool !

SUNGEL
Ryu so cool !

BigMDtheSequel wrote: View Post

I'm wondering what the odds are that they'll do an Artisan Go-Phone. I've been thinking about picking up a Go-Phone, but there's this part of my brain that keeps telling me as soon as I do, an Artisan version will be announced that's way way better.
I keep telling myself the same thing for a Wolzaphone Fire.
SUNGEL is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote