Home Menu

Menu

Old May 31st, 2014, 06:56 PM #81
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Just learned something I didn't realize about the franchise till now that was an interesting coincidence. As we know Raiden was played by Christopher Lambert, the Highlander in the first movie. In the animated cartoon series, he was voiced by the bad guy from Highlander. Anyone else notice or realize that?
Dragonwolf Ranger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2014, 07:18 PM #82
> PegasasuRanger
Banned

PegasasuRanger
Banned

Yes, eons ago.
PegasasuRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2014, 07:08 AM #83
> tavionjackson
Power Ranger

tavionjackson
Power Ranger

I havent seen the mortal kombat cartoon, any good?
tavionjackson is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2014, 07:13 AM #84
> PegasasuRanger
Banned

PegasasuRanger
Banned

Which one?
They released an animated video called The Journey Begins back in the day. It was an introduction to the storyline of the first Mortal Kombat game, and had some similarities with the live action Mortal Kombat film. As a kid I really liked it, even though it's way too short and it ends before the actual tournament even begins, and the animation (which includes some 3D scenes) hasn't aged gracefully at all.

Defenders of the Realm was a short lived show that came out after UMK3. It was basically a GI Joe type show featuring MK characters. It has a lot of cheesy stuff going on, but I think it's actually entertaining if you take it for what it is.
Old June 1st, 2014, 10:23 AM #85
> GOUKI
Power Ranger

GOUKI
Power Ranger

tavionjackson wrote: View Post

I havent seen the mortal kombat cartoon, any good?
No, it sucks, though I do own the cartoon series. As much as a die hard MK fan as I am, IM telling you You'll wish you hadn't watched it if you decide to.

The Journey Begins sucks too. If I watch either of them these days, its for the nostalgia only.

I would watch the live series MK:Conquest. That show was pretty cool at the time. The ending sucked though.
GOUKI is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2014, 12:00 PM #86
> kainhighwind2
Magna Power!

kainhighwind2
Magna Power!

GOUKI wrote: View Post

No, it sucks, though I do own the cartoon series. As much as a die hard MK fan as I am, IM telling you You'll wish you hadn't watched it if you decide to.

The Journey Begins sucks too. If I watch either of them these days, its for the nostalgia only.

I would watch the live series MK:Conquest. That show was pretty cool at the time. The ending sucked though.
I never got the chance to watch Conquest. Came on too late when I was a kid.
kainhighwind2 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2014, 12:41 PM #87
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Defenders of the Realm I liked when I was 14, but I probably wouldn't be into it now, though haven't seen in years. Was the first time I saw Cree Summer in anything where I didn't recognize her and was surprised to learn it was her. (Back then, most of her roles sounded like Elmyra or Susie).

Journey Begins I didn't watch until 2002 when I rented it and watched with my cousins. They yelled at me for renting such a bad thing with cg that looked like a bad polygon game. Making of the live action movie after it was better than it.

Missed the early eps of Conquest so was confused on who the main characters were, especially with the two who weren't in the games at all, and ended up watching it more for the scantily clad ladies. (Hey, I was 16!)
Dragonwolf Ranger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2014, 02:01 PM #88
> ⚡Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction

eBay
Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction

eBay

GOUKI wrote: View Post

The Journey Begins sucks too. If I watch either of them these days, its for the nostalgia only..
That, and for the lolz factor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPusK1fh5yQ
Lord Buttus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2014, 03:40 PM #89
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy...

http://gematsu.com/2014/06/mortal-ko...pear-amazon-uk

Several listings for Mortal Kombat X have appeared on Amazon UK.

The game is being listed for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC.

Mortal Kombat series creator Ed Boon has been teasing an upcoming Mortal Kombat announcement on Twitter for the past month. All signs point to a proper reveal tomorrow, June 2.
Xalfrea is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2014, 05:28 PM #90
> PegasasuRanger
Banned

PegasasuRanger
Banned

You should ABSOLUTELY see Mortal Kombat Conquest. I loved it, it was the show that really got me into MK and to this day I haven't really enjoyed an MK game as much as I did the tv series.
It takes place 500 years before the first movie, so there are some familiar characters like Rayden, Shang Tsung, Kitana and Quan Chi but original characters like Siro, Omegis (hot as hell), and Master Cho. And then there's the half original half game adapted legendary Kung Lao, who is the star of the show instead of Liu Kang.
The ending is controversial, but I personally loved it.

As for Defenders of the Realm, you should check out some clips on Youtube to feel it out, but honestly, I don't see what's so bad about it if you watch it for what it is. It's for kids. It aired in the nineties. If you take those things into consideration, you might just enjoy the ride. Also, the soundtrack is pretty ace.
Old June 1st, 2014, 10:15 PM #91
> GOUKI
Power Ranger

GOUKI
Power Ranger

PegasasuRanger wrote: View Post

You should ABSOLUTELY see Mortal Kombat Conquest. I loved it, it was the show that really got me into MK and to this day I haven't really enjoyed an MK game as much as I did the tv series.
It takes place 500 years before the first movie, so there are some familiar characters like Rayden, Shang Tsung, Kitana and Quan Chi but original characters like Siro, Omegis (hot as hell), and Master Cho. And then there's the half original half game adapted legendary Kung Lao, who is the star of the show instead of Liu Kang.
The ending is controversial, but I personally loved it.

As for Defenders of the Realm, you should check out some clips on Youtube to feel it out, but honestly, I don't see what's so bad about it if you watch it for what it is. It's for kids. It aired in the nineties. If you take those things into consideration, you might just enjoy the ride. Also, the soundtrack is pretty ace.
Yes, Conquest was a good show and has the best live action Sub Zero vs Scorpion fight ive seen thus far. The martial arts is pretty cool, though they arent without flaws. I see the trampolines sometimes when they do the high flips and shit. lol

MK should not have been made as a "Kids" show... plain and simple.
But even so, the show was just bad. It was the 90s but IMO, that was no excuse for how poor of a show that was.

In the 90s we had great QUALITY action cartoons like Batman TAS, Spidey TAS, Superman TAS, X-men TAS etc...you mean to tell me MK couldn't have been created up to their standards? Even Street Fighter's sucky animated series was better than MK's... they both use to come on the USA network
'kids block'(im just calling it that).

Its just bad. The ONLY reason I bought that series was because I am a diehard MKfan, so I have the good the bad and the ugly...DOTR was bad. It was my shit when I was a kid, but so was MK Annihilation...and that movie speaks for itself...
GOUKI is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2014, 10:36 PM #92
> DigificWriter
Banned

DigificWriter
Banned

I was looking up info on Injustice (just for the heck of it) earlier and was hit with the idea of trying to create the 'perfect' rebooted version of MK vs. DCU to showcase more characters from both universes and to offer a storyline that accommodates the use of more characters from both universes, and thought I might share my ideas here. Would anybody be interested in seeing them?
DigificWriter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2014, 10:46 PM #93
> ImaMonster
Power Ranger

ImaMonster
Power Ranger

I've been a fan since the SNES and Sega days. I love MK9 and waiting for them to announce MK10. I enjoyed the movies - the sequel more than the original. I remember watching the Defenders of the Realm cartoon and just got around to watching Conquest a few years back. Enjoyed the web series, though a new movie would be better.
ImaMonster is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2014, 11:24 PM #94
> Patamon
Digimon of Hope

Patamon
Digimon of Hope

DigificWriter wrote: View Post

I was looking up info on Injustice (just for the heck of it) earlier and was hit with the idea of trying to create the 'perfect' rebooted version of MK vs. DCU to showcase more characters from both universes and to offer a storyline that accommodates the use of more characters from both universes, and thought I might share my ideas here. Would anybody be interested in seeing them?
I'd like to hear that idea.
Patamon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2014, 01:33 AM #95
> DigificWriter
Banned

DigificWriter
Banned

^ Here we go, then.

Plot
Using the resurrection of his queen, Sindel, as a catalyst, Shao Kahn breaks the dimensional borders and crosses through to reclaim her, only to discover that he has arrived not on the Earthrealm he recognizes, but a 'new Earth' protected by both ordinary humans and other more powerful beings. Calling his forces through the dimensional gates, he begins a full-scale conquest of this new realm, seeking out new allies even as his presence is discovered by the Elder Gods of the realms he left behind, who, fearing the complete collapse of all realities should Kahn's invasion of this 'new Earth' succeed, grant Raiden and a chosen group of champions the freedom to cross the dimensional gates and partner with the protectors of this 'new Earth' in order to stop him.

Characters
The game features a total of 48 playable characters taken from both the Mortal Kombat and DC Comics universes as follows:
Mortal Kombat
Liu Lang
Johnny Cage
Sub-Zero (Younger, masked)
Sonya Blade
Jax
Kung Lao
Nightwolf
Kurtis Stryker
Raiden
Kitana
Shang Tsung
Sheeva
Sindel
Kano
Kabal
Scorpion
Mileena
Reptile
Baraka
Ermac
Noob Saibot (DLC)
Quan Chi (DLC)
Shao Kahn (DLC)
Rain (DLC)

DC Comics
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Flash
Green Lantern (John Stewart)
Aquaman
Hawkgirl
Zatanna
Catwoman
Lex Luthor
The Joker
Sinestro
Black Adam
Black Manta
Cheetah
Captain Cold
Merlyn
Dr. Light
Cheshire
Deathstroke
Granny Goodness (DLC)
Supergirl (DLC)
Darkseid (DLC)
Shazam (DLC)

Gameplay and Game Modes
Game Modes
The game's robust Story Mode consists of 20 chapters and provides the player with the option of experiencing it from the perspective of either the Mortal Kombat or DC Comics characters, which causes the specific contents of each chapter and the list of available player characters to differ. The game also features a Ladder Mode that resembles the gameplay of earlier Mortal Kombat games, a Versus Mode, and Online play.

Gameplay
The gameplay is identical to that of many of the previous games in the Mortal Kombat series - and Injustice: Gods Among Us - with all 40 available characters having individual Special Moves and two types of finishing moves: 2 Fatalities and a Heroic Brutality, which is less violent than the Fatalities but still provides a decisive conclusion to battles. The game also features the option of Weapon combat, which provides some of the characters with the use of an individual character-specific weapon or accessory that they can fight with.

Last edited by DigificWriter; June 2nd, 2014 at 01:46 AM.
DigificWriter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2014, 01:44 AM #96
> OmniMystechRanger
SPECIAL MODERATOR, LORD, MASTER & BOSS OF STUPID UGLY FACE: GREENBEASTFIST & HASSO PRIMO

OmniMystechRanger
SPECIAL MODERATOR, LORD, MASTER & BOSS OF STUPID UGLY FACE: GREENBEASTFIST & HASSO PRIMO

Personally I would make a MortalKombat game that ties in the game/movie/anime/cartoon/comics/tv series together!
OmniMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2014, 05:08 AM #97
> Zeo-Gold92
'Don't Fall On My Faith'

Zeo-Gold92
'Don't Fall On My Faith'

I wonder if and how things have changed I remember last year there were talks that the next entry would be released simultaneously with the next film. If that's still the case I wonder if they'll announce the film alongside X
Zeo-Gold92 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2014, 05:20 AM #98
> Merlin
The Burning Flame Element

Merlin
The Burning Flame Element

I really want Raiden downplayed in the next one in favour of Fujin. Yes absolutely you can call me biased, because I love Fujin, and I think Raiden has gotten overblown in recent games.

Liu Kang used to be the celebrated victor of all the games when Raiden was more or less a participant on equal footing with them. Then around MK4 and Deadly Alliance, things started getting more difficult with other gods and forces getting involved. Raiden moves from a participant to a mentor figure, likely from influence of the 1994 movie. That's well and good, but then they start putting his god status over the humans, despite him always needing their assistance.

Raiden's mistakes with Sub-Zero in Mythologies caused MK4 to happen. He gathers the good forces on the island to take on the Deadly Alliance, but in the end he's the last one standing. He's unable to kill Onaga, and then comes back in his angry form to fight. And again, he's the last one standing at Armageddon! Is Liu Kang worth nothing at that point but a zombie? Isn't Mortal Kombat about "mortal men and women defending their own realm," Christopher? It seems like humans are nothing in this battle anymore, and now Raiden fucked things up and killed Liu again in the new timeline! Really, Raiden is responsible for a whole wall of shit falling on us, because he's the almighty god character who thinks he knows the best solutions to everything but ends up wrong every single time.

At last call Fujin was still the official protector of Earthrealm in the old timeline, after MK4. Raiden ditched Elder God status to leave for Outworld and all that crap happened. As a symbol of a new generation of MK games, Fujin should take on the token god role and put Raiden in his place with some humility, and become protector in this new timeline after X. Raiden's done enough damage, and a good contrast between them would be for Fujin to show that he doesn't think he has all the answers and needs humans to be the ones to win as often as he fights besides them.
Merlin is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2014, 05:26 AM #99
> Nielzabub
Sixth Ranger

Nielzabub
Sixth Ranger

Raiden is one of my favorite characters, but I can see your point. I think Raiden played the role that he did in MK9 because it was the easiest way to reboot the franchise, and the whole time travel thing only really worked with him. I was fine with things not being as Liu Kang centric in Deadly Alliance. We do have some really great human characters that could take center stage like Striker. My favorite exchange is still,

Kabal: "But look at the way she's dressed."
Striker: "Definitely Foe."
Nielzabub is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2014, 05:51 AM #100
> evilstarlegacy
Power Ranger

evilstarlegacy
Power Ranger

Merlin wrote: View Post

True, but that means that the series is "locked" into the past Armageddon story anyway instead of re-working it with the reboot. If we're merely returning to the Armageddon position along a different route, we're just delaying the inevitable and I don't see the point (practical, non-fictionally) of starting the series fresh.
Hey, I'm not saying I want this to happen. I'm just saying nothing happened in the new timeline that would prevent the Armageddon so far.

Also, Day of Future Past spoilers. Come on man.

---------------------------------------------

10 minutes before the big reveal!
evilstarlegacy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote