Old June 11th, 2014, 04:20 AM #201
> GOUKI
Power Ranger

GOUKI
Power Ranger

Im going out on a limb to say the Surprise BIG BAD is gonna be Liu Kang. Though the DieHards could possibly not see this as a surprise... the MK fandom at large would.
GOUKI is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2014, 04:29 AM #202
> Merlin
The Blowing Wind Element

Merlin
The Blowing Wind Element

mythranger wrote: View Post

Agreed! Though admittedly it would’ve been nice if Sonya ended up with Jax.
No way. I admire that they kept Sonya and Jax strictly professional all these years. They even devoted an entire fight in Story mode to emphasize how he's her superior officer!

This one fits the story better. As much as Liu and Kitana were teased over the years, they're from two different worlds (wunh waaah). Kitana always seems to prefer spending time forming all female fighting forces. I think she watches too much Charlie's Angels. She's all besties before testes.

I'm kind of surprised that Baraka and Mileena haven't had porcupine babies.

GOUKI wrote: View Post

Im going out on a limb to say the Surprise BIG BAD is gonna be Liu Kang. Though the DieHards could possibly not see this as a surprise... the MK fandom at large would.
Several of the last game's endings focused on that. Liu's soul is the only one that wasn't claimed by Quan Chi, so I assume he went to Heaven out of his reach. The god story is still possible, and frankly I'll do anything to get that idiot has-been Raiden out of the main story. He's done enough damage.

Savage Fire God Liu would be awesome. But I doubt Shang Tsung's redeemed ending will be true.
Merlin is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2014, 05:02 AM #203
> Blue Knightwolf
Banned

Blue Knightwolf
Banned

kainhighwind2 wrote: View Post

Especially with 9 ending on a cliffhanger, revealing Shinnok.

Also, I was counting, and how is MK2011 the 9th one?

1,2,3,4, Deadly Alliance, Deception, Armageddon, what am I missing? Was MK vs DCU a main game and not a spinoff? UMK3 and Trilogy are just 3 with more characters, Gold was 4 on Dreamcast..
MKvsDc is officially MK8. I know alot of MK fans love to cry about it but it did sell a ton of games that it made it worthwhile for WB to buy the remains of Midway and we got the awesome MK9 and DC Injustice games because of it.
Blue Knightwolf is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2014, 05:07 AM #204
> Merlin
The Blowing Wind Element

Merlin
The Blowing Wind Element

Ehh. It's only a number for marketing. I dread the day when DC would ever let its characters formally become part of the MK mythos. As long as it remains purely a standalone story for fun, I'll give it any number they want.
Old June 11th, 2014, 08:02 AM #205
> Claymore
Angemon!

Claymore
Angemon!

Oh wow, only just caught this.

Merlin wrote: View Post

No way. I admire that they kept Sonya and Jax strictly professional all these years. They even devoted an entire fight in Story mode to emphasize how he's her superior officer!

This one fits the story better. As much as Liu and Kitana were teased over the years, they're from two different worlds (wunh waaah). Kitana always seems to prefer spending time forming all female fighting forces. I think she watches too much Charlie's Angels. She's all besties before testes.
Definitely have to agree with this. She should be a very interesting character indeed.
Claymore is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2014, 08:08 AM #206
> evilstarlegacy
Power Ranger

evilstarlegacy
Power Ranger

Mileena and Baraka should have a kid too. I know games usually stay away from sexual themes, but these two freaks should be all over each others. Call it head canon if you want, but I can totally picture them having brutal violent sex.

evilstarlegacy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2014, 08:11 AM #207
> Merlin
The Blowing Wind Element

Merlin
The Blowing Wind Element

I just realized that D'vorah is an appropriate name. Hebrew speakers will recognize it as the Hebrew form of "Deborah," and means a bee. I think it also would have been a better name for Vorpax or Kreeya.
Old June 11th, 2014, 08:37 AM #208
> The Return Of...
VIP Rider

The Return Of...
VIP Rider

Mortal Kombat X - Scorpion vs D'Vorah / Sub-Zero vs Ferra/Torr PS4 Gameplay Demo E3 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMUv...dex=23&list=WL
The Return Of... is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2014, 08:43 AM #209
> Random
The Lizard Queen

Random
The Lizard Queen

evilstarlegacy wrote: View Post

Mileena and Baraka should have a kid too. I know games usually stay away from sexual themes, but these two freaks should be all over each others. Call it head canon if you want, but I can totally picture them having brutal violent sex.

That's a lovely image.

I just realized that D'vorah is an appropriate name. Hebrew speakers will recognize it as the Hebrew form of "Deborah," and means a bee. I think it also would have been a better name for Vorpax or Kreeya.
Nice. I assumed they just went with a random name that sounded like devourer. I guess they started to put a lot more effort into research after what happened with Reiko and Hotaru
Random is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2014, 09:44 AM #210
> GOUKI
Power Ranger

GOUKI
Power Ranger

Several of the last game's endings focused on that. Liu's soul is the only one that wasn't claimed by Quan Chi, so I assume he went to Heaven out of his reach. The god story is still possible, and frankly I'll do anything to get that idiot has-been Raiden out of the main story. He's done enough damage.

Savage Fire God Liu would be awesome. But I doubt Shang Tsung's redeemed ending will be true.
Atually, I do think Liu and Kit could have an offspring in this game if both get revived right away. Boon of course wont reveal that offspring until the surprise Big Bad is revealed(IF it is indeed Liu Kang.) Announcing Liu's son before Liu would spoil the surprise of Liu's return.

I have a theory on it and If Liu is the big bad, the primary hero of MK X may just be his son. Most Big Bads fight people who they are affiliated with.. Raiden/Kahn, Taven/Blaze, Shujinko/Onaga.

Now either Raiden will fight evil Kang or Kang and kitana have a son and their son fights him...yea some star wars stuff.

Again this is all in theroy, I wold go deeper into my theories but i dont have too much time online today.
Old June 11th, 2014, 09:59 AM #211
> Merlin
The Blowing Wind Element

Merlin
The Blowing Wind Element

I wouldn't mind if Liu and Kitana had a child, I just don't want that child to be the focus of the games solely on the fact that Liu was the last gen hero. I want somebody with a different connection this time around.

Cassie is the child of Johnny and Sonya, the two characters who were more or less just tossed into this Mortal Kombat mess rather than having it a mystical part of their destiny since childhood. They were the skeptics. But being older and wiser, their daughter is the perfect person to raise with as serious and devoted a mentality as Liu. I see a lot of potential for her to be the "chosen one" character that Liu Kang has always been. And she could be that by defeating him. Have Liu's child "Kitang" along for the ride, but don't make him the one by killing Daddy; that's too predictable.

The question is whether the young MK fanboys would be okay with a young woman like Cassie becoming the new flagship hero of a gory fighting franchise, and I doubt it. The fact that Cassie's one of the first new characters revealed to the public suggests that Boon & Co. don't consider her as significant as others they've got in store. She's peripheral.
Old June 11th, 2014, 10:54 AM #212
> GOUKI
Power Ranger

GOUKI
Power Ranger

I wouldn't mind if Liu and Kitana had a child, I just don't want that child to be the focus of the games solely on the fact that Liu was the last gen hero. I want somebody with a different connection this time around.

Cassie is the child of Johnny and Sonya, the two characters who were more or less just tossed into this Mortal Kombat mess rather than having it a mystical part of their destiny since childhood. They were the skeptics. But being older and wiser, their daughter is the perfect person to raise with as serious and devoted a mentality as Liu. I see a lot of potential for her to be the "chosen one" character that Liu Kang has always been. And she could be that by defeating him. Have Liu's child "Kitang" along for the ride, but don't make him the one by killing Daddy; that's too predictable.

The question is whether the young MK fanboys would be okay with a young woman like Cassie becoming the new flagship hero of a gory fighting franchise, and I doubt it. The fact that Cassie's one of the first new characters revealed to the public suggests that Boon & Co. don't consider her as significant as others they've got in store. She's peripheral.
Exactly this^ Thats what makes me believe Cassie is not gonna be the MAIN hero this time because I dont think MK is ready for a female lead protagonist yet and Im sure they are saving the Main hero reveal for later; which as I theorized MAY be revealed when the BIG Bad is revealed...and those two could be 'Kitang" and Evil Kang.

Cassie will probably play the same role as Sonya did - lead support for the game's main char. I dont see her as taking out Kang. I see someone who Kang knows or knew as facing him come the finale like Raiden, or "kitang" if Liu gets a son. Hell, Id rather Kitana fight Liu than Cassie.

and "kitang' may not kill liu, but pull a 'luke skywalker' and try to talk some sense into Kang. I would believe ALL of his former allies would try to do that if they get revived, and if they fail..."kitang" may be the one to do it. I dont see Kang staying Bad forever, I do see Kang going through a 'Darth Vader'. He was kinda like anakin in MK9, even down to getting burnt.

Now he becomes "Darth Vader"...or Evil God Kang or whatever for a minute...then he gets back to being good with help from his allies, Kitana, or their son(if they get one, which i think they should, even if like u said he isnt the main hero). But I would like a "new generation" Kang, If cassie carries her parent's legacy, I dont see why Liu and Kitana shouldn't have the same.
Old June 11th, 2014, 11:05 AM #213
> DigificWriter
Banned

DigificWriter
Banned

Ed said that the Big Bad would be surprising, and the fact that people are predicting that it's going to be Liu Lang leads me to think that it won't be him.
DigificWriter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2014, 11:13 AM #214
> GOUKI
Power Ranger

GOUKI
Power Ranger

DigificWriter wrote: View Post

Ed said that the Big Bad would be surprising, and the fact that people are predicting that it's going to be Liu Lang leads me to think that it won't be him.
I can see how you may think that and Well everyone is gonna be talking and speculating on Boon's words, but...

I really dont see it being too many other people.

My list is:
Liu Kang 1# suspect. - ALOT of the fans outside the hardcore, will be surprised if its Kang. Sure they may think Kang could be back...and maybe alittle pissed, but not many would expect Liu as the Final BIG BOSS...MAJOR SHOCK FACTOR!

Dark Raiden 2# - It could be Raiden and maybe his Darkside will show as I kinda sensed he starting getting in MK9, but the thing is, we've already seen Dark Raiden so the 'Newness' of it wont be there. But ive never seen Evil God Kang before and thats gonna be a SHOCK! People already flipped their shit when liu was neutral/bad in Legacy 2...

Onaga #3 - I doubt its him, but if it is him, it would indeed be someone not even I expected...
Old June 11th, 2014, 11:15 AM #215
> Merlin
The Blowing Wind Element

Merlin
The Blowing Wind Element

I'm over the Bruce Lee stock character though. I think it's played out and I'd rather have another calm fighter like a new young Kung Lao. The son of Liu Kang is bound to have the Bruce Lee-isms just for the sake of keeping them alive.

In fact if we already have two Kung Laos, how about a third? Hat Man always seemed to get short thrift and stood to the side while Liu snagged all the glory. In 9 we found out Hat Man is both descendant and reincarnation of Great Kung Lao, so why not pass all that on to his son and make him the new champion?

Sub-Zero and Scorpion are arguably the most iconic characters of the franchise, the Ryu and Ken. There's no way they can be left out. But I'd argue that it's definitely time to replace some of the other classics, and making amalgam characters like Cassie, or continuing stories like Kotal, is the way to do it.

But above all, I want Raiden gone and Fujin in. A new generation needs a new god fighter and mentor, and Fujin's had no opportunity to make all the mistakes that Raiden has. It's time to retire Raiden and/or Liu off for good. They're such stale characters. If Liu is the end boss, let this be his swan song.

I don't see Raiden's hat in any of the silhouettes which may be a sign.
Old June 11th, 2014, 11:19 AM #216
> evilstarlegacy
Power Ranger

evilstarlegacy
Power Ranger

But why would Liu Kang become evil? He could want revenge against Raiden because his visions (something only he could see) and the actions he took because of them ended up killing many people, but there's really no reason for him to go against everything that is good.

I'm hoping we don't get another "corrupted soul" story.
evilstarlegacy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2014, 11:28 AM #217
> GOUKI
Power Ranger

GOUKI
Power Ranger

I'm over the Bruce Lee stock character though. I think it's played out and I'd rather have another calm fighter like a new young Kung Lao. The son of Liu Kang is bound to have the Bruce Lee-isms just for the sake of keeping them alive.

In fact if we already have two Kung Laos, how about a third? Hat Man always seemed to get short thrift and stood to the side while Liu snagged all the glory. In 9 we found out Hat Man is both descendant and reincarnation of Great Kung Lao, so why not pass all that on to his son and make him the new champion?

Sub-Zero and Scorpion are arguably the most iconic characters of the franchise, the Ryu and Ken. There's no way they can be left out. But I'd argue that it's definitely time to replace some of the other classics, and making amalgam characters like Cassie, or continuing stories like Kotal, is the way to do it.

But above all, I want Raiden gone and Fujin in. A new generation needs a new god fighter and mentor, and Fujin's had no opportunity to make all the mistakes that Raiden has. It's time to retire Raiden and/or Liu off for good. They're such stale characters. If Liu is the end boss, let this be his swan song.

I don't see Raiden's hat in any of the silhouettes which may be a sign.
Fighting wise, I see "kitang" having some of Liu kang's moves, like bicycle kick, fire moves etc. Maybe even some of Kitana's moves. I dont know about the turkey yells. I HOPE they DO get rid of that, or atleast make them sound better! for both Kang's son AND him. If Evil Kang has the high yells, then Im not gonna be able to take Evil Kang seriously, Lol

Even if they do retire Kang(which I doubt) I would like someone to carry on his legacy, like a son. He does not have to be the main hero, but a mark Liu can leave on MK's next Gen.

Im all for retiring old MK chars, but some are too iconic to just let go...and their fans wont let them. Scorpion, SubZero, Liu Kang and Raiden are among those chars in MK.
Old June 11th, 2014, 11:29 AM #218
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

But why would Liu Kang become evil? He could want revenge against Raiden because his visions (something only he could see) and the actions he took because of them ended up killing many people, but there's really no reason for him to go against everything that is good.

Krispy Kang has all reasons to go evil. The actions of Raiden could turn him revenge is a powerful motivation.
christopherjohn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2014, 11:29 AM #219
> Merlin
The Blowing Wind Element

Merlin
The Blowing Wind Element

That batch of endings suggested the consequence of "unchecked good." Raiden has exercised all of that over several games now, believing himself the only one capable of making the right decisions, and screwing up for it.

They suggest that if Liu replaced Raiden, corruption is his end. Not specifically evil, but out of control, unchecked. In using his new powers to destroy the enemies he would indiscriminately also hit the good guys as collateral damage. This may be a consequence of a human becoming a god, something that hasn't been officially done in the MKverse yet. Someone would have to stop him, and that would fall to the new people.

Shang Tsung's ending, which I'm sure won't happen, even showed how Boon believed that only very powerful magic, and a special kind of training with it, would be enough to bring someone like God Kang down. If Liu is that dangerous, he's as much of a threat to all the realms as Raiden's mistakes have been.
Old June 11th, 2014, 11:31 AM #220
> GOUKI
Power Ranger

GOUKI
Power Ranger

I hope Boon explains that, if Liu is revealed to be the Big Bad.
Which I hope he reveals today or tomorrow...

It may just be the corrupted soul story...

That batch of endings suggested the consequence of "unchecked good." Raiden has exercised all of that over several games now, believing himself the only one capable of making the right decisions, and screwing up for it.

They suggest that if Liu replaced Raiden, corruption is his end. Not specifically evil, but out of control, unchecked. In using his new powers to destroy the enemies he would indiscriminately also hit the good guys as collateral damage. This may be a consequence of a human becoming a god, something that hasn't been officially done in the MKverse yet. Someone would have to stop him, and that would fall to the new people.

Shang Tsung's ending, which I'm sure won't happen, even showed how Boon believed that only very powerful magic, and a special kind of training with it, would be enough to bring someone like God Kang down. If Liu is that dangerous, he's as much of a threat to all the realms as Raiden's mistakes have been.
Yes this is true.