Home Menu

Menu

Old January 30th, 2019, 01:32 PM #1
> Andros
Burajira

Andros
Burajira

The Ultimate Hasbro Power Rangers TV/Cinema/Toy line Wish list

With the recent Hasbro buy up of this franchise I feel that this is our chance to voice our opinions. Who know if they will fall on deaf ears or not but we will never know if we donít try.
Basically what I am looking for is if you have gripes and concerns about what the show has become or included, or if you have things you want to see then this is where to post them. If you have seen trends in the production/distribution of the toy line over the last 25 years and would like to voice those, this is where to voice them. If you have input on how and what is developed for film adaptation of Power Rangers. Again, voice it here.
The end goal here is to create a comprehensive list to send off to Hasbro of the things that the fandom does and does not want to see from this new owner and the property it purchased. I will start it off. Please list them in list form and keep them as short and sweet yet descriptive as possible.

------------------

1. A complete music collection releasing all of the studio edits of the full theme songs and other music from the 25 years of Power Rangers. All in a collectable box.

2. No more fart jokes. Not in the show or in the movies. Power Rangers survived for years without them and can do so again.

3. Adult fan friendly Toy line. (Akin to the legacy line by Bandai) with high quality parts and sound. But please put show accurate sounds in them.

4. Please do not take away the individual Power Rangers Conventions (Ranger Stop, PMC, PMC Express, etc..) and merge Power Rangers into HasCon. However, please do represent PR at HasCon as well.
Andros is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old January 30th, 2019, 01:35 PM #2
> Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

All of those sound pretty reasonable (especially 2.) but I'm hesitant to think we can expect many changes with all the same people involved.
Poweranimals is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2019, 01:45 PM #3
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Dino,a Wiz & a Wardrobe

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Dino,a Wiz & a Wardrobe

Isn't this just Hasbro discussion?

Andros wrote: View Post

A complete music collection releasing all of the studio edits of the full theme songs and other music from the 25 years of Power Rangers. All in a collectable box.
Two things. One is if Hasbro actually owns the rights to the music (I seem to recall Saban Music Group selling that off to Bug at some point), and would that sell well enough to account for the work put into releasing physical media.

Andros wrote: View Post

Adult fan friendly Toy line. (Akin to the legacy line by Bandai) with high quality parts and sound.
So the Lightning Collection?
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2019, 01:51 PM #4
> Andros
Burajira

Andros
Burajira

AkaGreenPrimo wrote: View Post

Isn't this just Hasbro discussion?
I tossed that around but I thought this could be considered something a bit more than just a simple Hasbro discussion. But if the Admins/Mods want to move or change it then of course that is their right.

AkaGreenPrimo wrote: View Post

So the Lightning Collection?
I am thinking more than just figures. But Morphers and Weapons just like the Legacy Line.
Andros is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2019, 08:38 PM #5
> onemancosplay
Power Ranger

eBay
onemancosplay
Power Ranger

eBay

morpher i like see them release is lost galaxy and if it had to be weapon i say magna defender sword/ blaster be good oe
onemancosplay is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2019, 02:32 PM #6
> BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

I want good Megazords. Ones that look good and are highly articulated and detailed in both individual zord form and the combined Megazord form, and that hold together solidly. This was one area where the Legacy line let me down. Most of the Zords they released were marginal improvements on the toys from 20+ years earlier. A "premium" Megazord with two points of articulation is kind of an insult.

Bandai's already covered a lot of what I'd want to see from the morphers and weapons. Maybe a Brachio Staff or Zeo Power Sword. Trubo, in Space, Time Force, and SPD morphers.
BigMDtheSequel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2019, 02:57 PM #7
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

Scorpina-Regular 5-6 inch size and a 8-12 inch size for her monster form

Cyclopsis 8-12 inch size

Rito revolto 8-12 inch size

Ninjetti ranger figures 5-6 inch

Redo the psycho ranger line

I Dont really need much else lol

Last edited by mmprfan09; February 4th, 2019 at 05:24 PM.
mmprfan09 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2019, 04:57 PM #8
> Red Rock
Power Ranger

Red Rock
Power Ranger

1. I'd love a figure (bigger than the 10cm version that was released) of Deka from power ranger samurai, in monster mode but with translucent red pieces and (maybe a light up face, if possible). It's weird because I think he's scary looking but cool at the same time.

2. Flippy head morphing figures.

3. Less of the 'not all products available in your country' on the boxes. Something like that. I wish to able to collect ALL the toys.

4. MOST IMPORTANT: Morphers that are complete from the start and not having to buy extra bits that are hard to find (see number 3) to make the thing work in the first.
Red Rock is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2019, 12:58 AM #9
> BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

Red Rock wrote: View Post

1. I'd love a figure (bigger than the 10cm version that was released) of Deka from power ranger samurai, in monster mode but with translucent red pieces and (maybe a light up face, if possible). It's weird because I think he's scary looking but cool at the same time.
Wasn't there one available in the SH Figuarts line?

If the Lightning Collection line goes well, they may release figures of some seasons' major villains (Zedd is already on the allegedly-leaked roster for wave 1). Aside from Xandred, Deker was probably the most prominent Samurai villain.
Old February 5th, 2019, 06:31 AM #10
> MK19
Power Ranger

MK19
Power Ranger

I hope they do continue the Legacy Helmet line. They have a Marvel Legends helmet line so its not something new for them...

And I hope they make some of the older megazords in a smaller scale maybe...
MK19 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2019, 10:41 AM #11
> AkaBunnyUnicorn
Crazy Alien Bunny Thing

AkaBunnyUnicorn
Crazy Alien Bunny Thing

Morphers. I definitely want more collectible versions of past morphers that the Legacy line didn't get to.

However, I really do want another MMPR morpher. While I love my Legacy Morphers, I hope Hasbro does something that hits the balance of high-quality collectible and toy. I would love to be able to get MMPR morphers for a few of my nieces and nephews that they could actually play with, and without having to spend an arm and a leg fixing it up to show accuracy.

But alongside that, I want Hasbro to tackle other past morphers. Some of the BoA morphers weren't quite show accurate at their release, and I would love to see what Hasbro could do with the advancements of toy tech since some of those came out (or fixing where BoA went cheap with them).

Weapons and Helmets. Similarly, I hope we get more collectible versions of past weapons, and possibly more helmets. I don't expect full teams of helmets, but Red and Sixth helmets would be nice. And some teams wouldn't need a lot of alterations if they wanted to release other helmets as con or store exclusives.
AkaBunnyUnicorn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2019, 11:01 AM #12
> alexrccl
Power Ranger

alexrccl
Power Ranger

1) I will start with toys. I want a lot of villains. Not the monster line we had with Dino Charge. I wish for Rita (both the show version and movie version), Scorpina, Goldar, Finster, Rito, King Mondo, Queen Machina (and the rest of the Machine empire family), Porto, Divatox, Astronoma, Darkonda, Psycho rangers (with yellow and pink), Dark specter, Scorpius, Trakeena, Deviot, Vipra, Queen Bansheera, Olympus, Nadira, Necrolai, Emperor Grumm, Madame Odius, Master Org. A lot unreleased foot soldiers - Piranhatrons, Quantrons, Sting wingers, etc.
Full team of Alien rangers, Turbo rangers, A squad from SPD, Ninjetti, Samurai, Megaforce, Dino Charge, Super Megaforce in proper scale.
Maybe some characters like Bulk and Scull.
Continue the Legacy Zord line, that Bandai did.
Morphers starting from Turbo and so on.
Playsets! I think a lot of people would buy at least the Command center.

2) Sequel to the 2017 movie. Also some other movies, maybe a trilogy of returning cast members of the past. Make it kind of like legendary war (or shattered grid) but with tons of cast returning, interesting story, maybe even some bad guys resurection and in the main show. Maybe even a solo MPPR movie with the original rangers.

3) Less stupid jokes in the show. Make it more serious and interesting. More Easter eggs, connection between seasons.

4) New music. I really hope each season will have great new songs. It would be amazing to bring back Ron Wassermann too.
alexrccl is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2019, 11:09 AM #13
> AkaBunnyUnicorn
Crazy Alien Bunny Thing

AkaBunnyUnicorn
Crazy Alien Bunny Thing

alexrccl wrote: View Post

2) Sequel to the 2017 movie. Also some other movies, maybe a trilogy of returning cast members of the past. Make it kind of like legendary war (or shattered grid) but with tons of cast returning, interesting story, maybe even some bad guys resurection and in the main show. Maybe even a solo MPPR movie with the original rangers.
Maybe if they did something like that, we could finally see an adaptation of Neo-Grifforzer. I've always wanted to see that used in PR.
AkaBunnyUnicorn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2019, 03:00 PM #14
> The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

Wish no longer, looks like the first few things are trickling out....
The Real Torhu is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2019, 03:27 PM #15
> Go-OnGold83
ZyuohTheWorld!!

Go-OnGold83
ZyuohTheWorld!!

The Real Torhu wrote: View Post

Wish no longer, looks like the first few things are trickling out....
besides the masks and the lightning line so far, im not impressed.
Go-OnGold83 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2019, 06:57 PM #16
> BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

Other things I would like to see:

Lightning Collection 2017 movie figures: I loved the movie, but the Legacy figures were some of the worst that line produced. Wonky proportions, weak articulation, bad paint. Just all around a let down. I was really hoping the movie would do well in Japan and Bandai might consider making SH Figuarts of the movie designs, but that clearly didn't happen.

A Green Beast Morpher Ranger. Have her be a partner to the adaption of Ene-Tan (the only Buddyroid without a Ranger partner. )
Old February 7th, 2019, 07:48 AM #17
> MK19
Power Ranger

MK19
Power Ranger

I feel there is a good chance for helmets. Hasbro has done helmets for Marvel and Star Wars. The Legacy Helmets do look good but I feel they are a tad too big...
MK19 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2019, 08:13 AM #18
> Activator
Power Ranger

Activator
Power Ranger

BigMDtheSequel wrote: View Post

Wasn't there one available in the SH Figuarts line?

If the Lightning Collection line goes well, they may release figures of some seasons' major villains (Zedd is already on the allegedly-leaked roster for wave 1). Aside from Xandred, Deker was probably the most prominent Samurai villain.
There was, and he's one of the most amazing ones--arguably more love and time put into him than a few of the teams in that line.

I hope the show becomes just...watchable. I skipped Samurai for the most part, and was hyped for what Megaforce could be and that wasn't worth it so I'm kind of waiting for Power Rangers to just become something that isn't instagram models with nothing beyond 1 dimensional character description.

My ideal wish list though is that the Zord toys are similar to what the Seige Transformers line is doing now. I think the way the figures can all be armored up and stuff might work really well with what the Beast Morphers mech will need to be
Activator is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote