Home Menu

Menu


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 22nd, 2019, 10:11 AM #2521
Poweranimals's Avatar
> Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 35,692
Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!
Poweranimals's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 35,692



AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

I'm unsure if the July airdate for the show's return is true or not, hence I'll take it with a grain of salt.
It would be nice if Hasbro pushed for an earlier return. They have to realize that a 5 month hiatus is toxic.
Poweranimals is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2019, 10:22 AM #2522
SonicBlueRanger's Avatar
> SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,021
SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger
SonicBlueRanger's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,021



Zeo Cereal wrote: View Post

Woe is Jack, he had to save the planet and make friends. What a bummer.
He served SPD faithfully for his entire tenure there. The man wanted a life beyond just being a cop. Why do so many people demonize him for that?

I also can't help but get a kick out of how people always say they want Rangers with flaws but then complain about them being flawed.
SonicBlueRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 22nd, 2019, 10:33 AM #2523
Xenotome's Avatar
> Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 30,755
Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕
Xenotome's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 30,755



Poweranimals wrote: View Post

It would be nice if Hasbro pushed for an earlier return. They have to realize that a 5 month hiatus is toxic.
I'm really not sure what you guys are expecting ratings wise to change if they brought back the show literally in the dead of summer, but it's not a positive change. I mean... I'm all for it going on Hiatus later (as it did and I would personally think mid May would be a better time to go on break) but the problem isn't that it comes back in late August when kids are returning to a more structured schedule due to school.
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2019, 10:47 AM #2524
Zeo Cereal's Avatar
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 8,450
Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid
Zeo Cereal's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 8,450



AkaPrimoKanyeWest wrote: View Post

I really don't get this pushback from Power Rangers fans that "characters shouldn't be perfect" is the same as "characters should be caustic".

Dillon was extremely standoffish while still giving his last drops of water to a thirsty plant. You don't have to fight redeeming values at multiple turns just to have an edge to your persona.
Nick had the same setup. Despite his demeanour, he was the one to first offer help. While that's partly due to prophecy, there's obviously autonomy involved, which ties into the central theme of courage. "It's just what you do."

SonicBlueRanger wrote: View Post

He served SPD faithfully for his entire tenure there. The man wanted a life beyond just being a cop. Why do so many people demonize him for that?

I also can't help but get a kick out of how people always say they want Rangers with flaws but then complain about them being flawed.
Big picture, it's not that different from Kimberly or the Peace Conference trio.

Scene by scene, it's marred by poor writing and direction. It's a shame, because I think Brandon Jay McLaren did really well with the material.

It's almost like writing a flawed character isn't a band-aid solution.
Zeo Cereal is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2019, 10:48 AM #2525
Lordoftherangers's Avatar
> Lordoftherangers
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,971
Lordoftherangers
Power Ranger
Lordoftherangers's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,971



SonicBlueRanger wrote: View Post

I also can't help but get a kick out of how people always say they want Rangers with flaws but then complain about them being flawed.
BIG Agree.

Just like how people hated Megaforce for being all action, no character development yet bashed the movie for having too much character development and supposedly no action.

I swear most PR fans do not know what they want.

Last edited by Lordoftherangers; June 22nd, 2019 at 10:57 AM.
Lordoftherangers is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2019, 11:09 AM #2526
AkaGreen's Avatar
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,875
AkaGreen
JusticeForK
AkaGreen's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,875



Lordoftherangers wrote: View Post

Just like how people hated Megaforce for being all action, no character development yet bashed the movie for having too much character development and supposedly no action.
Not to start this movie debate again, but I don't think asking for more than 1 minute of the rangers fighting on the ground is asking for too much. And I say that as someone who likes the movie.
AkaGreen is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2019, 11:16 AM #2527
SonicBlueRanger's Avatar
> SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,021
SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger
SonicBlueRanger's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,021



AkaGreen wrote: View Post

Not to start this movie debate again, but I don't think asking for more than 1 minute of the rangers fighting on the ground is asking for too much. And I say that as someone who likes the movie.
Agreed. I like the movie but wish there had been more Ranger stuff in it
SonicBlueRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2019, 11:19 AM #2528
big smile's Avatar
> big smile
VIP Rider
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,443
big smile
VIP Rider
big smile's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,443



Lordoftherangers wrote: View Post

Just like how people hated Megaforce for being all action, no character development yet bashed the movie for having too much character development and supposedly no action.

I swear most PR fans do not know what they want.
It's quite clear they do know what they want: A mix of action and character development. The examples you cite are extremes which didn't deliver a mix.
big smile is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (5)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 22nd, 2019, 11:49 AM #2529
> GokaiGold
Frozen Passion
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 6,344
GokaiGold
Frozen Passion
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 6,344



Lordoftherangers wrote: View Post

Just like how people hated Megaforce for being all action, no character development yet bashed the movie for having too much character development and supposedly no action.
GokaiGold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2019, 12:08 PM #2530
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 8,761
Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 8,761



Zeo Cereal wrote: View Post

I was talking about Skye. He's good friends with Connor and Zach.
Will Zoe join them or won't she be a thing?
Spider-Phoenix is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2019, 12:13 PM #2531
Allio's Avatar
> Allio
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 8,620
Allio
Power Ranger
Allio's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 8,620



Along with their turtle friend Ralph.
Allio is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2019, 12:14 PM #2532
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 82,585
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 82,585



Allio wrote: View Post

Along with their turtle friend Ralph.
It's pronounced Raph.

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2019, 12:22 PM #2533
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 8,761
Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 8,761



By the way, is Cat a thing as well? All things considered, including her backstory, one would think it is.
Spider-Phoenix is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2019, 01:05 PM #2534
Poweranimals's Avatar
> Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 35,692
Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!
Poweranimals's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 35,692



Xenotome wrote: View Post

I'm really not sure what you guys are expecting ratings wise to change if they brought back the show literally in the dead of summer, but it's not a positive change. I mean... I'm all for it going on Hiatus later (as it did and I would personally think mid May would be a better time to go on break) but the problem isn't that it comes back in late August when kids are returning to a more structured schedule due to school.
The problem isn't the month. It's the length of the hiatus. I don't think summer is an issue. Disney Channel airs a ton of new stuff in the summer because they realize kids are off of school.
Poweranimals is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2019, 02:08 PM #2535
Akumaru's Avatar
> Akumaru
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,418
Akumaru
Power Ranger
Akumaru's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,418



^ In that way Disney is thinking in a good way at least I suppose is not like CN we barely can know who some new episodes show up !!!
Akumaru is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2019, 03:15 PM #2536
Pixelated Prophet's Avatar
> Pixelated Prophet
.....
 
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 567
Pixelated Prophet
.....
Pixelated Prophet's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 567



The gold 2017 movie ranger going is fake right?
Pixelated Prophet is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2019, 03:17 PM #2537
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 82,585
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 82,585



Pixelated Prophet wrote: View Post

The gold 2017 movie ranger going is fake right?
The what?
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2019, 04:00 PM #2538
Peter's Avatar
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 31,618
Peter
"Stegosaurus!"
Peter's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 31,618



Pixelated Prophet wrote: View Post

The gold 2017 movie ranger going is fake right?
... what do you mean? Your post doesn't make sense.
Peter is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2019, 05:49 PM #2539
mmprfan09's Avatar
> mmprfan09
One In A Million
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,626
mmprfan09
One In A Million
mmprfan09's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,626



Lordoftherangers wrote: View Post

BIG Agree.

Just like how people hated Megaforce for being all action, no character development yet bashed the movie for having too much character development and supposedly no action.

I swear most PR fans do not know what they want.
We dont know what we want because we want balance?
mmprfan09 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2019, 07:14 PM #2540
Trey-El's Avatar
> Trey-El
Red Scorpion Ranger
 
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 643
Trey-El
Red Scorpion Ranger
Trey-El's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 643



mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

We dont know what we want because we want balance?
Guess so
Trey-El is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:36 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.