Home Menu

Menu

Old March 11th, 2019, 04:30 PM #201
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

Peter wrote: View Post

^ See, I would've just gone with the fact that he did have a slight fear of dogs, and being morphed (particularly after the Evox virus screwed up the code a little bit) just amplifies those feelings to the point where he actually has a total physical reaction.

But I guess it'd be hard to write that for Ravi and losing his temper with his team-mates, or Zoey and her ... carrots?
Spoiler Tagging just in case. Just explaining the sentai explanation of weaknesses, cause I'm not sure what exactly we need to spoiler tag in this thread anymore. :/

Their weaknesses in the Sentai were caused by the untested vaccines their parents injected them with as children. (It was a last resort kinda deal)

All of their weaknesses were computer related. (Computers Overheat, Computers Crash, And Computers Freeze Up)

The ACTUAL trigger of his weakness was him panicking or feeling overwhelmed, which only happened a couple times. It just so happens Hiromu had a childhood trauma that gave him a phobia of chickens, which caused him to panic when he saw a chicken. And thus, panic triggered his weakness.

Though since most of the time, a chicken was involved in the source footage, they had to write a reason why the freezes occur that made sense because the Red Ranger is CLEARLY looking at something and causing it and them knocking him out of the way or such to unfreeze him (like in this episode), so simply making is to him panicking wouldn't work. And as others have linked, wild dogs ARE a threat to cheetahs in the wild, so dogs do work, and not just because of Nate's bad "Cats are afraid of Dogs" line. Apart from Felines that are Apex Predators like Lions, every Feline out there has a Canine Predator (and even then, Wolves are Apex Predators, so if Lions and Wolves lived in the same environment, who knows what animal would come out on top).

Whereas Blue and Yellow, the triggers were pretty much the same in Power Rangers - Blue overdoes it and uses too much of his strength, causing his body to overheat (or if he gets literally overheated, as in, if he's exposed to heat too long). Yellow isn't careful and uses too much energy, causing her to crash. The only difference is Yellow in Sentai ate candy and Yellow in Power Rangers eats carrots. Because Nickelodeon pushes healthy eating habits.

Nothing in Sentai was about Blue losing his temper with his teammates, so I'm not sure where you got that? It was always about pushing himself too far trying to either fight the monsters or protecting his teammates. Often times it was protecting Yoko (Yellow) because she was still 16, whereas he was 28, and feels responsible for her.
AkaUnlovedFyntabulous is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2019, 04:41 PM #202
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous wrote: View Post

Because Power Rangers pushes healthy eating habits.
Fixed.
Did Rita's Pita teach us nothing?
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2019, 04:41 PM #203
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

so simply making is to him panicking wouldn't work...
Panicking because he's looking at something that makes him afraid?

Like, oh, I don't know.

Maybe like a dog or something?

Nah, you're right. That's pretty stupid. They shouldn't do that.

Nothing in Sentai was about Blue losing his temper with his teammates...
Yeah. He only attempted to suddenly kill her, for no apparent reason. Gosh, where oh where did I get that impression?

That's a real head-scratcher, that is.
Peter is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2019, 04:53 PM #204
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

Peter wrote: View Post

Panicking because he's looking at something that makes him afraid?

Like, oh, I don't know.

Maybe like a dog or something?

Nah, you're right. That's pretty stupid. They shouldn't do that.

Yeah. He only attempted to suddenly kill her, for no apparent reason. Gosh, where oh where did I get that impression?

That's a real head-scratcher, that is.
I was referring to that not being part of what triggered his weak point.
Old March 11th, 2019, 06:00 PM #205
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

Edit: Forming this with the original.
Allio is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2019, 07:36 PM #206
> DanKnight1221
Power Ranger

DanKnight1221
Power Ranger

I just thought of something. Since Evox is a CGI character not taken from the Sentai footage, Scrozzle is an original suit villian from PR and not from the Sentai (props to whoever made it though, as someone who doesn't watch the Sentai I thought it looked like one of their suits) and Blaze and Roxy while technically having counterparts don't wear any kind of suits from the Sentai minus Roxy's being recolored (and thus possibly not able to be combined with the footage unless the re-color it)...

Wouldn't that make this the first season that the main villain and all of his generals are characters (for all practical purpouses) to not have direct Sentai counterparts and seemingly not be using any of the Sentai footage for any of their scenes?
DanKnight1221 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2019, 07:38 PM #207
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

DanKnight1221 wrote: View Post

I just thought of something. Since Evox is a CGI character not taken from the Sentai footage, Scrozzle is an original suit villian from PR and not from the Sentai (props to whoever made it though, as someone who doesn't watch the Sentai I thought it looked like one of their suits) and Blaze and Roxy while technically having counterparts don't wear any kind of suits from the Sentai minus Roxy's being recolored (and thus possibly not able to be combined with the footage unless the re-color it)...

Wouldn't that make this the first season that the main villain and all of his generals are characters (for all practical purpouses) to not have direct Sentai counterparts and seemingly not be using any of the Sentai footage for any of their scenes?
Blaze's suit was in the show.
Dexter1998 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2019, 07:40 PM #208
> DanKnight1221
Power Ranger

DanKnight1221
Power Ranger

Dexter1998 wrote: View Post

Blaze's suit was in the show.
Oh my bad, I looked it up and must have looked up the wrong thing, it looked like it was a different suit Enter wore, the disadvantage of not knowing Sentai. Well scratch that then, thought we had something "ground breaking".
DanKnight1221 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2019, 07:51 PM #209
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

I mean when you break down beast morpher vs Go-Busters you see that alot of elements were taken over with only tiny tweeks

Messiah and Evox
Enter and Escape with Blaze and Roxy. Both the suits as well as being avatars (with Enter and Escape being amalgamation of several people dna)
Beastbots seem like they could be just their Buddyroid counterparts
etc

Honestly I'm reminded of Power Rangers samurai. Where as samurai was essentially just a watered down version of Shinkenger (logically speaking outside of PR name is there any reason to watch Samurai over Shinken?) what Beast Morphers does different reminds me of stuff like while Deker's personality was just an american Juzo, he at least had something different for his back story that was different.

I mean while comparing to Samurai isn't exactly the best thing, it shows Beast Morphers is close to it's sentai counterpart but still be different. Hopefully it just doesn't leave us going "Well, Blaze is okay...But I just wish he was just Enter."
Old March 11th, 2019, 07:55 PM #210
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

We can only hope they keep Silver the exact same.
AkaGreen is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2019, 07:55 PM #211
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

DanKnight1221 wrote: View Post

Oh my bad, I looked it up and must have looked up the wrong thing, it looked like it was a different suit Enter wore, the disadvantage of not knowing Sentai. Well scratch that then, thought we had something "ground breaking".
Enter has another one too. Probably the one you saw (it's yellow). The Dark Buster suit was introduced like three/two episodes before the finale.
Old March 11th, 2019, 07:59 PM #212
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

Are we sure Scrozzle is a unique suit?

Or did they just REALLY closely match the aestethic of Zeo and RPM?

Cause he looks so familiar, but it could just be the aesthetic.
Old March 11th, 2019, 08:03 PM #213
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

AkaGreen wrote: View Post

We can only hope they keep Silver the exact same.
My only hope is that they don't go the way of trying to be something like J is dede to
Nate's Dexter

I feel like that would be easy to do. Granted we still don't know much of
Nate's character at this point

but what little I have seen I feel like he really doesn't fit Beet Buster's mannerisms. Unlike where I feel the main three Busters really allows for anyone to be under the suit (as opposed to say Noah not fitting Joe) Beet and Stag has more defined personality in their body language that I feel like they are going to have to do it carefully.
Old March 11th, 2019, 08:04 PM #214
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

Spoiler Tagging just in case. Just explaining the sentai explanation of weaknesses, cause I'm not sure what exactly we need to spoiler tag in this thread anymore. :/
That does kind of bring up a good question.

Just for future reference, is there a time when something that happens in an episode is no longer a spoiler? Or do we just use spoiler tags until the whole season is over, even if we're talking about the earliest episodes?

I'm sorry if it's been said, but I don't remember it being brought up.

Last edited by AkaGreen; March 11th, 2019 at 08:20 PM.
Old March 11th, 2019, 08:06 PM #215
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

Are we sure Scrozzle is a unique suit?

Or did they just REALLY closely match the aestethic of Zeo and RPM?

Cause he looks so familiar, but it could just be the aesthetic.
It's definitely american design.

That does kind of bring up a good question.

Just for future reference, is there at time when something that happens in an episode is no longer a spoiler? Or do we just use spoiler tags until the whole season is over, even if we're talking about the earliest episodes?

I'm sorry if it's been said, but I don't remember it being brought up.
The comics thread has a one week rule, and with the show being more accessible than the comics (legal or otherwise) I'd say a week after premiere should also work.
Old March 11th, 2019, 08:12 PM #216
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

Allio wrote: View Post

My only hope is that they don't go the way of trying to be something like J is dede to
Nate's Dexter

I feel like that would be easy to do. Granted we still don't know much of
Nate's character at this point

but what little I have seen I feel like he really doesn't fit Beet Buster's mannerisms. Unlike where I feel the main three Busters really allows for anyone to be under the suit (as opposed to say Noah not fitting Joe) Beet and Stag has more defined personality in their body language that I feel like they are going to have to do it carefully.
That's something I thought about before.

Nate doesn't really act like Jin at all. Outside of the fact that they're both smart, there's not a lot in common. Nate seems a lot nicer than Jin. At this point, I can't exactly imagine him smacking around his Beast Bot. They are filming a lot of original footage, so it might not matter too much, but I'm still curious on how they're gonna make it work.

I just hope it's not as bad as trying to convince us Agri's footage and Don's footage were the same person.
Old March 11th, 2019, 09:10 PM #217
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

I could see Nate trying to "reclaim" his front position stolen by J as: Hey, step aside, I'm speaking, don't do that.
Old March 11th, 2019, 09:23 PM #218
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

That's something I thought about before.

Nate doesn't really act like Jin at all. Outside of the fact that they're both smart, there's not a lot in common. Nate seems a lot nicer than Jin. At this point, I can't exactly imagine him smacking around his Beast Bot. They are filming a lot of original footage, so it might not matter too much, but I'm still curious on how they're gonna make it work.

I just hope it's not as bad as trying to convince us Agri's footage and Don's footage were the same person.
Or they work it in as Evox managed to corrupt the DNA of the beetles they had before they left and they didn't know, and it's Nate's "weakness." He has a habit of negatively reacting towards Silver or something. Then silver's could be they randomly "goof off" and can't stop themselves.

I still find it weird we haven't heard anything about a potential silver voice actor, or even seen the silver beast bot on set. Anytime we have a ranger that's just done with a voice actor, we always know WAY before they debut. (Like we knew Omega Rangers, Aqua Ranger's voices, etc, WELLLL before they appeared, even if just as a random name) Which is making me think the Beast Bot isn't going to be silver, and they're doing some mega hiding shit. Because the only other voice we know for this series was the Cyclebot they just killed.
Old March 11th, 2019, 09:30 PM #219
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

I still find it weird we haven't heard anything about a potential silver voice actor, or even seen the silver beast bot on set.
We saw his suit actor next to Nate when we found out he was gold, and in the back of that picture with Haim and his wife with the cast yesterday. Both times the suit actor was helmetless, though.

They already said that Silver is a robot at the casting panel, so it's most likely still J.
Old March 11th, 2019, 09:53 PM #220
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

We saw his suit actor next to Nate when we found out he was gold, and in the back of that picture with Haim and his wife with the cast yesterday. Both times the suit actor was helmetless, though.

They already said that Silver is a robot at the casting panel, so it's most likely still J.
Photo just in case of the first one

Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.