Home Menu

Menu

Old May 2nd, 2016, 05:21 PM #1
> ⚡McAster
I engage in motion

McAster
I engage in motion

Arrow: Black Canary Became Untweetable

Welcome, it's a new thread and I'm going to kill off a random poster at a later date. Try to guess who.

Until then, this is all about the show and tie-in comics for Arrow.

Staring
- Green Arrow aka Olliver Queen. He has secrets.
- Black Canary aka Dinah Laurel Lance. She'll have flashbacks.
- Speedy aka Speedy ... Thea Queen. Won't be her father, or her biological father, or a father herself.
- Spartan aka John Diggle. Black Driver man turned Vigilante with helmet and no death wish.
- Quentin Lance aka The Mourner. Formerly The Detective.
- Overwatch a game by Blizzard Entertainment.
- Felicity Smoak. It's her story, we just have to live with it.
- Arsenal aka Roy Harper. Spending time in Hub City asking The Question on where to hang out tonight.
- الساحر aka The Magician aka "Give the Ghul a Hand" aka Malcolm Merlyn. A clinical example of a man with at least one Antisocial Personality Disorder.
- The Woman of The Ghoul aka Nyssa al Ghul aka "the not evil one". Give her a hand and she'll save a life.
- Damien Darhk aka Kenneth Bender, formerly Warith al Ghul. Man with the plan for this HIVE of scum and villainy.
- Mayor Ruvé Adams. Voted best Mother I Like To Kill by the Queen family.

Enjoy, have fun if you can, and always remember we may not all like everything going on in the show, but we still care if we are posting in here.

Also be kind when it comes to spoilers.
McAster is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2016, 05:23 PM #2
> ⚡McAster
I engage in motion

McAster
I engage in motion

Some thoughts from the end of the previous thread.

The Plastic Ranger wrote: View Post

Anyone know if the Evelyn lady is in the comics? I got a DC Batman Spoiler vibe from her.
Dr. Who 07 wrote: View Post

some have said that the name is one of Dinah's (laurel) friends in the comics
but i don't personally know

here ya go Evelyn Crawford
Primo David Frank wrote: View Post

They mentioned that the Canary Cry was tuned specifically to Laurel's vocal chords multiple times and never explained how Evelyn could use it. WTF?

I supremely applaud Oliver's decision to reveal Laurel's secret. Everyone important to her already knew, and besides the doctor there was no one to link any of her friends to the identities of the other vigilantes, so she earned the right to be respected for who she really was.

And the flashbacks were well done. Faking us out with Tommy's funeral, they even put a prosthetic chin on Katie so she'd look the same as in the first season. Blackthorne's wig was cruddy, though.

Irish Ranger wrote: View Post

Wouldn't there be legal ramifications following the revelation that Laurel was the Black Canary, given she was assistant DA?
Titanium321 wrote: View Post

It would if this show understood anything about law. Basically everyone she put away who claimed the Black Canary or Arrow or any vigilante took them down would be able to get out of jail or sue the city now. But given how they've handled the law so far, it will just never come up again and there will be no consequence.

Hell, they have the mayor, who is both linked to on public record and married to the big bad villain who broke out of jail and has no repercussions or anyone poking around. Basically the police do nothing in this town.
ZeoFan88 wrote: View Post

Agreed anyone they put away now would have grounds for appeal . But again who cares bout that point when they don't explain the modification of the cry.

GoldAnyRanger wrote: View Post

Could this be our big bad for next season, or just one of his underlings?

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/arrow-seaso...214425414.html
McAster is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2016, 05:31 PM #3
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Amazing how Titty's in here every week and didn't notice we long passed our page limit.

That said, cheesy thread title, even for you Ken.

GoldAnyRanger wrote:
Could this be our big bad for next season, or just one of his underlings?

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/arrow-seaso...214425414.html
Jazzman.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2016, 06:28 PM #4
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

This promo video from down under seems to indicate Oliver's greatest nemesis will be returning.

GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2016, 06:44 PM #5
> Crazy Davey
I'm Batman

Crazy Davey
I'm Batman

McAster wrote: View Post

Some thoughts from the end of the previous thread.

Aww... I didn't make the recap

RIP, Laurel
Crazy Davey is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2016, 06:52 PM #6
> ⚡Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction

eBay
Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction

eBay

- Felicity Smoak. It's her story, we just have to live with it.
The truth of this one hurt.
Lord Buttus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2016, 09:05 PM #7
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

Staring
- Overwatch a game by Blizzard Entertainment.
Hanzo wants to take Oliver's title of Green Arrow.
[IMG]http://************/j6hfkgx[/IMG]
christopherjohn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2016, 09:23 PM #8
> KRDK
Nobody's Perfect

KRDK
Nobody's Perfect

Slade? I think that might just be for the promo considering the embargo due to Suicide Squad.
KRDK is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2016, 09:39 PM #9
> ϟDecade
FINAL KAMEN ATTACK FORM RIDE: OWNER

Decade
FINAL KAMEN ATTACK FORM RIDE: OWNER

Amazing how Titty's in here every week and didn't notice we long passed our page limit.
McAster's the thread making slave.
Decade is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2016, 09:46 PM #10
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

In my defense, I blame Toast.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2016, 05:33 AM #11
> MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

KRDK wrote: View Post

Slade? I think that might just be for the promo considering the embargo due to Suicide Squad.
There isn't an embargo on him due to Suicide Squad. It was said that there are plans to "use him elsewhere" or something. And since we already know about Suicide Squad, there would be no reason to be secretive or cryptic about that.
MoonsKnight is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2016, 11:13 PM #12
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Interesting episode. Poor Thea though. Man, as soon as she mentioned blanking out before coming there I knew she was stuck in Genesis. And poor Diggle. I mean Andy sucked, but still to end up killing him. I'm curious though about him lying to Lyla about it. Was it to spare her the thought of Andy threatening Sarah and all that? Or did he have a different reason? And I wonder if the killing will have more repercussions down the road for him.

And now Oliver knows how to stop Darhk's magic. By wishing he can. I admit, sure it's magic but the whole business of learning to protect himself and it just ends up being 'let me throw magic at you and you just will it to not hurt you' was kinda cheap but oh well.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2016, 12:00 AM #13
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

One comment so far? Apathy for this season is reaching epic heights...

I can't believe it took Oliver this long to realize his tattoo was important and actually use it. Was I the only one disappointed that the woman Constantine hipped Oliver to wasn't Zatanna? Oh, well, we can't have everything. Though, it was extremely surprising to learn the reason Star City sucks so much is because it's the Hellmouth. Then Gotham City must have two.

I'm not sure what on any level Diggle thought he was accomplishing by icing his brother. Sure, he had intimate knowledge, but he wasn't the sole reason Dig's family was in the crosshairs, we just proved Darhk was after Lyla anyway, and he's probably bored with them both now that he got the codes. It just seems like just a tremendous waste of a season to do what they should have just done at the very start.

And Thea ending up in Wayward Pines definitely came out of left field, though big ups to her for recognizing it immediately. And I got kind of thrown by that final graphic, were they trying to show us Genesis is shrunken down like Kandor or something?

God, reading that whole post back, this all feels like bad fanfic.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2016, 12:24 AM #14
> ilikepiex7
Power Ranger

ilikepiex7
Power Ranger

I'm a little upset he visited Hub City and didn't see the Question
ilikepiex7 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2016, 12:27 AM #15
> ZeoFan88
Power Ranger

ZeoFan88
Power Ranger

One comment so far? Apathy for this season is reaching epic heights...

I can't believe it took Oliver this long to realize his tattoo was important and actually use it. Was I the only one disappointed that the woman Constantine hipped Oliver to wasn't Zatanna? Oh, well, we can't have everything. Though, it was extremely surprising to learn the reason Star City sucks so much is because it's the Hellmouth. Then Gotham City must have two.

I'm not sure what on any level Diggle thought he was accomplishing by icing his brother. Sure, he had intimate knowledge, but he wasn't the sole reason Dig's family was in the crosshairs, we just proved Darhk was after Lyla anyway, and he's probably bored with them both now that he got the codes. It just seems like just a tremendous waste of a season to do what they should have just done at the very start.

And Thea ending up in Wayward Pines definitely came out of left field, though big ups to her for recognizing it immediately. And I got kind of thrown by that final graphic, were they trying to show us Genesis is shrunken down like Kandor or something?

God, reading that whole post back, this all feels like bad fanfic.
I found myself bored by the episode so that's why i don't have much to hate on or love. But bad fanfic is what this show excels in now.
ZeoFan88 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2016, 06:08 AM #16
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

Was I the only one disappointed that the woman Constantine hipped Oliver to wasn't Zatanna?
It drove me nuts because I kept hoping it'd come as a last second reveal but then nothing.

I'm not sure what on any level Diggle thought he was accomplishing by icing his brother.
He wasn't trying to kill him, but ultimately got goaded into it. Would have been nice if they expanded on Andy at all, as is he's just evil for evil's sake and works with the bad guy. His whole goal this episode was to screw with his brother to elaborately set up a way to get to Lyla, and we got no more motivation than Darhk told him to. I thought it might end up in a reveal Andy was under control and the only way to freehimself was death, like he kept goading John to kill him to save him. But instead it was just suicide by monologue. It just seemed random and accidental in the end.

I'm just glad they didn't kill Lyla off.

It's under the city. Underground, deep underground. I think we may have seen something about it earlier when there was a lady running Hive that I don't think we ever got the name of and don't remember what happened to her.

God, reading that whole post back, this all feels like bad fanfic.[/QUOTE]
Old May 5th, 2016, 07:00 PM #17
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

Colton Haynes reveals why he left the show.

http://tvline.com/2016/05/05/colton-...rview/?ref=yfp
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2016, 08:34 PM #18
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

It drove me nuts because I kept hoping it'd come as a last second reveal but then nothing.

He wasn't trying to kill him, but ultimately got goaded into it. Would have been nice if they expanded on Andy at all, as is he's just evil for evil's sake and works with the bad guy. His whole goal this episode was to screw with his brother to elaborately set up a way to get to Lyla, and we got no more motivation than Darhk told him to. I thought it might end up in a reveal Andy was under control and the only way to freehimself was death, like he kept goading John to kill him to save him. But instead it was just suicide by monologue. It just seemed random and accidental in the end.
Zatanna would be great. Anyway, Andy. I was actually fine with it. Everything they showed about him just made it feel he was simply bad because that's how he was. Which is fine. There doesn't need to be some big, hidden agenda or grand motivation. Andy was just a bad person and all this time Diggle had idolized him and respected him. Slap in the face when it comes down to it and Andy has no problem threatening his wife and kid, especially taunting him by saying he'd go after Sarah at school and such. Andy was just a bad guy, that's it. So yeah, evil for evil's sake is just fine sometimes. Diggle saw what he wanted to believe, that Andy had changed while they had him imprisoned but guess what? Nope, he's just rotten. Now rotting, hehe.

That's a shame about Colton. But good that he knew when to step back. I mean, to be fair his contract was also up too that was part of his exit. After his recent appearance though I'm not sure I'd want him back. Nothing against Colton but I feel like Roy's story is done. And like Laurel, while he was around during S3 he was background noise basically. I enjoyed him in S1 and 2, but less so in 3. And the way they ended things last season it really felt more final with him moving on to find a better life. So to have him show up again after that would be odd I think.
Old May 5th, 2016, 08:36 PM #19
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

GoldAnyRanger wrote: View Post

Colton Haynes reveals why he left the show.

http://tvline.com/2016/05/05/colton-...rview/?ref=yfp
I like that he explains why its too much but then ends it by saying he'd come back in a heartbeat.
Old May 5th, 2016, 08:41 PM #20
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

I like that he explains why its too much but then ends it by saying he'd come back in a heartbeat.
Probably because coming back for what would likely be another episode or two is much different than being a series regular. Much less stressful to come for a couple days or something.

Tags
#daddyissues