Home Menu

Menu

View Poll Results: Yes, there's a holiday special, but this is the finale. So vote!
1 - Bad 19 19.19%
1 - Bad
19 19.19%
2 - Poor 18 18.18%
2 - Poor
18 18.18%
3 - Fair 26 26.26%
3 - Fair
26 26.26%
4 - Good 22 22.22%
4 - Good
22 22.22%
5 - Excellent 14 14.14%
5 - Excellent
14 14.14%
Votes: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 9th, 2018, 05:31 PM #1
> ⚡GreenNinja
Ninja of the Future

GreenNinja
Ninja of the Future

Power Rangers Super Ninja Steel: Episode 40 (FINALE) - "Reaching the Nexus"

Reaching the Nexus
Airs: Saturday, November 10th @ 12:00 PM on Nick

Once more, a Saban era comes to an end with a thoroughly mediocre season involving something called the "Nexus".

---Standard Episode Discussion Rules---

1) Do NOT ask for downloads. Saban Brands does not want us posting episode encodes here, so you're not allowed to talk about them at all. You will be warned at first, but repeated asking will result in an infraction. Episodes go live legally on Nick's website in the US, and can be watched there. (You can use a proxy/VPN to watch them overseas.)

2) The thread will remain closed until the episode finishes airing. We do this to prevent play-by-play discussion. You'd be amazed to see how large a thread can get when everyone and their mother decides to post about each individual line dialogue or action of an individual. They threads can be tricky to navigate and we don't need them to be even trickier with tons of extra pages at the beginning. Rest assured that within a couple of minutes of the credits rolling the thread will be opened for all.

Note: If two new episodes air back-to-back there will be one thread opened at the conclusion of the second episode.

3) Do NOT start another thread. There is one thread for each episode. It will be created by a moderator and stickied to the top of the page prior to the episode airing so that it can be quickly opened for discussion. In the off chance that we are late or you're just too antsy to talk about the episode, please do not start another thread. It will be closed immediately and you will most likely receive an infraction.

4) Expect Spoilers It's going to happen folks, it's an episode discussion.
Spoilers are to be expected for Ninja Steel episodes, summaries, descriptions, cast list, and more. What we get about Power Rangers Ninja Steel is fair game.
However if you wish to talk about what happens in Ninninger episodes not yet adapted by Ninja Steel, then you need to go use the Super Sentai of the Past thread to do so. No bringing up episodes that have only aired overseas, either. Use the international discussion thread for that, and stick to this episode.

If there are any further questions by all means ask away.
GreenNinja is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2018, 05:39 PM #2
> ϟDecade
FINAL KAMEN ATTACK FORM RIDE: OWNER

Decade
FINAL KAMEN ATTACK FORM RIDE: OWNER

Oh no, ModRn's favorite show is ending
Decade is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old November 9th, 2018, 09:26 PM #3
> ⚡ModRn
Dance Like Nobody's Watching

ModRn

I'm not ready to move on from this... someone please send me a Super Ninja Steel costume. I need to live this life forever....

ModRn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old November 10th, 2018, 10:30 AM #4
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

Well, it didn't have the rangers destroying the earth. So, it's better than End of Extinction.

I like the idea of the girls being on the ship and not being able to morph. That feels like some finale stuff. It led to Sarah getting a badass civilian fight! And the civilians saving her was also cool. Hayley and Calvin getting back together was a good scene. I'm glad they both admitted they were kinda wrong.

Dane is like... the worst Greatest Ninja of all time. He disappears for 10 years, comes back, disappears again, and then finally comes back just to get brainwashed. Maybe it's a good thing he didn't train the rangers. But the fight with his sons and Preston was kinda cool.

The final fight, while pretty much just sentai footage, was awesome. Mostly because of the music. I'm so tired of Go Go Power Rangers, but that music over that footage was just awesome. (But seriously, how many extremely useful spells has Preston not used?) And speaking of Odius, (kinda) she's thousands of years old?

Victor and Monty... killed two main villains. That... really happened. Cosmo is an idiot for giving them both explosives that they could easily use against him. Which they did! Victor finally got his trophy. Yay, I guess. I'm just glad it wasn't another fart plot.

This was a better finale that Dino Charge got. It had problems, but it wasn't too bad. It felt more like a two parter in the middle of the series than an end to the two years we've been watching. Not much of an ending, but more than Megaforce got.

Overall, as I said in another thread, Ninja Steel/Super Ninja Steel as a whole is a 3/5. Not great, not awful. It just kinda happened and then ended. A ton of missed opportunities, but I can't bring myself to call it bad because I don't think it will leave enough impact to call it bad. That can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on how you look at it. But, one thing I did love about Ninja Steel is the cast. They seem like really cool people and they did a pretty good job with what they were given. That goes for Chris and Caleb, too, no matter how much I say about Victor and Monty.

I guess I can't really say goodbye to the Neo Saban era until after the Christmas special, but this is basically a goodbye to Ninja Steel.

Last edited by AkaGreen; November 10th, 2018 at 10:45 AM.
AkaGreen is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 10:30 AM #5
> ⚡GreenNinja
Ninja of the Future

GreenNinja
Ninja of the Future

There was no planetary genocide, but that still felt severely underwhelming.
GreenNinja is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 10:33 AM #6
> BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

Whelp, let's just get this is over with. Play by play thoughts as the episode airs:

- I love how the narrator focuses more on Hayley and Calvin's issues than Odius' "Master Plan"

- I honestly keep forgetting Redbot exists

- If there's one thing I'll miss about this season, aside from Hayley, it's the theme song. "Go, Go Power Rangers" spam aside, it really is pretty fucking catchy.

- You know, this "Evil Mick" bullshit would have been a lot better if it wasn't just your standard mind control plot.

- Hayley showing some intiative, once again proving why she's too good for this team.

- Did...did Odius really not know the prism was in the ranger's base?

- "Oh no, Calvin?" that's the most emotion Brody's shown in two years and he still sounds like he doesn't care. He just sounds annoyed with Calvin for getting captured (to be fair, they've all had plenty of reason to be annoyed with Calvin after the last episode).

- Dressing Victor and Monty up as clowns still doesn't make them funny.

- All it took was three or four foot soldiers for Sarah to decide to stay behind? I'm gonna ignore how dumb that was because it was actually a pretty neat fight.

- Ooooh wow. Guess we see where Brody got his Troy levels of bad acting from. His dad ain't no better. Also gotta love how the one time he does something all season, he's mind controlled. This guy makes James look like a good father.

- Hayley confrontation with brainwashed Calvin. Who didn't see that coming? At least he wasn't saved by "the power of love" or some dumb shit.

- Wow, they stopped Odius' braiwash plan kinda effortlessly. Like...almost to the point where there was no point.

- Why are they putting the fate of everyone on that ship...IN VICTOR AND MONTY'S HANDS!?

- WHY DID DANE RUN AWAY!? Isn't he the greatest ninja ever or some dumb shit?

- lol Did they seriously start the fight just to immediately run away? Wow, they really learned from Dane.

- WOW! That final fight sucked worse than Dino Charge's. Gotta love how they end it with Samurai's theme XD

- Once again, a season ends with the rangers giving their powers up for no reason.

- "It was truly an honor to fight beside you" Redbot, you literally did nothing

And that was the end. Just like this season, I have no final thoughts. It just came and went like a silent fart in the wind.

GreenNinja wrote: View Post

There was no planetary genocide, but that still felt severely underwhelming.
So a typical Ninja Steel episode
BlueMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 10:35 AM #7
> TheSpazz
Power Ranger

TheSpazz
Power Ranger

I'm just happy that Victor got his 50th trophy.

Also, Dane's sword looks like a toy. What's up with that?
TheSpazz is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 10:37 AM #8
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

TheSpazz wrote: View Post

Also, Dane's sword looks like a toy. What's up with that?
"You too can be an absent father with the Earth's Greatest Ninja Sword from Bandai!"
Old November 10th, 2018, 10:39 AM #9
> BlackDrive
Power Ranger

BlackDrive
Power Ranger

I just want to remind you that the first time a civilian destroyed a monster was in episode 30 of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers when Jeremy (cousin of Jason) destroyed Rockstar by reflecting it with the mirror of destruction.

I'm telling it about how Badonna and Cosmo were destroyed
BlackDrive is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 10:41 AM #10
> AdamN
Power Ranger

AdamN
Power Ranger

Your main enemy is overpowered thanks to Nexus. What the Earth's Greatest Ninja is doing?

Saying "Good luck, team!" and going out to the shadows.
AdamN is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 10:42 AM #11
> Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

Ninja Steel is turd water and another bug for me is the title "Reaching The Nexus" which I mean... makes no sense anyway, but it's obviously taken from Wild Force's "Sealing The Nexus" on top of the entire plot of the last couple episodes being bad reproductions of RPM's last episodes...

Preston-Ex-Machina pulling his magic tightly betwixt his ass to make them all super powerful... for reasons...

Dane's complete absentee parenting and then trying to kill his children under mind control and even after that refusing to get involved in the fight. I hope CPS gets called on him over his 23 year old kids.

The only enjoyable parts of this episode was when they switched to Sentai footage, because they actually allow cool fight scenes to be made and I'm really tired of Power Rangers CGI explosions that look nothing like an explosion. Like... there are stock assets that you can buy that look like real explosions and smoke. This ain't it.

And again with the bullshit of the Powers going away when we know they've got to come back next episode. PLEASE STOP DOING THIS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.
Xenotome is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 10:43 AM #12
> Theagames10
Power Ranger

Theagames10
Power Ranger

I wish we would have seen a preview of Beast Morphers or at least the Christmas special when the episode ended...
Theagames10 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 10:46 AM #13
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

Xenotome wrote: View Post

And again with the bullshit of the Powers going away when we know they've got to come back next episode. PLEASE STOP DOING THIS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.
I'll agree 10000% on this one. It's just stupid...
Old November 10th, 2018, 11:07 AM #14
> GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

The worst part of Victor and Monty destroying Cosmo and whats-her-name is that they didn't do it out of a sense of heroism. They saw it as an opportunity to be heroes for glory. Then Victor is rewarded in the end. Two complete waste of characters. Two of a lot in this show.

Again, Zoe is killing it. What a waste of a good actress. The scene itself was fine, though Hayley just destroying the satellite immediately removed all tension from the scene because it was super easy.

Brody, Levi, and Preston pretty much do nothing but hide for fifteen minutes and then have a sterile fight with the World's Greatest White Ninja. Oh, and you can apparently just make a Nexus Star?

The final battle doesn't even let sink in how strong Odious is, because the Rangers just run and hide until Preston uses his Deus Ex magic. Not even trying to use their arsenal and it doesn't work so they have to regroup, Just run and fix the problem no tension.

Then the show just ends. The same scene with Mick (i guess redbot is there?) from last season except he stays now. Dane is still hiding, I think I saw him by the tree. As expected from World's #1 Ninja.
GokaiGold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 11:13 AM #15
> CheckeredRanger
4000 posts of nothing

CheckeredRanger
4000 posts of nothing

I love how the last scene had Hayley cozying with Sarah,not Calvin,who wasn`t standing anywhere near them.I like to believe Calvin screwed up so badly that Hayley decided she wanted a relationship with Sarah.Now I can officially ship Sarah and Hayley.

As for this episode,I give it a 2.75 out of 5.It wasn`t horrible,it was just underwhelming.I guess considering how bad this season has been overall,that`s a compliment.
CheckeredRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 11:26 AM #16
> ⚡ModRn

ModRn

Hayley is the only saving grace of Ninja Steel. Zoe deserves to be plucked out of this turd bucket and gently placed into a better, worthier show. She definitely gave her all and had the most memorable moments in the entire two years.

As for the finale itself...yeah, it sure happened. Mmkay. Now let's get the Christmas special over with.

Hasbro, if your people are snooping around here, please do the exact opposite of everything that was done in Ninja Steel (except Hayley's character).
ModRn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 11:32 AM #17
> SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger

SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger

GreenMystechRanger wrote: View Post

Victor and Monty... killed two main villains. That... really happened.
Well a main villain and Badonna.

Anyway while I feel Preston just kinda magicing them into a Super form was a bit of a cheat the finale was fine.

It won't go down as one of the best finale's of all time but it was alright. There was a good amount of Unmorphed fights and I can't even remember the last time that happened.

Honestly "fine" kind of sums up my feelings on the season. I've defended it a lot but I'll fully admit Ninja Steel is not one of my favorite seasons. It's a fairly bland season all things considered but honestly it doesn't really pass fine. It's watchable I'll probably view it the same as Turbo or Wild Force. Seasons that aren't especially great but got an obscene amount of hate. I'm not saying that if you hated it you're wrong. Far from it of you hated it that's perfectly valid all I'm saying is I really don't think it was worth the constant bashing it received when at worst it was meh.

I don't know that's probably just me but I just don't see what's to legitimately hate about the season.
SonicBlueRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 11:40 AM #18
> SacredWater
Power Ranger

SacredWater
Power Ranger

This was great from beginning to end. Still, if I had my way, Dane would have been more proactive, and even been there for the departure of the Nexus Prism. I'm just glad Mick decided to stay for good.
SacredWater is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 11:48 AM #19
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

SonicBlueRanger wrote: View Post

I don't know that's probably just me but I just don't see what's to legitimately hate about the season.
For me, the only thing to hate is all the missed opportunities. There were so many things they could've done to make this season great and they just didn't. And the result of that is two mostly bland seasons.
Old November 10th, 2018, 11:50 AM #20
> Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

SonicBlueRanger wrote: View Post

Well a main villain and Badonna.
I'd consider Badonna more of a main villain over Cosmo. I know Cosmo essentially filled the role "Monster Maker", but literally nothing he did couldn't of been served by an AI Computer. His job was to push a button. He never even fought any Ranger. At least Levira in Megaforce fought them a couple times in addition to being Chief Enlarging Officer.
Xenotome is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
at least earth survived, clowns save the day, farewell neo-saban, no farts this time, poor zoe, worst father award