Home Menu

Menu

Old July 18th, 2019, 09:01 PM #3701
> GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

Titanium321 wrote: View Post

but because they only gave a little bit of info and a trailer for the rest of the season and beyond as SDCC, they've wasted all this time?
It's because it's not the specific info they wanted.
GokaiGold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2019, 03:11 AM #3702
> RiffRanger
Justice For No One

RiffRanger
Justice For No One

Or, and I know this is crazy, you could read the actual words I said. My problem is the lack of communication. We know nothing. We didn’t know the premier date for Beast Morphers until two weeks before. There was zero promotion for it. We know nothing about what they actually want to do with the brand. They’re doing nothing to build hype. Saban Brands was nothing but hype right out of the gate when they took over. Most of what they said ended up being bullshit but at least they indicated some excitement. We’ve mostly gotten radio silence from Hasbro and when they finally do have a hyped event to reveal their plans, they reveal zero plans. Just “stay tuned” and “no comment.” But hey, that helmet sure is pretty. I wonder how many inexcusable quality control issues people will find once it’s released.
RiffRanger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old July 19th, 2019, 03:18 AM #3703
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

Hasbro just want the audience keep "stay tuned" and "no comment" well i suppose in that way Saban and Disney do better, unless Hasbro just want to do the things in the right way and study a proper style for promored the Power Rangers, i think we should wait a little more because well we ca maybe suppose they gives just the Teaser for the Beast Morphers second half and the Team-up i hope for the Team-up they really promoted more, because will not so good the same which happens in "Dimensions in Danger"
Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2019, 06:05 AM #3704
> FET-Kun
Dude In A Terriermon Suit

FET-Kun

Saban and hype? More like we had very little going on before Saban reacquired the brand. Keep in mind, that it was also around that time, that we as a fandom, were given a small nugget of recognition, and so us older fans began to receive merch specifically catered towards us.

It was an exciting time, what with the Legacy Collection, and then the DVD collections. Not to mention the rumors of the new movie, and of course the BOOM comic series.

But then all that hype started crashing. Suddenly we all wanted more. Bandai started getting called out on their inconsistent quality with the Legacy line, Megaforce was a bust, including the anniversary special. The 2017 movie left fans confused and sort of split on the quality, and then the show hit levels of BAD that it had never seen before.

If you guys don't think, that we're on a pretty damn good upswing right now, I don't know what to say.

Last edited by FET-Kun; July 19th, 2019 at 06:14 AM.
FET-Kun is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old July 19th, 2019, 06:46 AM #3705
> RiffRanger
Justice For No One

RiffRanger
Justice For No One

My point is that all of the improvements we’ve seen (and there have been a lot) have been superficial. The toys look amazing. Hasbro nails design. But their execution is lacking. There are far too many QC issues to be excusable. The designs themselves aren’t consistent. They admitted they don’t make the villain toys with as much articulation because they don’t think kids want that with villain toys. That’s close to the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. I also think it was a huge mistake to delay the release of the main show line Zords. Zords are the only thing that sets Power Rangers apart from any other action figure toyline. They should be prioritized. From what I’ve seen, it’s no different than Beast Morphers. People are blinded by the fact that “it’s better than Ninja Steel” even though that’s not exactly saying a lot. Yes. Hasbro is better than Saban and Bandai but that’s saying very, very little. I’m not impossible to please. I’m very easy to please and when Hasbro gives us something genuinely pleasurable, I will be the first to say so. But so far, they’re giving us a lot of the same issues we’ve had for a long time but in a shinier package and I’m not going to apologize for calling them out on it.
Old July 19th, 2019, 06:51 AM #3706
> megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay

OMG some of ya'll need to like freaking relax. Hasbro is a huge company. They know exactly how to spread the news the way that works for them. This event wasn't chock full o goodies and information. big whoop. let them breathe. this whole purchase thing takes time, i'm sure they have a line up of things to come. Maybe they are waiting for NYCC? maybe they are going to reveal more info on a totally different day that isn't SDCC or NYCC. for the moment, they released wave two and a helmet. how much more money do you need throw at them? maybe they are thinking to spread the wealth over the course of the year to not brankrupt their base. or maybe this is what they want to release for the moment. let them breathe, they know exactly how to do this.
megagao is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2019, 07:46 AM #3707
> JaimeZeo
K, then.

JaimeZeo
K, then.

Riff is entirely right, though. He's got valid points and gives examples as to why that's the case, and as is typical, you can't make valid criticisms of Hasbro's handling of the franchise thus far without getting assaulted with walls of text about how "they haven't had time" or "it's still early days".

Zords not being the focal point of their entire release schedule is insane. Genuinely, utterly insane. That's as someone who doesn't even buy them.
JaimeZeo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2019, 08:05 AM #3708
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

JaimeZeo wrote: View Post

Zords not being the focal point of their entire release schedule is insane. Genuinely, utterly insane. That's as someone who doesn't even buy them.
God forbid they stagger things and have a different release schedule than what we're used to these last 25 years of the same things sitting on shelves for an entire year. It's not like it's a different company with different strategies or anything...

And Zords have been on shelves since the line started, just not the combining ones.
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2019, 08:08 AM #3709
> RiffRanger
Justice For No One

RiffRanger
Justice For No One

The Zords that do nothing and defeat the entire point of releasing Zords. Nailed it.
Old July 19th, 2019, 08:28 AM #3710
> JaimeZeo
K, then.

JaimeZeo
K, then.

Xenotome wrote: View Post

God forbid they stagger things and have a different release schedule than what we're used to these last 25 years of the same things sitting on shelves for an entire year. It's not like it's a different company with different strategies or anything...

And Zords have been on shelves since the line started, just not the combining ones.
Come on: it's a show thats primary drawing factor is transforming heroes using giant combining robots to beat monsters. The fact that that's been the formula that "we're used to for 25 years" is because that's the entire formula. To not go into this thing with that in mind, or at the very least prepared for release, is at the very least a strange business decision, and at the worst a lack of understanding of the brand itself.
JaimeZeo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2019, 09:39 AM #3711
> FET-Kun

FET-Kun

Are we seriously overlooking the simple idea, that a company might have to take time for R&D of a newly acquired IP, before releasing? We're talking about a 1 year turn around on their 1st wave release of toys from acquiring the franchise, give them some time, everyone.

The fact that Hasbro was able to not only give us a great set of main line figures, but a specialized collectors line of figures this quickly, is amazing. They were never going to half ass a Megazord on their first go on this.Aside from the engineering that goes into allowing a chunk of plastic to transform into different forms and still look good, the company has to consider material, gimmicks and so much more, to make sure that it comes in at an affordable price for the consumer.

Bottom line, is that Hasbro is busting ass here and have owned Power Rangers a hot freaking second. You'll get your damn Megazords.
FET-Kun is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2019, 09:56 AM #3712
> RiffRanger
Justice For No One

RiffRanger
Justice For No One

You’re missing the entire point. The mistake was not prioritizing correctly so Zords - both main show line and Lightning - were ready to be out first instead of yet another armored Jason figure and what is - hands down - the worst Morpher toy ever made.

Plus, all of the R&D in the world doesn’t mean a damn thing if they continue to let toys roll off their production lines with the QC issues we’ve already seen.
Old July 19th, 2019, 09:57 AM #3713
> FlameDragon
VIP Ranger

FlameDragon
VIP Ranger

i still think Hasbro is taking its time and settling down with the Power Rangers liscense before going all out with its next season. and also, keep it mind, Hasbro isn't losing money. they have way more brands to push out there. Marvel, Transformers, Star Wars, Nerf and their kid brands like Play Doh and board games. Power Rangers is only their newest property, and it seems like they want to focus on improving the shows before anything else.
FlameDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2019, 10:13 AM #3714
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

^ That is one the reasons for they choise the GB adaptation allow to them focus more in omproving the show, instead of focus in the others projects for the Power Rangers, because they even give a gimmick to the Beast Morphers something Bandai was not done with GB, i suppose with the improving of the show, they going to focus more in the others adaptation, because if they had been choise another Sentai to adapt could had been hard to focus in the toy line and with more huge gimmicks and others adaptation like if they had been choise to adapt Kyuranger, they had to focus more in others elements for the adaptation.
Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2019, 10:31 AM #3715
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

RiffRanger wrote: View Post

Plus, all of the R&D in the world doesn’t mean a damn thing if they continue to let toys roll off their production lines with the QC issues we’ve already seen.
I just don't get why we have to rush our complaints.

Just because some products are bad now doesn't mean they'll stay that way, we just think like that because Bandai trained us to.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2019, 10:42 AM #3716
> RiffRanger
Justice For No One

RiffRanger
Justice For No One

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon wrote: View Post

Just because some products are bad now doesn't mean they'll stay that way, we just think like that because Bandai trained us to.
I’m sorry but this is nonsense. Bad products are never excusable. How much leeway are we supposed to give them? People keep saying how Hasbro is such a big company and they know what they’re doing while in the same breath excusing their mistakes because “THEY NEED MORE TIME!” If they’re such a big, professional company, no, they don’t. They handle brands of all sizes, from way bigger than Power Rangers to way smaller than Power Rangers. Getting their figures to stand up straight shouldn’t be a struggle for them whether they’ve owned the brand for 5 minutes or 50 years.
Old July 19th, 2019, 10:58 AM #3717
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

I’m sorry but this is nonsense. Bad products are never excusable.
BoJ gave us Kyoryuger clips that snapped like tortilla chips, and they have been at the brand since its inception.

Yes, Hasbro are a professional toy company, but stuff happens for a number of reasons. There's a difference between "I wish this could have been handled better" and "These people clearly have no idea what they're doing". That's the leeway we're supposed to give them, if it's truly warranted it'll stay that way.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2019, 11:12 AM #3718
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

Or, and I know this is crazy, you could read the actual words I said. My problem is the lack of communication. We know nothing. We didn’t know the premier date for Beast Morphers until two weeks before. There was zero promotion for it. We know nothing about what they actually want to do with the brand. They’re doing nothing to build hype. Saban Brands was nothing but hype right out of the gate when they took over. Most of what they said ended up being bullshit but at least they indicated some excitement. We’ve mostly gotten radio silence from Hasbro and when they finally do have a hyped event to reveal their plans, they reveal zero plans. Just “stay tuned” and “no comment.” But hey, that helmet sure is pretty. I wonder how many inexcusable quality control issues people will find once it’s released.
What do you need to know exactly that they don't already tell you? What did Saban tell you that Hasbro hasn't? Hasbro's already made all their statements when it began, do you need them to come back and repeat themselves again every couple of months?

How is that BM trailer with the final reveal not hype building? How is pushing their new line, using their Pulse system to get you SDCC exclusives too, not hype building? What do you need for hype to be built? This is a rather confusing complaint that seems to not so much ignore context so far but claim "that doesn't count." So is it that what information we've been given isn't enough or that it isn't what you want, or rather as much as you wanted?

megagao wrote: View Post

OMG some of ya'll need to like freaking relax. Hasbro is a huge company. They know exactly how to spread the news the way that works for them. This event wasn't chock full o goodies and information. big whoop. let them breathe. this whole purchase thing takes time, i'm sure they have a line up of things to come. Maybe they are waiting for NYCC? maybe they are going to reveal more info on a totally different day that isn't SDCC or NYCC. for the moment, they released wave two and a helmet. how much more money do you need throw at them? maybe they are thinking to spread the wealth over the course of the year to not brankrupt their base. or maybe this is what they want to release for the moment. let them breathe, they know exactly how to do this.
Hell, look at their other panels and news, Hasbro doesn't use SDCC for big news bits. They prefer toy specific conventions or actual licensing events for that kind of release.

JaimeZeo wrote: View Post

Riff is entirely right, though. He's got valid points and gives examples as to why that's the case, and as is typical, you can't make valid criticisms of Hasbro's handling of the franchise thus far without getting assaulted with walls of text about how "they haven't had time" or "it's still early days".
Having a valid criticism doesn't make the idea "give them time" invalid though. The valid criticism is valid, but so is the response of "they've just started, give them time". They don't negate each other.

Considering how zords had been shelf warming for the last few years, it's probably more of a slow build water testing tactic. Especially when they have so much time to fill before the holiday season. Summer is a dead zone for new toys, Hasbro knows this better than anyone. When the show picks back up, expect to see the missing zord product. This is most likely primarily a Bandai's contract ending based issue.

You’re missing the entire point. The mistake was not prioritizing correctly so Zords - both main show line and Lightning - were ready to be out first instead of yet another armored Jason figure and what is - hands down - the worst Morpher toy ever made.
Lightning handling zords is going to be slow. It almost has to be given how Legacy isn't exactly that old and they'd just be redoing existing product for collector's. It's a small pocket of a small market, but they'll get there eventually. There's not really anything showing it as a mistake either, not a preferred start for many yes, but a mistake would mean none of it was selling and that's just not true.

Plus think of it this way, they can release more individual rangers cheaper and in higher quantities than combining more complex zord toys that would cost quite a bit more. It works out for them to get more product moving first, and it works out for the collector to be able start a collection easier and cheaper than going straight to the sometimes triple digit priced combined robot figures going by Legacy's line.

Also the 2017 Movie Morpher toy exists...

It's funny to talk QC issues as if that's a new thing for PR, especially coming out of Bandai. I know you're not actually saying its a new thing or have some response to that, I'm just poking fun at quality control in Power Rangers history.

FlameDragon wrote: View Post

i still think Hasbro is taking its time and settling down with the Power Rangers liscense before going all out with its next season. and also, keep it mind, Hasbro isn't losing money. they have way more brands to push out there. Marvel, Transformers, Star Wars, Nerf and their kid brands like Play Doh and board games. Power Rangers is only their newest property, and it seems like they want to focus on improving the shows before anything else.
Not to mention there is still a lot of Bandai product out there that Hasbro needs to get off shelves and out of backstock so they can take up the full shelf space they now own.

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon wrote: View Post

Well, we are known for our impatience as a fandom.

I’m sorry but this is nonsense. Bad products are never excusable. How much leeway are we supposed to give them? People keep saying how Hasbro is such a big company and they know what they’re doing while in the same breath excusing their mistakes because “THEY NEED MORE TIME!” If they’re such a big, professional company, no, they don’t. They handle brands of all sizes, from way bigger than Power Rangers to way smaller than Power Rangers. Getting their figures to stand up straight shouldn’t be a struggle for them whether they’ve owned the brand for 5 minutes or 50 years.
Realistically, we should give them at least more than a wave's worth of time. Also, it's not excusing mistakes as much as not seeing the same thing as a mistake that you are or at least seeing the logic behind it even if we disagree with them doing it.

No one is saying look the other way on a bad product, but rather "is it a bad product and how do you qualify that" the question that should be asked.

Last edited by Titanium321; July 19th, 2019 at 11:17 AM.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2019, 11:18 AM #3719
> RiffRanger
Justice For No One

RiffRanger
Justice For No One

The movie morpher was better. It at least had sound effects like every other morpher toy ever. This new one is pathetically bad. It looks like a Happy Meal toy. I feel sorry for it. It didn’t mean to be so bad. It was made that way.
Old July 19th, 2019, 11:28 AM #3720
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

The movie morpher was better. It at least had sound effects like every other morpher toy ever. This new one is pathetically bad. It looks like a Happy Meal toy. I feel sorry for it. It didn’t mean to be so bad. It was made that way.
What kind of Happy Meals are you finding that quality of toy in? Is this like a fancy rich person gated community McDonald's? Also did I get a special magic version of the toy that makes sound effects and no one else did?
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote