Home Menu

Menu

View Poll Results: How does this anniversary rate?
1 - Bad 17 5.38%
1 - Bad
17 5.38%
2 - Poor 30 9.49%
2 - Poor
30 9.49%
3 - Fair 62 19.62%
3 - Fair
62 19.62%
4 - Good 110 34.81%
4 - Good
110 34.81%
5 - Excellent 97 30.70%
5 - Excellent
97 30.70%
Votes: 316. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 28th, 2018, 05:45 PM #21
> tavionjackson
Power Ranger

tavionjackson
Power Ranger

I enjoyed it. Tommy and Kat are together(they were holding hands in the end) and have a kid. They explained the different dimensions. Tommy has a new morpher, master morpher, that allows him to go between forms. The white ranger form represents both the white tiger and falcon, doing both calls. The only form Tommy didnít use was turbo. Might be the reason Kat was turbo pink. The falcon zord appearing was unexpected. All in all, Iím very happy about this episode.
tavionjackson is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:45 PM #22
> zjranger
#SavingTennis1BallAtATime

zjranger
#SavingTennis1BallAtATime

I think confirmation of things about Tommy's relations this episode is to be put in "Soul of the Dragon".
zjranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:45 PM #23
> Arectaris Returned
Power Ranger

Arectaris Returned
Power Ranger

So, let me just get these questions out of the way.

"How do the MMPR/Turbo power still exist?"
"Wasn't the Falconzord sent back to Ninjor's temple?"
"Why is Gemma's personality different?"

Okay, so with that out of the way, I really did try to like this. But it's just a really poor episode. The biggest problem, as I see it, is that this shouldn't have been a 30 minute episode. This should have been at least two episodes, if not three to four. Most of the returning rangers were nothing more than backdrop. Antonio said... Maybe 10 words? TJ had maybe three or four lines? Gia had... a few? Even worse, everything happened too fast, and the fact that the robo ranger army went out about as quickly as Thrax really took away from the supposed "menace" they were portrayed to be.

I honestly can't wait for Beast Morphers to start.
Arectaris Returned is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:46 PM #24
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

It's a ninja steel episode so it's still pretty bad, but in a generic kind of bad more than anything. Music is godawful and nearly ruined it all for me.

Ninninger summer movie was probably my least liked summer movie I have seen so it being here didn't do anything for me.

I felt like the "fake Tommy" was pointless as it seemed to be included just to have the Tommy wanking.

No Preston/Koda combo? For shame.

Falconzord was a neat surprise.

Perhaps I blinked and missed it, but I don't recall seeing white dino ranger fight.

I honestly thought I heard Gia say "that's it for Jayden" at the end.

Tommy and Kat holding hands at the end was cute.
Allio is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:46 PM #25
> Stevie H
IIconic Rider

Stevie H
IIconic Rider

They should have done a 2 parter surely. All this sounds too much for a 22 min show.

I haven't seen the episode yet, but saw the team up morph and it just feels so rushed. Forever Red, Space/Galaxy, NT/DT got it so right but that morph looks so rushed.
Stevie H is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:47 PM #26
> RiffRanger
Justice For No One

RiffRanger
Justice For No One

It was great until it wasnít. They crammed a 15-minute climax into about 6 minutes. If they had a two-parter to work with, it would have been perfect. I loved all of the elements, they just didnít have enough room to work properly.
RiffRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:47 PM #27
> Primal Slayer
Power Ranger

Primal Slayer
Power Ranger

It was such a let down. Everyone who returned who wasnt Tommy was lucky if they got 1 word in. There was no reason for them to be there because they did absolutely nothing, maybe they shot a gun? That's all. Wes is the ONLY one to even have an exchange with Tommy, Kat who may or may not be his wife? Didnt even speak to him or stand next to him. Rocky didnt even speak to Kat OR Tommy and they know each other FOREVER. TJ....did he even speak? And Trent came out of nowhere.

Sure it was cool to see Tommy morph a million times to his different forms for no good reason and he got the TINIEST of development so that was somewhat nice.

Villain was forgettable and I watch Power Rangers very off and on nowadays but wow I feel like they dumbed things down.

For the big 25 it wasn't worthy.
Primal Slayer is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:48 PM #28
> ShishiRanger
Heavenly Phantom Star

ShishiRanger
Heavenly Phantom Star

I think this episode was pretty good, at least for a Ninja Steel episode. Love how they addressed that Gemma + Koda are from different dimensions., and I especially love the fact that Gemma was one of the rangers that was given more focus. The focus on Tommy was kind of annoying, but I saw it coming. Also, that fight between him and his clone was actually pretty cool. The fight between Lord Drayven (or however you spell his name) and the Ninja rangers, despite taking time away from the returning rangers, was also pretty good too(even though it was a lot of sentai footage). Still kind of upset that the other 6 rangers were given like two lines each, and were unconscious for 2/3rds of the episode. Was hoping for a morphing sequence/roll call but y'know, gotta make room for time. The fight scene was only like 3-4 minutes, but I personally think it was really good. The falconzord was bad CGI but it was nice to see a returning zord, and for Drayven to be killed with the weapon he was planning on using. Brody's "that was epic" at the end of the episode was still kind of annoying.
All in all, this was a pretty good episode! Obviously, some things could've been better, and the episode would've really benefitted from being a two-parter, but I'm okay with what we got.
ShishiRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:48 PM #29
> TFDUDE
Not an upsidedown blaster

TFDUDE
Not an upsidedown blaster

Was hoping for Dinomaru.
Got god damn FALCONZORD!!

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. Great battles, all the guests had a moment to shine, previous lore confirmation, Tommy Vs. Tomminator (I'ma borrow that if you don't mind, GreenMystech), mother####ing FALCONZ-

finally breaths

Not what I'd consider a perfect episode (still kinda wish they brought Dinomaru in, even if the toy goes Sub Surfer), and it could've benefitted greatly with another 20 minutes, but I feel this lived up to the hype.
TFDUDE is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:48 PM #30
> Brown Ranger
Que Boom!

Brown Ranger
Que Boom!

I want that Master Morpher. And FalconZord? That was more epic.
Brown Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:48 PM #31
> KRDK
Nobody's Perfect

KRDK
Nobody's Perfect

I still think that all the older rangers that appeared are from the main timeline.
KRDK is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:48 PM #32
> Scratch62788
ONORE EVOLTO!!!

Scratch62788
ONORE EVOLTO!!!

Am I the only one who doesnít have criticisms of the episode?
Scratch62788 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:48 PM #33
> BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

When the outline of a Ranger came speeding across the bridge, I got my hopes up that it was Phantom Ranger and they'd somehow kept that a surprise for the audience. Invisible Tommy was cool, but the episode was lots of fan service anyway, so bringing in Phantom (and maybe revealing his identity) 20 years later wouldn't have felt too out of place.

But, yeah, overall a lot of fun. A better group morph would have been nice, and the Ninninger footage felt like filler, but still a really good 22 minutes.
BigMDtheSequel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:48 PM #34
> Me>>>>You
Power Ranger

Me>>>>You
Power Ranger

I voted a 3. It was rushed and left some unanswered continuity questions, which seems to happen with every anniversary team up, but overall it was enjoyable. They did not drop the ball like they did with that garbage megaforce team up. Power rangers would actually be a decent show again going forward if every episode was of this quality.
Me>>>>You is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:48 PM #35
> Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

And don't forget, there's apparently been an extended version rumor swirling around the web too. They reportedly filmed A LOT! I did enjoy the cameo by the Ninninger base.
Xenotome is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:49 PM #36
> Primal Slayer
Power Ranger

Primal Slayer
Power Ranger

Stevie H wrote: View Post

They should have done a 2 parter surely. All this sounds too much for a 22 min show.

I haven't seen the episode yet, but saw the team up morph and it just feels so rushed. Forever Red, Space/Galaxy, NT/DT got it so right but that morph looks so rushed.
It was so rushed that everyone returning didnt even get to shout out their morphing phrases or even get a real morph.
Primal Slayer is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:50 PM #37
> GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

That was... fine? I thought the first like ten minutes were fun. Fun nods and a clear stance on the universe. Wes got to lead to the charge. The Ninninger footage was great, though a little too much. The action was a step up in general. Not sure why this isn't the norm in terms of scale and angles. Then the episode kind of went overboard with Tommy.

I'll admit the brief scene with the Master Morpher was cool, but Tommy's stuff came at the expense of everyone else. A lot of generic dialogue with no character. There were no special bits with characters like Tommy and Trent, Kat and Tommy, etc. so the other Rangers kind of did nothing. They all sit back and cower while Tommy saves the day with the Falcon Zord. This really needed an hour. And that instant morph; just disappointing.

Also, JDF's acting as evil was super weak. I know he can do better than that. So overall just okay for me. Way better than Legendary and Ninja Steel's best episode. An episode where I can actually agree that is the case. Still kind of a bummer towards the end.
GokaiGold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:50 PM #38
> shoujoaifan01
Power Ranger

shoujoaifan01
Power Ranger

......I'm actually enjoying a SNS episode, and its not iro nicallly. Its NOT ironically.

I mean, its not perfect, but its pleasantly competent in having old & new rangers fight together, everyone had lines (THAT should not be a standard worth noting, thanks SMF!), and a killer "WTF Thats Awesome" in the Falcon Zord ( and by this show's standards the CGI looked good) with moooost of the Ninninger movie scenes leading to a sense of greater budget (excluding the ninja kite scenes.

Was there weaknesses? Sure, Tommy focus was just barely kept to mangeable levels, there was barely a chance for the captured rangers to strut their stuff or interact, and the Falconzord saves the final fight due to its shortness.

Honestly should've been a 2 parner

Still, it was FUN, included a lot of references to the old seasons that was done in ways that shouldn't be too confusing to the actual kids watching, and yeah, they didn't need to, but they went ahead and confirmed there's at least THREE separate ranger universes, ANNNNNNNNNNND confirmed Ninja Steel takes place in the "main" verse.

It was probably, if not definitely the weakest of crossovers not named COTRR, but it was good for what it was, the first truly un-ironically enjoyable Ninja Steel episods, and perhaps, if Beast Machines does rise to the occassion, the hopefully later crossovers in later seasons will do the same.

It was not as epic as it could be, but it WAS epic, and right now its what we needed.Besides, a complaints were made, if not irrelevant, than more than bareable by.......

BobbyDrake2000 wrote: View Post

I was NOT expecting to see Rocky, especially as the MMPR Red Ranger. That alone puts this episode into a high rating for me.
Amen brother. They probably couldn't get ASJ back, but screw it, it's the first bone he's gotten since the 90s, let alone recognized as the legitimate MMPR Red heir. Love Live Rocky!
shoujoaifan01 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:51 PM #39
> QueenBee9
Power Ranger

QueenBee9
Power Ranger

Truly this was much better and miles above the previous anniversary episode in Super Megaforce. I liked the fact that there were representatives for each dimension, mainly Koda for Dino Charge, Gemma for RPM, and Wes for the universe where all other Ranger teams, including Super Ninja Steel, exist. I think it was a benefit to focus on these three and Tommy for the benefit of the story. It was nice to see Kat in an anniversary episode finally. They made some good choices in who they chose to bring back. Love that the Falconzord came back and helped save the day. That being said, there were a few things that kept me from giving the episode an excellent rating.

- I would have loved if at the end Kat and Tommy had hugged or shown affection to each other. The feeling I got was one of straight up pleutonic, and that's not being critical, its just saying that I wasn't convinced there was a relationship connection. And maybe it was meant to feel that way.

- I was perplexed by the fact that Tommy didn't utilize the Red Turbo powers. Once again, a nitpick, and maybe its because Kat was the Pink Turbo Ranger, but if he had a Master Morpher, I would have expected him to use the Turbo powers briefly.

- Are we to assume Tommy is the only one with the Master Morpher, and that this will get used during the Soul of the Dragon graphic novel?

- My biggest gripe was for Gia not to use her Super Megaforce power and become other Yellow Rangers. Maybe something that will appear in an extended version, but just my own personal preference.

Overall, a well done episode. Makes me have hope that the 30th will be just as good.
QueenBee9 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:51 PM #40
> thunderzordpower
Power Ranger

thunderzordpower
Power Ranger

Just read up but not seen. Wow, the falconzord?! Anybody have screenshots? And when Tommy morphed into season 3 white ranger, did he say "White ranger power" ?
thunderzordpower is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
forever tommy, it didn't suck, it's spelt draven. no y!, it's the tommy show!, it...wasn't megaforce, jdf vs his ego, ninja steal the spotlight, that was awesome, tomminator, tommy and the other guys, tommy in danger, tommy is the greatest, tommy tommy tommy, tommy tommy tommy tommy, tommy=jdf, too much tommy