Home Menu

Menu

View Poll Results: How does this anniversary rate?
1 - Bad 17 5.38%
1 - Bad
17 5.38%
2 - Poor 30 9.49%
2 - Poor
30 9.49%
3 - Fair 62 19.62%
3 - Fair
62 19.62%
4 - Good 110 34.81%
4 - Good
110 34.81%
5 - Excellent 97 30.70%
5 - Excellent
97 30.70%
Votes: 316. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 27th, 2018, 02:06 PM #1
> ⚡GreenNinja
Ninja of the Future

GreenNinja
Ninja of the Future

Power Rangers Super Ninja Steel: Episode 30 - "Dimensions in Danger"

Dimensions in Danger
Airs: Tuesday, August 28th @ 8:00 PM on Nick

Your teams say hi.

---Standard Episode Discussion Rules---

1) Do NOT ask for downloads. Saban Brands does not want us posting episode encodes here, so you're not allowed to talk about them at all. You will be warned at first, but repeated asking will result in an infraction. Episodes go live legally on Nick's website in the US, and can be watched there. (You can use a proxy/VPN to watch them overseas.)

2) The thread will remain closed until the episode finishes airing. We do this to prevent play-by-play discussion. You'd be amazed to see how large a thread can get when everyone and their mother decides to post about each individual line dialogue or action of an individual. They threads can be tricky to navigate and we don't need them to be even trickier with tons of extra pages at the beginning. Rest assured that within a couple of minutes of the credits rolling the thread will be opened for all.

Note: If two new episodes air back-to-back there will be one thread opened at the conclusion of the second episode.

3) Do NOT start another thread. There is one thread for each episode. It will be created by a moderator and stickied to the top of the page prior to the episode airing so that it can be quickly opened for discussion. In the off chance that we are late or you're just too antsy to talk about the episode, please do not start another thread. It will be closed immediately and you will most likely receive an infraction.

4) Expect Spoilers It's going to happen folks, it's an episode discussion.
Spoilers are to be expected for Ninja Steel episodes, summaries, descriptions, cast list, and more. What we get about Power Rangers Ninja Steel is fair game.
However if you wish to talk about what happens in Ninninger episodes not yet adapted by Ninja Steel, then you need to go use the Super Sentai of the Past thread to do so. No bringing up episodes that have only aired overseas, either. Use the international discussion thread for that, and stick to this episode.

If there are any further questions by all means ask away.
GreenNinja is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:30 PM #2
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

That. Was. Awesome!

Tommy and Kat have a kid, the rangers went to Reefside, they've confirmed what teams are in another dimension, Mick has actually taught the current rangers about the past rangers, Drayvon replaced Tommy with the Tomminator (which is exactly what I'll be calling that thing from now on) right at the beginning, and the rangers jump to another dimension. And that was all before the first break. They jumped right into the plot without wasting time, and that's exactly what they needed to do.

And the fight scenes... even when it wasn't Ninninger footage (which was also awesome), it was awesome to watch. Tommy, Wes, Gemma, and Koda freeing the other rangers was short, but awesome. And of course, I'm kinda sick of Tommy, but him switching between all his ranger forms was one of the most awesome Power Ranger fights since Saban got the show back. That was amazing. (Also, I'm pretty sure Preston saying "Easy!" like that was a Ninninger reference, and I can't even be mad) The big fight was short, but sweet. We got to see some awesome ranger matchups. And Tommy used the FALCCONZORD! Yeah, Tommy got a badass saving the day moment... but again, it was a BADASS saving the day moment.

This might be the best anniversary special, honestly. It gives us updates on some of the past rangers, it has awesome battles, and nobody really feels pushed to the side. And of course, AWESOME BATTLES. I was seriously surprised about how good this was. I finally agree with Brody. That was epic.

One complaint, they didn't reference Koda and Preston being played by brothers. That's a nitpick yeah, but it's worth mentioning.
AkaGreen is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:31 PM #3
> ⚡GreenNinja
Ninja of the Future

GreenNinja
Ninja of the Future

So that was about 40% Ninninger movie, 10% everyone who isn't Tommy, and 50% praising Tommy as the greatest.

The Church of Oliver was a joke, dammit.

It wasn't THAT bad, but it had some weird decisions. And you call that a group morph?
GreenNinja is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:31 PM #4
> HOW1215
Power Ranger

HOW1215
Power Ranger

In the words of Brody: "NOW THAT WAS EPIC!"
HOW1215 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:32 PM #5
> BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

I was NOT expecting to see Rocky, especially as the MMPR Red Ranger. That alone puts this episode into a high rating for me.
BobbyDrake2000 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:33 PM #6
> FreshMaker
Power Ranger

FreshMaker
Power Ranger

One of the best episodes in 25 years.

Nice lore/callbacks and production value.
FreshMaker is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:33 PM #7
> ZeoGoldRanger
Black thunder ranger

ZeoGoldRanger
Black thunder ranger

It was good.. just too damn short. It felt so rushed. I was hoping at one point we would get a cliffhanger two parter . I love the mega morpher, love the appearance of the falconzord. Good plot though i think this would have made a fantastic possibility for a certain lord to have popped up.

Some of the rangers definitely age better than others.. I didnt recognize trent at first and rocky.. poor guy.

Still loved seeing the episode though and I made a point to be here for it.
ZeoGoldRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:34 PM #8
> Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

I love it so much.
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:36 PM #9
> Tanavar
Power Ranger

Tanavar
Power Ranger

Tommywank the episode...

Which was exactly what I wanted!

I missed the stinger though, did they confirm Tommy and Kat were together in it?
Tanavar is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:36 PM #10
> BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

I...I'm at a loss for words. I went in disappointed. Got my hopes up when it started out good....and then shit just came crashing down at the end, thoroughly crushing my hopes. This episode somehow turned out better AND worse than I expected.
BlueMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:38 PM #11
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

Tanavar wrote: View Post

Tommywank the episode...

Which was exactly what I wanted!

I missed the stinger though, did they confirm Tommy and Kat were together in it?
They were holding hands at the end, I think.
AkaGreen is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:39 PM #12
> OhStarryNight
Power Ranger

OhStarryNight
Power Ranger

This was really fun. Too much of Tommy, not enough of everyone else. Plus that underwhelming group morph...

Still, I enjoyed the hell out of this. Go Go, Power Rangers!
OhStarryNight is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:40 PM #13
> Setherz
Power Ranger

Setherz
Power Ranger

Felt a little too rushed, could have easily been a two parter. Though I can't complain too loudly.
Setherz is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:40 PM #14
> RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

That was fucking phenomenal.

There were a lot of questions about the mechanics of this episode that needed answering, and the worldbuilding and such was done deftly and efficiently. In fact, efficient is the name of the game when you’re writing a half hour episode.

Tommy and Kat? Married with a kid. Tommy’s switching powers? He has a special morpher. How do the other rangers still have the powers at issue? They were plucked out of time and their actors have aged gracefully.

Must’ve been traumatic for Kat to have been kidnapped by “Tommy,” but they didn’t go there.

Not even DinoThunder remembered Tommy had invisibility until the writers needed to remember.

I’m glad everybody had lines or some kind of moment. The appearances felt like they meant something, not like Legendary Battle, where their presence didn’t really have an impact.

I liked that, though Tommy is revered by all the rangers, it’s the Wes-led trio, not Tommy, who brings the Ninja Steels into it.

The episode slows down a bit to burn footage, but it’s for a purpose. It’s not like how Once A Ranger suffered for its use of unrelated footage and focus on the OO rangers sulking.

The climax was a bit rushed. I was watching the clock and thinking uh they’re going to have a lot to get out of the way in these five minutes. Each chunk of battle only got maybe a couple shots and that was it, then the group blasters, but that big finish with the Falconzord was just *chef’s kiss* Would’ve liked to hear its squawk but that library is probably lost to time.

All in all, this is the best reunion moment of any kind since at least Thunder Storm.
RitoRevolto is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:40 PM #15
> ZeoGoldRanger
Black thunder ranger

ZeoGoldRanger
Black thunder ranger

GreenMystechRanger wrote: View Post

Yea I caught that. As they jumped through the portal.
ZeoGoldRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:41 PM #16
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

It was better than expected, but the pacing was whack. I wish there was less exposition in the first third, and more fighting in the back half. I don’t even mind the quick resolution, it’s one episode, but I wish there was less talk about arrows, less Sentai footage, and more retro Rangers.

The original fight scenes was brilliant. The wirework feels like the stuff we were getting mid-Disney, and it’s sorely missed.

Odd for them to exposit about invisiblity, but not address super-speed. Meh.

The glowing eyes on Robo-Tommy were amazing.

“Master Morpher” makes Tommy a Morphing Master

GREEN RANGER POWER! is no longer the stuff of fanon!! That's so nifty.
Zeo Cereal is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:41 PM #17
> KRDK
Nobody's Perfect

KRDK
Nobody's Perfect

As someone who has a severe distaste for Tommy, I have no problems here. He actually did something other than look cool. Just wish it was longer and an honest group morph as well. Seeing Steve and Kat back on TV for the first time in 20 years warmed my heart.
KRDK is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:43 PM #18
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Yes they were holding hands.

So I didn't think it was too bad. Everybody got to speak, even if some seemed to speak more when morphed than not. Still, from now on, they need to make these things more than just one episode.

Best part though? No Victor and Monty.
Storm Eagle is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:43 PM #19
> OmniMystechRanger
SPECIAL MODERATOR, LORD, MASTER & BOSS OF STUPID UGLY FACE: GREENBEASTFIST & HASSO PRIMO

OmniMystechRanger
SPECIAL MODERATOR, LORD, MASTER & BOSS OF STUPID UGLY FACE: GREENBEASTFIST & HASSO PRIMO

I liked this episode cause we had almost every morph tommy did except for 2 the whiteninjetti an redturbo one!
OmniMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:44 PM #20
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Okay, while I'm a fan of Tommy and all, it did feel really weird. Like the NSt rangers knowing who Tommy was, and hell knowing Wes. I mean they passed it off as Mick having told them about past rangers but still... And then Wes' comment about how of course everyone would trust Tommy. It was a little much. Did enjoy the Tommytrix(and screw it, still calling it that!), that was fun. And the Falconzord back was neat since we generally don't get old zords in team ups.

Everything went too fast though, just like Forever Red. I mean I knew it was going to given it was just an episode, but I really wish they'd learn. Hopefully if Hasbro still has PR at the 30th or 35th maybe they'll do another special and actually make it like a hour long. Just give some time. I mean the other rangers were basically just there. And while cool seeing Kat, Trent, Rocky, and TJ it just wasn't enough. It wasn't a bad episode, and was still fun in it's way, but I'm also not surprised by how things turned out.

Oh, and am I the only one who watched that last battle hoping one of the rangers would've hit one of the other rangers by accident mistaking them for a robot in such a chaotic and colorful melee? I really wanted that gag and was sad it never happened.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
forever tommy, it didn't suck, it's spelt draven. no y!, it's the tommy show!, it...wasn't megaforce, jdf vs his ego, ninja steal the spotlight, that was awesome, tomminator, tommy and the other guys, tommy in danger, tommy is the greatest, tommy tommy tommy, tommy tommy tommy tommy, tommy=jdf, too much tommy