Home Menu

Menu


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 30th, 2013, 06:51 AM #81
ItsMorphinTime's Avatar
> ItsMorphinTime
Unofficial A*TEENS member
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,290
ItsMorphinTime
Unofficial A*TEENS member
ItsMorphinTime's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,290



Wow, that Galaxy Pink fan art is terrifying.
ItsMorphinTime is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2013, 07:29 AM #82
mmprfan09's Avatar
> mmprfan09
One In A Million
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,618
mmprfan09
One In A Million
mmprfan09's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,618



Lita Maivia wrote: View Post

Oh my God. Thank you. The hard-on this board has for Jen makes me dislike her more than I already did just watching Time Force.
I just think she gets way to much hype.

Hell, are people even forgettting that Kimberley too led the team sometimes?
mmprfan09 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2013, 01:41 PM #83
UltimatePRFan's Avatar
> UltimatePRFan
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,343
UltimatePRFan
Power Ranger
UltimatePRFan's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,343



Yeah, you're really comparing apples and oranges, because Jen was an adult with years of police training, whereas Kim was just a high school girl thrown a totally over-the-top situation.. I guess if you like your PR more serious (like TF or RPM), then Jen would be your fave, but Kim will always be mine because I think PR should be about teens saving the world, not grown-ups.
UltimatePRFan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2013, 11:55 AM #84
dragonzordpower123's Avatar
> dragonzordpower123
You have failed this city
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,901
dragonzordpower123
You have failed this city
dragonzordpower123's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,901



UltimatePRFan wrote: View Post

Yeah, you're really comparing apples and oranges, because Jen was an adult with years of police training, whereas Kim was just a high school girl thrown a totally over-the-top situation.. I guess if you like your PR more serious (like TF or RPM), then Jen would be your fave, but Kim will always be mine because I think PR should be about teens saving the world, not grown-ups.
Well technically, none of the power rangers were teenagers...
dragonzordpower123 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2013, 11:58 AM #85
OnlyTrueFan's Avatar
> OnlyTrueFan
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,236
OnlyTrueFan
Power Ranger
OnlyTrueFan's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,236



dragonzordpower123 wrote: View Post

Well technically, none of the power rangers were teenagers...
I don't know what you talking about. If you're talking about real life, there have been teens. The first? Austin St. John.
OnlyTrueFan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2013, 12:00 PM #86
dragonzordpower123's Avatar
> dragonzordpower123
You have failed this city
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,901
dragonzordpower123
You have failed this city
dragonzordpower123's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,901



OnlyTrueFan wrote: View Post

I don't know what you talking about. If you're talking about real life, there have been teens. The first? Austin St. John.
Well, 19 still is considered an adult.

But I guess it can go either way.
dragonzordpower123 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2013, 01:42 PM #87
Crazy Davey's Avatar
> Crazy Davey
I'm Batman
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 10,938
Crazy Davey
I'm Batman
Crazy Davey's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 10,938



mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

I just think she gets way to much hype.

Hell, are people even forgettting that Kimberley too led the team sometimes?

Right... because Jen leading the team is the only reason people can like her character.

We all just got different opinions. The majority likes Jen because we think she's a more interesting character then most Pink Rangers, personality & backstory wise. You don't have to agree with the majority, but don't think it's just because she was a leader.
Crazy Davey is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2013, 04:05 PM #88
Snubblebunny's Avatar
> Snubblebunny
Power Ranger
 
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 44
Snubblebunny
Power Ranger
Snubblebunny's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 44



dragonzordpower123 wrote: View Post

Except for, ya know, Jen.
And Syd :-p
Snubblebunny is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2013, 01:42 AM #89
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 82,408
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 82,408



Crazy Davey wrote: View Post

The majority likes Jen because we think she's a more interesting character then most Pink Rangers, personality & backstory wise. You don't have to agree with the majority, but don't think it's just because she was a leader.
Yeah, her being a badass who went all Tony Jaa on a warehouse full of Cyclobots sticks out to me way more than her position as team leader.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2013, 04:24 AM #90
ZeoForce's Avatar
> ZeoForce
Power Rangers ZE-O~!
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 756
ZeoForce
Power Rangers ZE-O~!
ZeoForce's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 756



dragonzordpower123 wrote: View Post

Well, 19 still is considered an adult.

But I guess it can go either way.
If they filmed MMPR in 1993, he was 18 and only turned 19 once the show started airing. But I remember in AJJ's interview with NPS, she said they actually started in 1992, so he even could have been 17. Thuy and JDF were 19 too. Hardly the worst case of adults being too old to play teenagers, since the Rangers were supposed to be seniors originally.
ZeoForce is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2013, 12:16 PM #91
AJgreenranger's Avatar
> AJgreenranger
Power Ranger
 
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 44
AJgreenranger
Power Ranger
AJgreenranger's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 44



amy jo johnson is the only pink ranger there will ever be

when you think pink you think amy jo
AJgreenranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2013, 12:28 PM #92
Long Time Newbie's Avatar
> Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,253
Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger
Long Time Newbie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,253



AJgreenranger wrote: View Post

amy jo johnson is the only pink ranger there will ever be
Aside from Kat, Cassie, Kendrix, Karone, Dana, Jen, Syd, Vida, Rose, Mia and whoever the current one is.

when you think pink you think amy jo
Some people might I suppose. When you think pink you might think of Amy Jo, but that doesn't mean everyone else does too.

Also, if you mean Kimberly, please say Kimberly. I was my understanding that the inability of fans to seperate actors from their characters is what leads them to hate their fandoms.
Long Time Newbie is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2013, 01:07 PM #93
GoldAnyRanger's Avatar
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 12,217
eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms
GoldAnyRanger's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 12,217
eBay



Long Time Newbie wrote: View Post

Aside from Kat, Cassie, Kendrix, Karone, Dana, Jen, Syd, Vida, Rose, Mia and whoever the current one is.
Emma
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2013, 01:25 PM #94
Long Time Newbie's Avatar
> Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,253
Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger
Long Time Newbie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,253



GoldAnyRanger wrote: View Post

Emma
Good to know.

I'm sure if I get to actually see it I'll remember her.

In my attempt to avoid major spoilers (like potential villain relationships to rangers and the fine details of the anniversary specials), I'd also somehow avoided the minor ones like their names, which proved problematic when writing my last post.
Long Time Newbie is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2013, 01:29 PM #95
Big_Pun's Avatar
> Big_Pun
Banned
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,126
Big_Pun
Banned
Big_Pun's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,126



AJgreenranger wrote: View Post

amy jo johnson is the only pink ranger there will ever be
Except she's not.

And the more you continue to promote this blind, myopic, staunchly defiant viewpoint, no one here is going to take your opinions very seriously.
Big_Pun is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2013, 01:35 PM #96
Judge Joker's Avatar
> Judge Joker
Goodbye, bro!
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 15,992
4
Judge Joker
Goodbye, bro!
Judge Joker's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 15,992
4



AJgreenranger wrote: View Post

when you think pink you think amy jo
Don't tell me what I think. Thanks.
Judge Joker is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2013, 01:51 PM #97
BigMDtheSequel's Avatar
> BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,908
BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger
BigMDtheSequel's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,908



AJgreenranger wrote: View Post

when you think pink you think amy jo
Not the first thing I think of when I think pink, no, but if she offered, I'd take a stab at it.
BigMDtheSequel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2013, 04:28 PM #98
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 82,408
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 82,408



AJgreenranger wrote: View Post

amy jo johnson is the only pink ranger there will ever be
Because she was first, and most people stopped watching before she left.

Is your point that the rest of us should have gone with them and agree with you?

Long Time Newbie wrote: View Post

Aside from Kat, Cassie, Kendrix, Karone, Dana, Jen, Syd, Vida, Rose, Mia and whoever the current one is.
The funny part is that actually helped to bolster his point.

BigMDtheSequel wrote: View Post

Not the first thing I think of when I think pink, no, but if she offered, I'd take a stab at it.
Without doubt one of the best comebacks I've ever read.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2013, 04:46 PM #99
Long Time Newbie's Avatar
> Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,253
Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger
Long Time Newbie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,253



PrimoPiccolo wrote: View Post

The funny part is that actually helped to bolster his point.
I know, and it's annoying. But in my defence, there's a difference between not knowing a ranger who has yet to air in Britain (thus enabling me to see her) and disregarding any after the first one.

The fact that I didn't know Emma's name may have bolstered his point, but at least the fact that I knew there was another one goes some way to debasing it again.
Long Time Newbie is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2013, 05:26 PM #100
mmprfan09's Avatar
> mmprfan09
One In A Million
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,618
mmprfan09
One In A Million
mmprfan09's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,618



Crazy Davey wrote: View Post

Right... because Jen leading the team is the only reason people can like her character.

We all just got different opinions. The majority likes Jen because we think she's a more interesting character then most Pink Rangers, personality & backstory wise. You don't have to agree with the majority, but don't think it's just because she was a leader.
Well 90% of the time people talk about Jen, it's about her being leader.. Sure, she was a different Pink Ranger from the past ones, but the same could be said for Kendrix, Karone, Dana, etc. To each it's own though. I'm just saying, If Kim is "overrated", Jen is too.

PrimoPiccolo wrote: View Post

Yeah, her being a badass who went all Tony Jaa on a warehouse full of Cyclobots sticks out to me way more than her position as team leader.
Beating up a bunch of footsoldiers? How many rangers DIDN'T beat those losers unmorphed?
mmprfan09 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:25 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.