Old July 19th, 2019, 08:35 AM #2761
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

skinnygizzle wrote: View Post

I'm pretty disappointed with the recent Lightning Collection figures. The gold on Goldar, the Red Ranger/Gold Ranger 2-pack and the Green Ranger/Putty 2-pack reminds me a lot of that horrible Bandai Legacy cheesy gold plastic. It's also inconsistent with the fantastic White Ranger figure, which has great gold paint applications. I also feel the shade of grey on the putty is too light, should have been a darker grey.

Pretty sad as I really wanted to invest in that line. Hopefully, the gold on the final products won't appear as flat as on the latest pictures in real life.
I'll just say this. They can't physically paint the full figure gold. Metallic gold paint isn't cheap and it's a full coverage figure. So right out of the gate, expecting Goldar to be full painted gold was a dream.

That said. Hasbro does use a goldish plastic, which is cheaper, and is more in line with what Bandai Japan does with Sentai and Rider in terms of color and less like what Bandai America did to Gold Zeo. And sometimes it has a little flake/glitter in it to make it more "metallic" and also a little swirl effect in it. While maybe not ideal, it's the most cost effective. But I wouldn't worry about it appearing too cheesy.

In fact, the 2017 Target Exclusive Goldar is more in line with the gold Hasbro uses than the hideous Zeo Gold.

Photos too tend to blow colors out... so I'd definitely wait for in hands.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old July 19th, 2019, 12:01 PM #2762
> Dark storm
Power Ranger

Dark storm
Power Ranger

Lord Taichi wrote: View Post

Gotta agree with that. On the BBTS website, white ranger's gold looks terrible, but it's spot-on on the figure. The instant I saw the green ranger figure this morning, I thought there is absolutely no way I'm getting that. I didn't like many things about it, including the gold on the shield, the shield itself being rounded, and it being the DT FS version with silver stripes. I'm not a fan of that. But seeing the photos of the actual figure rather than those lesser promotional shots changed my mind. Looks so much better in action, and I'm really liking that putty figure.

Not sure on Beast Morphers. I already have figuarts red and now the Hasbro action figure, but the LC figure looks nice (except for his human head) and gold ranger looks great, too. Since go-busters, I pretty much just wanted a gold ranger figure. But Pink and Magna are definite buys. I'm surprised the cape is looking as good as it does. Thought it might actually be cloth, looks great for plastic.
Dark storm is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2019, 12:18 PM #2763
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

JoHen wrote: View Post

Zeo Pink or Turbo Pink?
That idea is inadequate for many reasons.

Utomowatch wrote: View Post

1. they should do mmpr kat with ninjetti pink

2. They *uc*ing r*p* my wallet today
If they do ninjetti pink with kat head that means no ninjetti kim.

Hasbro just made it complicated that could have been simple. Two human heads for about 12 rangers wouldnt break their bank. When they have marvel legends who have an alt head, weapons, AND a baf piece.

Last edited by mmprfan09; July 19th, 2019 at 12:32 PM.
mmprfan09 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2019, 12:21 PM #2764
> AkaBunnyUnicorn
Crazy Alien Bunny Thing

AkaBunnyUnicorn
Crazy Alien Bunny Thing

Lord Taichi wrote: View Post

I'll just say this. They can't physically paint the full figure gold. Metallic gold paint isn't cheap and it's a full coverage figure. So right out of the gate, expecting Goldar to be full painted gold was a dream.

That said. Hasbro does use a goldish plastic, which is cheaper, and is more in line with what Bandai Japan does with Sentai and Rider in terms of color and less like what Bandai America did to Gold Zeo.

Like some of the C-3PO figures that aren't a metallic gold and photos look a little off, but when you see them in person they actually look fantastic.
AkaBunnyUnicorn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2019, 01:16 PM #2765
> OriginalRanger1984
Power Ranger

eBay
OriginalRanger1984
Power Ranger

eBay

Can anyone point me in the direction of some figure stands for the lightning collection like what Hasbro uses at cons to display the rangers in certain poses.
OriginalRanger1984 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2019, 02:00 PM #2766
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

They look to be like this: https://www.amazon.com/Obitsu-MLST-A...88438557&psc=1

However, you'd be fine with Stage ACT 4 or something along those lines.

Picked up Amazon preorders... not thrilled with having to get the online for now, but good placeholders if I have trouble finding them in store. Definitely need to look at the figures first... but also nice to have a back up plan lol.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old July 19th, 2019, 02:14 PM #2767
> BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

That idea is inadequate for many reasons.

If they do ninjetti pink with kat head that means no ninjetti kim.

Hasbro just made it complicated that could have been simple. Two human heads for about 12 rangers wouldnt break their bank. When they have marvel legends who have an alt head, weapons, AND a baf piece.
With the reveal of the Fighting Spirit Green Ranger, I'm now fully expecting MMPR Rocky, Adam, Aisha, and Kat to show up in multi-packs down the line, whether they be general release like Green/Putty, store exclusive, or convention exclusive.

I'm less confident in something like the Turbo Rangers or Lost Galaxy Pink getting multiple releases.
BigMDtheSequel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2019, 02:48 PM #2768
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

BigMDtheSequel wrote: View Post

With the reveal of the Fighting Spirit Green Ranger, I'm now fully expecting MMPR Rocky, Adam, Aisha, and Kat to show up in multi-packs down the line, whether they be general release like Green/Putty, store exclusive, or convention exclusive.

I'm less confident in something like the Turbo Rangers or Lost Galaxy Pink getting multiple releases.
Only thing about that is that hasbro reportedly stated that they will NOT release the same ranger twice to compensate for the extra head.

For Stone Canyon they MIGHT get a 95 movie release but Kat just could be shit out of luck.

Does hasbro even own the rights to the 95 film btw?
Old July 19th, 2019, 03:23 PM #2769
> Dark_skies1031
Green Devastation

eBay
Dark_skies1031
Green Devastation

eBay

Instead of Hasbro re-releasing the same figures but with different heads, which they said they wont do I guess. How about a package of alternate heads? lol A 6 pack of alternate ranger civilian heads! Do that a few times and it would cover alot of rangers.
Dark_skies1031 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2019, 03:52 PM #2770
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

they are more likely to include an extra head in a two or 3 pack. they might even do a vehicle pack and throw in a head, though they usually try to have the head match the theme of the pack. i just hope the "working on a way to include the extra heads elsewhere" doesnt end up exactly like bandais "well get you the weapons somehow". i have way more faith in hasbro then bandai though.
TheDub is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2019, 04:01 PM #2771
> Dark_skies1031
Green Devastation

eBay
Dark_skies1031
Green Devastation

eBay

TheDub wrote: View Post

they are more likely to include an extra head in a two or 3 pack. they might even do a vehicle pack and throw in a head, though they usually try to have the head match the theme of the pack. i just hope the "working on a way to include the extra heads elsewhere" doesnt end up exactly like bandais "well get you the weapons somehow". i have way more faith in hasbro then bandai though.
Yeah so far Hasbro is doing a pretty good job, just need to get their quality control for paint apps fixed. I think if the demand is high enough, they will find a way to get the alternate civilian heads out. So far they are blowing BoA out of the water with their resent releases though. I mean, look at the White Ranger helmet, it is the correct size, color and looks exactly like the one in season 2. Beautifully done in my opinion.
Dark_skies1031 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2019, 05:37 PM #2772
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Only thing about that is that hasbro reportedly stated that they will NOT release the same ranger twice to compensate for the extra head.

For Stone Canyon they MIGHT get a 95 movie release but Kat just could be shit out of luck.

Does hasbro even own the rights to the 95 film btw?
The 1995 film rights were acquired by SCG, and reside with Hasbro.

Hasbro didn't rule out rereleases. They simply acknowledged the fact that some fans don't want to spend $20 for a second head. Nothing has been publically ruled out. They're, tacitly, exploring all options.

I expect popular Rangers like MMPR Pink will have multiple releases with different head sculpts. That doesn't rule out other options to get Kat.
Zeo Cereal is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2019, 06:17 PM #2773
> bustedbeatbox
Power Ranger

eBay
bustedbeatbox
Power Ranger

eBay

People complaining about the figs not including multiple actor heads need to look at the big picture.

The only TRUE “conflict” with this is Trini/Aisha as they were both only MMPR yellow.

They can solve this by either including both heads w/ MMPR yellow, or doing an exclusive movie Figure Set with Aisha’s head being the main draw for buying it.

A Ninjetti Figure, using common sense, would most likely include 2 heads, one with the hood & bottom face mask up, and one with the hood & face mask down, but keep in mind in order to be accurate the one w/o the hood/bottom face mask up would still have the headband, so that head would not look proper if put on MMPR yellow...

For the other overlapping actors:

Rocky/Adam/Kat/Tonya Heads - Zeo - they were the only actors to wear these suits so this is where they would be featured first.

TJ/Cassie/Carlos/Ashley Heads - Can be Turbo and/or In Space (Justin would also be Turbo Blue)

Lost Galaxy - Kendrix would come with Pink, and they could release an Astronema fig that comes with multiple heads of her different looks, one being “normal” that could be swapped with LG Pink.
bustedbeatbox is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2019, 06:24 PM #2774
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

Again, “just buy zeo” isnt good enough because you have characters like adam who have multiple suits and people would like to display all his ranger forms from mmpr-turbo.

Hasbro basically did the same for Jason and packed TWO heads for zeo gold and mmpr when they both could have shared one head. . And Jason aint even the OG gold ranger. But hasbro realized people want to display unmorphed jason in both forms.

Not everyone wants to buy zeo just to complete the mmpr roster. They wouldnt even be zeo rangers if they were not in mmpr first so it would be silly to ignore that.
Old July 19th, 2019, 06:30 PM #2775
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

Well then you could sell off the figure minus the head. Sadly thats probably you best option. People will buy zeo green minus the adam head if its cheap, or simply if they cant find it in their area. I know it sucks but unless there are running changes/rereleases theres not much else to do if you ONLY want mmpr.
TheDub is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2019, 06:34 PM #2776
> Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

Again, “just buy zeo” isnt good enough because you have characters like adam who have multiple suits and people would like to display all his ranger forms from mmpr-turbo.
Nothing will ever be good enough so why we talking?

Hasbro basically did the same for Jason and packed TWO heads for zeo gold and mmpr. And Jason aint even the OG gold ranger.
Almost like it was a Jason 2 pack or something...

Not everyone wants to buy zeo just to complete the mmpr roster. They wouldnt even be zeo rangers if they were not in mmpr first so it would be silly to ignore that.
Oh god. It's not about want, it's pushing your hand. THEY want you to buy Zeo and if you want a Kat head so bad then you'll do it. If you don't, whatever. Not including those heads isn't going to affect MMPR sales but not including them can affect Zeo sales.

The short of it is Hasbro, like any other company, is out to make money. Hasbro also happens to be giving much more than BoA was every willing to do at the same price. We can choose get worked up into a frenzy over there not being a Kat head OR you can learn to compromise. I'd rather have accessories over another head because that is the trade off. You want another head then you get less accessories.
Xenotome is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2019, 06:38 PM #2777
> bustedbeatbox
Power Ranger

eBay
bustedbeatbox
Power Ranger

eBay

Xenotome wrote: View Post

Oh god. It's not about want, it's pushing your hand. THEY want you to buy Zeo and if you want a Kat head so bad then you'll do it. If you don't, whatever. Not including those heads isn't going to affect MMPR sales but not including them can affect Zeo sales.

The short of it is Hasbro, like any other company, is out to make money. Hasbro also happens to be giving much more than BoA was every willing to do at the same price. We can choose get worked up into a frenzy over there not being a Kat head OR you can learn to compromise. I'd rather have accessories over another head because that is the trade off. You want another head then you get less accessories.
Thank god SOMEONE gets it! It’s Business 101!
bustedbeatbox is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2019, 06:50 PM #2778
> RaiRanger
#YoshiArmy

RaiRanger
#YoshiArmy

Kinda surprised they didn't show off the armored Zack.

The new set looks great, gonna wait till retail to get them cuz of the QC issues with wave 1.

I'm mostly hyped for the putty but a little disappointing its packed with a fighting spirit Tommy. Mostly because i want at least 6 putty's which would leave me with 6 FS tommy's lol

Was also to see renders of wave 3. Maybe hascon?

Hopefully if wave 2 sells well they'll increase the sizes of the waves.

Also hoping for more 2 packs
RaiRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2019, 06:51 PM #2779
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

The short of it is Hasbro, like any other company, is out to make mone.
"I paid $20! Has-bro, you owe me big time!"

The entitlement with this fandom would be hilarious if it wasnt so self-detrimental. We spent literal years trying to get ONE signature weapon per Ranger. We had to deal with compromises, closed weapons, and no weapons.

Now we get basically everything for each Ranger and people want every head sculpt included?

Stop it. You're being silly. You make us all look bad.

Every single post whining about Kat signals to Habsro "hey, Kat has fans, that means money".

Last edited by Zeo Cereal; July 19th, 2019 at 07:01 PM.
Zeo Cereal is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2019, 07:01 PM #2780
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

A Jason two pack. That has two human heads. Why not just pack one human head? Because Hasbro knows that collectors want the option to display both Jasons helmetless if they choose. Even if you buy Zeo blue for the Rocky head, you still wont be able to display Both Rocky’s at once. Thats what I meant about “buying zeo” doesn’t exactly solve the problem. But We”ll see what happens.

Tags
super epic legacy legends