Menu

Closed

Old July 17th, 2019, 05:47 PM #1621
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

PopCultureLover06 wrote: View Post

I spoke to one of the PMC staff members, who work for Scott Zillner, at Anime Expo, they said that the administration, or just people in charge of the Anaheim Convention Center, they took too long to respond back to Scott Zillner about using the place again, too long of a delay to respond back to him, they were very unreliable for that.
A taste of their own medicine?

That would be so incredibly fitting if true.
Old July 17th, 2019, 06:03 PM #1622
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

AkaPrimoKanyeWest wrote: View Post

A taste of their own medicine?

That would be so incredibly fitting if true.
because of how unorganized PMC was last year? regarding the long line to pick up badges on opening day?
Old July 17th, 2019, 06:29 PM #1623
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

because of how unorganized PMC was last year? regarding the long line to pick up badges on opening day?
Regarding delayed response.

They have a history of taking forever to get back to us.
Old July 18th, 2019, 11:25 AM #1624
> Nightcrawler
I am the one who BAMFs!

Nightcrawler
I am the one who BAMFs!

Nothing will ever top the first one...
Old July 18th, 2019, 03:41 PM #1625
> Gunpla Rider
VIP Rider

Gunpla Rider
VIP Rider

Well its over a year away, but it looks like ill be able to stay at one of the close by hotels for dirt cheap. One week for 500 total and yes, this includes the ones like the marriott
Old July 20th, 2019, 04:58 PM #1626
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon wrote: View Post

Regarding delayed response.

They have a history of taking forever to get back to us.
looks like the tables turned, anyway, regarding JDF, whenever he attends a Power Ranger-themed convention, show, event, he only shows up for 1 day only, that's how he did it at PMC 2010, last year, and at Rangerstop in Atlanta last month.

Just wondering, since his character Tommy Oliver is basically like the face of the Power Ranger franchise, he is missing out on making more money by not attending multiple days at PR-themed shows, cons, etc.
Old July 20th, 2019, 05:15 PM #1627
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Just wondering, since his character Tommy Oliver is basically like the face of the Power Ranger franchise, he is missing out on making more money by not attending multiple days at PR-themed shows, cons, etc.
Limiting his appearance just makes him that much more in demand when he is available. The less opportunity, the greater the rush.

It's a clever tactic.
Old July 20th, 2019, 05:21 PM #1628
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

looks like the tables turned, anyway, regarding JDF, whenever he attends a Power Ranger-themed convention, show, event, he only shows up for 1 day only, that's how he did it at PMC 2010, last year, and at Rangerstop in Atlanta last month.

Limiting his appearance just makes him that much more in demand when he is available. The less opportunity, the greater the rush.

It's a clever tactic.
It also helps him avoid ASJ if he's also appearing at that con.
Old July 20th, 2019, 06:14 PM #1629
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

GoldAnyRanger wrote: View Post

It also helps him avoid ASJ if he's also appearing at that con.
even though they looked to be on good terms with each other at the 2017 PR movie premiere, and they deny a feud, and they say they have buried the hatchet, I think they are just saying that so they can have a good reputation in front of the fandom, but since they refuse to be in proximity with each other at cons, shows, in the same building, its quite obvious there is still some feud.

That's why it looks like a full season 1 MMPR reunion at a con, show, panel, is forever unlikely it looks like.

Also, limiting his appearance, as in what you say, makes him more in demand, you think that makes him more money at PR-themed cons, shows instead of showing up multiple-days?

Last edited by PopCultureLover06; July 20th, 2019 at 06:19 PM.
Old July 20th, 2019, 06:48 PM #1630
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Also, limiting his appearance, as in what you say, makes him more in demand, you think that makes him more money at PR-themed cons, shows instead of showing up multiple-days?
Probably not on a per-convention basis, but over the course of his con career, the more people who have never met him or never gotten his autograph or never taken a picture with him, the longer his appearance value will hold up over the years.

And if there's anything we know about Jason David Frank, it's that he has decided above every other actor that Power Rangers defines him.
Old July 22nd, 2019, 03:45 AM #1631
> Nightcrawler
I am the one who BAMFs!

Nightcrawler
I am the one who BAMFs!

He's a dick, plain and simple.
Old July 22nd, 2019, 07:38 PM #1632
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

Probably not on a per-convention basis, but over the course of his con career, the more people who have never met him or never gotten his autograph or never taken a picture with him, the longer his appearance value will hold up over the years.

And if there's anything we know about Jason David Frank, it's that he has decided above every other actor that Power Rangers defines him.
it would be interesting to see him attend a PR-themed show, con, for multiple days instead of 1-day, see how much more money he would make. Anyway, its a disappointing reminder that a full season 1 MMPR reunion at a con, show, or panel appears unlikely.

Yes I know that Thuy Trang has been gone since 2001, but I mean like a full season 1 MMPR surviving cast reunion, but that looks more than unlikely, for reasons already said.

Even though PMC is returning to Pasadena next year in the L.A. area, I believe I heard a FB announcement that there will be more hotels used this time to accommodate more space in case more crowds show up.
Old July 23rd, 2019, 05:30 AM #1633
> ⚡OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay
OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay

it would be interesting to see him attend a PR-themed show, con, for multiple days instead of 1-day, see how much more money he would make.
The dude makes 4 to 5 figures literally every convention he goes to, has a successful dojo, wears thousand dollar suits as regularly as we wear jeans, and drives 6-figure cars...

I don't think he's necessarily worried about "how much more money he would make" if he stayed all 3 days.

Keeping his appearances short at ranger themed conventions keeps his demand high. He shows up all 3 days at PMC and Rangerstop each convention, and within 5 years his lines at these conventions will be short enough to likely be able to walk right up, meaning he's sitting there waiting. By keeping them short, his lines are hours long with people waiting to see him.
Old July 24th, 2019, 02:01 AM #1634
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

OmegaRangerRed wrote: View Post

The dude makes 4 to 5 figures literally every convention he goes to, has a successful dojo, wears thousand dollar suits as regularly as we wear jeans, and drives 6-figure cars...

I don't think he's necessarily worried about "how much more money he would make" if he stayed all 3 days.

Keeping his appearances short at ranger themed conventions keeps his demand high. He shows up all 3 days at PMC and Rangerstop each convention, and within 5 years his lines at these conventions will be short enough to likely be able to walk right up, meaning he's sitting there waiting. By keeping them short, his lines are hours long with people waiting to see him.
I assume that's another factor as to why he didn't attend PMC for almost a decade, because when he attended last year at PMC, he hadn't attended PMC since 2010, almost a decade without being there, my guess is, he wanted to build up more hype and anticipation to his return to the capital, headquarters for the entire Power Ranger fandom, which is PMC, since it is the biggest PR-themed show, con, on Earth.

That is just a guess, but I did hear that his Wizard World Contract was a factor as to why he didn't attend PMC for almost a decade, that must have restricted him from doing PMC, only doing Wizard World Comic-Cons. Just a wonder, since the face of the PR franchise, or most iconic ranger of all-time, Tommy Oliver, not being at the Epicenter, Holy Event for the Power Ranger fandom that long, is a shock.
Old July 31st, 2019, 01:31 PM #1635
> RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

https://powermorphicon.wordpress.com/attendee/

Registration opens tomorrow at 9 PST. Weekend passes come in just two flavors--$70 Red Ranger and $250 Gold Ranger. The former basically just gets you in the door. The latter gets you Thursday pickup, early entry, VIP meet & greet, preferred seating, pins, shirts, hoodie, coins, prints, a gift bag and access to tickets to the Power Breakfast and other events.
Old July 31st, 2019, 02:32 PM #1636
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

RitoRevolto wrote: View Post

Weekend passes come in just two flavors--$70 Red Ranger and $250 Gold Ranger.
Streamlining.

So far, this makes the second decision I've enjoyed. Dare I say they're changing for the better?
Closed

Tags
bring deodorant, morphicon 6, wear deodorant