Home Menu

Menu

Old March 8th, 2019, 06:33 AM #61
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

I dont really see the hype with bulk and skull. If not for them being in mmpr I dont think they’d be As highly loved as they are. They weren’t really funny, just obnoxious and annoying. I always fast forward their scenes just to get back to the ranger stuff. Hell, Season 3’s villain sitcom was better at comedy that anything bulk and skull came up with. I also dont see how their “acting” is the gold standard of pr duos. I think victor and monty/cassidy etc were just as good of actors, it was the writing that ruined them.

I dont know, I just feel like comedic duos should’t be needed. It just reeks of “our protagonists and antagonists don’t have much personality!” Because bulk and skull indeed had more development than any of the rangers.

I liked betty and ben’s first scene but everything Else I seen so far of them was more filler than funny.

Last edited by mmprfan09; March 8th, 2019 at 06:48 AM.
mmprfan09 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old March 8th, 2019, 08:00 AM #62
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

A lot of what Bulk and Skull did was classic comedy; they're both students of comedic acting. As a kid I wasn't really into or against them, but as I got older, there's stuff that they do which really plays to my sensibilities and comedic style.

Victor and Monty tried to emulate their style, but they're not good at it. And the writers weren't good at playing to their strengths. It was farts, farts, and more farts. And then a little bit of trophies, because. They were Bulk and Skull without any of the qualities that made Bulk and Skull likable. Bulk and Skull had the benefit of their seasons still being experimental, and the freedom to play as actors. (Just a little bit.) It makes a big difference.

If you're good, you can elevate a bad script. If you're only so-so, a bad script will sink you. That's especially true if the production staff is locking you into something you're not good at. It's not easy to be funny. It's actually really hard.
Dukemon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2019, 08:11 AM #63
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

GoldAnyRanger wrote: View Post

Gem and Gemma? (That is, if Rangers can count as comic relief.)
I was talking more about when the comedic duo is supporting and usually not part of the action. That excludes Rangers imo.
GrumpyBookworm is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old March 8th, 2019, 08:27 AM #64
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

Dukemon wrote: View Post

A lot of what Bulk and Skull did was classic comedy; they're both students of comedic acting. As a kid I wasn't really into or against them, but as I got older, there's stuff that they do which really plays to my sensibilities and comedic style.

Victor and Monty tried to emulate their style, but they're not good at it. And the writers weren't good at playing to their strengths. It was farts, farts, and more farts. And then a little bit of trophies, because. They were Bulk and Skull without any of the qualities that made Bulk and Skull likable. Bulk and Skull had the benefit of their seasons still being experimental, and the freedom to play as actors. (Just a little bit.) It makes a big difference.

If you're good, you can elevate a bad script. If you're only so-so, a bad script will sink you. That's especially true if the production staff is locking you into something you're not good at. It's not easy to be funny. It's actually really hard.
Eh I dont really see much of a difference in the acting ability. Bulk and skull were either getting food smashed in their faces or falling/getting hurt, etc. Besides the terrible fart jokes, victor and monty had those same type of acting performances & scenes. Bulk and skull just came first, That’s really the main difference.
mmprfan09 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2019, 08:40 AM #65
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

Eh I dont really see much of a difference in the acting ability. Bulk and skull were either getting food smashed in their faces or falling/getting hurt, etc. Besides the terrible fart jokes, victor and monty had those same type of acting performances & scenes. Bulk and skull just came first, That’s really the main difference.
There's a very stark difference between their acting abilities lol, but I'll just leave it at our opinions are very different I guess.
Old March 8th, 2019, 08:43 AM #66
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

If you're good, you can elevate a bad script. If you're only so-so, a bad script will sink you.
True. I mean, I would say Zoe was the only one in SNS that made her bad lines work.

I don't Peter is a good actor. The other day I saw him in Fam, and he was bad.
Dexter1998 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2019, 08:46 AM #67
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

Dexter1998 wrote: View Post

True. I mean, I would say Zoe was the only one in SNS that made her bad lines work.

I don't Peter is a good actor. The other day I saw him in Fam, and he was bad.
Really, Kelson was the only one who made any of Ninja Steel palatable for me.
Zoe wasn't bad, but she also didn't leave much of an impression. Peter's a fine actor; his character was written like garbage in Ninja Steel. His character in Hyperforce? A+.

I briefly saw his appearance on Fam; didn't think he was bad at all, just thought the character was grating, but it was intended as such.
Old March 8th, 2019, 08:53 AM #68
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Really, Kelson was the only one who made any of Ninja Steel palatable for me.
Zoe wasn't bad, but she also didn't leave much of an impression. Peter's a fine actor; his character was written like garbage in Ninja Steel. His character in Hyperforce? A+.

I briefly saw his appearance on Fam; didn't think he was bad at all, just thought the character was grating, but it was intended as such.
Yeah, Kelson was good. Forget about him for a sec.

Haven't seen Hyperforce, so I can't comment.

His Fam character was really grating, yeah, but Peter didn't work as him. The actress who plays the young sister (I don't recall her name, and I've been enjoying the show) is much better as that type of character.
Old March 8th, 2019, 09:06 AM #69
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

Yeah, Kelson was good. Forget about him for a sec.

Haven't seen Hyperforce, so I can't comment.

His Fam character was really grating, yeah, but Peter didn't work as him. The actress who plays the young sister (I don't recall her name, and I've been enjoying the show) is much better as that type of character.
Speaking honestly, I've never seen an episode of Fam to begin with; I only happened to catch the ep he was on. There's a difference between being a bad actor and being miscast.
Old March 8th, 2019, 09:12 AM #70
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

You might be right, but, I don't know. I would need to see Peter in a good role then.
Old March 8th, 2019, 09:12 AM #71
> PowerPhantom245
Rookie Red Raptor Ranger

PowerPhantom245
Rookie Red Raptor Ranger

I know this may sounds way too early, but if they introduce Gold Ranger, I hope they would make him a "mad scientist" character, like Toei originally planned.
When Go-busters was airing, I remember reading interview with Hiroya Matsumoto (Jin/Beet Buster) that character was originally going to be mad scientist type character, but changed into cool and light attitude.
Whether or not this "mad scientist" character have anything to do with birth of Messiah is unknown, but I'm going to assume it probably was.

I don't have the exact source to prove that statement, since the link/source is no longer available, but I think that concept might work for this season, given that Hasbro wants to bring in something new and refreshing to this franchise, after years or meh~mediocre quality.

I would have love to see Gold Ranger as a "mad scientist ranger", since I don't think there has been that type of ranger or heroes in general in tokusatsu; though, mad scientist isn't a hero archetype and often portrayed as villain.
As much as I liked Go-busters (one of the best series of 2010s' behind ToQger; NOT Gokaiger... sorry), one of the thing that bothered me is that we never learned who or what created Messiah (main bad/boss) in the first place, so it's possible that Gold Ranger would involve in creation of Evox in someway; maybe, Gold could have been assistant (mad) scientist of "creator" of Evox.
Given the setting that was established in premiere, it would be interesting if Gold would be a mad scientist character shrouded with mystery and secret past of creation of Evox; heck, I wouldn't mind Gold sacrifice/die at the end of the series, if he's responsible for creation of Evox. Granted, "death" of ranger might be more extreme/harsh than coma, and seems very unlikely, but I wouldn't mind Hasbro taking a risk.

Since Chip loved Go-busters, I honestly think this would be a perfect opportunity to bring up some of the scrapped idea that wasn't used by Toei due to mixed/negative reception back then, now that Hasbro is in helm.
PowerPhantom245 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2019, 09:15 AM #72
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

You might be right, but, I don't know. I would need to see Peter in a good role then.
I mean, there's also personal preference to consider too. Acting is art; it's subjective by design.
Old March 8th, 2019, 09:56 AM #73
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous wrote: View Post

If she knew the Jackrabbit DNA was involved in the project, she had to be a part of the Ranger Project to some degree.
It is really, REALLY hard to get Jackrabbit dna out of cloths. Though I do hope we do get some training montages of Zoe and Devon to get to Ravi's level.

Last edited by Allio; March 8th, 2019 at 10:11 AM.
Allio is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2019, 12:27 PM #74
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

If she knew the Jackrabbit DNA was involved in the project, she had to be a part of the Ranger Project to some degree.
On some level, they must have told cadets going in what they were applying and training for. You don't want to spring "Oh, by the way we're shoving animal DNA in you just for shits and giggles" at the last second. So since she was a cadet that failed the ranger exams, knowing the base info on the ranger set up makes sense.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2019, 12:29 PM #75
> Ninjasteel1987
Power Ranger

Ninjasteel1987
Power Ranger

Are the beast bots debuting tommorow?
Ninjasteel1987 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2019, 12:40 PM #76
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

Ninjasteel1987 wrote: View Post

Most likely.
AkaGreen is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2019, 01:08 PM #77
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

Ninjasteel1987 wrote: View Post

Considering the zords are, and the beast bots are the control panels of the zords (and we saw they're using the Sentai Cockpits), I would assume yes. Though that also assumes the zords actually fight tomorrow. We just know they appear tomorrow from the promo.
AkaUnlovedFyntabulous is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2019, 01:09 PM #78
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

Considering the zords are, and the beast bots are the control panels of the zords (and we saw they're using the Sentai Cockpits), I would assume yes. Though that also assumes the zords actually fight tomorrow. We just know they appear tomorrow from the promo.

You can see the Beast Bots in the promo clip, so they're in the episode. Whether or not we get a full look at what they do and how their characters are, is another story.

Old March 8th, 2019, 02:30 PM #79
> SakuraRanger
Power Ranger

SakuraRanger
Power Ranger

You can see the Beast Bots in the promo clip, so they're in the episode. Whether or not we get a full look at what they do and how their characters are, is another story.

the real question: how s it going to be the relationship with the rangers? Since This is not Go Busters, which the BuddyRoids were the protectors of the rangers since they were childrens. So, I am not sure if the friendship factor between them will stay or perhaps they will be like red bot: a boring generic robot that nobody cared about.
SakuraRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2019, 03:58 PM #80
> Ninjasteel1987
Power Ranger

Ninjasteel1987
Power Ranger

Which episode 2 promo do the beast bots appear in?
Ninjasteel1987 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote