RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old October 11th, 2017, 01:32 PM   #181
Kaigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothamninja394 View Post
I forgot, having very little hope in a series being awesome can pay off, the proof is that I thought immediately that the Power Rangers reboot movie was going to be absolutely horrible! While I do have my complaints about it, I still can safely say that I enjoyed myself watching it.
I've been trying to give Flash a chance for years. Season two was basically just season one done over again, season three was decent until the super predictable and safe finale, and now the crap with this season premiere.
Kaigan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2017, 01:34 PM   #182
gothamninja394
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaigan View Post
I've been trying to give Flash a chance for years. Season two was basically just season one done over again, season three was decent until the super predictable and safe finale, and now the crap with this season premiere.
I see we feel the same way, but on two different shows within the same multiverse.
gothamninja394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2017, 05:36 PM   #183
Alitain
God of Benevolence

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintnova View Post
why is iris the leader while barry's gone? why isnt barry in the speed force longer ?so is wally still faster than barry ?or no the whole episode i kept thinking wally is really slow? why is there no repercussions for anything at all only cw show that does that is arrow
Actually Iris leading the team makes sense. Cisco and Wally are out in the field being heroes, Caitlyn was gone, Barry obviously gone, and Joe has to be a cop and basically in the field like the heroes. That leaves Iris. Also I could see the others letting her because it gives her something to focus on instead of just being consumed by Barry being gone. And what else would she do anyways?

Wally is still really fast, Barry is just now faster which isn't surprising with him being the main character. And we've only seen the premiere, we don't really know whether there are repercussions or not for Barry's time in the speed force. Likely it meant something, but at the moment we don't know. There is still the rest of the season for them to tease us with a mystery like usual.
Alitain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2017, 06:40 PM   #184
HezMania
Power Ranger

Man, that first episode was god awful. So many cop outs to get the team back together, and quick.
Berry just "snaps out of it"? What the hell? Iris just gives herself to the villain on a hunch? Seriously? And everyone just welcomes Caitlin back with open arms?
I'm giving this one more episode. After last seasons horrible ending...I don't know.
HezMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2017, 07:05 PM   #185
Alitain
God of Benevolence

Quote:
Originally Posted by HezMania View Post
Man, that first episode was god awful. So many cop outs to get the team back together, and quick.
Berry just "snaps out of it"? What the hell? Iris just gives herself to the villain on a hunch? Seriously? And everyone just welcomes Caitlin back with open arms?
I'm giving this one more episode. After last seasons horrible ending...I don't know.
To be fair, it's not like Iris is wrong. It's just cheesy, but honestly the logic was totally sound. As for Caitlin, why wouldn't they? They wanted her back at the end of the season and she was the one who stayed away. They gave her her space, beyond Cisco vibing her location. So yeah, of course they're going to welcome her back with open arms. It's not like last season ended with them hating her and telling her they'd hunt her down or something like that. If that had been the case then yeah, it would've been weird for them to accept her like they did. But that wasn't the case.
Old October 11th, 2017, 10:56 PM   #186
Fizzy
the fizziest

so far season 4 feels like its going to be slower paced in its plot than previously but that might be a good thing, the premiere ep felt slow and the next ep preview feels like its going to be that way too but slowing down to reorient ourselves is actually a good idea in my eyes i think. It made it more enjoyable and easy to watch.

I noticed the show is overall brighter in the way it looks now and I really like that too. Hopefully once everythings settled we have a clear course to the end
Fizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2017, 04:11 AM   #187
saintnova
Power Ranger

i really like this show i really do its just hard to watch when nothing really happens besides barry running and ciscos jokes there are no stakes when villian is attacking you feel it it in arrow but here no...... barry will just say im not fast enough and iris will willl give him a pep talk and thats it .
saintnova is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2017, 04:41 AM   #188
Alitain
God of Benevolence

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintnova View Post
i really like this show i really do its just hard to watch when nothing really happens besides barry running and ciscos jokes there are no stakes when villian is attacking you feel it it in arrow but here no...... barry will just say im not fast enough and iris will willl give him a pep talk and thats it .
It is just the first episode. And we already know the main villain is the Thinker so Barry is going to have to be smarter, not faster this season so there's that.
Old October 12th, 2017, 06:32 AM   #189
AbareHunter
NACHO!

I would've liked the episode to open with Wally having become The Flash in Barry's absence, as was implied at the end of Season 3, and Barry's off-kilter state stretched out for at least another episode as Team Flash gradually help him get back to normal. However, I *did* like Barry's costume (even if it is recycled from the episode The Once & Future Flash), and I'm so unbelievably happy that the Big Bad isn't a goddamn speedster.
AbareHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2017, 06:41 AM   #190
GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbareHunter View Post
I would've liked the episode to open with Wally having become The Flash in Barry's absence, as was implied at the end of Season 3, and Barry's off-kilter state stretched out for at least another episode as Team Flash gradually help him get back to normal. However, I *did* like Barry's costume (even if it is recycled from the episode The Once & Future Flash), and I'm so unbelievably happy that the Big Bad isn't a goddamn speedster.
They never really implied Wally would become Flash. He was just going to have to step up since Barry wouldn't be around, and I think he did. The other thing the show needed to do for the episode was just give Wally more time to be the only speedster. It's almost like after he basically got his powers, they don't want to really focus on him anymore.
GalaxyRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2017, 12:36 PM   #191
zjranger
#SavingTennis1BallAtATime

While I agree it seems they kinda threw some complications of the end of Season 3 to this beginning (particularly Caitlyn somehow being able to control her powers and Killer Frost persona now to a degree, even though it seemed to be implied last season that she's not going to be normal Caitlyn anymore), I have to say last season was messy, so practically recotnning some of the iffy parts may be helpful, although I agree some seem easy to fix.
zjranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2017, 01:09 PM   #192
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
New trailer, with our first looks at Elongated Man and Gypsy's father.

GoldAnyRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2017, 01:12 PM   #193
Miraculous Bikkun
俺はここにいる!!

I see Gypsy's dad but where's Elongated Man?
Miraculous Bikkun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2017, 01:16 PM   #194
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraculous Bikkun View Post
I see Gypsy's dad but where's Elongated Man?
It's a "blink and you'll miss him" appearance.

https://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...eacher?ref=yfp
GoldAnyRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2017, 01:26 PM   #195
Spider-Phoenix
XY&Z

The new costume is very good...

But those yellow googles in the mask just aren't doing it for me. Hopefully, they'll be ditched soon.
Spider-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2017, 01:39 PM   #196
PedroMcNamara
www.TaurianFilms.com

WTF is with them shrinking the video down before it is even done playing lately? Shit is very annoying.
PedroMcNamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2017, 02:49 PM   #197
bearytrek
Power Ranger

I don't think anyone thought Julian would still be around after he was introduced as a special guest star last year, being a one-season-done sort of deal, but his absence reminded me of how they wrote out the two co-leads on Hawaii Five-0...

just a one-line disclaimer and let's move on...

I guess they could expand on it later, but since he was in the final scenes of last season and gave no indication he'd be planning on leaving, I guess his broken relationship with Caitlin was the reason he's back in London?
bearytrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2017, 03:51 PM   #198
GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Phoenix View Post
The new costume is very good...

But those yellow googles in the mask just aren't doing it for me. Hopefully, they'll be ditched soon.
Umm, the "yellow goggles" aren't a permanent fixture. It basically just allows him to scan the environment. He likely won't be using it all the time, just when he needs to.

To further elaborate on it, here's a trailer for next week's episode that shows the "goggles" in action, among other things:

GalaxyRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2017, 04:46 PM   #199
Alitain
God of Benevolence

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearytrek View Post
I don't think anyone thought Julian would still be around after he was introduced as a special guest star last year, being a one-season-done sort of deal, but his absence reminded me of how they wrote out the two co-leads on Hawaii Five-0...

just a one-line disclaimer and let's move on...

I guess they could expand on it later, but since he was in the final scenes of last season and gave no indication he'd be planning on leaving, I guess his broken relationship with Caitlin was the reason he's back in London?
Yeah, it's a bummer they didn't keep him around cause I enjoyed him but at the same time I wasn't too surprised. The nice part though is that they can bring him back to guest whenever since he's not dead.

I think the line of him going back home actually makes the most sense. I mean aside from Cisco maybe bringing up Julian to Caitlin at the bar, there wouldn't have been a natural way to relay any of that info. And there was plenty else to do in the premiere. We still have time for Caitlin to maybe shed some light on it if it's needed, otherwise yeah maybe they'll consider bringing him back for an episode and can address things then. For now though just knowing he moved back home works fine in my book.
Old October 12th, 2017, 09:40 PM   #200
ShinySephiroth
The Power Ranger Archives

eBay
It's a good thing Caitlin has "two doctorates and a PhD" LOL
ShinySephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote