It's no one dead.
Ryuranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2018, 06:46 AM #62
> Green1
Green Ranger Power!

Green1
Green Ranger Power!

Ryuranger wrote: View Post

Author's note: I know this chapter was pretty straightforward.

Next chapter will get back to Tommy in the Astral Plane, and finally reveal the Final Prophecy/Ultimate Secret! Also, Jungle Fury! The Red Dragon Thunderzord vs. the original Megazord! And the most unexpected re-appearance of the decade!
I'm calling Kimberly. I know you're saying no one "dead", but as she was the Phoenix, whats to say she actually "died"?
Green1 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2018, 06:50 AM #63
> ⚡ShadowRanger

ShadowRanger

So in that case... Jason... Zack... Tedy back for his umpteenth attempt to prove that he can be a Ranger without it killing him... no he's been in this recently.
ShadowRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2018, 02:30 PM #64
> Ryuranger
Ryuranger.com

Ryuranger
Ryuranger.com

Green1 wrote: View Post

I'm calling Kimberly. I know you're saying no one "dead", but as she was the Phoenix, whats to say she actually "died"?
Well...we've already seen the Phoenix appear as Kimberly. So there's that.

ShadowRanger wrote: View Post

So in that case... Jason... Zack... Tedy back for his umpteenth attempt to prove that he can be a Ranger without it killing him... no he's been in this recently.
We will see Jason and Zack in the coming chapters (I've written the Jason scene and love it), but that's not who I am talking about. Teddy is pretty much considered a main character to me at this point.

Actually, here's a sneak peak at the Jason scene: "Jason Scott rode in the back of an ambulance. An EMT worker, he held steady as the vehicle swerved back and forth through lanes of traffic. He heard sirens wail, and horns blare, as the driver tried to navigate the chaos."

That's enough for now.
Old August 16th, 2018, 08:22 PM #65
> SuperselfieRed
World's biggest sadboi

SuperselfieRed
World's biggest sadboi

Baha no

It's no one dead.
To be fair Mr.Ooze was never officially killed in the story
SuperselfieRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2018, 11:52 PM #66
> ⚡ShadowRanger

ShadowRanger

SuperselfieRed wrote: View Post

Quite true I think last time it was discussed he was going to be kept in a flask in one of Billy's laboratories.
Old August 17th, 2018, 03:18 PM #67
> Ryuranger
Ryuranger.com

Ryuranger
Ryuranger.com

SuperselfieRed wrote: View Post

He dead! He dead 'n done!
Old August 17th, 2018, 03:18 PM #68
> Ryuranger
Ryuranger.com

Ryuranger
Ryuranger.com

Quite true I think last time it was discussed he was going to be kept in a flask in one of Billy's laboratories.
I...don't remember that at all. He dead.
Old August 18th, 2018, 03:49 AM #69
> ⚡ShadowRanger

ShadowRanger

I...don't remember that at all. He dead.
Never said he wasn't dead
Old August 18th, 2018, 06:27 AM #70
> Ryuranger
Ryuranger.com

Ryuranger
Ryuranger.com

Never said he wasn't dead
Good...because...he dead.

Super secret bonus scene from UPR's Past! The death of Ivan Ooze Part 1
(2007/2008-ish)

Ivan extended his hand and wrapped Luke in strands of ooze. The ooze tightened, nearly crushing the young ranger's chest.

"I will crush your bones into ooze!" Ivan shouted.

"That's...not..." His chest felt like fire, and his vision started to blur. "Actually, yeah, I'm gonna die. That...really sucks..."

Suddenly, darts of green energy ripped through Ivan with bursts of spark. He staggered backward, losing his grip on the ranger, as he looked to his side.

The other Rangers-- Blue Racer, Green Racer, Yellow Racer, and Pink Racer--- ran to the scene with their Auto Blasters.

"Luke!" Pink Racer shouted.

Luke pulled himself free from the slackened tendrils of ooze. Slime still covered his body and face.

Blue Racer stopped several feet from his ooze-soaked leader. "Damn, Luke, you reek...what the hell is that stuff?"

Luke narrowed his eyes. "As soon as you power down your armor...I am so giving you a hug. And kiss. A wet, oozy, hug-kiss."

Nearby, Ivan Ooze hissed with annoyance as his wounds stitched back together, with threads of goo and ooze. "You little brats are really starting to bug me."

"It's what we're best at," Luke said as he armed his morpher. "Shift into Turbo!"

He inserted his key into his bracer, triggering his morph into the Red Ranger.

The team sped into fighting stances.

"Red Racer!"

"Green Racer!"

"Blue Racer!"

"Yellow Racer!"

"Pink Racer!"

Hyper-speed Task Force!" the Red Ranger shouted. Together, they called out: "Turbo Rangers!"

TBC
Old August 18th, 2018, 10:52 AM #71
> ⚡ShadowRanger

ShadowRanger

Just that Billy put him in a jar... Besides he wasn't dead, he was pining for the fjords

Last edited by ShadowRanger; August 18th, 2018 at 01:47 PM.
Old August 18th, 2018, 01:43 PM #72
> Green1
Green Ranger Power!

Green1
Green Ranger Power!

Just that Billy put him in a jar... Besides he wasn't dead, he was pinin for the fordes
Pining for the fjords? Is he an ex-parrot?
Old August 18th, 2018, 01:49 PM #73
> ⚡ShadowRanger

ShadowRanger

He was an excellent villain and we all know how much love Ryu has for him. Why it's almost as great as his love for dancing dinosaurs.
Old August 19th, 2018, 04:20 PM #74
> Ryuranger
Ryuranger.com

Ryuranger
Ryuranger.com

Green1 wrote: View Post

Pining for the fjords? Is he an ex-parrot?
...I don't get it.

He was an excellent villain and we all know how much love Ryu has for him. Why it's almost as great as his love for dancing dinosaurs.
I'm giving you a secret Ivan chapter that will unravel in my comment replies. I will not, not, give you dino morph dancing.

Next chapter is almost done and already 22 pages. I may split it and post it in two parts. Haven't decided.
Old August 19th, 2018, 04:38 PM #75
> Green1
Green Ranger Power!

Green1
Green Ranger Power!

...I don't get it.
On the chance that you actually don't know the skit, and aren't being sarcastic.
Old August 19th, 2018, 05:00 PM #76
> Ryuranger
Ryuranger.com

Ryuranger
Ryuranger.com

Chapter 05: Revealed, the Final Prophecy - Part One

Beyond all space and time

Reality shattered, leaving shards of time and space in an endless void. The Ultimate Power Rangers journeyed through this void to learn the secrets of the end of existence. Using Ranger Keys, they unlocked Time Shards to slowly unravel the broken pieces of history.

The Shards revealed this story.

The Astral Plane

Dragon Ranger entered his cockpit and placed a hand on his control sphere.

“OK, Red Dragon. Let’s...pretend like we know what we’re doing.”

The Red Dragon Thunderzord snapped its tail and dove towards the Megadinozord, corrupted by the same dark energies tainting the Astral Plane.

The Megazord looked up and fired a beam of molten energy from its horns. Red Dragon swerved, barely dodging the blast, intense enough to scorch the zord’s armor plating.

“Two can play at that game. Red Dragon, Fire Blast!” the Red Ranger shouted.

The Thunderzord opened its jaws and breathed a stream of fire, splashing across the Megazord. But the flames did nothing. The Megadinzord absorbed the fire into its armor and body.

“Aw man, is that thing seriously immune to fire?” Dragon Ranger muttered. “That’s going to be a problem.”

The Megazord armed its saber and slashed through a streak of power. The Red Dragon dodged and circled back for another pass. Megadinozord chopped again, but the Red Dragon snapped its claws, parrying the blade.

“This isn’t working…” Dragon Ranger rolled his right hand into a fist, leaving his left hand on his control sphere. “Red Dragon, Rise up!”

The Thunderzord crackled with lightning and shifted shape, changing into warrior mode. The Red Dragon landed and skid across the ground of lava while arming its staff.

Megadinozord charged with a full assault, swinging and chopping its blade. Red Dragon spun its staff, blocking and parrying. But each powerful blow of the broadsword forced the Thunderzord back a step. The Megadinozord clearly outmatched the Thunderzord in terms of raw strength.

“OK, Red Dragon. Time for our greatest hits. Dragon Staff! Whirling Force!”

The Thunderzord stepped back and twirled its staff with the speed of a helicopter propellor. The staff energized with crimson power, discharging sparks of light that floated like pedals. Red Dragon lunged and swung its staff through a streak of power, slashing the Megazord with massive bursts of spark.

Red Dragon pressed forward, using its staff like a pole vault and swinging towards its opponent. The Thunderzord circled the staff, launching a volley of kicks that slammed against the Megazord’s armor.

The Megazord held its ground and back-fisted the Thunderzord, blows sparking on impact.

Red Dragon spun its staff and speared the weapon towards the Megazord’s faceplate. The Megadinozord summoned its Mammoth Shield and blocked the staff, nearly knocking it from the Red Dragon Thunderzord’s hands.

“Sure…” Dragon Ranger grumbled. “Now you use the Mammoth Shield.”

Megadinozord shield-bashed the Red Dragon with bursts of spark.

The Red Ranger’s cockpit shook; Dragon Ranger cursed beneath his breath. “This is getting me nowhere.” He needed a plan. “And some serious back-up.”

Suddenly, a black point of energy ignited in front of Dragon Ranger. The energy solidified, forming a black Heaven Star Thunder Gem. The Red Ranger reached out and grabbed the gem, smiling beneath his helmet.

The gem belonged to the Shadow Dragon, a short-lived zord that fought alongside the Power Rangers during their battle against Lord Zedd years ago.

“Haven’t seen you in a while.” He tightened his grip on the gem. “Shadow Dragon, arise!”

The black-armored, medieval-styled dragon swooped from the skies. It opened its jaws and breathed a stream of energy, bashing the Megazord with massive bursts of spark, forcing the giant backward.

The Red Dragon crouched and leapt upward, shooting into a comet of crimson energy.

“Red Dragon Thunderzord…”

The Black Dragon ignited into a comet of power and shot upward.

“Shadow Dragonzord…”

The comets of power circled around one another.

“Armor merge to…”

The comets of power collided and combined, forming a single zord. The zord had the body of the Red Dragon, and wore the Black Dragon like armor plating. The Black Dragon’s head acted as the chest piece, and its claws formed gauntlets. Black wings extended from the zord’s back.

“Shadow-Armor Dragonzord!”

The Dragonzord dove and smashed its knee against the Megadinozord’s chest. The blow sparked on impact and forced the Megazord back several steps. The Dragon pressed forward, whipping around with a spin-kick against the Megazord’s head.

The Megazord slashed upward, but the Dragonzord shot backward to dodge. What the Dragonzord lacked in raw, physical strength, it made up for in speed and maneuverability.

Dragonzord swooped around the Megadinozord and grabbed the giant from behind.

“OK...let’s see what happens if I get you away from the Forge.”

The Dragonzord shot upward, carrying the Megadinozord. They blasted through clouds of energy and streams of power, into what passed as sky within the realm of consciousness and thought that made up the Astral Plane.

The Megadinozord continued to struggle as if maddened. The Megazord broke free from the Dragonzord and plummeted downward, unable to fly.

The Dragonzord swooped after the falling Megazord. In midair, the Megadinzord flipped backward, kicking the Dragonzord upside the head. The blow whipped the Dragonzord backward, and its wings flailed out of control.

The Megadinozord crashed with a thundering explosion that hurled shock waves upon shock waves, battering the Dragonzord with bursts of spark and hurling it across the landscape.

The Shadow-Armor Dragonzord crashed and skid across molten rock. The impact rocked the Red Ranger within his cockpit. But he stayed on his feet.

“Shadow Claws!” The Dragonzord thrust its Black Dragon gauntlet and fired darts of energy.

The Megazord used its Mammoth Shield to block the blasts with bursts of spark.

“Okay…” Dragon Ranger grumbled. “I can’t overpower him. I can’t get him away from the Forge.”

Then he realized, maybe he needed to go about this a different way, from a different angle. More accurately, from inside the Megazord.

“Get us as close as you can, Dragonzord…”

The Thunderzord snapped its wings and shot towards the Megazord. The Megadinozord slashed at its incoming opponent. But the Dragonzord swooped aside to dodge the blow.

Spinning, Dragonzord shot upward and dive-kicked the Megazord’s shoulders, driving the larger zord to the ground.

The Red Ranger leapt from his zord, landed on the Megazord’s head, and dove into its cockpit.

Nevada

Long led Simon through the ruins of a temple that had appeared in the middle of the Nevada desert. Dim light illuminated the interior of the temple, although Simon couldn’t identify the source. He saw no torches or windows, or even glowing energy orbs.

“I thought you said this place was in Demon City?” Simon asked.

“It is, and so are you,” Long said, with his usual smile, as if amused by an inside joke only he understood. “This temple exists at multiple points in space. We’re in the state called Nevada, and also in Demon City, California. Also, India, Saudi Arabia…”

“That’s not possible…”

“It is, it is, even by the physics you limited mortals pretend to grasp,” Long said. “Although...you’ll find physics and the laws of reality blurred in this temple.”

They entered a chamber circled by stone pillars. In the center of the chamber stood a dais with three empty displays. The entire chamber looked ancient, with worn and crumbling stone, and webs within the shadows.

“This is where Metatron inscribed the tablets shortly after the first turn of the Wheel of Time. The gods found themselves sealed off from the mortal plane, and spoke through him, so their knowledge could be passed down,” Long said.

He walked to the dias and placed the Demon Tablet on the center pedestal. As soon as he did, two other tablets appeared on the other stands. The Angel Tablet and Mortal Tablet.

Simon felt spiritual pressure from all three, as if they hummed in unison upon their reunion.

“How do we use them?” Simon asked.

“I will read them…” Long said. “And unlock their knowledge. I only need time. These ruins were considered ancient before the word or concept even existed.”

“Fine,” Simon said. “Just-”

Long snapped his head towards the entrance of the chamber. His face grew stern, serious and maddened. “It’s...them.”

“‘Them’ who?” Simon asked.

“Rangers,” Long said.

Simon sighed and shook his head. “I’ll take care of it…”

Nevada

Tommy had sent the Jungle Fury team to track down the Demon Tablet, hoping it held the secrets to banishing the gods from the mortal plane. Their first lead took them to the Nevada desert, where a strange temple had popped up out of nowhere.

The temple looked like a stepped pyramid of Aztec design, topped with the sculpture of a multi-headed dragon.

Casey, Theo and Lilly couldn’t help but feel chills as they approached the pyramid.

“Look at that dragon,” Theo said. “Remind you of anyone?”

Casey nodded. “Long. When he goes giant.”

“I sure hope he’s not in there,” Lilly said. “I’m really not in the mood for a rematch.”

“Can’t say I blame you,” Casey said. He looked into the distance and sighed. “I wish Dom and R.J. were here.”

“They should be here,” Theo said.

R.J had decided to join the Hurricane team in confronting Azmodai, and Dom offered to go with, leaving the core trio of the Jungle Fury team on their own.

They entered the temple slowly, keeping their eyes open for traps or an ambush. They didn’t see any source of light, and yet dim illumination ebbed through the interior of the temple. Hieroglyphs and runes covered the walls, thick with dirt and dust.

“See anything helpful?” Casey asked.

“Just dirt,” Theo said with disgust. “And more dirt.”

They didn’t notice Jarrod and Camille following them from the shadows.

Simon walked alone through a stone corridor. Shadows danced subtly along the walls, but he ignored the resulting shapes and sensations.

A voice whispered. “That can’t be...me?”

Simon stopped, recognizing the voice as his own, only younger. He looked at the nearest wall and saw a reflection of himself at age 12.

The former ranger sighed. “I’m not doing this…”

The younger Simon knitted his brow. “What happened to you?”

“I’m not doing this…” Simon turned away and started walking back down the corridors. But then, he stopped, a nagging feeling in the back of his mind. “You know...I remember being you. I dreamt of being a hero. Of saving people. I wanted to be a Ranger, pilot a zord, fight evil…” He shook his head. “You have no idea what you’re wishing for, kid. Do yourself a favor...stay young. The real world’s not a place where you want to be.”

Simon continued walking into the darkness.

Casey, Theo and Lilly entered a wide, empty room, with a single altar at the center. A massive archway stood on the other end of the room, and within the archway stood Simon, waiting.

He sighed. “You must be the Jungle Fury team…”

Casey tensed at the sight of the former ranger. “Simon Kaden…”

Simon nodded. “For the most part,” he said. “You three should turn around and leave. What you’re trying to do...it’s a waste of time. And if you get in our way, I won’t stop Long from killing you.”

“Long’s here?” Lilly asked.

Simon nodded. “He has the Demon Tablet. And the others.”

“Others?” Theo asked. “What others?”

“The Demon Tablet’s part of a set of three,” Simon said. “Once he unlocks their secrets, I’m taking them.”

“You can’t trust Long,” Lilly said. “He’ll-”

“I never said I do, this isn’t about trust,” Simon said. He lifted his hand, which ebbed with dark power. “Listen...I don't know you three. I really don’t, and don’t care to. I’ve got enough people in my life to worry about.”

Lilly arced an eyebrow. “Do you? Because you seem pretty alone.”

Simon tightened his fist with a burst of power that knocked the rangers off their feet.

They skid across the ground, but quickly rolled to their feet and attacked.

Casey moved with the speed of the tiger, with punches and palm-heel strikes. Simon blocked and kicked the ranger’s gut, sending him staggering backward. Theo and Lilly moved in, spinning with kicks and punches. Simon blocked their blows and narrowed his eyes, triggering an invisible TK burst that hurled them across the chamber.

Simon sighed and summoned his black katana with a burst of dark light. “This is why I told you to leave…”

Casey climbed to his feet, and his teammates regrouped around him. They armed their bracers.

“Jungle Beast! Spirit, unleash!”

They slapped their right fists against their left palms, triggering waves of aura energy that washed over them, morphing them into their armor.

They moved into fighting stances.

“With the strength of the tiger...Jungle Fury Red Ranger!”

“With the stealth of the jaguar...Jungle Fury Blue Ranger!”

“With the speed of the cheetah...Jungle Fury Yellow Ranger!”

“Savage Task Force...” Red Tiger shouted. Together they called out: “Jungle Fury Rangers!”

The three Rangers charged to attack.

Simon spun his sword to defend himself. He slashed Red Tiger, pommeled Blue Jaguar, and spin-kicked Yellow Cheetah.

The Red Ranger staggered but stayed on his feet. He slapped his right fist against his left palm. “Call to the Beast Inside! Tiger Spirit!”

He thrust his hands with a wave of red energy shaped like a tiger. Simon slashed through the wave and swung wide, firing a blade of red-and-black energy. The blast struck Red Tiger with bursts of spark, hurling him backward, crashing him into a wall.

Yellow Cheetah slapped her right fist against her left palm. “Cheetah Jabs!”

She lunged with volleys of hyper-speed punches. But Simon used aTK shield to block them all. He slashed the Yellow Ranger with a burst of spark that whipped her off her feet.

Blue Jaguar armed his weapons.

“Jungle Tonfa!” He dashed and swung through a series of strikes.

Simon dodged them all and slashed the Blue Ranger to the ground.

“That..wasn’t terrible. Body, Technique and Heart right? The Ninja Rangers had something similar...with their zords, though. The Shogun Megazord represented Body, the Ninja Megazord Technique, and the Falconzord Heart.”

“We didn’t ask for pointless Ranger trivia,” Blue Jaguar said.

“You should learn about your heritage,” Simon said. “It’s flawed but has merits.”

“You’re one to talk of legacy,” a voice said from the shadows. “You tried to rob me of my mine.”

Simon sighed. He looked to the darkness and saw Jarrod step from the shadows.

Red Tiger opened his eyes wide beneath his helmet. “Jarrod!”

“Did you follow us here?” Blue Jaguar asked.

Jarrod ignored them, glaring at Simon. “I sense DaiShi in you.”

“His mind is gone, but his power is mine,” Simon said. “I’ll tell you the same thing I told the others. Leave. This thing with you trying to be relevant? It isn’t working.”

“We will see.” Jarrod rolled his hands into fists. His aura ignited like purple and black flame. “RinJyu. Lion-Ken Rinki. RinkiGai Sou.

His aura took the shape of a lion and snapped around his body, morphing him into the armor of the Black Lion.

“Fist of the Beast King!”

He thrust his fist, firing a blast of energy shaped like the head of a lion.

Simon slashed the blast aside, knocking it towards the Red, Blue and Yellow Rangers. It smashed them with bursts of spark.

“Your powers should have never even existed,” Simon said, swinging his sword into a fighting stance. “This world was supposed to end. You? All of you? You’re the sequel nobody asked for.”

Black Lion charged with a flurry of punches and kicks Simon blocked and dodged. The Black Lion pulsed with Rinki, pouring his power into every blow. But none connected.

Simon countered, striking Black Lion in the chest. Neck. Kidney-shot. Side. Leg.

The former ranger kicked Black Lion with enough force to hurl him through a wall, stone and brick smashing to pieces.

“You’ll burn yourself out before you can take me,” Simon said.

The three Rangers climbed to their feet.

“Claw Boosters!" Their Claw Boosters flashed into their hands like Fist Weapons. They snapped the claws open and shouted: “Jungle Master Mode!”

KaGeki flared around them with orange and golden energy, morphing them into their Jungle Master Ranger forms.

Their KaGeki flared from their backs like thrusters. They shot towards Simon like cannonballs, claws slashing through streaks of power. Simon chopped them aside one by one, sending them flying through the walls, stone and concrete bursting into dust.

A tendril snapped from the shadows like a spear towards Simon’s head. He dodged, grabbed the tendril, and pulled, whipping Camille from the shadows. He spin-kicked the Green Chameleon to the ground.

“Camille!” Black Lion shouted. He flared with Rinki and shot towards Simon. “Ringi! Gouyuu Kou Ha!

His lion spirit flared and pounced. Simon slashed through the energy and grabbed Black Lion. The former ranger tossed him aside with a burst of TK and Ki. Black Lion slammed through a wall and crashed to the floor, skidding backward.

The Black Lion rolled to a stop and looked up. He found himself in the same chamber with Long and the Tablets.

Long smiled, insanity in his eyes. “Well...hello, old friend. Come here to die?”

The Astral Plane

Dragon Ranger entered the Megazord’s cockpit. Images, voices and screams assaulted him, as if reliving every moment the Megazord experienced, would experience or could have experienced, all in one download of memory and sensation.

The Red Ranger collapsed to his knees and grabbed the back of the center seat to keep from falling.

“Tommy…” a voice whispered.

He looked up to see an echo of Burai, the original Green Ranger. He appeared as a ghost, mostly translucent. Dragon Ranger tried to speak but felt...separated from his mouth? That was the best description he could give, like his body parts were scattered.

“In this place, in this realm of mind…” Burai said. “I am bound to everyone who has and will wear my shield. The next to wear my shield will be the last.”

Dragon Ranger climbed to his feet. Images shifted, both within the cockpit and through the viewport.

He tried to ignore the images, despite their SCREAMING FREAKING INTENSITY. He took a seat SERIOUSLY STFU and placed his hands on the SHUT UP command panel. He took a deep breath STOP TALKING, SELF, YOU SUCK and channeled the power, drinking in its energy I’LL DRINK IN YOUR ENERGY YOU SON OF A-.

The Ranger directed his energy into the Megazord BIG DINOSAUR ROBOT. THAT’S A REAL THING.

He whispered the names: “Mastodon… Pterodactyl… Triceratops… Sabertooth Tiger… Tyrannosaurus…” REMEMBER BROOM BALL? THAT WAS A REAL THING TOO. THAT YOU PLAYED. WILLINGLY.

“Come on guys.” YOU’RE A BROKEN RECORD.

“Wake up…” THE GREAT TOMMY FREAKING OLIVER.

“Seriously, wake up!” YOU’RE TALKING TO ROBOT DINOSAURS, WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?

He felt he Megazord’s spiritual pressure intensify and nearly crush him within the cockpit. His visor cracked HAS THAT EVER HAPPENED BEFORE? YOU DON’T KNOW BECAUSE YOU SUCK. SUCK SUCKITY SUCK SUCK SUCK.

“Can you just not?!” STOP SHOUTING CALM TF DOWN OMFG!!!

His helmet and armor shattered. IF WE HAD A DIME FOR EVERY FREAKING TIME THAT HAPPENED.

“LIKE, COULD SOMEBODY COME BACK TO THE MALL AND PICK ME UP BECAUSE I. AM. LIKE. TOTALLY. CONFUSED.”

YOU SLEPT WITH THAT.

Tommy couldn’t see or hear his surroundings anymore, just the madness, the same mindscape of nightmares that infected the Megazord.

“Okay…” he whispered to himself. “Okay...I can’t do this by force. I can’t do this by power alone. I need, I need…”

What forces could stand against the darkness?

An image ignited in his mind. The red symbol for virtue, which he wielded years ago as part of his Ranger power-up armor, the Armor of Wildfire.

“Virtue…” he whispered.

He thought of the symbols of his teammates from that time, even Billy.

“Justice...Life...Wisdom...Trust…”

He focused on those traits.

And he poured them into the Megazord.

He mustered all his courage, all his will, all his determination.

And he turned those traits against the shadows that gripped the Megazord.

He could feel the steel will of the Megazord, as well, fighting against the corruption.

Drawing on all his inner strength, he combined that will, the will of the Megazord, with his own. WOW THIS MEGAZORD’S GOT SOME DINO GUTS!

The resulting spiritual pressure shook the Astral Plane and rumbled the forge.

The corruption ignited within the Megazord, and then peeled back, as the mighty giant ripped free from the darkness.

The Megazord collapsed to one knee, and the impact jarred Tommy from the cockpit. He fell and crashed onto the ground of the Astral Plane near the Forge.

He looked up, and saw the Megazord as it should be-- armor gleaming, strong, free of shadow or darkness. The Red Dragon Thunderzord stood alongside the Megazord, as did the Black Dragon.

Slowly, they started to blur, glowing with Holy energy, as they faded away.

Exhaustion clenched Tommy-- not just from the conflict, but from the effort of channeling The Power consistently in Ranger form, a constant stream of energy that grown adult bodies couldn’t handle as well as younger teenagers.

With a breath of pain, Tommy collapsed.

---To be continued...Chapter 06

(author's note: the surprise appearance and the Ultimate Secret/Final Prophecy are in Part Two, next chapter. It was too big to post as one chapter)

Last edited by Ryuranger; August 20th, 2018 at 04:56 AM.
Old August 20th, 2018, 12:13 AM #77
> ⚡ShadowRanger

ShadowRanger

[CENTER]http://www.ryuranger.com/RANGERBOARD...gle%20Fury.bmp
“Justice...Life...Wisdom...Trust…”
He combed his will with the will of the Megazord. The res
He focused on those traits. And he poured them into the Megazord.
Think there's a bit missing there
Old August 20th, 2018, 04:58 AM #78
> Ryuranger
Ryuranger.com

Ryuranger
Ryuranger.com

Think there's a bit missing there
Aw, man...

Fixed.

Thanks, Shadow. That section was messy to proofread on account of the cap-lock interjections.
Old August 20th, 2018, 09:35 AM #79
> Ryuranger
Ryuranger.com

Ryuranger
Ryuranger.com

Chapter 06: Revealed, the Final Prophecy - Part Two

Beyond all space and time

Reality shattered, leaving shards of time and space in an endless void. The Ultimate Power Rangers journeyed through this void to learn the secrets of the end of existence. Using Ranger Keys, they unlocked Time Shards to slowly unravel the broken pieces of history.

The Shards revealed this story.

Demon City

Black Lion lunged to his feet and swung an energized punch towards Long’s face. Long side-stepped, shifted into his monster form, and slammed his palm against Black Lion’s chest, knocking him back.

“Little cub,” Long said mockingly. “I have no use for you.”

Green Chameleon leapt into the chamber. “Stay away from him!”

She armed her sai and landed with a double-chop. Long dodged and back-fisted her helmet, sending her staggering.

Nearby, Red Tiger climbed to his feet and regrouped with his teammates.

They looked towards the fight between Long, Black Lion, and Green Chameleon. Behind the villain, the three Tablets ebbed with power and spiritual pressure. Symbols and runes glowed and projected writing in languages lost since time began

“There!” Red Tiger shouted. “Those are the Tablets!”

The Red Ranger’s shout got Long’s attention.

The villain dashed faster than the Rangers could counter, his blows ebbing with golden Genki that sparked with each impact. He smashed his palm against Red Tiger’s chest, kicked Blue Jaguar upside the head, and side-kicked Yellow Cheetah.

The Rangers ignited their KaGeki and struck back, charging through streaks of power. Long ignited his own power, as did Black Lion and Green Chameleon. They all attacked, flaring with bursts of KaGeki, Rinki, and Genki, blows striking like thunder, lighting the chambers with bright bursts of gold, orange and purple.

Long bashed his opponents through walls and columns, lights flaring like lightning from the clash of Ki.

Simon let them fight, as their battle caused the temple to shake and start to crumble.

The former ranger moved towards the tablets and found himself transfixed by the runes they projected, more like code than language. The writings burned into his mind, and through his mind’s eye, he saw the faint outline of his former mentor, Tommy Oliver.

“Tommy…”

The vision of Tommy narrowed his eyes, seeing his former pupil. “Simon…”

“You see it too, don’t you?” Simon asked. “These writings. Or maybe...or maybe you don’t need to. What does this mean…”

“Simon.” His voice sounded distant, like a faint echo. “Whatever you’re trying to do-”

“This is the Final Prophecy, isn’t it?” Simon asked. “In these tablets. The Ultimate Secret…”

He reached out and grabbed the Demon Tablet.

And his mind ignited with the power of a supernova.

Astral Plane

Tommy moaned and sat up on the landscape of WTF IS THIS, GOLDEN THOUGHT MAGMA? WHATEVER IT’S CALLED.

He shook his head, his mind abuzz with BAT-SHIT CRAZY MADNESS.

“Okay…” he took deep breaths, closing his eyes, focusing on his power. “Okay...that can go ahead and stop anytime.”

He climbed to his feet. Still near the Forge, the skies swirled with fiery color and sound. Within the colors, he noticed the darkness, the shadow of the Dark One’s corruption. The darkness pooled and bled through the land of the mindscape.

“Okay…” he whispered. “Okay...I got the Megazord out of the way. Why is the Forge still...wrong.”

He started walking towards the Forge itself, a massive, twirling pit of fire and ice and flame and smoke. IT’S A FORGE, WE GET THE PICTURE, PLEASE STOP TALKING.

Suddenly, a shriek filled the air; the cry of a girl, tormented and insane.

“Dragon Ranger, no! Do not do it! Do not go in there!”

Tommy stopped in his tracks and looked over his shoulder. What he saw froze his bones, and chilled his skin. The voice came from a small, willowy girl with a white robe and long black hair. She stared ahead with solid black eyes.

He remembered her only as the Hell Child, a mysterious being that appeared years ago when the universe almost ended during the Second Countdown to Destruction.

“You…” Tommy whispered. He shook his head with disbelief. “You can’t be serious…”

“Do not go, Dragon Ranger. You must not enter the forge. You play with forces you do not comprehend.”

“And I suppose you do?”

“I do…” she whispered, floating towards the ranger. “Are you ready to learn my secret? I know now. I know who I am. What I am.”

“I thought you were some kind of half-demon, half-angel.”

“But so much more,” she whispered. “I am all that remains of the universe before yours. And the one before that. And the one before that. All the way to the First Firmament. I am the remaining knowledge, history and culture of the dead universes that preceded this one. I live outside the Wheel of Time, and within it. Above and below.”

Agitated, Tommy rolled his hands into fists. I’ve been dealing with way too many cryptic surprises lately… “Skip to the point. Why are you here? Why now?”

“I always appear. At the End. That is when I take form, when the universe is about to pass on and embrace the fate of destruction. This was to pass years ago. But you stopped it. Now, the time has come again. Only this time...the very fiber of creation will unravel. That is why you cannot enter the forge.”

“I have to,” Tommy said. “I need to slam the Dark One back in his prison, and lock it tight. I can’t let him destroy our world. I won’t.”

The Hell Child tilted her head and looked aside. “The Ultimate Secret…To do what you must do, you will reveal it, and all will descend into madness.”

That made Tommy pause. He’d heard enough about the Ultimate Secret during the past few years to know to tread lightly when it was brought up, especially by strange beings with metaphysical baggage.

“What do you mean…?” he asked.

“I will show you, so that you cannot see.”

“You...huh?”

Before he could ask, she reached out and touched his head. And then...

Tommy’s mind snapped back into his body. His heart pounded in his chest. His head throbbed. His hairs stood on end. Words and colors danced through his mind’s eye. His ears throbbed with anti-music. He heaved and vomited, his whole body shaking, his vision blurred and focused. Numbness spread through his body. Yet he could feel every pore of his skin. Every nerve ending. The energy of his mind firing back and forth, touching his soul, his existence, his past, his future.

He wretched again.

Then again, spasming.

Shaking.

His body went limp, and he fell to his side.

“What the hell just happened?” he asked between breaths.

“Your mind expanded to encompass the truth of all things. The truth hidden within my maddened soul. The nature of reality. Time and space. The universe, and the universe that came before. Every plane of existence. Every dimension and reality. Do you see?”

“No...not in the slightest.”

“I suppose not.” She tilted her head, her black eyes vacant, yet piercing. “It would be like a single cell of your body suddenly gaining the consciousness of a god. How could it describe such an experience, something so far beyond its being? Incomprehensible. Maddening.”

She looked towards the forge. “To reveal the Ultimate Secret is to reveal that madness upon all of creation.”

“Listen…” Tommy said, his voice hoarse, as he climbed to his feet. “You want me to admit I’m in over my head? Fine. I admit it. I’m in over my head. But all I can do...all I can do is what I know how. I can use that forge to bring back all the powers lost during the Second Countdown to Destruction. I can use those powers to reseal the Dark One. If you know so much, if you have all this knowledge and history...then help me. Help me do it right.”

Suddenly, a burst of fire splashed against the Hell Child and hurled her backward.

Tommy snapped into a defensive stance and turned to face the attacker: The Phoenix. Still wearing the form of Kimberly, she floated downward and landed beside the ranger.

“Don’t listen to her, Tommy…” the Phoenix said.

The Hell Child hovered in midair and spread her arms, dissipating the Phoenix Flame. “You strike me? You may be the Power of Creation. But I am the Totality of Eons.”

“You’re a relic of the past’s past,” the Phoenix said.

“Stop!” Tommy shouted. “I didn’t come here to watch cosmic forces slug it out. One of you tell me what the hell is going on.”

“The Forge tainted more than your Megazord,” the Hell Child said. “Your Megazord was but a pet, for the master of the Forge.”

“The who?”

“The Blacksmith. One of the first cosmic beings given life by the Creator, to craft the first cosmos before space and time. Didn’t you ever wonder what happened to them, to the celestial beings that forged the very fabric of creation?”

“I…” Tommy sighed. “I need a drink.”

“The Blacksmith worked the Forge, tended to it, as it created worlds and galaxies, as his brothers and sisters seeded creation. Now that the Forge has become corrupt...so too, has the Blacksmith. He took your Megazord as his pet. And now that you have defeated that pet...the Blacksmith has returned…”

A shadow fell over the entirety of the Astral Plane. In the skies above, all of the skies, the Blacksmith appeared.
He looked massive, with mountains growing from his shoulders, and hilltops across his knuckles. Muscles flexed beneath skin of golden fire, tainted with wisps of shadow. The cosmic being’s eyes burned with crimson light as bright as red suns. In his two hands, he carried a staff tipped with a hammer the size of the moon.

The Hell Child looked up at the massive being of pure cosmic force. “The Dark One’s taint runs deep. It grips him. He will turn the forge into a thing of nightmares, revealing the Final Prophecy. The Ultimate Secret.”

Tommy had traveled the galaxy and parallel dimensions, fought gods and demons. But this...he had no idea how to fight or stop this.

He looked to the Phoenix. “You have to help me.”

The Phoenix, the fire of creation itself, trembled. “You are looking at a being who used my power as a tool. He wielded me as simply as you would strike a match.”

The cosmic being tightened his fist, and the shock wave shook the Astral Plane in its infinite entirety. Tommy felt his body vibrate and nearly shatter to pieces. But the Phoenix wrapped him safely in the wings of her flame.

“Go back,” she whispered. “Back to the mortal plane. You can’t possibly survive here.”

“I’m not finished…”

Below, the Hell Child laughed and spread her arms wide. The Astral Plane shook and thrashed, strangled by darkness, and she reveled in it. “Death and rebirth. Death and rebirth! DEATH AND REBIRTH!”

Her eyes opened wide, black voids that pulsed with the power of dead universes. Her body started to scab and peel, revealing the dead stars and planets within her soul. Galaxies. Dimensions. The First Firmament and those that followed.

“I warned you, Dragon Ranger, I warned you! And now, even I cannot stop it! The souls of eons cry out for release!

Tommy wrinkled his brow, barely able to see what his mind could not comprehend, the living history of dead universes that preceded his own. Infinite death. Infinite madness. Infinite pain. Released.

Then it dawned on him. He understood what he was watching.

The Hell Child’s death would break the Final Seal.

She screamed and shattered into pieces, into undead scraps of cosmic fabric.

The forge bellowed with energy, dark power with the intensity of a black hole.

“No…” Tommy whispered. “No!”

He broke free of the Phoenix and dove towards the forge. Immediately, he felt the primal power of the Astral Plane tear at his body. He used his Soul, fueled by his Spirit, to fortify his existence. And he plunged into the forge, into the molten magma of cosmic force.

The Phoenix, as if by the reflex of a heart that was never truly hers, dove after him. A bird of the fire of life, she dove into the forge and enveloped Tommy with her wings, using her cosmic might to reinforce the power of his spirit, which burned from the use of the One Power.

The former ranger channeled as he never had before, glowing red from The Power that poured through the veins of his soul. He pushed that red energy aside and drew deeper, as deep as he could, from the heart of the One Power, the source of the stream of energy that turned the Wheel of Time itself. He channeled that pure energy and ignited within the forge.

Aglow, he traced across his left palm, calling on the stain of the Dark Man, the stain of Death. That power peeled from his being like scraps of emptiness, then filled by Phoenix flame. The power of death. The power of life. Combined.

Tommy called for his talisman, artifacts he collected while unraveling the secrets of restoring the powers lost during the Second Countdown to Destruction. They circled around him and ignited.

Tommy felt his mind expand, from his body, through the forge, through...

Tommy found himself in darkness. Complete and total black. He lifted his hand in front of his face but saw nothing. He didn’t even notice flutters of residual light dancing across his vision. Just pure black.

“What the hell…?”

A voice whispered from the darkness. “Dragon Ranger…”

Tommy narrowed his eyes. He didn’t recognize the voice. “The last thing I need right now is another cryptic stranger. Who are you?”

“You know me, Tommy. And you know where you are. Deep down…”

The ranger shook his head. “I really don’t…”

“You are at the core of creation. The core of existence. The Void. That which came before time and space, before the Creator, and before the energies that gave him birth. Before the beginning, before the end and after, there was, and is, Void.”

“What does that make you?” Tommy asked.

“A creature of the Void. A...Nightmare.”

Chills crept down Tommy’s spine. “Nightmare?”

Years ago, Tommy and the Power Rangers battled a demon that forced them to face their greatest nightmares. They defeated the demon, Nightmare, and never heard from it again. Until now, apparently.

“That’s not even remotely possible,” Tommy said.

“Isn’t it? Did you ever wonder what, exactly, I am?”

Tommy shook his head. “Didn’t give it much thought…”

“I am the first denizen of the Dark Astral Plane.”

Tommy arced an eyebrow. “The what?”

“The Astral Plane is the realm of the mind, the subconsciousness and dreams. It is, in a sense, generated by the minds of mortals, immortals and all beings who possess consciousness and thought. On the underside of this realm, is the Dark Astral Plane...a realm of nightmares and hidden fears, insecurity and despair.

“Through the power of the Astral Plane, and its Forge, dreams become worlds. Entire universes. Within the Dark Astral Plane, the same is true of nightmares. Your greatest fears and horrors become worlds of their own. You’ve seen glimpses of these worlds, on the way to the Forge. Twisted versions of yourself, born from your nightmares.

“By the natural order, the alternate realities of the Dark Astral Plane are brief, born only to die. They are worlds that should never have existed, and will never know the light. But these worlds have grown in intensity. And as they have done so, the power of Nightmare has seeped into the Astral Plane.”

Tommy shook his head. “I thought all the corruption was from the Dark One, bubbles of evil rising from his prison...”

“The Dark One is not the source of corruption. He is the first victim of corruption. The first to give into fear and despair. The first to give into the pull and force of Nightmare. Do you remember his true name? Solitace. It is no mere coincidence that his name became synonymous with loneliness. The bubbles of evil rising from his prison, corrupting reality, corrupting the Astral Plane, are bubbles of Nightmare. Fear and despair. Loneliness. The driving force of the Dark Astral Plane.”

“How is that possible?” Tommy asked. “If the Dark One wasn’t the source, just the victim...where did the corruption come from?”

“Mankind carries the Void within themselves. Life created the Void..and from the Void came Life.”

Tommy sighed. “You’re giving me a serious headache.”

“Do not think in such linear terms. There is no linear time in the Void. It simply is. The nature of all reality is Void. We are born from Void, born into Void, and pass into Void. Do you know why infant mortals cry when they enter the world? Their first sensation is separation. Loneliness. And this terrifies them. Their entire existence then revolves around filling that emptiness. From this drive, dreams are born, as are nightmares.”

“So that's the Ultimate Secret? Dreams create worlds, but so do nightmares? I’ve got to say, that’s kind of a let down after all the build up.” He sighed and shook his head, thinking through what the Nightmare told him. Trying to, at least. “So this Dark Astral Plane…it comes from Nightmares. And the Nightmare is what corrupted the Dark One, before time and space.”

“An oversimplified explanation, but not untrue,” Nightmare whispered.

“And you’re some..demon from the Dark Astral Plane.”

“The embodiment of Nightmare. And it is the power of Nightmare that fuels the Dark One and his corrupting evil. If he is released, he will drag all of existence into the depths of darkness, the depths of Nightmare, the Dark Astral Plane. Your existence, and ultimately, others…”

“Others?”

“Look around you. What do you see? You see nothing.Void.”

A single point of light flared; dim, but intense against the backdrop of pure darkness.

“This light is the cosmos crafted by your Creator. The Wheel of Time, and the alternate realities and dimensions cast by its shadow. Every facet and plane of existence that you know and have yet to discover. The Astral Plane. Your entire multiverse and all its iterations, past, present and future. Everything your mind can comprehend, within this light.”

Another light ignited. “Here, another creation, a completely separate existence and reality, with its own multiverse, its own planes of existence, its own origin, creator and gods, its own rules for governing time and space.”

Another light ignited. And another. And another. Until the lights numbered as many as the stars in the sky.

“The totality of existence you know is nothing but a spec among a field of creations. Binding them all…”

“Is Void…” Tommy whispered.

“The Void is not evil, or good. It is simply the root of existence, the source of entire realities, of dreams and nightmares. It binds all, every existence, every multiverse. As long as there is Void, there will be Nightmare. And there will always be Void.”

“So there will always be Nightmare,” Tommy said. “You can’t be destroyed.”

“No. You can lock the Dark One back in his prison. You can restore the seals that bind him. But the Nightmare will continue to thrive. And the Dark Astral Plane will continue to grow...until it swallows everything into its madness. This is the Final Prophecy.”

“Well...one problem at a time,” Tommy whispered. “If I can stop the Dark One from dragging everything into the Dark Astral Plane, that’s still a win.”

“Temporary, at best. The state of creation is dire. Brother fights against brother, the brave fight against the brave. Men act as beasts, driven by primal rage. If the Dark One does not drag creation into the Nightmare, something else will.”

“Why are you telling me this? If the Nightmare is what’s corrupting everything, and you are the Nightmare...you’re not exactly on my side.”

“I am on no side. I am a force of nature. To understand my existence is madness.”

Tommy shook his head and looked around, from point of light to point of light. He’d wasted enough time here. So the Nightmare was essentially the source of all evil, and it corrupted the Dark One. Fine. That didn’t change anything. He still needed to stop the Dark One.

The ranger sat down, crossed his legs, and closed his eyes. He placed his right fist against his left palm. “To understand you is madness? Fine. I’m about to go mad.”

“You cannot-”

“Here’s the thing, I need the Forge. And you’re in my way. That’s all I need to understand.”

He reached out with his mind, and immediately felt the chill of loneliness.

Despair.

Pain.

Loss of everything and everyone, separated from his friends and family, useless against the powers around him, evil and misuse, why did he let himself be bullied when he could strike out and end them all, he needed more power, his loss, they took her from him, Shannon, Kimberly, make them all pay, no one should hurt like that, no one should go through that pain again, the death and destruction around him, he killed Hunter and Blake’s parents, he could bring order to it all, he could end it all and start again, he just needed to stop it, stop it all, Billy lost his mom, Kimberly never had a family, not really, Trini’s dad, Rocky’s dad, Justin’s dad, Simon’s dad, Tommy’s dad, Cy, Drew was just a kid, the Turbos were just kids, he was just a kid, why did he let Zordon die, Sensei die, why didn’t he take care of his sister, Jason’s sister, what if he lost control, what if he fought and made it worse, what if he became something worse than the Dark One, Simon, he failed Simon, tried to guide him but lost him, he died and came back, but came back as something different, did he have to fight him, did he have to kill him…

Tommy’s eyes snapped open, and he gasped for air.

Nightmare brushed his mind and spoke. “Not so easy…”

The ranger closed his eyes and reached out with his mind, again. This time, he reinforced his heart and soul. And he reached into the deepest depths of his nightmares. He touched the fear and self-loathing he felt after becoming Bandora’s Evil Green Ranger, the doubt he felt when becoming the Red Dragon Ranger, the guilt over losing Kou, Shannon, Kim…

His mind drifted to the last time he spoke with Kim. He’d learned Kimberly had a child, his child, after moving to Florida, but never told him. She blamed him. She didn’t want him in their son’s life, because of Tommy’s life as a Ranger.

He didn’t take the news well, at the time. He didn’t try to hide his anger. They had yelled at each other. Shouted. And then, then she had died, during the Second Countdown to Destruction.

His guilt threatened to swallow him.

“Kim…” Tommy whispered. “I’m sorry. Sorry I wasn’t there when you needed me...sorry you didn’t feel like you could come to me...sorry for the way I acted. I didn’t even give you a chance...to try to understand what you were going through…”

Tyler…

“What kind of father am I?” he whispered to himself. He thought about the life he gave to his son, and to Ashley, and grief weighed him down. “You both deserve more...better.”

And what kind of world did they have for their future? Not much of one, if any. Even if Tommy defeated the Dark One, even if he restored the world to a sense of normal...Nightmare plagued everything, and always would.

“I’m sorry…” he whispered again.

Then, for just a moment, his mind flashed back. He remembered a time, years ago, when he served the Power Rangers as the Green Ranger. When he lost his powers. He felt alone and hopeless, crippled with self-doubt.

But Kimberly reached out to him. And, as she strummed her guitar, she sang...

Down the road, we never know
What life may have in store.
Winds of change will rearrange
Our lives more than before…

The song filled Tommy with a sense of comfort. Light. He felt her friendship. Her love, and the love of his friends. Jason, like an older brother. Rocky and Justin, like younger ones. And Simon...like a son.

“I won’t give up on you…” he whispered. “Ashley...Tyler...Teddy...Chelsea...Nick…”

But you’ll never stand alone, my friend.
Memories will never die.
In our hearts they’ll always live
And never...say goodbye.
And never...say goodbye.

“Kimberly…”

He felt the power of the Phoenix Force reach towards him, flame alight with love and passion. And he called on that power, using it to ignite the Void, to burn back the Nightmare. His fears, his insecurities, they screamed, screamed against the light that burnt them into the background, that dissipated their shadow.

From the fire of rebirth, Tommy felt love and power, a connectedness to every aspect of his being, to every living memory, to every friend and family member, and every unseen face under his protection as a champion of the Earth.

He thought of them, he felt them, and he whispered, “May The Power protect you all…”

A flicker grew to a flame that burnt the corruption from the heart of the Forge. And through the Forge, The Power lived on.

Demon City

Simon saw it all. Through the Tablets, he watched Tommy leap into the Forge and land in the Void. He listened to the tale of Nightmare. And he saw Tommy ignite the Forge with power, cleansing its corruption.

Symbols flashed from the Forge, the symbols of the powers lost during the Second Countdown to Destruction, seemingly reformed.

In the back of his mind, he sensed the long-missed presence of his first zord…

“Gao Lion…” he whispered.

Without thinking, he turned from the Tablets and ran, leaving the temple, and sprinting into the ruined streets of Demon City. He looked up into the sky, expecting to see Anamarium returned, along with the Wildzords.

Instead, he felt the gaze of Gao Lion...and Gao Lion’s disappointment. With a low rumble of disapproval, the gaze turned away, and disappeared, leaving Simon to stand alone.

---To be continued...Chapter 07
Old August 20th, 2018, 12:53 PM #80
> ⚡ShadowRanger

ShadowRanger

***Ryuranger felt a little strange as he woke up. Those sleeping darts tend to leave a bit of a hangover, don't ya know? He was used to being in unusual situations, but to find himself strapped naked to an old fashioned rack with only a comically oversized icecream cone to preserve his dignity - he really wished they'd removed the icecream first - meant this wasn't just another Sunday morning after a late night at the Gentlemen's club.

"You promised us one return," a voice said.

He looked up to find himself staring at a dominatrix with what appeared to be a pineapple in one hand and a whip in the other. With the red furred boa and tight black stockings, Ryu had to admit it was one of the ugliest men he had ever met.

"You teased us with this return, and then you decide to make it more? Did you think people wouldn't count Ryu?"

Up close Ryu recognised his tormenter. How could he not recognised somebody he had tried to forget.

"Ivan?"

An older, dried up Ivan Ooze stared at him, broken from years of teasing for being defeated by Turbo Rangers.

"You killed me Ryu, with the joke of Ranger teams. Now for my revenge. Ryu, I give you madness..."

Ivan wheeled in a 60 inch plasma screen tv and loaded up youtube, set it to repeat and went off to await the next part of his story.

"No, Ivan!" Ryu cried, sounding more than a little like Kimberly... likely because of the icecream. Too late, the video commenced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_WaocAXaqY

----

Loved the chapter Ryu. Really pleased to see the Hell Child got an identity at long last.

Last edited by ShadowRanger; August 20th, 2018 at 01:04 PM.