Home Menu

Menu

Old July 16th, 2016, 06:52 PM #241
> Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Allio wrote: View Post

Why not have her play Freddie? I mean, she already plays best character.
I was wondering that too.

GreenBeastFist wrote: View Post

Wicked World has been renewed for a season 2, which will have Bradley Steven Perry as Yzma's son, Zevon. Also, Lauryn McClain will voice Freddie in the new season, taking over for China Anne McClain. Most likely because she's Uma.

http://tvline.com/2016/07/13/descend...st-characters/

I was wondering when they would add another boy to the show.
I imagined that would only happen if they added one for the main films. It's not like Wicked World uses any of the boys much.

White Genesis wrote: View Post

Yzma's son? Shouldn't that be great grandson given her age?
Saw the season finale tonight. I thought it was lame how they just let Hook's daughter go.
I'm can't remember, which film was Yzma from?

White Genesis wrote: View Post

The tie-in prequel novel actually explains how they were brought back to be imprisoned on the Isle of the Lost.
johnboy3434 wrote: View Post

...They were brought back from the dead for the specific purpose of being put in prison? That's, like, cartoonishly cruel and unusual. And it's stupid, too: How could they possibly be less of threat in prison than when they were trapped forever in the great beyond?
It might be because death doesn't always stop them (I seem to remember Jafar being discussed earlier).

But yes, it does seem to be a bit cruel, and rather stupid considering the complete lack of oversight they gave them. Also, if they had the ability to revive people, why did they not start with Snow White's father and go from there, instead of the villains? Well, actually that one's understandable, if they had then they couldn't justify not doing the same for everyone else in the kingdom(s).

I think my new headcanon for this is that they stopped using magic because they were so horrified that they'd freed their villains, and The Isle was a knee-jerk reaction to it, that Fairy Godmother in particular and possibly the others too decided they couldn't trust themselves with that sort of power anymore.

johnboy3434 wrote: View Post

Chernabog has been criminally underused as a villain. While Čĭrnŭbogŭ is technically a character from Slavic mythology, in Fantasia he's basically a stand-in for Satan (Walt Disney even referred to him as "the devil" in one of his television specials). By all rights, he should be the leader whenever Disney villains team up, but that role usually falls to Maleficent.
Well, I remember The Coachman being some sort of devil too, not to mention the absolute worst you could have left anywhere near children, but he seldom appears in Disney works. Assuming they aren't the same person; I've never seen Fantasia and I'm not that good on alternate names. Maleficent? Yes, why is that? She never really seemed the type for teamwork. TBF that was because she was saddled with idiotic lackeys (the exception being the crow [or blackbird, or raven or whatever it was supposed to be]) but still, she doesn't really seem the sort for leading anything.
Long Time Newbie is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2016, 06:55 PM #242
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

Long Time Newbie wrote: View Post

I imagined that would only happen if they added one for the main films. It's not like Wicked World uses any of the boys much.
Good point, I think Jay and Carlos only appear twice each this season.

I'm can't remember, which film was Yzma from?
Emperor's New Groove.
AkaGreen is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2016, 05:08 AM #243
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

Okay, after watching these new episodes (despite the plot being cringy) I can say without a doubt, my favorite characters have to be Freddie and Ally.

so yeah. I ship Freddie and Ally.

CJ, I have mixed feelings
Allio is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2016, 06:27 PM #244
> Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Good point, I think Jay and Carlos only appear twice each this season.
Something like that, though Ben manages a little more.

Emperor's New Groove.
That would explain it then, I haven't seen that.

Okay, after watching these new episodes (despite the plot being cringy) I can say without a doubt, my favorite characters have to be Freddie and Ally.

so yeah. I ship Freddie and Ally.

CJ, I have mixed feelings
Well, CJ has at least given it something faintly resembling a plot.

Ally/Freddie? I'd prefer Ally/Jane myself but sure, why not. {Remembers this is not a shipping thread.} So do you think CJ will be main antagonist in the next film, or will it be dropped because she cannot command a large fanbase?

Certainly if she is a major character then Captain Hook would have to be too I think, Disney cannot rely on an OC from a cheap spin-off to carry the film on her own. Let's face it, most of the best bits in the first one involved the assorted villains in some way.
Old July 21st, 2016, 06:57 PM #245
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

I assume that the villain is Uma, Ursala's daughter; with Ursula herself being the major big bad...because we can't have none of these students be actually evil.
Old July 22nd, 2016, 11:44 PM #246
> Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

^ Makes coughing sound a bit like 'CJ'. For the most part she might restrict herself to petty theft and sabotage, almost a female version of Jay, but she also tied up the king.

Then again, when compared to Mal dosing him with love potion nothing CJ does really qualifies.

And even though Chad wasn't evil, he certainly wasn't nice. An eastern fox or a snake is perhaps how I'd best describe him. He will not lie, but the version of the truth he presents is hardly fair or complete, and not certainly not done with the nicest of intentions.

Also, Ursula? Will our main characters have to learn how to swim at some point or other?
Old July 23rd, 2016, 12:18 AM #247
> White Genesis
Power Ranger

White Genesis
Power Ranger

I'm curious as to why Jay doesn't have magic. Shouldn't he be half-genie?
White Genesis is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2016, 12:36 AM #248
> Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Admittedly it's been a long time since I saw it but didn't Jafar get stripped of his genie status by the end of Return of Jafar?

Also, neither he nor Jay have a lamp (or similar device) to provide the curse counterbalance.

Beyond that I have nothing outside of 'Disney wanted that to be Jordan's schtick, then waffled over it' and they wanted Jay to be brute force.

Or Jay might be like Jane and have the gift but not know how to use it.
Old July 23rd, 2016, 04:49 AM #249
> GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

Admittedly it's been a long time since I saw it but didn't Jafar get stripped of his genie status by the end of Return of Jafar?
His lamp was destroyed, and that straight-up killed him. Maybe when he was brought back, the absence of the lamp meant no more genie powers?
GetTheeToABrewery is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2016, 06:40 AM #250
> Cancer0081
Team Aqua member

Cancer0081
Team Aqua member

Jafar wasn't magic to begin with. he used a hypnotic device in his staff before asking for genie powers.
Cancer0081 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2016, 02:45 PM #251
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

They've cast Captain Hook's son, Harry, in Descendants 2. The actor's name is Thomas Doherty.

https://ohmy.disney.com/news/2016/08...descendants-2/

Old August 18th, 2016, 03:51 PM #252
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

2 kids, that's a surprise
Old August 22nd, 2016, 03:48 PM #253
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

And we have Gaston's son, Gil. Played by Dylan Playfair.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/19...dants-2-gaston
Old August 22nd, 2016, 05:03 PM #254
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

kind of reminds me of the joke OC that was made on /co/ for Gaston's kid. He is still Gaston in terms of skill, but he is the 4th child, meaning that even though he is great, his brothers always gets the gold silver or bronze.

So even though he had the skills, he never was interested in the sports since his brothers were always the top, so there was never a place for him - his brothers love him, but there was never room for him.

So he turns to reading, a way for him to be the star of his own story (like how Jay has become a street rat) and prefers to read as it is more thrilling than never getting the gold.

Because of this, he gets a little part time job on the island where Freddie works with...and as per the usual Freddie shenanigans, alot of teasing comes from her.

though, makes you wonder why it isn't just Gaston Junior

Last edited by Allio; August 22nd, 2016 at 05:10 PM.
Old August 24th, 2016, 02:53 PM #255
> Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

2 kids, that's a surprise
Yet there's been no cast announcement for CJ, or Ally or Jordan for that matter. So while he may technically have two kids, I wouldn't put too much hope in them interacting in any way.

kind of reminds me of the joke OC that was made on /co/ for Gaston's kid. He is still Gaston in terms of skill, but he is the 4th child, meaning that even though he is great, his brothers always gets the gold silver or bronze.

So even though he had the skills, he never was interested in the sports since his brothers were always the top, so there was never a place for him - his brothers love him, but there was never room for him.

So he turns to reading, a way for him to be the star of his own story (like how Jay has become a street rat) and prefers to read as it is more thrilling than never getting the gold.

Because of this, he gets a little part time job on the island where Freddie works with...and as per the usual Freddie shenanigans, alot of teasing comes from her.

though, makes you wonder why it isn't just Gaston Junior
So many questions. First of, /co/?

So I'm assuming this is either an rp or a collaborative fanfic, would I be right?

You know, that sounds like a legitimate character history.

As for Gaston Junior, I'm thinking the books are probably AU, with the possible exception of Mal Spellbook.
Old September 16th, 2016, 02:25 PM #256
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

Everyone's getting a new look in the sequel.

Ben's getting a VK makeover?

...Why?
Old September 16th, 2016, 03:10 PM #257
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

Everyone looks weird a, kind of looks like Eve and mal switched outfits; guess Ben is trying to fit in.

So many questions. First of, /co/?

So I'm assuming this is either an rp or a collaborative fanfic, would I be right?

You know, that sounds like a legitimate character history.

As for Gaston Junior, I'm thinking the books are probably AU, with the possible exception of Mal Spellbook.

On /co/ we were making fun of Descendants.

It seems for the most part, the books, movie and shorts are all seperate canons - at least going by Captain Hook
Old September 17th, 2016, 12:59 AM #258
> Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Everyone's getting a new look in the sequel.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsfaUYcXgAA9QEy.jpg

Ben's getting a VK makeover?

...Why?
Oh dear lord, what next? While you can't judge a character solely on costume, if their personalities go the same way then Audrey will be the only character left that I actually like.

Jay's outfit looks like a natural progression for him, but what's happened to Carlos?

On a closer look I'm not seeing much difference for Evie and the only change to Mal that I see is the straighter hair.

Everyone looks weird a, kind of looks like Eve and mal switched outfits; guess Ben is trying to fit in.
Ben's look would make sense, if he found himself trapped on the Isle. In those circumstances the first thing he should do should be to get out of the regalia before a flash mob of villains found and quartered him.

On /co/ we were making fun of Descendants.

It seems for the most part, the books, movie and shorts are all seperate canons - at least going by Captain Hook
I was asking what '/co/' was?

Maybe not complete separate canons, but possibly separate continuities or even tiered continuities whereby the films take stuff from the others when it suits them but leaves the rest, similar to Thrawn being the newest major enemy in Star Wars Rebels.
Old September 17th, 2016, 07:12 AM #259
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

I was asking what '/co/' was?

Maybe not complete separate canons, but possibly separate continuities or even tiered continuities whereby the films take stuff from the others when it suits them but leaves the rest, similar to Thrawn being the newest major enemy in Star Wars Rebels.
/co/ as in 4chan
Old October 26th, 2016, 11:49 AM #260
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

Here's the story:

In the upcoming sequel, the story deepens in the music-driven sequel to the global smash hit Descendants, as the teenage sons and daughters of Disney’s most infamous villains * Mal (Dove Cameron), Evie (Sofia Carson), Carlos (Cameron Boyce) and Jay (Booboo Stewart) * try to find their place in idyllic Auradon. When the pressure to be royally perfect becomes too much for Mal, she returns to her rotten roots on the Isle of the Lost where her archenemy Uma, the daughter of Ursula, has taken her spot as self-proclaimed queen of the run-down town.

Uma (China Anne McClain), still resentful over not being selected by Ben (Mitchell Hope) to go to Auradon Prep with the other Villain Kids, stirs her pirate gang * including Captain Hook’s son Harry (Thomas Doherty) and Gaston’s son Gil (Dylan Playfair) * to break the barrier between the Isle of the Lost and Auradon, and unleash all the villains imprisoned on the Isle, once and for all.
It honestly sounds pretty interesting.

Also, a possible look at Captain Hook's ship:

All info from here.