Menu

Closed

Old July 25th, 2018, 11:34 AM #61
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Dyl wrote: View Post

It is the real thing, the amazon market place usually sells items for a lot cheaper than the company price. That's how I was able to get the rest of the legacy zeo guys, and the sentai dvds.

A cheap costing item doesn't always equate to being a bootleg.
It's not about the price, but the fact that you got them from Amazon marketplace sellers. They can be just as shady as some sellers on eBay, who have been putting up bootlegs of Shout! Factory titles there. I've bought things from Amazon marketplace sellers who listed things as brand new, and cheap or not, they weren't in the condition promised.
Old July 25th, 2018, 12:32 PM #62
> DarthKamen
Just RESET.....

DarthKamen
Just RESET.....

I got figuarts Zero Drive. Yay for being in the minority on liking lazy repaints!

Storm Eagle wrote: View Post

If you use that emoticon when mentioning Ninja Steel, then you don't need Ninja Steel.
Normally I'd agree, but that box art....
Old July 25th, 2018, 04:02 PM #63
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

DarthKamen wrote: View Post

I don't mind adding it to my collection. I'm especially glad that it'll even include the two holiday episodes. My only gripe is that I can't get it on Blu-ray, but that's their own fault.

As for my haul of today...Digimon Adventure tri.: Coexistence.

Old July 25th, 2018, 04:23 PM #64
> MysteryRanger
Power Ranger

MysteryRanger
Power Ranger

RockyDeSantos wrote: View Post

NES Classic Mini Snip
Congrats I too have one and oh am I having fun playing it
Old July 25th, 2018, 08:42 PM #65
> ⚡Dyl
Install Megaranger!

eBay
Dyl
Install Megaranger!

eBay

It's not about the price, but the fact that you got them from Amazon marketplace sellers. They can be just as shady as some sellers on eBay, who have been putting up bootlegs of Shout! Factory titles there. I've bought things from Amazon marketplace sellers who listed things as brand new, and cheap or not, they weren't in the condition promised.
I understand but I know what to look out for especially since I've seen these in person many times. I got played 10+ years ago with the complete friend's set. He was selling it saying it's authentic and it was a fake. Back then there wasn't much protection for the buyer like there is now. Like Volume 2 of Zeo arrived with the plastic wrapping all torn, and it had a half ripped best buy sticker on it, and near the bar sharp object was used to remove something (I'm guessing a best buy sticker). I reported it right away and I got my money back. They can't get away with those scams today, maybe with a person who doesn't know any better. But once it's reported to Amazon they have your back. Plus I go through the seller's feed back in detail before I make a purchase and any one below 99% I don't take a chance with.

It's just slightly annoying that the first few seasons before LG have a volume 1 and 2 instead of just having a singular set. But I guess that's what I get for not investing in the boxsets.
Old July 26th, 2018, 12:41 AM #66
> Red Dino Ranger
Defender of Earth

eBay
Red Dino Ranger
Defender of Earth

eBay

If you use that emoticon when mentioning Ninja Steel, then you don't need Ninja Steel.
Technically, you're right - I don't see myself ever rewatching it. However what happens when (hopefully) "Beast Morphers" rolls out in a few years - wouldn't want to have a hole in the collection. And I do like the cover art on Ninja Steel.

I'll get it eventually, for completion's sake, but only after a price drop.

Yesterday's arrivals:

- S.H. Figuarts Masked Rider Black RX (2009 Edition) - couldn't say no to it at 10 GBP

- RoboCop (1987) Movie Score (Expanded Edition) 2xLP
- Babylon A.D. - The Kid Goes Wild (from RoboCop 2) Limited Edition 7" vinyl (with RoboCop 2 foldout poster)
- Babylon A.D. - The Kid Goes Wild (from RoboCop 2) - 12" Picture Disc
- After Burner II OST - 2xLP
- Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master OST - 12"LP
Old July 26th, 2018, 08:23 AM #67
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Dyl wrote: View Post

I understand but I know what to look out for especially since I've seen these in person many times. I got played 10+ years ago with the complete friend's set. He was selling it saying it's authentic and it was a fake. Back then there wasn't much protection for the buyer like there is now. Like Volume 2 of Zeo arrived with the plastic wrapping all torn, and it had a half ripped best buy sticker on it, and near the bar sharp object was used to remove something (I'm guessing a best buy sticker). I reported it right away and I got my money back. They can't get away with those scams today, maybe with a person who doesn't know any better. But once it's reported to Amazon they have your back. Plus I go through the seller's feed back in detail before I make a purchase and any one below 99% I don't take a chance with.

It's just slightly annoying that the first few seasons before LG have a volume 1 and 2 instead of just having a singular set. But I guess that's what I get for not investing in the boxsets.
Well I hope for your sake that your strategy doesn't fail you. You may have backup, but I know first hand that it's a pain in the neck to have to jump through so many hoops just to set things right. I also don't care for playing the waiting game and having my mind race about whether or not things will actually go in my favor.
Old July 26th, 2018, 08:28 AM #68
> ⚡Taichi
Paint it Red...

32 eBay
Taichi
Paint it Red...

32 eBay

Sweet grab Storm! Forgot it was coming out on the 7th... you got it early from Shout didn't you?

DarthKamen wrote: View Post

I can't have a gap in my PR. Most series I'll buy the whole thing, or nothing at all. That's why I never purchased any of the 2005 TMNT series. I want the whole thing, not bits and pieces.

So for PR, I have everything but Ninja Steel, and despite it being very, very low on my list of favorites, I still have to have it. Some people can live with gaps in their collection, I can't.
Old July 26th, 2018, 08:59 AM #69
> Red Dino Ranger
Defender of Earth

eBay
Red Dino Ranger
Defender of Earth

eBay

Taichi wrote: View Post

Sweet grab Storm! Forgot it was coming out on the 7th... you got it early from Shout didn't you?

I can't have a gap in my PR. Most series I'll buy the whole thing, or nothing at all. That's why I never purchased any of the 2005 TMNT series. I want the whole thing, not bits and pieces.
And to think I was debating whether or not to collect it on DVD when it was released here in Bulgaria...never would I think that the show's western releases would be so incomplete and some of them - hard to find.
Over here we got the first 4 seasons on 33 DVD volumes (released weekly on newsstands in cardboard sleeves and then re-issued in standard DVD boxes at a higher price). Years later we also got Fast Forward on an additional 9 DVDs, with even the newsstand releases being in boxes.

Then again, the 5 seasons were re-released on 13 DVDs, but with worse picture quality, as they used single-layer DVDs Didn't bother getting those.

We never got "Ninja Tribunal" (which I hated anyway) and unfortunately, "Back to the Sewers" didn't get a DVD release either, but all the volumes (except 16 for some odd reason) also had the English audio, so at about 1.50$ per volume they were a no-brainer.
Old July 26th, 2018, 10:47 AM #70
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Taichi wrote: View Post

Yes, I did. They should have been sending them out last week though. So I don't know what the holdup might have been.

Some people might have preordered the MMPR 25th anniversary set and should have gotten it by now. I'd like to see photos or unboxing videos for that.
Old July 27th, 2018, 02:43 PM #71
> MenaceRx
Power Ranger

MenaceRx
Power Ranger

They have arrived.... building one this weekend. Considered doing both. Combined and uncombined for a display.

Old July 28th, 2018, 10:53 AM #72
> andr0s81
100% Grade "A" Final Boss

4 eBay
andr0s81
100% Grade "A" Final Boss

4 eBay

MenaceRx wrote: View Post

They have arrived.... building one this weekend. Considered doing both. Combined and uncombined for a display.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/929/4...302beafb_b.jpg
Gah I really want this guy, but Iím nervous the limited articulation will bother me. Itís basically just arm up/down and neck movement right?
Old July 29th, 2018, 12:12 PM #73
> dwphoenix
Power Ranger

dwphoenix
Power Ranger

Couple hauls from the past week, first time I've seen the Solo Black Series figures in the wild & for £11 each

Old July 29th, 2018, 04:23 PM #74
> MysteryRanger
Power Ranger

MysteryRanger
Power Ranger

@dwphoenix: I have the original Gypsy Danger/Kaiju Knifehead from Pacific Rim NECA TOYS did an amazing job on them IMHO
Old July 30th, 2018, 12:25 PM #75
> dwphoenix
Power Ranger

dwphoenix
Power Ranger

MysteryRanger wrote: View Post

@dwphoenix: I have the original Gypsy Danger/Kaiju Knifehead from Pacific Rim NECA TOYS did an amazing job on them IMHO
I would have prefered ball joints in the shoulders & thigh joints to provide better posibility, otherwise its a great figure.

Arrived in the mail today:

Old July 30th, 2018, 03:27 PM #76
> MenaceRx
Power Ranger

MenaceRx
Power Ranger

andr0s81 wrote: View Post

Gah I really want this guy, but Iím nervous the limited articulation will bother me. Itís basically just arm up/down and neck movement right?
Reading through the original designers notes he has some modifications to enhance all that. But yes I think the articulation is limited over all but can be improved with some ball joint changes.
Old July 30th, 2018, 11:56 PM #77
> AbareHunter
NACHO!

AbareHunter
NACHO!

Finally jumping on the PS4 bandwagon, mostly in preparation for the new Spider-Man game. And I'm so happy to have at last acquired the new Doctor Who Season 12 Blu-Ray set, even more so that the Australian packaging is more-or-less identical to the UK release (save for the rating stamps).
Old July 31st, 2018, 09:57 AM #78
> Infinitevirtue
Power Ranger

Infinitevirtue
Power Ranger

Dinobot arrived early from Amazon Japan:

Old July 31st, 2018, 02:24 PM #79
> ⚡Taichi
Paint it Red...

32 eBay
Taichi
Paint it Red...

32 eBay

Whoohooo!! I expect plenty of pictures Infinite.
Old July 31st, 2018, 06:22 PM #80
> CryloBen
Gentoku is No. 1

eBay
CryloBen
Gentoku is No. 1

eBay

Hyped.~
First driver, if this is even considered one? Need batteries for the gashat though, none of my LR44s seem to work.
Grabbed Dva at gamestop for 25% off.
Closed