Home Menu

Menu

Old May 26th, 2019, 09:43 AM #181
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Again with single quotes. Are we going to ignore 22 wasted episodes of Megaforce? Production in 2012 knew it wanted to adapt Gokaiger - it's nonsense to say they were unaware of cameos until a week before filming of 2120.
Oh they knew about the cameos all through out Gokaiger, but they were mostly in relation to Disney seasons. It was decided that it didn't matter until someone forced their hand for the finale and led to the mass email 3 weeks before they'd have to be there begging them to come for little money again instead of the actors who literally live in Auckland...

Zeo Cereal wrote: View Post

LB looks like shit. They flew Koichi in and didn't use his scenes. I blame the editors, I blame the network, I blame 2nd unit, I blame the actors, I blame the writers, and yes - I blame the producer.

You only blame the producer, and it's weird.
I blame the person in charge who was leading the entire production. Who the Story Editor of the season said shot down every attempt he & the writers made for the season to add anything to it that prompted him to leave the position shortly after SMF started filming. Editors, 2nd Unit, Actors, & Writers do as the show runner orders. He's the captain of the ship.

So, where's Lightspeed?
Checkmate atheists.... no but seriously, GoGoV was under-utilized in Gokaiger too.
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2019, 10:19 AM #182
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Xenotome wrote: View Post

He did so because those were "His" Rangers. The game was to minimize all aspects of Disney's tenure.
Now, I'm remembering Watchermark's meme pic based on a photo with the returning rangers in the front and the disney rangers somewhat behind and the caption saying "Disney Scum; Wonderful Saban Rangers"
Spider-Phoenix is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2019, 04:27 PM #183
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Titanium321 wrote: View Post

There was a whole Jungle Fury episode with Casey and everything, they tried getting some Disney actors back but not many. I think it was a combination of the Disney era cast mostly being unavailable...
... which is bizarre, since a dozen (if not more) of them lived ten minutes down the road.

No, it made more sense to fly a dozen people, first class, halfway around the planet for a weekend of filming, than to hire the people who lived ten minutes away.
Peter is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old May 26th, 2019, 05:14 PM #184
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

So, where's Lightspeed?
I mean, 2 Lightspeed Rangers returned, so there's that?

As for them turning into Lightspeed Rangers, they did it in the extended finale.
AkaUnlovedFyntabulous is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2019, 05:49 PM #185
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous wrote: View Post

I mean, 2 Lightspeed Rangers returned, so there's that?

As for them turning into Lightspeed Rangers, they did it in the extended finale.
It's really sad to think they turned into unadapted teams more than they did one of the actual Power Ranger teams.
AkaGreen is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2019, 06:35 PM #186
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaGreen wrote: View Post

It's really sad to think they turned into unadapted teams more than they did one of the actual Power Ranger teams.
No, what's sad is they had an entire episode to the Gokaigers using each team's powers as a team and they skipped almost every relevant one to Power Rangers. >_>
Old May 26th, 2019, 07:41 PM #187
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

AkaGreen wrote: View Post

"You saw those already! "
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2019, 08:13 PM #188
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

big smile wrote: View Post

I think that just happened because Jason Smith was a writer on the show. If he hadn't been a writer, I doubt we'd have got the Jungle Fury episode.
He still got brought in to be a writer though, which implies some level of recognition of his work before. Never forget the magic word was lazy for Megaforce, the least effort was the best effort.

What's really weird is that Jason Smith was on set for Legendary Battle but didn't make a cameo. I can't imagine paying him would have been that expensive. Although not that it matters, as none of the returning rangers did anything of note.
It'd be hilarious if he was in one of the suits and never told anyone.

Xenotome wrote: View Post

This I really don't understand people citing. The only person that wouldn't know the Disney era cast is Johnny T. The rest of the production in NZ (from directors down to office staff) has largely been consistent since Ninja Storm and even if they weren't, all of the NZ based Ranger actors are repped by the management companies they pull day player actors from. Don't frame why there was barely any Disney Rangers on the show during Megaforce as anything except Johnny T's narcissism against seasons he wasn't involved in. It's not about expense, if it was all of the Rangers who literally could have driven to set and all had prebuilt episodes for them to appear in would have been first on the phone to do so as opposed to spending Hundreds of Thousands of Dollars to fly people from America First Class. He did so because those were "His" Rangers. The game was to minimize all aspects of Disney's tenure.
That is basically what I meant by "unknown to production", I just didn't want to go into full rant mode about it. But in fairness, to Tzachor's immediate staff the disney era people wouldn't be known the way other long term staff members would have remembered them. How much carryover from Disney was there on the producer level? Other more necessary and backbone crew stuff I could see definitely being long term, but on the producer level did Tzachor actually bring on anyone he didn't know before?

Remember though, for all his crappiness, Haim Saban did see this behavior and the end product and realized he had to kick Tzachor out even if he was the best at cost cutting cheapskate behavior. So there's exactly one positive about it.

LB looks like shit. They flew Koichi in and didn't use his scenes. I blame the editors, I blame the network, I blame 2nd unit, I blame the actors, I blame the writers, and yes - I blame the producer.
The network wouldn't factor in at all. Nor would the editors who'd be instructed what to edit in this case. 2nd Unit wouldn't even be involved if we're looking at using the existing scenes. The writers blame the producer for telling them not to use the scenes, too.

The primary problem was Tzachor, everyone else was stuck following his commands and from all reports, he held a tight hold on things so people couldn't really do anything that wasn't riddled with his voice in the first place.

Though the real crime is Koichi almost built some of Gokaiger for PR to adapt at times. Like there was actual set up and usable footage that made sense for PR more than Sentai history at times, and they wasted that golden opportunity at every turn almost like it was on purpose.

Peter wrote: View Post

... which is bizarre, since a dozen (if not more) of them lived ten minutes down the road.

No, it made more sense to fly a dozen people, first class, halfway around the planet for a weekend of filming, than to hire the people who lived ten minutes away.
Living nearby is not availability though. Especially for those who had careers and were still regularly working. A lot of NZ actors just straight up didn't want nor need to come back and don't hold the same value for their time on the show as other actors have. I think that gets ignored by fans too easily at times, and they expect the NZ guys to have the kind of love and need for PR the way most of the old guard American actors do.

That's still not a good enough excuse for Tzachor to not try, though.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2019, 08:19 PM #189
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

What still confuses me is the fact Saban apparently had specific suits in mind for returning, and gave them priority.

Like, they clearly wanted Lost Galaxy Pink back, even though they already had 2 other Lost Galaxy Rangers back. Cause we know from Valerie that she had talked to them and told them she'd have loved to but she couldn't make it on such short notice with her family life and work, but if they gave her enough notice next time she'd do it. Then we got notice Melody was returning like 2 days later.

But then we found out that Katherine Sutherland wanted to return, but they couldn't make room for her?

Like, why did they need 3 Lost Galaxy Rangers, 2 Lightspeed Rangers, 2 Samurai Rangers, etc.? Was there like a specific reason they gunned for those specific suits from the responses they got?
Old May 27th, 2019, 01:46 AM #190
> Silver_Tiger
VIP Rider

Silver_Tiger
VIP Rider

Cuchulainn wrote: View Post

I don't hate Tommy. I dislike JDF. I don't like him as a person, and I don't like how he absorbs all the attention when he shows up for things. Tommy the character is just an extension of that.

I mean, nobody's forcing you to stop liking him. You're allowed to have a differing opinion.
I didn't say anyone was forcing me not to like him, I asked for clarification on why others didn't
Silver_Tiger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2019, 02:20 AM #191
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

Silver_Tiger wrote: View Post

I didn't say anyone was forcing me not to like him, I asked for clarification on why others didn't
Well, disregarding the stuff we're NOT allowed to talk about... The ones off the top of my head of why I have an issue with JDF:

He's not a nice person at cons and such, from anything I've seen in videos and heard about from people on social media and on this board. He'll either expect you to stroke his ego and if you don't, he'll try to overcharge you for simple things like autographs.

He only returned in the teamups on the stipulation that he was given more screentime than the other actors who returned. This is both grossly disrespectful to the other actors.

He will cancel his appearances at cons if certain other actors are booked, specifically Austin St. John, even though it may be a month or two after he confirmed his appearance and most people may have bought UNREFUNDABLE tickets just to see him. And he'll claim it's not because of that, but it happened like 3 or 4 times in a row he pulled out within a week after ASJ confirmed an appearance.

During one of the Ranger Key competitions, when he found out his Ranger Keys were losing (because we were trying to get the keys that would never get actual releases or never got Gokaiger Releases, like Titanium Ranger, Phantom Ranger, White Mystic Ranger, etc.), he bribed people on facebook with autographed items to spam votes on his ranger keys and completely skewed the results, and then FURTHER complained to Bandai that people were cheating, when it was his fans that were stacking the votes, but then it was the other ranger key votes that disappeared, not his.

Then there's the whole "pushing his daughter as the next green ranger" that this thread is actually about - when why should she get special treatment? Just because her dad was a ranger? She should have to go through the same audition process as everyone else. Nepotism has no place in a casting process, period. Peter had to earn his place in Ninja Steel just like Yoshi had to earn his place in Dino Charge. Sure, the seasons weren't the best, but both of them were good actors.

---

And that's just what I can recall off the top of my head, there's more, but it's 2 AM and I'm not going to go into the recesses of my mind to think of it all. (And again, there's the stuff we can't talk about)

As for why I don't like Tommy? I just find him completely overrated and WAY too overused. And things like Megaforce and Ninja Steel make me hate the character even more. It reaches the point where they're just feeding into the actors ego with lines where they call Tommy Oliver legendary and such, especially when if you discount Dinothunder, Katherine and Adam were in the show *pretty much* just as long as Tommy. (And Adam even showed up in In Space and Operation Overdrive)

But apparently one extra season where Tommy was absent half the time because he was frozen in amber somehow makes Tommy THAT much more amazing?
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old May 27th, 2019, 03:20 AM #192
> Silver_Tiger
VIP Rider

Silver_Tiger
VIP Rider

well, I've never told this story...may delete it (please don't quote this story in replies or share it) and won't say the stuff he asked me not to repeat, but this was my favorite and "best" interaction with JDF years and years ago...maybe around 2010? maybe earlier possibly 9 or 8 , I honestly can't remember...but I remembered him having done some morphicon videos or some con videos talking about how people would always call his dojo's up and ask to fight the green/white ranger. and the easiest way to say this is I was going through some sh*t mentally (mental illness sucks) so I was like, it would be awesome if I could talk to my favorite ranger..so I did what any person would do, I looked up his dojos and I found one online, found the number and called (I ask no one to follow what I'm about to type, because it's their legit business so please don't do what I did!) anyway some guy answered the phone and said he wasn't there. and I asked when he'd be there...he said he wasn't sure, he had other places around, i kept asking and the guy finally told me he was in Texas, so of course I called that number..and got his wife, she was not happy to hear from a fan (must of been a long day) but she told me he was in a meeting, deciding to take it as the truth and not that she was blowing me off, i decided to wait after deciding not to give up, after about an hour I call back...she was laughing as she answered the phone, as if just hearing a joke...so my telemarketing instincts kicked in and I laughed a long, matching the tone...I realized if I called as a student of course I'd get in, so...that's what i did, instead of asking to speak with the Actor/hero that i admired, I asked to speak with Kyoshi Frank, using his title I figured I'd get further...and I did, I got right into him, as he answered my throat of course became dry, and I was incredibly star struck, He I think knew immediately this was one of them fans... but decided to engage anyway, He asked me my name and where I was from, and was incredibly nice, but then we started talking about mental illness, and he shared some of his issues, it was incredibly touching and gave me his personal email address...I was so impressed and just in aw of how awesome it was, and how he really opened up...to a complete stranger....I never used his email address, having spoken to him in that instance was enough, after that I think we've had some online interactions, but never told him who i was or anything, but each time he's been cool so like I said, i was just trying to gauge why other people didn't like him, since my interactions have always been so positive, anyway please don't quote this if you reply, it's a deeply personal story (I know this is a public forum) but if i wish to delete this, that should be my prerogative, and yes I realize i was an a$$ for contacting him in the first place, but it was a dark time in my life and I'm happy i did it but wouldn't do something like that again..maybe this was all too personal ...
Old May 27th, 2019, 07:56 AM #193
> Mr.Karate
Power Ranger

Mr.Karate
Power Ranger

You weren't an ass. You would have been an ass if you were one of those guys that was calling him to challenge him. I'm sorry to hear about your mentall illness issues. I have a sister with depression and anorexia and bulimia and a cousin who's paranoid schizophrenic so I know how rough it is]

I sometimes wonder if JDF has an issue with mental illness as well. He can be nice one second and just a flaming asshole the next.
Mr.Karate is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2019, 09:40 AM #194
> TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

[QUOTE=AkaUnlovedFyntabulous;5748971
Then there's the whole "pushing his daughter as the next green ranger" that this thread is actually about - when why should she get special treatment? Just because her dad was a ranger? She should have to go through the same audition process as everyone else. Nepotism has no place in a casting process, period. Peter had to earn his place in Ninja Steel just like Yoshi had to earn his place in Dino Charge. Sure, the seasons weren't the best, but both of them were good actors.

---
[/QUOTE]

she does Power Rangers panels and autographs. I don't understand that at all
TyrannoRanger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2019, 04:25 PM #195
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous wrote: View Post

He's not a nice person at cons and such, from anything I've seen in videos and heard about from people on social media and on this board. He'll either expect you to stroke his ego and if you don't, he'll try to overcharge you for simple things like autographs.
I was chatting to another Australian fan at a convention, once (I think we were there to see Yost, who I found really pleasant and lovely), and he was telling me that, he was trying to get the autographs of each original MMPR (with Karan Ashley for Yellow, obviously), but the only bad experience he'd ever had with any of them was with JDF, when he came to Sydney once.
Peter is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2019, 09:12 PM #196
> Silver_Tiger
VIP Rider

Silver_Tiger
VIP Rider

Mr.Karate wrote: View Post

You weren't an ass. You would have been an ass if you were one of those guys that was calling him to challenge him. I'm sorry to hear about your mentall illness issues. I have a sister with depression and anorexia and bulimia and a cousin who's paranoid schizophrenic so I know how rough it is]

I sometimes wonder if JDF has an issue with mental illness as well. He can be nice one second and just a flaming asshole the next.
a lot of people have mental issues, and not a lot of good help, or advice...untreated, or poorly treated issues can lead to trouble, especially when trauma is involved that's really all I can say on the matter on other people. without going into stuff that isn't my business, hopefully that makes sense? but I hope you and your family are seeking treatment and taking care of yourselves