Home Menu

Menu


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 31st, 2019, 03:04 PM #1
TuxedoK's Avatar
> ⚡TuxedoK
Old School Mod Justice.
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 8,243
1 eBay
TuxedoK
Old School Mod Justice.
TuxedoK's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 8,243
1 eBay



Official Power Morphicon 2020 Discussion: Crystal Clear Ranger Vision.

Well with passes going on sale tomorrow, (PMC 2020 Memberships go on sale August 1st at 9am PST)
Let's start up a new thread for Power Morphicon 2020.




Power Morphicon Memberships (https://powermorphicon.wordpress.com/attendee/)


Prices
VIP Gold Ranger ( Full Weekend) $250.00
Red Ranger (Full Weekend) – $70.00
Blue Ranger (Saturday Only) – $40.00
Yellow Ranger (Sunday Only) – $20.00
Pink Ranger – Children under 12 Free with paid adult

VIP Gold Ranger

Attending – $250.00
Non Attending (United States) – $270.00
Non Attending (International) – $300.00

Red Ranger

Attending – $70.00
Non Attending (United States) – $100.00
Non Attending (International) – $120.00

Blue Ranger

Attending (Saturday Only) – $40.00
Non Attending (United States) – $70.00
Non Attending (International) – $80.00

Others

Yellow Ranger (Sunday Only) – $20.00
Pink Ranger – Children under 12 Free with paid adult onsite only



Gold Ranger Attending

Full Weekend Pass (September 4th-6th 2020)
PMC Badge and Lanyard
Early Registration pick up September 3rd 2020
Early entry to the convention Friday let in first at 4pm Saturday and Sunday at 9am
VIP meet & greet Friday night for the early bird packages only limited quantity*
Preferred Seating let in first at the deluxe panels
Gold Convention Pins set
Convention and Gold T-Shirts
Convention Hoodie
Convention Coin and Gold Coins
Full weekend Convention Print, Convention Print and the Gold exclusive Print
Mystery items
Deluxe Cloth Gift Bag
Ability to buy Two Power Breakfast event Tickets (Extra Charge)
Ability to buy PMC Exclusives (Extra Charge)
Entry to Gold only Events (some events may be Extra Charge)


Gold Ranger Non Attending

PMC Badge and Lanyard
Gold Convention Pins set
Convention and Gold T-Shirts
Convention Hoodie
Convention Coin and Gold Coins
Full weekend Convention Print, Convention Print and the Gold exclusive Print
Mystery items
Deluxe Cloth Gift Bag
Ability to buy PMC Exclusives (Extra Charge)



Red Ranger Attending

Full Weekend Pass (September 4th-6th 2020)
PMC Badge and Lanyard
Early Registration pick up September 3rd 2020
3 mystery Pins
Full weekend Convention Print and the Convention Print
PMC Gift Bag
Ability to buy PMC Exclusives (Extra Charge)


Red Ranger Non Attending

PMC Badge and Lanyard
Early Registration pick up September 3rd 2020
3 mystery Pins
1 signed glossy
Full weekend Convention Print and the Convention Print
PMC Gift Bag
Ability to buy PMC Exclusives (Extra Charge)

Blue Ranger Attending

Saturday Only admission September 5th 2020
PMC Badge and Lanyard
Early Registration pick up September 3rd 2020
1 Mystery Pins
Convention Print
PMC Gift Bag
Ability to buy PMC Exclusives (Extra Charge)


Blue Ranger Non Attending

PMC Badge and Lanyard
1 Mystery pin
1 Signed glossy
Convention Print
PMC Gift Bag
Ability to buy PMC Exclusives (Extra Charge)


Yellow Ranger Attending

Sunday Only admission September 6th 2020
PMC Badge and Lanyard
Early Registration pick up September 3rd 2020
1 Mystery Pins
Convention Print
PMC Gift Bag
Ability to buy PMC Exclusives (Extra Charge)


Pink Ranger – All Children under 12 Free with paid adult

Child will need to be present when picking up badges

Please keep in mind to keep this thread on topic of the con and leave con/actor drama out of it.

Last edited by TuxedoK; July 31st, 2019 at 03:14 PM.
TuxedoK is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old July 31st, 2019, 03:44 PM #2
Alison's Avatar
> Alison
Official PMC Staff
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 218
Alison
Official PMC Staff
Alison's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 218



Thanks for posting all that detailed info. Definitely makes it easier for people to see it in the one spot.
Alison is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2019, 05:14 PM #3
RitoRevolto's Avatar
> RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 12,471
RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter
RitoRevolto's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 12,471



There seems to be some mixed messaging between Facebook and Twitter. Are the passes going on sale tomorrow or aren’t they? I was hoping that poor communication would not again be de rigeur.
RitoRevolto is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2019, 08:08 AM #4
Ranger Liz's Avatar
> Ranger Liz
Ranger Week In Review
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 500
eBay
Ranger Liz
Ranger Week In Review
Ranger Liz's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 500
eBay



In case anyone hadn't seen it, they have clarified and they are on sale today at 9am pst. Less than an hour after this post is up.

RitoRevolto wrote: View Post

There seems to be some mixed messaging between Facebook and Twitter. Are the passes going on sale tomorrow or aren’t they? I was hoping that poor communication would not again be de rigeur.
Ranger Liz is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2019, 08:31 AM #5
RitoRevolto's Avatar
> RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 12,471
RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter
RitoRevolto's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 12,471



Ranger Liz wrote: View Post

In case anyone hadn't seen it, they have clarified and they are on sale today at 9am pst. Less than an hour after this post is up.
Yeah, apparently the timing is correct. I'm thinking hard about how much the gold privileges are worth to me.
RitoRevolto is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2019, 09:12 AM #6
HyenaJin's Avatar
> HyenaJin
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 50
HyenaJin
Power Ranger
HyenaJin's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 50



I'm getting "You understand this is a non attendee ticket you are not going to the convention" even though neither of my tickets are for non-attending passes. Is this a mistake?
HyenaJin is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2019, 09:14 AM #7
RitoRevolto's Avatar
> RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 12,471
RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter
RitoRevolto's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 12,471



HyenaJin wrote: View Post

I'm getting "You understand this is a non attendee ticket you are not going to the convention" even though neither of my tickets are for non-attending passes. Is this a mistake?
Sounds like.

lol the field trip would start at 8 a.m. Even if I were interested in that or the Power Breakfast (I've learned my lesson), yeah, that's gonna be a no from me, dawg.

Also, Silver Ranger *is* a thing. It's a bundle with Red, a coin and a shirt

I'm also annoyed with all the typos, even on the showclix site. Be professional! Proofread!
RitoRevolto is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2019, 09:18 AM #8
HyenaJin's Avatar
> HyenaJin
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 50
HyenaJin
Power Ranger
HyenaJin's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 50



RitoRevolto wrote: View Post

Sounds like.

lol the field trip would start at 8 a.m. Even if I were interested in that or the Power Breakfast (I've learned my lesson), yeah, that's gonna be a no from me, dawg.

Also, Silver Ranger *is* a thing. It's a bundle with Red, a coin and a shirt

I'm also annoyed with all the typos, even on the showclix site. Be professional! Proofread!
So, should I just put "No" in response? I have to give an answer.
HyenaJin is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2019, 09:21 AM #9
RitoRevolto's Avatar
> RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 12,471
RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter
RitoRevolto's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 12,471



HyenaJin wrote: View Post

So, should I just put "No" in response? I have to give an answer.
"Turn it off and on again," cancel your order and try again? I didn't get that query, but I bought gold.
RitoRevolto is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2019, 09:28 AM #10
HyenaJin's Avatar
> HyenaJin
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 50
HyenaJin
Power Ranger
HyenaJin's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 50



RitoRevolto wrote: View Post

"Turn it off and on again," cancel your order and try again? I didn't get that query, but I bought gold.
I tested it w/ the normal Gold membership, that's fine. It seems to show up when I try to get the early bird Gold one though.

edit: it's been changed now to have a confirmation that it includes the after party, so that's solved at least.

Last edited by HyenaJin; August 1st, 2019 at 09:38 AM.
HyenaJin is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2019, 10:22 AM #11
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 82,612
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 82,612



RitoRevolto wrote: View Post

I'm also annoyed with all the typos, even on the showclix site. Be professional! Proofread!
A kindred spirit.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2019, 03:01 PM #12
powerpackers90's Avatar
> powerpackers90
AngelGroveRadioPodcast
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,536
powerpackers90
AngelGroveRadioPodcast
powerpackers90's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,536



Also Gold gets you in to the early bird and VIP meet and greets regardless. If the reply I got on facebook from them is correct
powerpackers90 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2019, 03:48 PM #13
TheTerrorToad87's Avatar
> TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,367
eBay
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....
TheTerrorToad87's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,367
eBay



I sadly don't think I will be attending next year. I feel like after attending the last three there just isn't much more that PMC could offer me.
TheTerrorToad87 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2019, 07:03 AM #14
OmegaRangerRed's Avatar
> ⚡OmegaRangerRed
Moderator
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 18,094
32 eBay
OmegaRangerRed
Moderator
OmegaRangerRed's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 18,094
32 eBay



TheTerrorToad87 wrote: View Post

I sadly don't think I will be attending next year. I feel like after attending the last three there just isn't much more that PMC could offer me.
I'm right there with ya. I've made PMC 2, 3, 4, and 6, and quite honestly, there's not much it offers me at this point. Add in having a little one, and quite frankly the trip has to be a full family vacation for me at this point. As much as I prefer the Pasadena location, my wife and I were actually looking forward to Anaheim again, with disney right across the street. We figured "Thursday and Friday at Disney, Friday night and the weekend at the convention, and fly home Monday.

I got figuring up estimated costs the other day, and this trip would run us 3-4K, and that's not counting any money spent inside the convention itself.

Maybe I just need to take a couple off, and revisit for PMC 9 or PMC 10.
OmegaRangerRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2019, 02:37 AM #15
PopCultureLover06's Avatar
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,362
PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger
PopCultureLover06's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,362



another thing, I haven't brought this up before, but this is something I've noticed for a while regarding PMC, a lot of power ranger fans, would rather meet PR-actors/actresses at PMC more so than at any other type of convention, show, event, even when that specific Ranger actor/actress will attend a local con, show, in that fans backyard or nearby them, that fan, I should say, many fans, would rather travel to the other side of the country, or travel/commute long distance to PMC to meet the PR actors/actresses there, instead of at a local comic book con they are at.

I spoke to a PMC staff member, this sounds like it could be a factor as to why that is, he said its because PMC is fan-friendly, other cons tell you what to do before meeting a guest, PMC doesn't, PMC only takes action if a guest reports they are being bothered, harassed or uncomfortable.

So what it sounds like, at PMC, fans are allowed to socialize, interact with the PR actors/actresses for more minutes, overall, just longer than if the fan was to meet them at a regular con, other type of convention. As in, at other cons, once that fan has finished getting their autograph/pic, they are expected to leave the booth, table right away, but that's not the case with PMC, am I right?
PopCultureLover06 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2019, 05:38 AM #16
Zeltrax541's Avatar
> Zeltrax541
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,699
Zeltrax541
Power Ranger
Zeltrax541's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,699



PopCultureLover06 wrote: View Post

another thing, I haven't brought this up before, but this is something I've noticed for a while regarding PMC, a lot of power ranger fans, would rather meet PR-actors/actresses at PMC more so than at any other type of convention, show, event, even when that specific Ranger actor/actress will attend a local con, show, in that fans backyard or nearby them, that fan, I should say, many fans, would rather travel to the other side of the country, or travel/commute long distance to PMC to meet the PR actors/actresses there, instead of at a local comic book con they are at.

I spoke to a PMC staff member, this sounds like it could be a factor as to why that is, he said its because PMC is fan-friendly, other cons tell you what to do before meeting a guest, PMC doesn't, PMC only takes action if a guest reports they are being bothered, harassed or uncomfortable.

So what it sounds like, at PMC, fans are allowed to socialize, interact with the PR actors/actresses for more minutes, overall, just longer than if the fan was to meet them at a regular con, other type of convention. As in, at other cons, once that fan has finished getting their autograph/pic, they are expected to leave the booth, table right away, but that's not the case with PMC, am I right?
I can attest to that. If I've not got a lot of cash to get something from an actor, I'll just meet them & say hi. Heck, best example - when I met Mike Ginn/We chat regularly on Twitter, I told him I was making him & Li-Ming Hu some custom RPM Silver Funko pops & he was ecstatic about it. Come PMC 2018, he & Li-Ming were over the moon with them. After that, I wished them the best of the weekend and walked.

So yeah, in a sense, you are pretty much correct. I'm sure someone else will correct me on that.
Zeltrax541 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2019, 08:39 AM #17
OmegaRangerRed's Avatar
> ⚡OmegaRangerRed
Moderator
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 18,094
32 eBay
OmegaRangerRed
Moderator
OmegaRangerRed's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 18,094
32 eBay



I've seen that behavior at other conventions as well. A larger factor is the popularity of the actor/actress and how long their line is, not so much the convention itself.

The biggest draw for PMC is, at least for me, 3 factors:

1. It is for Power Rangers. It's not a generic comic/pop-culture event, it is specific for Power Rangers.
2. To add to the first point, being for Power Rangers, there's a larger concentration of rangers there. You aren't traveling to a local con to meet 3 or 4 rangers that you've wanted to meet, you are traveling to meet 30 or 40 rangers that you've wanted to meet.
3. It gives people a chance to meet up with friends online that they only ever get a chance to talk to electronically. That person you know from Denmark, the UK, Atlanta, Los Angeles...they aren't going to show up to a local convention in your area because 1 actor is there. They are going to converse and show up to the ranger centric event that everyone and their mother from the fandom knows about.
OmegaRangerRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2019, 06:23 PM #18
Cyrax9's Avatar
> Cyrax9
VIP Rider
 
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 4,601
Cyrax9
VIP Rider
Cyrax9's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 4,601



So I hate to be the PMC curmudgeon again, but the registration process seemed significantly worse than usual, and there's just one thing that's sticking in my craw about the whole thing. Basically, I went into work early the day of PMC7 registrations so that my father (who doubles as my ride) could come home and put my registration through since I wouldn't be able to do so myself while at work. My father registers for events online regularly ranging from concerts he attends to marathons that he participates in; this is hardly his first time doing this, and he's handled PMC registrations for me in the past. He began the registration for the VIP Gold Ranger membership for the whole weekend, put two of them in his cart since my girlfriend will be joining me as well, and continued through the registration process. When he got the part where you would normally select your T-Shirt/Hoodie size, it listed the shirts/hoodies and the convention pin as being "Sold Out," and the cart would not let him go back without losing the passes we already had. It was obvious that the registration system itself was glitchy, and that the shirts wouldn't have actually been sold out yet. At 12:15PM when this still wasn't resolved, I got a call from him at work asking me what I wanted done about the issue, and I told him to e-mail the convention staff to see if the shirts/hoodies, pins and other missing items could be added to our order. Not knowing what the availability of Gold Ranger passes would be, (in part because PMC's site still was listing information for 2018 the same day that the 2020 passes went live,) I did not want to cancel my order and then be out of luck on the Gold Ranger passes, the breakfast, and everything else that we did have.

My father completed the registration, then e-mailed the staff, explained the issue, included screenshots of the problem, and the response he got was effectively "we had some problems with the system." (It might have been worded slightly differently, but that it was still one sentence basically saying there were some glitches that had been fixed.) PMC's response did not include instructions for how my missing swag could be retroactively added to my order, nor did it include any sort of offer to manually add the missing swag to my order, in effect making it utterly moot.

On top of that, as we found out after ordering the passes, there's no way to go back and change/update your order, which meant there was also no way for me to get my missing swag.

The workaround: What we ultimately wound up doing was buying a Yellow Ranger Sunday day pass to get back into the registration system, and then using that to purchase our missing swag so that my girlfriend and I would be able to have our hoodies/shirts and pins. So basically, I'm out an additional $20 that could be going toward an autograph or merch from the convention because it instead had to go to an extra pass so that I could get the swag that was supposed to be included with the two Gold Ranger passes that we purchased.

I am not upset with the fact that there was a technical glitch in the registration system, I get it, things like that happen; I'm upset with PMC's handling of the situation basically being an e-mail sent from Captain Obvious that there was an issue instead of offering me an actual solution, and having to basically "buy" a solution to the technical glitch and lack of assistance with it.

RitoRevolto wrote: View Post

I'm also annoyed with all the typos, even on the showclix site. Be professional! Proofread!
I caught one of these after going through the fiasco noted above with my Shirt/Hoodie size listed as XLL instead of just XL. (I panicked for a moment before remembering that 2XL and larger sizes were a separate line item, which is how I knew XLL was a typo for XL and not 2XL.) My father's comments on the aforementioned typos cannot be repeated in pleasant company. Seriously guys, you've been doing this for ten years, (I know PMC1 was a different staff,) how hard is it to proofread, have your website ready before registrations go live, and to actually have a few living, breathing, thinking humans on call for when things go off the rails? PMC isn't a new convention anymore, and there's no excuse to still be doing things like it's 2012 and this is only your second go around.

Also, just so no one gets the wrong idea, I still love PMC, I just don't like when the same sort of issues keeping popping up, especially when they have seemingly simple fixes. (I've also seen been involved with a smaller completely unrelated event before, but that's given me a glimpse into what the backend of a registration system for a convention or trade show looks like, as well as workarounds for inevitable issues with the registration process.)

OmegaRangerRed wrote: View Post

I'm right there with ya. I've made PMC 2, 3, 4, and 6, and quite honestly, there's not much it offers me at this point. Add in having a little one, and quite frankly the trip has to be a full family vacation for me at this point. As much as I prefer the Pasadena location, my wife and I were actually looking forward to Anaheim again, with disney right across the street. We figured "Thursday and Friday at Disney, Friday night and the weekend at the convention, and fly home Monday.
I kind of understand where you're coming from. My attendance at PMC7 wasn't actually a sure thing until the middle of July. Basically, my girlfriend wasn't sure if she'd be joining me next year, and while I really wanted to attend, the thought of going alone again, running back and forth between the hotel and the convention center on my own again, and basically handling the convention in a way I hadn't done since 2014 wasn't entirely appealing to me. I was leaning towards going, (I just had this gut feeling that I'd wind up really regretting it if I didn't go,) but once my girlfriend changed her mind from not going to agreeing to accompany me again, my attendance became a sure thing. I actually do "get" how you feel about Disney though. My girlfriend and I had planned to go back, primarily because I wanted to go to Galaxy's Edge, but we're actually both glad the convention is back in Pasadena. (I hate Anaheim, and my girlfriend strongly dislikes it, we both find Pasadena to be a far more enjoyable location.) With a little one in tow, you almost have to have something to add onto the convention if you're aiming for a full family vacation. Have you considered other activities in the Pasedena area that could justify a full family vacation? For example, when my girlfriend and I went in 2016, we stretched our time in California to a full week by tacking on things like the California Science Center's Space Shuttle Endevour exhibit and the LA Art Museum. The latter isn't really kid friendly, at least not the parts we were in, but the former very much has plenty of kid–friendly exhibits and activities.


OmegaRangerRed wrote: View Post

IThe biggest draw for PMC is, at least for me, 3 factors:

1. It is for Power Rangers. It's not a generic comic/pop-culture event, it is specific for Power Rangers.
2. To add to the first point, being for Power Rangers, there's a larger concentration of rangers there. You aren't traveling to a local con to meet 3 or 4 rangers that you've wanted to meet, you are traveling to meet 30 or 40 rangers that you've wanted to meet.
3. It gives people a chance to meet up with friends online that they only ever get a chance to talk to electronically. That person you know from Denmark, the UK, Atlanta, Los Angeles...they aren't going to show up to a local convention in your area because 1 actor is there. They are going to converse and show up to the ranger centric event that everyone and their mother from the fandom knows about.
You hit the nail on the head here. I mean, the number of franchises that have their own conventions that aren't named Star Trek and Star Wars is pretty small, and Power Rangers is admittedly one of them. There's a reason I would go to (and used to go to) conventions that are just Star Trek, and it's the same reason I go to PMC; it's focused on one specific thing, not a generic Sci-Fi/Fantasy convention. The second point is also critical, but it's not just the quantity of Rangers, but also the rarity of some of them. PMC has been increasingly good at bringing some of the NZ people over, and I can't think of another convention outside of maybe Rangerstop where I might get to meet some of them, and that's a major draw for me as well. The last point is crucial for me though; increasingly PMC is just as much about the friends I've made at the convention and on here as it is about the show itself. There's no other place where I'm going to get to meet up with my friends from all over the country, much less all over the globe who share this interest.

I'm looking forward to PMC7, having done PMC2-6, this will mark the 10th anniversary of my first PMC, which seems somewhat surreal to me. (I can barely believe that it'll be my girlfriend's third PMC, especially since her first was her first time on an airplane!) I'm looking forward to seeing you guys again, to seeing what Hasbro has in store for us, and to hopefully adding to my collection and having a fun vacation in the process.

D'oh, and I almost forgot, do we know which hotel will be the "convention hotel?" You know, the one where they hold the breakfast and the parties? I'm asking because I want to plan to book hotel reservations and don't want to book for a different hotel if I can avoid it. I'm hoping it's the Sheraton, but with three hotels listed, some form of confirmation would be appreciated.
Cyrax9 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2019, 07:49 PM #19
OmegaRangerRed's Avatar
> ⚡OmegaRangerRed
Moderator
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 18,094
32 eBay
OmegaRangerRed
Moderator
OmegaRangerRed's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 18,094
32 eBay



Cyrax9 wrote: View Post

I kind of understand where you're coming from. My attendance at PMC7 wasn't actually a sure thing until the middle of July. Basically, my girlfriend wasn't sure if she'd be joining me next year, and while I really wanted to attend, the thought of going alone again, running back and forth between the hotel and the convention center on my own again, and basically handling the convention in a way I hadn't done since 2014 wasn't entirely appealing to me. I was leaning towards going, (I just had this gut feeling that I'd wind up really regretting it if I didn't go,) but once my girlfriend changed her mind from not going to agreeing to accompany me again, my attendance became a sure thing. I actually do "get" how you feel about Disney though. My girlfriend and I had planned to go back, primarily because I wanted to go to Galaxy's Edge, but we're actually both glad the convention is back in Pasadena. (I hate Anaheim, and my girlfriend strongly dislikes it, we both find Pasadena to be a far more enjoyable location.) With a little one in tow, you almost have to have something to add onto the convention if you're aiming for a full family vacation. Have you considered other activities in the Pasedena area that could justify a full family vacation? For example, when my girlfriend and I went in 2016, we stretched our time in California to a full week by tacking on things like the California Science Center's Space Shuttle Endevour exhibit and the LA Art Museum. The latter isn't really kid friendly, at least not the parts we were in, but the former very much has plenty of kid–friendly exhibits and activities.
I'll flat out say that the only thing I really liked about Anaheim over Pasadena was the closeness to Disney. I've loved going to Pasadena for all the prior PMCs I attended.

We usually do a Wednesay-Monday trip. That's been our go-to scheduling for the last 3 PMCs (3, 4, and 6). We were actually considering flying out on Monday, getting a room where we stayed last year for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday night, so we could enjoy all day at Disney on Tuesday and Wednesday, then head over to Pasadena on Thursday. The lingering question though was whether we'd leave Sunday night or Monday. Actually estimating out a trip like that though is where the higher (upwards of 4k) cost came in.

Another factor though that I didn't mention, but has been lingering on my mind, is my wife's work. Currently she's a daycare educator, with really no benefits...so whatever days she takes off is simply no-pay days. She's trying to get into an elementary school as a teachers aide, and there's no way she'll be able to say "by the way, on the 2nd or 3rd week of the school year I'll be out of the state on vacation."
OmegaRangerRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2019, 12:47 AM #20
ShyRanger's Avatar
> ShyRanger
Morphinominal
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,827
eBay
ShyRanger
Morphinominal
ShyRanger's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,827
eBay



That is some price gap between Gold and the Silver upgrade for Red. I settled on the upgrade partly to save money this time and because I've accumulated plenty of shirts and 2 hoodies from being Gold every time.
ShyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Tags
power morphicon 2020

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:48 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.