Home Menu

Menu

Old March 14th, 2018, 11:59 AM #41
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

SirStack wrote: View Post

PRDT is coming, maybe as early as today, but definitely by the weekend.
Looking forward to it.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2018, 05:49 AM #42
> SirStack
Visit Morphylogeny!

eBay
SirStack
Visit Morphylogeny!

eBay

AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

Looking forward to it.
Up now, finally (the opening and end credits always take the longest to do):

http://sirstack.db-destiny.net/morphylogeny/1401.htm
http://sirstack.db-destiny.net/morphylogeny/1402.htm

Now time to work on VRT again. Note that I'm going by the official production order, which means ep 3 is "Searching for Tyler Steele", not... whatever it is on Netflix or the DVDs (the full list can be found at the bottom of my old PR title and airdate list here).
SirStack is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2018, 09:48 PM #43
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Up now, finally (the opening and end credits always take the longest to do):

http://sirstack.db-destiny.net/morphylogeny/1401.htm
http://sirstack.db-destiny.net/morphylogeny/1402.htm

Now time to work on VRT again. Note that I'm going by the official production order, which means ep 3 is "Searching for Tyler Steele", not... whatever it is on Netflix or the DVDs (the full list can be found at the bottom of my old PR title and airdate list here).
The production order seems to flow a lot better than the original airing order, which is how the DVDs have them. Even so, discs 1 and 3 from the season 1-volume 2 set, and all three of the discs in both volumes for the season 2 sets actually have their episodes in production order, however.
Storm Eagle is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2018, 01:24 PM #44
> SirStack
Visit Morphylogeny!

eBay
SirStack
Visit Morphylogeny!

eBay

Storm Eagle wrote: View Post

The production order seems to flow a lot better than the original airing order, which is how the DVDs have them. Even so, discs 1 and 3 from the season 1-volume 2 set, and all three of the discs in both volumes for the season 2 sets actually have their episodes in production order, however.
Interesting. I'm still using rips of the Fox Kids UK DVDs right now (mainly because they've been on my computer since 2012) but I'll be switching to the Shout discs for ep 4 on up.

Speaking of which, episode 3 of VRT is up. This one was quick because they limited their footage usage to the same handful of eps! It was a miracle I don't expect to be repeated.
Old March 19th, 2018, 02:41 PM #45
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Interesting. I'm still using rips of the Fox Kids UK DVDs right now (mainly because they've been on my computer since 2012) but I'll be switching to the Shout discs for ep 4 on up.

Speaking of which, episode 3 of VRT is up. This one was quick because they limited their footage usage to the same handful of eps! It was a miracle I don't expect to be repeated.
Also, the episodes on the season 2 volumes are in production order, which even matches the airing order.

I had to laugh at the name you gave to that female monster for "Searching for Tyler Steele". Grimlady. You'll see that one female robot from Metalder. You can probably call her "Fembot".
Storm Eagle is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2018, 06:25 AM #46
> SirStack
Visit Morphylogeny!

eBay
SirStack
Visit Morphylogeny!

eBay

Storm Eagle wrote: View Post

I had to laugh at the name you gave to that female monster for "Searching for Tyler Steele". Grimlady.
I'm baffled by her usage at all, as those two shots in the episode are pretty much the only real usable footage of her.

Back to DT for episode 3.
Old March 20th, 2018, 11:49 AM #47
> Churlyryan
Rabbit Hole Digger

Churlyryan
Rabbit Hole Digger

I didn't know they swapped the Foot Soldiers in this, great to know this season might actually have some meat on it. Like maybe the Sentai Foot Soldeirs still appearing in quick, quick moments. The Swabbies did it.

And in VR Troopers, Muki & Fufuu did it, Springer did it, the Spy Villains in Spielban did it, the Secretaries did it...

And oh, didn't see you uploaded another VR Troopers episode so quickly! The White humanoid monster does have a simple name, by the way, but you don't seem to like spilling the Sentai lore into the localized lore, but whatever.

The White humanoid is named Wisdom. She was a slave to the Ghost Bank and fell in love with one of the creatures in Toxoid's monster army, the one we know of as Amphibador. Their offspring ended up casted as The Transmutant, when JB was cast under a spell.

Last edited by Churlyryan; March 20th, 2018 at 11:58 AM.
Churlyryan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2018, 02:26 PM #48
> SirStack
Visit Morphylogeny!

eBay
SirStack
Visit Morphylogeny!

eBay

Churlyryan wrote: View Post

The White humanoid monster does have a simple name, by the way, but you don't seem to like spilling the Sentai lore into the localized lore, but whatever.
It's more fun coming up with original names than just copying what Toei used.

VRT 4 is up.
Old March 26th, 2018, 09:03 AM #49
> SirStack
Visit Morphylogeny!

eBay
SirStack
Visit Morphylogeny!

eBay

PRDT 4 "Legacy of Power" & 5 "Back in Black" are up, as is VRT 5.
Old March 26th, 2018, 01:41 PM #50
> ⚡Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

This really kinda makes me want to rewatch VR Troopers, I haven't seen most of it since it first aired.
Salted Pepper is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2018, 01:04 PM #51
> SirStack
Visit Morphylogeny!

eBay
SirStack
Visit Morphylogeny!

eBay

PRDT 6 has been up for a few days and VRT 6 is now up. I think it's pretty obvious which show is easier to analyze than the other.

BlackMystechRanger wrote: View Post

This really kinda makes me want to rewatch VR Troopers, I haven't seen most of it since it first aired.
I know the feeling. The only problem with analyzing the show is I don't get to just watch an episode. I have it all soundless in Movie Studio on a timeline. You'd figure "initial run through viewing" would've been part of my regimen from the beginning...
Old March 31st, 2018, 03:53 PM #52
> Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

http://sirstack.db-destiny.net/morph...106/TDP162.JPG
Zoom out as four Skugs work in a laboratory... hey, what's Doctor Who's Tardis console doing there?!
lol, that shot DOES look like the Tardis, doesn't it!
Digifiend is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2018, 04:46 PM #53
> yami senshi youkaiou
MCU Darkhawk

yami senshi youkaiou
MCU Darkhawk

I swear just earlier I saw someone on the comments of a YouTube video say the Battle Grid portal looked like the title sequence from the Tom Baker years.

Gives me flashbacks to when I was a kid and I would imagine the VR Troopers in Battle Grid mode flying by the TARDIS, and the Doctor opening the doors, and saying "Hey don't you know people can't fly", and the Troopers just falling to oblivion after realizing that.
yami senshi youkaiou is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2018, 10:51 PM #54
> Churlyryan
Rabbit Hole Digger

Churlyryan
Rabbit Hole Digger

Wow Stack, you're really churning through VR Troopers. Thank you! I can't wait til you get to "Defending Dark Heart" because that one contains Muki & Fufu (the wrestlers for those who aren't weaboo's and don't care) the most. And I just wonder if you got the guts to admit Springer's one frame cameo during the saga finale.

I know a lot about Metalder's lore, but not Spielban's so that's what I look forward to the most in these comparisons.

And I do read your Dino Thunder comparisons, but the truth is I did not see that Season and probably will never have interest. Unless my 4 year old cousin watches it. But I thoroughly dislike the Disney era. I gandered at Ninja Storm, but thats enough.
Old April 2nd, 2018, 11:34 PM #55
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

Wow Stack, you're really churning through VR Troopers. Thank you! I can't wait til you get to "Defending Dark Heart" because that one contains Muki & Fufu (the wrestlers for those who aren't weaboo's and don't care) the most. And I just wonder if you got the guts to admit Springer's one frame cameo during the saga finale.

I know a lot about Metalder's lore, but not Spielban's so that's what I look forward to the most in these comparisons.

And I do read your Dino Thunder comparisons, but the truth is I did not see that Season and probably will never have interest. Unless my 4 year old cousin watches it. But I thoroughly dislike the Disney era. I gandered at Ninja Storm, but thats enough.
Any reason why you don't like the Disney era?
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2018, 04:48 AM #56
> SirStack
Visit Morphylogeny!

eBay
SirStack
Visit Morphylogeny!

eBay

PRDT 7 and PRDT 8 are now up, as is VRT 7.

yami senshi youkaiou wrote: View Post

I swear just earlier I saw someone on the comments of a YouTube video say the Battle Grid portal looked like the title sequence from the Tom Baker years.
The US background to the combined Stratoforce and Centaurus Megazords formation sequence from "Grunchor on the Loose" (back in Lost Galaxy, the season of the infamous "Gallifrey's destruction" easter egg) always reminded me of the Tom Baker opening. There was also a very Tardis-y console on the Terra Venture bridge.

Wow Stack, you're really churning through VR Troopers. Thank you!
VRT always slows me down. Yesterday's episode went a lot smoother than usual because it was mostly a single-episode one (very loosely mostly). But if I was just doing DT I'd probably be very far ahead into the season at this rate. Things will only get worse when I add Masked Rider to the mix when I reach VRT season 2...

I might break from the routine and do multiparters all at once. "White Thunder" all together, then later "Defending Dark Heart". SPD will certainly go quicker that way. We'll see.
Old April 10th, 2018, 08:20 AM #57
> Churlyryan
Rabbit Hole Digger

Churlyryan
Rabbit Hole Digger

Up to "Kaitlin's Little Helper" right now.

Wow, Desponda already is making cameos! I didn't even know about this one.

And I had always wondered where that slime came from. Guess my guess on it being from Spielban was wrong. Seemed totally like an Icebot/Dr. Bio experiment.

And this looks to me like the second time VR Ryan's skybase footage is used, so I want to say that I always appreciated how well they recreated the footage for this. You can't tell on these low quality pics, but seeing it play out on a Netflix Wide screen huge TV is stunning.

I know Power Rangers and VR Troopers was always touted as being unable to be broadcast in HD, but I dunno man. Technology is always improving, and let me tell you. VR Troopers, at least the Metal Heroes footage, looks absolutely impressive on this years up-to-date 4kHD Ultra technology.
Old April 10th, 2018, 08:26 AM #58
> yami senshi youkaiou
MCU Darkhawk

yami senshi youkaiou
MCU Darkhawk

Up to "Kaitlin's Little Helper" right now.

Wow, Desponda already is making cameos! I didn't even know about this one.

And I had always wondered where that slime came from. Guess my guess on it being from Spielban was wrong. Seemed totally like an Icebot/Dr. Bio experiment.
I think it was from the Metalder episode with either Dream Master or Amphibidor because I know there's an episode where Amphibidor melts into slime to sneak into a scientist's house and kidnap him.
yami senshi youkaiou is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2018, 06:40 AM #59
> SirStack
Visit Morphylogeny!

eBay
SirStack
Visit Morphylogeny!

eBay

yami senshi youkaiou wrote: View Post

I think it was from the Metalder episode with either Dream Master or Amphibidor because I know there's an episode where Amphibidor melts into slime to sneak into a scientist's house and kidnap him.
That's where this slime usage came from, the Amphibidor one. There actually is a bit of slime footage from Spielban #06, the Spore episode, so it's easy to see how they can be confused.

Up to PRDT #09 currently, and recently finished VRT #08 and #09.
Old April 11th, 2018, 07:42 AM #60
> Churlyryan
Rabbit Hole Digger

Churlyryan
Rabbit Hole Digger

One thing is, its so weird and surreal reading the VR Troopers and seeing the pictures of literal objects and to go to PRDT to see horrible CGI Zords.

Toei really should have waited a few years before full time switching to CGI Zords.