Menu

Closed

Old April 27th, 2015, 10:11 AM #1
> ϟDecade
FINAL KAMEN ATTACK FORM RIDE: OWNER

Decade

New Rule/Policy on Trading - Trading is being banned! - Please Read

All our tightened up rules & policies in the recent years are put in place in favor of protecting the members. This new rule is being implemented to do the same.

Recently a member's been scammed - it was a trade for item values I believe are well over $200 USD, maybe even in the $300+ range.

One user sent the package intentionally with the wrong address and with nothing in it but peanut packaging. A mailman was able to locate the package and deliver it to the victim anyway and images show it was an intended scam.

So this is what we came up with for a positive change. Obviously this can hurt those that don't use PayPal, but that's going to have to change. Dealing here is like driving a car, and PayPal is the car insurance - you have to have it.

If users are looking for trades, all trades must be given an agreed equal value. Let's say it's $200 - then each user would PayPal each other the same agreed amount - that's the insurance each user is getting. If something goes wrong, they can dispute with PayPal. This turns trades into 2 PayPal transactions.

We are going to allow an exception to direct trading if it's only a card or two, or an accessory or two. But this only applies to Veteran Tag members.

Anything else will be breaking our rules. 3 or more item trades must be valued, and conducted as a PayPal transaction.

This rule goes into effect immediately. Members may post their thoughts & comments.
Old April 27th, 2015, 10:48 AM #2
> Tyrant103
King of Hearts

eBay
Tyrant103
King of Hearts

eBay

So for trades, we have send money plus the items besides? I certainly don't have any money as it is because of college and such. I have not scammed anybody, nor have I had any inclination to do so. Unless I am misinterpreting the new policy, it means I will not be able to do any trades on RB until I have a stable income to cover the PayPal payments, or I might have to conduct business elsewhere like eBay or Amazon until something changes here.
Old April 27th, 2015, 10:50 AM #3
> ϟDecade

Decade

You do have to send money yes - but in the "Trade", they're suppose to send you the same amount.

Because the trade now becomes 2 separate sales - in the end, you get the same amount back except maybe minus a few bucks for the PayPal fees - but that's basically insurance on the deals.
Old April 27th, 2015, 10:53 AM #4
> Tyrant103
King of Hearts

eBay
Tyrant103
King of Hearts

eBay

Joy. Well...guess that means I am no longer able to do business here then. I have no income and will not for at least a few months yet
Old April 27th, 2015, 10:58 AM #5
> ϟDecade

Decade

It's the way it is. Ultimately we're requiring everyone to have PayPal insurance and in the end everyone is affected by the PayPal fees. Although the cost of the fees are in my opinion low - it's no different than drivers requiring to have car insurance.
Old April 27th, 2015, 11:00 AM #6
> Alpha-9
Power Ranger

eBay
Alpha-9
Power Ranger

eBay

I get the feeling this will just Kill Trading altogether on here rather than ensure it's safer.

Just my 2 cents.
Old April 27th, 2015, 11:02 AM #7
> Megaship
Texas Ranger fan times 2

Megaship
Texas Ranger fan times 2

If you are trading, you have to have money for shipping anyway, so this is just an added amount to what you are spending. Plus, you can use that money for the shipping.

I do have a question. The exception goes for Veteran Tag members, so does this mean that if a non-Vet is trading with a Vet, the non-Vet is the only one spending extra money?
I only buy or sell, so it won't affect me, but others might have that question.
Old April 27th, 2015, 11:03 AM #8
> ϟDecade

Decade

Alpha-9 wrote: View Post

I get the feeling this will just Kill Trading altogether on here rather than ensure it's safer.

Just my 2 cents.
It kind of is, there really isn't a safe way to trade since it's all about trust. But it's also why I left a small exception with Veteran tag members - but only a small one.
Old April 27th, 2015, 11:06 AM #9
> ϟDecade

Decade

Megaship wrote: View Post

I do have a question. The exception goes for Veteran Tag members, so does this mean that if a non-Vet is trading with a Vet, the non-Vet is the only one spending extra money?
I only buy or sell, so it won't affect me, but others might have that question.
No, in a situation of Non-Vet to Vet - it directly applies as 2 separate sales so both parties have to spend money.
Old April 27th, 2015, 11:06 AM #10
> Tyrant103
King of Hearts

eBay
Tyrant103
King of Hearts

eBay

Alpha-9 wrote: View Post

Just my 2 cents.
Truthfully speaking, I would have to agree with you Alpha. I am a member of RangerBoard for that sole purpose.
Old April 27th, 2015, 11:09 AM #11
> ⚡Lord Zedd
Blah

32 eBay
Lord Zedd
Blah

32 eBay

Tyrant103 wrote: View Post

Truthfully speaking, I would have to agree with you Alpha. I am a member of RangerBoard for that sole purpose.
You're only a member to trade? Never buy or sell or interact with other members?

We're trying the best that we can ensure the safety of our members. It was either this or ban trading altogether....which I was in favor of.
Old April 27th, 2015, 11:10 AM #12
> ϟDecade

Decade

If members can propose a safe way to keep trades going, please feel free to PM me.
Old April 27th, 2015, 11:25 AM #13
> Tyrant103
King of Hearts

eBay
Tyrant103
King of Hearts

eBay

Lord Zedd08 wrote: View Post

You're only a member to trade? Never buy or sell or interact with other members?

We're trying the best that we can ensure the safety of our members. It was either this or ban trading altogether....which I was in favor of.
What I meant to say was that I am a member for the purpose of doing business. That is how I even found out about RangerBoard in the first place. Was googling something about power ranger merchandise and RB came up. Im not sure what you guys can do to ensure member safety and continue to allow honest dealers to do business. Will try to think of something and forward my thoughts accordingly
Old April 27th, 2015, 11:37 AM #14
> ϟDecade

Decade

We don't like scams happening, and recent issues that went through PayPal had PayPal issue refunds. Whereas we see no way of helping the victims here with getting their items back or cash value of them.

We can understand how it inconveniences users that can only trade for whatever reason, but that's going to have to change so we can ensure everyone complying with our rules are insured through PayPal.
Old April 27th, 2015, 11:49 AM #15
> RangerB13
Power Ranger

eBay
RangerB13
Power Ranger

eBay

Good thing I don't trade or do business on here. I understand the need for restrictions when it comes to member security, but banning trading completely? Seems unnecessary considering the amount of people I see on forums talking about trades. Might harm RangerBoard in the long run. It's a good thing I don't really trade on here as it is...I thought about starting to do business on here but at this point it's like walking on eggshells, so I'll just go through another avenue and stick to forums. Not trying to be rude, just seems excessive to me.
Old April 27th, 2015, 11:53 AM #16
> MK19
Power Ranger

MK19
Power Ranger

I think it is right to ban trades were the two parties never meet. I'm sure trades in person is not being banned by the board.
Old April 27th, 2015, 11:54 AM #17
> ϟDecade

Decade

Any in-person deals would be considered off-site, so it wouldn't even apply
Old April 27th, 2015, 12:10 PM #18
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

The fact is, trading is sketchy as it is. Not meaning that more doesn't go well, but there's some instances, as I have learned, that you just get screwed and nothing you can do about it.

The truth of the matter is, you aren't going to be trading a $60 for a $100 item. You're going to trade equally. So for both parties to send, let's say $100 to each other... you're insuring yourself should something go awry.

That said, as trading is now, you trade and it's basically the "Honor System". You say you'll ship something and HOPE that what you get is right. Should it not be... guess what? Not much you can do.

Now if both parties have exchanged money... then the items are shipped, and now all of a sudden you get a package with nothing in it... guess what? You can open a case and fight to get, at least, the money back as there's a record of the transaction. You'll never get the items, but at least you won't be totally screwed.
Old April 27th, 2015, 12:18 PM #19
> TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay

I traded a few things here before and luckily always got the item I traded for, but it is always a gamble. It's unfortunate people are dishonest.
Old April 27th, 2015, 12:30 PM #20
> Beatlesfan
Power Ranger

eBay
Beatlesfan
Power Ranger

eBay

As someone who got screwed in a trade here, I like this. I've seen this same rule system used elsewhere, and it worked splendidly.
Closed