Home Menu

Menu

Old May 30th, 2019, 12:43 PM #921
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

The title had me worried, then I read all the way to the end and was relieved...

...Then you have me worried again.

You're so good at commanding the attention of drama lovers.
Cameron Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2019, 03:28 PM #922
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

The title had me worried, then I read all the way to the end and was relieved...

...Then you have me worried again.

You're so good at commanding the attention of drama lovers.

Aw, thank you.

I hope you liked the "conclusion" to my decade long arch. Suffice it to say be the very last line though that the last five chapters won't be all flowers and sunshine.
BrownRangerKev is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2019, 10:56 PM #923
> zedd_heart_rita
Power Ranger

zedd_heart_rita
Power Ranger

Damnit, you still can't let them be happy can you? hahahaha

A fine chapter as always (y)
zedd_heart_rita is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2019, 12:23 AM #924
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

BrownRangerKev wrote: View Post

Aw, thank you.

I hope you liked the "conclusion" to my decade long arch. Suffice it to say be the very last line though that the last five chapters won't be all flowers and sunshine.
I absolutely did, and it's nice to have a little calm to proceedings too, situations are by PR's very nature very stormy
Old May 31st, 2019, 02:23 PM #925
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

zedd_heart_rita wrote: View Post

Damnit, you still can't let them be happy can you? hahahaha

A fine chapter as always (y)
LOL. You wouldn't be coming back if I did...

I absolutely did, and it's nice to have a little calm to proceedings too, situations are by PR's very nature very stormy
Yes, yes they are. They make good fics too.
Old June 1st, 2019, 06:40 AM #926
> BamaPRFan07
Power Ranger

BamaPRFan07
Power Ranger

Lord I got emotional and stuff...then that last scene was everything! And now I'm scared...cause you're about to shake us all up! lol

SN: Robbie needs to be out of this sling by the next episode. They've been getting their asses kicked lmaooo
BamaPRFan07 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2019, 09:00 AM #927
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BamaPRFan07 wrote: View Post

Lord I got emotional and stuff...then that last scene was everything! And now I'm scared...cause you're about to shake us all up! lol

SN: Robbie needs to be out of this sling by the next episode. They've been getting their asses kicked lmaooo
Glad you liked it! Lol maybe you'll be shaken up. Maybe it's just one last hurdle for them to overcome. Who knows.

And Robbie would be flattered that you think he's that important haha. Archerina did kick their asses though. She's proving to me at least to be a more viable final boss than either Mondo, Zedd or Rita. I nearly killed her off in this chapter too. I'll have to see how the story pans out.
Old June 15th, 2019, 06:17 AM #928
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

Hey guys we might be in for a wait till the next chapter. This month has kicked my ass work wise so I haven't had the down time to write more than an outline. I hope by July to have the next chapter out.
Old June 24th, 2019, 05:23 AM #929
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

BrownRangerKev wrote: View Post

Hey guys we might be in for a wait till the next chapter. This month has kicked my ass work wise
Kick 'em right back next month friend, we're patient.
Old June 27th, 2019, 06:19 AM #930
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

You're too kind.
Old July 7th, 2019, 10:53 PM #931
> Craig Evans
Power Ranger

Craig Evans
Power Ranger

I am very pleased to see how this wonderful fanfic has progressed. Thankyou for all the good work. Keep it up. I am very pleased that Trini and Robbie are finally engaged. I am disappointed that for some unknown reason I am not allowed to give any posts a thumbs up because I would give most of these eps a thumbs up.
Craig Evans is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2019, 02:59 PM #932
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

Aw, thank you. And your kind works more than make up for any missing likes.
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old July 13th, 2019, 07:50 PM #933
> fb111a
Power Ranger

fb111a
Power Ranger

I can understand about work kicking butt... struggling on the latest chapter of my fic, too.
fb111a is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2019, 09:31 AM #934
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

Slowly inching toward the finish line. The next chapter should be a go by no later than Tuesday. I just wanted to put the finishing touches and make sure it was worth a two month wait. Here's hoping...
Old August 5th, 2019, 06:16 PM #935
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

Season 4 - Episode 17: Till the Next Goodbye

(We begin the third and final act from the moon…)

Archerina: Today’s the day.

(Archerina, alone, studies a photo in her hand as she speaks to herself. Her appearance has gone into disrepair; her face is scuffed with wires exposed throughout her body. Her once sultry voice is now slightly warped. Yet the normally vain vixen has become laser focused on her next objective...)

Archerina: Today’s the day I begin to strike back. And take away everything that ever mattered to you.

(Vengeance.)

Archerina: Mark my words. Your story shall have no happy ending.

(Elsewhere at a local cemetery, Trini, dressed in a black dress stands solemnly before a gravestone with a rose in her hand. She stares meaningfully at the gravestone that reads "Zack Taylor, The world needed his voice. The Lord needed him more.")

Trini: ...

(From behind, an important looking dignitary approaches.)

Dignitary: He was a good man. Despite all he had to deal with in life, he was a man of honor. I'm sorry for your loss.

Dignitary: If there is anything we could do to help you through this time, please, let us know. It would be no trouble at all.

(She responds weakly.)

Trini: Please, go away.

Dignitary: I… beg your pardon?

Trini: You're not real. None of this is real. I've had this dream before. Many times. Some important man I probably met in Switzerland offers their condolences. The words are always the same. I'm so sick of this dream already.

Dignitary: (Confused) Dream?

Trini: I... I thought I made my peace with losing Zack. I just want to be able to move on already.

Dignitary: Who's Zack?

(She turns to him, perplexed. He continues.)

Dignitary: Who do you think we're here for?

(She slowly turns back forward. Her eyes open wide at what the gravestone now reads.)

"Roberto Clemente, beloved husband, friend"

(She puts her left hand over her mouth in disbelief; revealing her engagement ring. A voice calls from behind.)

"Our deepest condolences, Mrs. Clemente."

(She turns back around, the man is gone. In his place is Archerina, King Mondo and the Machine Empire. Archerina swiftly raises a bow at her with an arrow in place. She shoots.)

Trini: (Gasps)...!

(Trini awakens in bed. In a cold sweat, she tries to reorient herself. Once she determines none of what she experienced was real, her look of shock turns to frustration. She throws herself back onto her pillow. The next morning, we find a mysterious man in a black suit. He puts on a pair of sunglasses as he wanders around areas that the ranger teens seem to frequent. First, he starts in the halls of Angel Grove high.)

Man: ...

(He looks around, not seeming to find what he's looking for. He man goes elsewhere.)

(He enters the Youth Center. It's virtually empty. He doesn’t stay long or moves beyond the entrance point before leaving.)

(He enters the park. Like the Youth Center, it’s scarcely populated. He does however, find something that piques his interest. Or rather someone.)

Robbie: ...

(Robbie is seen on his bike with his backpack on scrolling through songs on his Walkman. He’s no longer wearing a sling and completely unaware of the man in black as he approaches from behind. He grabs him by the shoulder…)

Robbie: (Gasps) ...

Man: Hi. I'm sorry to scare you.

Robbie: (Annoyed) Can I help you?

Man: I'm hoping you can. Do you know someone named Billy Cranston?

Robbie: What's it to you?

Man: I need to speak with him. I'd prefer not to share why.

Robbie: That's comforting.

Man: Do you have a phone number perhaps where I can reach him?

Robbie Yeah, here’s a tip: guys that look like they work for the FBI don't exactly inspire a lot of trust from guys that look like me.

Man: Understood. I'll settle for his address.

(Meanwhile, back on the moon…)

Rita: Hmm. Something must be up.

(From her stationed RV in the distance, Rita tries to keep tabs on the Machine Empire. However, there is very little in the way of actual activity surrounding the normally buzzing palace.)

Rita: It's not like them to simply stop. They overwhelm their opponents into submission. They must be planning something big.

Lord Zedd: (Enters) Or maybe their batteries have gone dry? Maybe they caught a virus. Maybe they got caught in the rain and are suffering water damage. Who cares? Either way, now is the moment for us to take advantage.

Rito: (Sigh) Is it that time already?

(Rito enters.)

Lord Zedd: What are you blithering on about?

Rito: I don't know. Don't you think our time has... you know, come and gone? I feel like we're just some afterthought from another time. I think we've got our cue to hang up our staffs and try something new.

Lord Zedd: That's ridiculous. What could we possibly do other than try to rule the world? What could you possibly offer to the world?

Rito: Well, I can become a model. I’ve been told I have the physique. You guys can travel? (Gasps) Maybe you can have a baby?

Lord Zedd: Ugh.

Rita: (Gasps) YES. My third baby! And this one we won't just feed to the power rangers in thirty minutes.

Lord Zedd: Well what would be do with it then?

Rita: Raise it?

Lord Zedd: Are you mad?! No, no, no. We're not entertaining this topic.

(Zedd furiously grabs the telescope and points it back toward earth.)

Lord Zedd: You need to mind your business, Rito. (Turns to Rita) And you need to keep busy. You’ve got way too much time on your hands. Now I want you to stay here and don’t move until you find some loose plot thread that we can insert ourselves through.

(Zedd marches off, almost strategically so as to shut down the conversation. Frustrated, Rita grabs the telescope but incidentally moves it out of place before looking back into it.)

Rita: (Gasps) Zeddy! Come quick!! Look what I’ve found!!!

Lord Zedd: A plot thread?

Rita: …you can say that.

(A little later in the day, we find ourselves back in the park, only the scene has transformed into what appears to be the beginning of some sort of event. Nearby, a reporter sets the stage.)

Reporter: It has been nearly eight months since the world changed forever after the Machine Empire's devastating attacks across the globe that left thousands dead and millions more left to pick up the shattered remains of the world we once knew.

(Within the crowds of people are some of the ranger teens, who are helping to set up.)

Reporter: Today in the official renaming ceremony of Angel Grove Park to Taylor Memorial Park, Mayor Carrington wants to use this as a time to reflect, to take stock and most importantly to boost sagging approval ratings.

(Some friends are also present, including Sammy who’s sticking close by to Jason, as they set up seats in front of the stage. Jason, who’s working an unnatural sweat, decides to take a load off and takes a seat.)

Jason: (Exhales deeply) Ugh.

Sammy: You okay?

Jason: Yeah. I’m fine.

Sammy: My grandpa makes those sounds. You’ve been looking pretty tired lately. You’re not seeing another girl are you?

Jason: I wish I had the energy to see another girl.

Sammy: (Proudly) That’s right cause I’m more than enough for you.

Jason: Heh. That you are.

(As he wipes his brow, the reporter continues…)

Reporter: Trini Kwan is set to be the keynote speaker in what will mark her first public appearance since surviving a horrific attack that claimed the life of one of her closest colleges and friends.

(In the distance we find Trini approaching the ceremony. She too looks tired, but for completely different reasons. A distant look is pasted on her face as she walks alongside Robbie.)

Robbie: So, I’m unemployed again.

Robbie: I guess getting breaking up with the bosses niece leads to you being accused of stealing office supplies. I guess it didn’t help either that I did take a few things.

Trini: Hmm.

Robbie: Is… everything okay?

Trini: Huh? Yeah. Sorry. I've just... I guess I didn't get a good night's sleep.

Robbie: That’s the third time this week. Do you know why?

(She shrugs, not letting on what she knows.)

Robbie: You’re not seeing another guy, are you?

Trini: No.

Robbie: I mean, I’d get it. Now that the thrill of the engagement is wearing off. You sure you’re not like… seeing me for who I am? I mean let’s face it, how can I provide for you without an education or a job?

(Trini smiles at him then brushes her hand softly on his cheek.)

Trini: I’ll probably make more money than you.

(She continues up the hill. Somehow, her words weren’t so reassuring to Robbie.)

Tanya: Hey! The love birds are here.

(Though they don’t appear to be in the mood for fanfare, Robbie and Trini are instantly mobbed upon their appearance by their friends like two celebrities. Some of whom haven’t seen them since hearing the big news.)

Sammy: (Gasps) Hey!

Rocky: Hi guys.

Trini: Hey.

Jason: Congrats you two.

Sammy: Can I see the ring? I've never seen it. (Gasps) Oh my gosh! It’s so pretty!

Katherine: I never thought I’d see the day.

Adam: You did good, Rob. You better not let this one go.

Robbie: Here’s hoping.

Rocky: So what’s the plan, Trini? Are you thinking an outdoor wedding or are you getting married in a church?

Trini: It’s a bit early. I don’t know yet. But I’m Buddhist.

Rocky: Wait. You’re not Trini?

Trini: No, I mean we use a temple, not a church.

Rocky: Okay. But what does that have to do with your name?

Robbie: Guys, can we cool it with the questions for just a moment? Now’s not really the venue to be talking weddings. There’s people who are mourning loved ones here that don’t want to hear other people’s good news.

Jason: (Nods) Fair point.

(Robbie’s point, while valid, was also fairly pointed given his current state of self-doubt. That said…)

“Hey guys! Great news!”

(From behind, Billy appears.)

Billy: I just got accepted into Ivy League!

Trini: (Gasps) Congrats Billy!

(In an instant, Trini rushes toward Billy to give him a big hug.)

Robbie: (Mutters to self) I uh… don’t think people want to hear great news either…

Adam: Good for you man. I’m happy for you.

Jason: Yeah man. You definitely deserve it. When do you start?

(It’s at this point however when Billy sighs, as if leading to the caveat...)

Billy: Tomorrow.

(He’s met by stunned looks from his friends, who suddenly fall silent. After the jubilation ends, we pick up later at the power chamber, where Billy makes his announcement to Zordon.)

Billy: I have a full ride scholarship; the coveted Einstein Scholarship. Room and board. But there’s a time limit to it because it’s so limited and I have to start right away to claim it. My grades are more than good enough to get in should I wish to start next year, but… that scholarship would release a huge burden on my family.

(Behind him, each of his ranger friends, and Trini, are formed behind him. Despite the initial shock, nearly each of them are now beaming with pride. Zordon speaks up.)

Zordon: Say no more, Billy. The day I knew was an inevitability has come. I knew eventually, a school would come along and recognize the genius you have that has been apparent to us for four years.

Billy: …

Zordon: You have served this team honorably, not only on the front lines, but when even when your role shifted to that of an advisor, your value has only grown.

Jason: Yeah man. I think we'd all have died a hundred times over if it weren't for your MacGyver like ingenuity. I can barely walk up the steps anymore, yet you somehow keep the gold ranger relevant.

Billy: ...I even know when to cue the music.

Zordon: It may have taken some adjustment for you, Billy, but you have learned that life does not end when you hang up the spandex. On the contrary, now your life will truly begin. Your potential is truly limitless, Billy. And I have no doubt you will succeed in whatever your heart’s desire.

Robbie: …

(From the back of the group, Robbie looks on with a thousand yard stare. It was Zordon’s comment however, that catches his attention.)

Trini: I’m so proud of you Billy. You have no idea.

(“Now your life will truly begin.” A phrase that sticks to Robbie’s head. To him, an indication that the only life that is valid is the life that starts once one leaves the team. It’s validation to Robbie for something he’s personally been grappling with for the past few months. And a topic he’s struggled with for years as he’s watched friend after friend leave the team while he’s stayed behind. Robbie’s greatest life accomplishments will merely be a footnote in Billy’s story.)

Zordon: You are not only an asset to your new school but the world will be gaining an asset as well; however you decide to utilize your vast talents. Suffice it to say you have my blessing to leave Billy.

Billy: (Bows head) Thank you Zordon. But I… actually haven’t made my decision yet.

Robbie: What?!

(Robbie’s over the top reaction catches everyone off guard.)

Robbie: …sorry.

Adam: What's there to decide, Billy?

Billy: (Shrugs) It's a big decision. I don’t want to jump right into it.

Jason: I hear you, but this is a big opportunity.

Billy: I understand. But I also... have a lot of projects here that'll be left unfinished. New Zords. New powers…

Tanya: Billy, I’ve got to say. We love your dedication, but you gotta go, boy.

Jason: Yeah. We don’t want you to throw your life away for us.

Billy: (Shrugs) I couldn't possible ever do that. Being with you guys has been the best part of my life.

(He steps away from the front, walking through the crowd toward the back.)

Billy: This past year has led to some of my most important work with the team. I’ve become the safeguard between you guys and imminent danger.

(He stops in the back near the display of the old ranger costumes, slowly running his hands through the black rangers’ model.)

Billy: I sit back and I analyze. No longer being required to be on the field I can explore every possible outcome before a move is ever made. I am the chess master that can view moves in advance, so that no piece is ever lost.

Trini: …

(Finally, he stops at the center of the display. In front of the model of Ninjor, standing with Dulcea.)

Billy: So that we can all celebrate our victory. Together.

(Suddenly in understanding, the opposition ends.)

Billy: So I hope you will understand why I take this decision to leave quite seriously.

Katherine: We understand.

Trini: …yeah.

(Billy turns once more to the glass. Recalling the moment he found out that initiating the Zeo purge meant sacrificing a friend. By then it was too late. Never again, Billy swore himself. He whispers to himself.)

"I'm sorry, Ninjor..."

(The phrase is echoed, millions of light-years away. A frail voice calls out as they wander aimlessly in a vast desert. It appears from behind to be a young being who collapses to the ground. After, an indiscernible amount of time passes, the now partially buried body awakens to a shrill voice in the distance.)

“My son!”

(Rita, Zedd and Finster appear from the distance. A teenaged Thrax looks up.)

Thrax: Huh?

Rita: I told you he was here Zeddy. My son is on Eltar!

Lord Zedd: At last, we reunite!

Rita: After what must feel like ten thousand years, you’re free!

Thrax: Is this for real?

Rita: Of course it is.

Thrax: Who are you people?

Rita: What?! Don't you know your own mother?! Why, I used to nurse you!

Thrax: With those?

Finster: (Scratches chin) Ah, I suppose, you were likely too young before you were taken.

Thrax: Taken? You must be mistaken. I was raised here by Ninjor.

Rita: What?! You mean he kidnapped you!

Thrax: Don't you dare speak ill of Ninjor!

(Thrax springs up from the sand. Rita appears ready to double down but Zedd, thinking on his feet, holds her back.) Zedd holds Rita back from doubling down.)

Thrax: He's an honorable man who has helped me walk the right path. He's been gone for a while. I worry for him. He was quite frail.

Lord Zedd: Well, I'm sorry to say it son. But Ninjor has passed. We came for you as his final request.

Thrax: What?!

Lord Zedd: Yes.

Rita: Yes?

Lord Zedd: Yes. In fact, he was murdered! By the power rangers!

Thrax: Murdered you say… (His clenches his fist.) The power rangers... who are they?

(He speaks up again, this time his voice turning more cynical.)

Thrax: And where can I find them...?

(The rangers are back in the park, resuming their prep work. Most at least. Robbie is MIA and Trini is lost in a sea of people, many of whom stop to tell her how brave she is. The words fail to resonate as she pushes past them with mere polite acknowledgments. She finds Billy on his own handing out sheets of paper, mentally on another planet himself. She approaches him.)

Trini: Hey.

Billy: Hey.

(He hands her a paper.)

Billy: You want?

Trini: Is that a program for the event?

Billy: (Shakes head) It’s a flyer for a Carrington re-election.

Trini: Oh. No thanks.

(There is an awkward silence that ensues. Trini can sense the torment in her old friends eyes. He never says another word, though it’s crystal clear to her. Without saying anything else herself, she leans in for a hug. One that is tightly and immediately reciprocated. She guessed correctly.)

Trini: You’re incredible, you know that? You’ve come so far from the shy little boy I translated for.

(She pulls away to look him in the eye.)

Trini: That boy barely believed he had what it took to be a ranger. Now look at him. I’m not sure I’d even be engaged right now if it weren’t for the work you do to keep everybody safe.

(Billy doesn’t need to dig much more either to understand where she’s coming from either.)

Billy: Well don’t worry. I don’t think I’m gonna go. Part of me just feels like I'm abandoning the others.

(As much as that may benefit her cause, Trini can’t let her own selfish needs stop anyone she cares about from being happy.)

Trini: No. Billy, you can't always live your life based off that. The team will always be better with you, but they'll go on without you.

Billy: But I couldn’t live with myself if something happened to them. I’d gladly give up college to see them safe. (Gulps) I’d gladly give my life to see them safe.

Trini: You shouldn’t have to martyr yourself, Billy. I doubt Zack wanted to be a martyr himself, it was forced on him.

Trini: At some point you've got to allow yourself to live your life and be who you're destined to be.

Billy: Hmm. Thank you. You were always good at this.

Trini: Give unwarranted advice?

Billy: (Grins) Like nobody better.

(They share a brief laugh. He moves to another subject.)

Billy: How are you by the way? Is everything okay? Are you and Robbie okay?

Trini: …yeah. We’re fine.

Billy: It’s just...

Trini: I don't know. Part of me wishes he had his own exit strategy.

Billy: I see.

Trini: I... guess I'm still not over what happened in Switzerland. I'm not sure I'll ever be completely okay.

Billy: Well, what you experienced in Switzerland was indeed traumatic. You saw your best friend die.

Trini: Not only that. I nearly saw him die trying to rescue me. I don't know. Maybe I'm just being crazy. But my head sure would be a lot clearer if he weren't a ranger anymore.

Billy: Have you spoken to him about this?

Trini: And ask him to quit? Being a ranger means everything to him. It’s the only thing he’s got that’s working for him. I could never do anything like that to him. It would’ve been like Robbie insisting I never go to Switzerland.

Billy: Remember why you two fell apart to begin with though? Even before Switzerland, you two stopped communicating. Does it sound like the way you want to start the rest of your lives together?

Trini: No. Thank you, Billy. That helps.

Billy: (Nods) I’ve learned from the best.

(Trini leaves to go find Robbie. He’s somewhere away from the crowds, sitting by himself on a bench staring off into the sky. Trini slowly approaches from behind.)

Trini: Is this seat taken?

Robbie: ...if you still want it.

(He never makes eye contact though, she sits beside him nonetheless. Robbie remains still, even as he feels her staring at him.)

Robbie: Can I ask you something?

Trini: Sure.

Robbie: What do you see in me? Like honestly. Beyond nostalgia, what do I bring?

Trini: Can I be honest with you?

Robbie: Yeah.

Trini: You’re hot.

(She manages a grin out of him.)

Robbie: I’m serious. I just feel that... I feel like… where am I going with my life? What am I doing?

Trini: (Raises eyebrow) Are you rethinking the engagement?

Robbie: No. Uh… unless, you are? I-I mean I’m afraid to ask but…

Trini: No, of course not.

(She rubs his back consolingly.)

Robbie: Like, Billy for example. He's my friend and all, and I'm happy for him. But… come on man. He’s got everything. Even the loser beat me off the team.

(Trini doesn’t say anything in response, waiting to hear him out though she's intrigued.)

Robbie: Everyone is off doing amazing things, or they’re destined too. And I’m stuck here in Angel Grove watching pies fly into Bulk and Skull’s faces. I’ll be lucky if I graduate high school. I don't have a job, I don’t have a family. I don’t have anything to look forward to but… I don’t know… running the future of the power rangers?

Robbie: ...with whatever 2-dimensional freshmen Zordon scrounges up when these guys split? Is that my future? Figuring out which one is the new Kimberly and which one is the new Zack?

Trini: Robbie…

Robbie: I was really hoping I wouldn’t become that guy. You know ,the guy that stayed too long. Pretty sure that was gonna be Tommy but even he had the sense to have a nervous breakdown and leave. I’m sure he’s laughing it up.

Trini: What are you saying?

(She asks, hoping he’s gonna say what she thinks he’s gonna say.)

Robbie: I-I’m saying… I just wished I had something. Anything that made me special.

(She sighs. Once again, while the direction he’s headed may be to her benefit, she can’t sit by and watch the person she cares about most destroy themselves mentally. She reaches for his biceps and pulls him in closely.)

Trini: Hey. Listen to me. You are special. To me at least.

Trini: Robbie, you’re 18. You’re allowed to not know where you’re going in life. No one does. You’re just unlucky in that you’re surrounded by people who do.

Robbie: Nah. I may not be talented or smart. But I’m definitely lucky.

(He looks into her eyes as she smiles back at him.)

Trini: I love you Robbie. Never doubt that.

Robbie: I love you more.

(Without saying another word, the two lean into one another and stare off into the distance together. Into the vastness of the sky, not knowing what lies beyond, but ready to face it together. Until…)

Robbie: I suppose when I do lead my own team I’ll always have you to go back to in the Youth Center. Heck, you could even be my tech advisor. I hear we have an opening.

(With an unwitting grin on his face, Robbie turns away. Trini’s expression however suddenly turns dour.)

Robbie: It’s funny. This whole time I was worried you were starting to come to your senses about me. So... you've seemed off the past few days.

Trini: Yeah…

Robbie: You know, if you’re just having trouble sleeping, we don’t need to be here. I’m sure I can help you fall asleep. I can read some screenplays I found online from something called Turbo.

Trini: Robbie, the… (Breathes in) can I speak to you about something? Can you promise you won’t be mad?

Robbie: Uh… okay?

(Worry suddenly comes across his face, but before they get any further, his communicator rings.)

Robbie: (Sighs) I... gotta take this. Can we put a pin on this?

(He kisses her on the cheek and runs off. Trini exhales, then speaks to herself…)

Trini: I want you to quit the team. I’m having nightmares about losing you and I don’t want them to come true. I don’t know what I would do if I lost you.

(Within moments, he’s rounded up the others and found a secluded area to accept the call.)

Robbie: We read you, Zordon.

Zordon: Rangers, I am sensing a disturbance downtown. I cannot locate the source, but it’s definitely something big.

Alpha: The power readings are off the charts. Like Mondo big. And it’s migrating north towards the park.

Jason: Wow. We better get down there.

Robbie: No. We better get down there. You need to sit this out man.

Jason: What? No way.

Robbie: Yes way. You said it yourself, you can barely walk up stairs. I can’t see you go down again, man. You need to save your energy. And besides, if we go down, you're our last hope. I hope you understand.

Jason: I… do. It's just... I've heard that line before. Only I was saying it to Tommy.

Robbie: Then you get it. I need you to evacuate the park if necessary.

Jason: Right.

Billy: I'll head back to the power chamber. I'll offer whatever support you need. At least one last time.

Robbie: Thanks man. I know we can count on you. It's morphin time!

(Now morphed, the rangers head downtown, and find what they think is the source of the distress signal.)

Adam: Aw great. You again?

(The find themselves standing across Rita and Zedd.)

Robbie: A Rita and Zedd episode? Ugh. What else is on?

Rita: Don't hurt our feelings, Robbie.

Lord Zedd: Yeah, we're just here to congratulate you on the big promotion. We just heard the news. You've really earned it.

Rita: Yeah. Dropping that yellow ranger has really done wonders for your career.

Robbie: Actually, we’re engaged.

Lord Zedd: Really?

Rita: And Rito says we're stuck in the past?

Rocky: You and your worthless Tengas are no match for us, Rita. Our powers are just too much for you to handle. So just give it up.

Lord Zedd: Perhaps. But I know someone who just may…

Rocky: Huh?

(From behind Robbie gets grabbed by a vice grip. He's turned around and eats a punch that sends him flying the other way. The other teens quickly react but get effortlessly brushed aside. Adam eats an elbow while trying to restrain the enemy, Rocky takes an uppercut, Katherine, who lunges from the front gets tossed behind the unidentified monsters back. And the enemy turns around and lands a hard boot to Tanya that drills her into the ground.)

Robbie: Ugh. What the heck was that?!

Rita: It looks like you're not the only one having a reunions.

Adam: ...wait, is that?

Lord Zedd: Rangers, you've met Thrax, haven’t you?

Rocky: Oh no.

Lord Zedd: And he’s not alone. Get them!

(On command a pack of Tengas appear by their side and charge. Meanwhile back at the power chamber, Billy types away at the control panel, trying to get a reading on Thrax’s numbers.)

Billy: I’ve got an energy reading locked in. I’ll search for weaknesses. Do a patrol of the perimeter, I need eyes for any possible casualties.

Alpha: Right, Billy.

(While he’s typing away furiously, he looks up briefly and spots Jason sulking to himself in the corner.)

Billy: Um. You okay?

Jason: Yeah. It's just. Not used to feeling this useless. I should be down there.

Billy: You're not useless, Jason. You're an extremely valuable asset to the team.

Jason: (Chuckles) Yeah. I kinda said that to Tommy too. I didn't mean that either.

Billy: I see.

Jason: Coming back was about payback for Zack, sure. But I also wanted to prove to myself that I can still do it. Guess I just never thought I'd see the day where the role of hero passed me by. Kinda stinks.

Billy: Yeah. Tell me about it. When I stepped back as a ranger, it... destroyed me.

Jason: ...

Billy: It was a pretty hard adjustment not feeling relevant anymore. But that was a very narrow way of looking at it. In actuality, my role expanded to that of a mentor and backstage helper. And it freed my personal life enough so that I was able to repair some relationships I would've never had the chance to had I stayed in the thick of things.

Jason: ...yeah. I have been able to help Rob a lot. While being able to spend more time with the folks. And Sam...

Billy: I've never seen you happier or more at ease. You still get to play hero, but you're far enough away that you can enjoy more to life now. And we all knew this gold ranger thing was temporary anyway.

Jason: Yeah. You're right. I guess there's more to life than wearing spandex. And I'm finally realizing what some of that looks like. This may just be my way of transitioning out. Like you did.

Billy: Right.

Jason: It's been a good ride. But I guess we're finally reaching the final stop.

Billy: Indeed. It's been a great ride. And it's been an honor sharing it with you.

Jason: Thanks bro. I'm gonna head down to the park and make sure everyone is safe.

Billy: (Nods) Right. And I’ve got to foil Rita one last time. And she’s brought company.

Jason: You’re gonna need one big dumpster.

Billy: Hmm.

(Back in Angel Grove the Zeo Rangers try to fend off the flock of Tengas. )

Adam: Hui-yaa!!

(Grabbed on both ends, Adam flips his enemies by their wings, then springboards into the air for a kick in front of him, then springboards to his left for another. Rocky dodges an enemy soaring from his left but takes a stomp to the chest.)

Rocky: AH!

(He rolls backwards but recovers when he leaps back up and lands a split kick to two Tengas that happen to be running in from both sides. In midair however he’s caught and thrown through the air and into a tree, rattled by the thud he lands with.)

Rocky: Oof!

(The girls manage to trip up the enemies surrounding them with superior speed and footwork. But when they think they’re in the clear more materialize and take them out with surprise flying swipes. They both hit the ground, favoring the spots they were scraped by their respective Tenga’s razor sharp beaks.)

Katherine: Ugh. There’s too many of them!

Tanya: Yeah. And they just keep coming.

(In the center of it all is Robbie, who’s engaged in a stand-off with Thrax with whom he hopes it doesn’t need to get violent with.)

Robbie: Thrax. Buddy. You gotta stand down. You know this is wrong.

Thrax: ...

Robbie: You remember us, we're the rangers. Remember Kim? She was one of us.

Thrax: I know the rangers well. You're all murderers.

Robbie: What?! That’s ridiculous.

Thrax: I was told of your worldwide attack. Your greed caused the destruction of millions. You took the life of Ninjor.

Robbie: None of that is true!

Thrax: You think my parents would lie to me?

Robbie: ...yes?

Thrax: Ninjor was an honorable man, who you've fed to the Zeo crystals so you can wear your shiny suits. Isn’t that true?

Thrax: I was just a baby, left stranded to fend for myself. I was all he had and he was all I had.

Robbie: Well I must say, you turned out big and strong anyway.

Thrax: Silence.

Robbie: Look, I'm sorry. It was horrible evening. Each of us lost loved ones during that invasion.

Thrax: Then I shall help you see them again!

(Thrax takes his staff and slashes Robbie across the chest three times before he can so much as react. From a rooftop, Zedd and Rita look on gleefully.)

Rita: I love parenthood.

Lord Zedd: He's really like a chip off the old block isn't he?

Rita: Yeah. But... don't you feel bad in a way?

Lord Zedd: What do you mean?

Rita: I mean this is kind of dishonest. We're manipulating our child to make him do what we want.

Lord Zedd: Honey, that’s the best part of being a parent.

Rita: Yeah... I guess you're right.

(The two embrace share an embrace and continue to look on like proud parents. The blood curdling screams of Robbie being battered in the background.)

Rita: But wait, what happens if Thrax starts to listen to what Robbie's saying? That's what cost us last time.

Lord Zedd: Way ahead of you, darling.

(He points up into the sky at something in the distance. Elsewhere, Trini is back in the park by the stage, pacing around nervously. Knowing something is going off in the distance, she tries to clear her mind in preparation for a speech she needs to power through. The reporter is heard in the distance.)

Reporter: We have reports of a large-scale brawl breaking out in midtown between the power rangers and a band of monsters. The fight appears to be getting out of hand as the fight migrates north into the park ad into a collision course with this very ceremony.

Trini: (Gasps) ...

Reporter: With casualties imminent, the mayor who was reached for a plan of action, was instead moved to an undisclosed location and offered thoughts and prayers to the future victims, while offering a point by point rundown of how her opponent is less equipped from keeping Angel Grove safe from attacks like this one.

(A man in a clipboard approaches Trini.)

Producer: Ms. Kwan, you're up in five.

(She tries her best to keep composed, taking several breaths, that is until she looks up into the sky and sees Serpentera approach. The entire park is suddenly cast in its massive shadow as Jason pops out of the crowd.)

Jason: Everybody get out! It’s not safe!!

(The crowd disperses in a panic. Finding her opening, Trini slinks away with everyone else. Meanwhile, back at the power chamber…)

Billy: Guys, you're advancing too far into the park. Casualties are imminent.

“Thrax is too powerful. We're not gonna stop him with brute force alone.”

Alpha: Jason has warned the public. I repeat, Jason’s has warned the public. The park is now clearing out but you still need to hold out.

“He’s too powerful I said!!! I can’t make a d-“

Billy: Hello? Hello?

Alpha: Aye, ya, yai! Communications been disconnected.

Billy: That isn't promising.

(Suddenly, the doors swing open. A desperate looking Trini bursts through.)

Alpha: Trini! Aye, ya, yai. What are you doing here?

(She hesitates to come up with a response as if not knowing the answer herself.)

Trini: How is he?

Trini: Billy, how is he?

Billy: Um. I’m not sure. Thrax is startlingly powerful. Even with our power upgrades, we’re not gonna win a fair fight with him.

Trini: I saw Serpentera.

Billy: Serpentera…

Trini: I saw that thing blow up a planet. We need to do something. I can’t just sit back there and get told how brave I am and kiss up to that god awful mayor while everything I love and care about is destroyed.

Billy: ...

(Suddenly having an idea, Billy backs away from the control panels.)

Billy: Man the controls. I have an idea but I need Alpha's help to do it quickly.

Trini: Yes. Yes of course.

Billy: Alpha, follow me to the back.

(Trini rushes over to the controls as they head toward the back room. Before exiting, Billy stops and turns back.)

Billy: Thanks for helping out. Just like old times.

(Back in Angel Grove, the Zeo Rangers try to fend off the flock of Tengas.)

Katherine: Get out of here you stupid birds.

(After a flurry of kicks, Kat caps off her enemy with a punch that send the Tenga spinning several times before hitting the ground. She sees a brief opening to help her friend, who is visibly struggling.)

Katherine: Robbie, hang on I'm coming!

(She doesn't take more than three steps however before two more appear out of thin air and grab her by the arms.)

Katherine: Ugh!

(Meanwhile, Robbie tries his best to fend off the superior enemy, but is barely afforded the room to regain his bearings as Thrax thrashes him mercilessly.)

Thrax: GET OVER HERE.

(He grabs Robbie by the suit and smashes his head into his. Whiplash follows as the wounded ranger begins to dangle helplessly. In desperation, Robbie reaches for his laser pistol but Thrax is able to grab it in time and breaks it into pieces in front of him.)

Thrax: Your toys will have no effect on me.

(He then tosses him aside. He hits the ground hard and is barely able to recover to his knees. Thrax ponders his next move.)

Thrax: Let's see. How shall I finish you off? What will be the best way for you to feel the pain you made me feel? The pain that fuels me with this uncontrollable rage.

Robbie: If it helps, heart disease is in my family. You can let me die of that.

Thrax: You think this is a joke? There is nothing funny about the atrocities you have committed. The fact that in the face of sure defeat, gasping for a last breath, that you still insist that you're the good guy in all this still astounds me.

Thrax: You have been handed the opportunity move on. Rebuild. Get engaged even. Tell me, does your bride approve of what you do for a living?

Robbie: She's... she does. She used to be one of us.

Thrax: Why isn’t she anymore?

Robbie: (Panting) ...rumor has it… she asked for more money.

Thrax: More humor. But tell me, how funny would it be if you waited at home for her, only to never return? You sit by the clock. Her supper getting cold. The hours tick by, then turn to days. Then you're forced to face the cold conclusion that she will never walk through that door.

Thrax: That's what I faced. I was just a boy. Your lust for power is grotesque, brown ranger. Is that mantle of leader worth it? Is it worth the ashes of those before you who couldn’t handle the destruction? Is your false sense of superiority worth standing on your friend’s graves?

Robbie: What? Neither of them are dead. Rita and Zedd are lying to you.

Thrax: They said you'd say that.

Robbie: Man, they thought of everything this time…

Thrax: Mark my words, I will not rest until Ninjor is avenged for what you've done to him.

Robbie: Ninjor sacrificed his life for the good of the galaxy.

Thrax: You killed him!

Robbie: He was dead anyway.

(He summons the last of his strength to stand back up. His statement echoes in the distance.)

Robbie: Listen to me. Zedd and Rita held him captive. For months. We rescued him, but he was on death's door when we did. He was already frail.

Thrax: He... he was frail.

(Thrax looks to his parents, who look caught red-handed.)

Thrax: Is this true?

Rita: Uh… I… think I left he oven on.

(Both Rita and Zedd disappear at the first sign of trouble. Not to be sidetracked, Robbie continues.)

Robbie: Ninjor’s decision to give up his life saved him maybe a few weeks. He wanted to return to Eltar to you. You gave him a purpose he hadn't seen since Dulcea was killed. By your parents.

Thrax: …

Robbie: But ultimately, he decided that the best way to serve you was to secure your future. Rita and Zedd they... they're your parents sure, but they're clearly just using you. You're a tool to them to be discarded like everything else that no longer serves them.

(Meanwhile, inside Serpentera.)

Rito: Oh no. This doesn't look good.

Goldar: What doesn’t?

Rito: Feel my chest. Do you feel a lump?

(From behind, Zedd and Rita reapper.)

Lord Zedd: What are you two nimrods doing just sitting there?!

Rito: (Startled) Wha-

Rita: You’re locked on target. So destroy them!!

(Zedd leaps forward and slams the big red button on the dashboard. At the same time Billy teleports to the area, holding something big around his chest covered by a blanket. Jason appears as well from the other end, after having evacuated the park. He looks up into the sky and grows worried.)

Jason: Rob! Guys! You need to get out of there!!

(The others, facing off against Tenga’s who have the sense to flee themselves, heed Jason’s warning. Robbie however, seems so laser focused on trying to save Thrax he doesn’t feel the earth shaking around him.)

Robbie: The only one who cared was Ninjor. And if it weren't for them, he'd still be there for you.

(It almost looks as if he’s getting through to Thrax too, until…)

Thrax: LIAR!!!

Robbie: I'm not lyi--

Thrax: I'll kill you!!!

(Thrax charges a reeling Robbie, who hasn’t the energy to fight back. Billy, not focused on anything else but the conflict below tries to intervene and charges in himself. Above them, Serpentera has its head cocked back, as it consolidates all of its remaining power for a giant ball of energy building out of its mouth. The ball lights up the twilight sky and drowns out the others cries to their friends in its cross-hairs.)

Jason: Billy, nooooo!!

Katherine: Get out of the wayyy!!!

(Serpentera jerks its head unleashes a devastating beam straight down.)

Billy: Robbie!!

(At the last second, Billy shoves Robbie out of the way. Just before looking up at what barrels down from above. Nothing else is seen or heard other than a building cloud of black smoke and the deafening sound of the ground being ripped apart.)

Jason: …

(After what feels like an eternity, but only a few seconds, the sounds stops. The smoke stops building, though the remaining teens can’t see a thing. They quickly rip helmets off, coughing from smoke inhalation as they try to move forward. Eventually, the dust settles. They look up in the sky and see that Serpentera is gone. Its work is done.)

(The floor where it stuck is completely caved in. Still obstructed by smoke, the teens trip over themselves entering the crater. Inside, they find Robbie.)

(Having barely avoided the beam but being much too close enough to feel its power and impact, he too ran in to seek his friend, but no one is there.)

Robbie: Billy...

(Without sharing a word, the teens instead slowly share an embrace. Eventually, Robbie’s communicator rings.)

Robbie: (Clears throat) Yeah.

Trini: Hi Robbie. It's me.

Robbie: Trini?

Trini: Are you okay?

Robbie: Yeah… (Clear throat) I’m fine. But Billy’s…

Trini: ...okay. He's okay.

(Cut to the power chamber. Billy is on the ground beside her, apparently having been teleported just in the nick of time to safety. A closed dumpster staring back at him just a few feet away.)

(We fade to a few short moments later, the rangers rush through the door to get to Billy.)

Katherine: Billy!

Tanya: Thank goodness you're okay.

(Billy seems more or less recomposed, but still visibly shaken up after having barely averted being vaporized.)

Katherine: You had us so worried. Please. Never do anything like that again.

Adam: Not that you'll have the chance to.

Billy: (Nods) Well, if it weren't for her I might've had to rescind my acceptance.

(He shifts to the side to reveal Trini, looking on sheepishly.)

Rocky: Hey! Buddhist saved Billy, you guys!

(She looks at Robbie, who slowly approaches her. The slow approach turns into her leaping into his arms for a long, iron-like embrace from which she does not release.)

Trini: I'm so glad you're okay.

(Robbie too, seems visibly shaken. That was much too close. Images flashed before his eyes, and suddenly not getting into an Ivy League school mattered very little compared to what he nearly lost today.)

Trini: I can't keep doing this. I almost lost you today.

Robbie: I know, I… almost lost you.

(The others continue…)

Adam: (Pointing at the dumpster) Is that Thrax in there?

Billy: Yes, he is. I’ll be sending him back into space. It’s clear with whatever Zedd and Rita did that he’s become unsalvageable.

Adam: Well here’s hoping I never see that guy again.

Tanya: Nice way to bookend your career, eh? It starts with a dumpster opening and ends with you closing the lid.

Billy: (Shrugs) Well, actually it was kind of Jason’s idea. He deserves the credit.

Billy: It’s… actually why I’ve made my decision. I’m… gonna go to college. I can see you’re all more than suitable to fill in my role. I feel comfortable leaving.

(The teens share one last embrace with Billy after having finally made his decision. We forward later to the park. It’s completely empty other than scattered flyers on the ground. Trini approaches the stage. She looks out into the “audience” reflectively. Robbie appears from behind.)

(He approaches her, placing his hand on her back.)

Robbie: Can I… hear your speech?

(After a brief pause she reaches into her back pocket and pulls out a sheet of paper. She clears her throat.)

Trini: Today, was a difficult day for me. Not only did I relive that fateful day which changed my life forever, and ended the life of one of my closest friends. But I was also reminded that, even though the immediate threat was eliminated, the fight never stops.

Trini: The perfect world is a dream. I still believe it’s attainable, but there will always be those looking to tear it down for selfish gain. There will always be those looking to exploit those they deem as weak. There will always be those that want to watch the world burn. And even when one is stopped, it isn't long before another emerges to take their place.

(From the moon, Rita and Zedd mount their RV to move to another location. Rita stares out to see the Empire’s castle piercing the skyline in the distance.)

Trini: But in that same vain, there will always be those ready to defend those ideals. People who will not rest until the final threat to that perfect world is vanquished. And since that may never be their work may never done.

(From outside the power chamber moments ago, Billy and co. send the dumpster into space.)

Trini: That brings me to my friend, Zack. He fought tirelessly until his last breath to fight for that world and even in passing his work continues through those whose lives he touched. His work will continue through every child that learns his story as a result of this park's name being changed in his honor.

Trini: Today, I'm here to speak on his behalf. But I can't speak for my lost friend. However, II'd like to think that Zack would do everything exactly the same. His only regret however, is that I think he wishes he would have spent more time with those he loved.

(Elsewhere, the rest of the teens say their goodbyes to Billy as he readies to climb into a limo with the last of his luggage in hand.)

Tanya: Goodbye Billy.

Katherine: You call us when you get there.

Billy: I will. So long everyone.

(He climbs into the back of the limo as it pulls off.)

Trini: Zack's work was fulfilling but by the end he spoke frequently of getting back and seeing those closest to his heart once more. He never had that opportunity to tell them how he really felt. He had so many dreams he left unfulfilled. And so many involved doing nothing at all, in this park.

(Inside the limo the driver calls to him from the front.)

“Is everything okay back there?”

Billy: Yes, I’m fine thank you.

“Good.”

(Pan to the front, the driver is revealed.)

Krank: I want you to be nice and comfortable for where you’re headed.

Trini: So my message to you, and what I think Zack's message would be... while we continue to fight this good fight, is to make sure you don't lose sight of what we're fighting for. Make sure you continue to live the life that we try to defend. Enjoy the world you’ve helped build to this point. Fulfill my friend’s Zack’s unfulfilled dream and have you happily ever after. Stop and smell the roses in the park. Do nothing.

Robbie: …okay.

Trini: …?

Robbie: You got it.

(Without saying another word, Trini looks into her future husband’s eyes., where an unspoken dialogue takes place, understood only by those two with the unspoken bond. She leans in for a loving embrace, one that he returns. The episode ends as they, once more, look off into the twilight sky. They stare off into a day that is nearly done, as is Robbie’s story.)
Old August 10th, 2019, 05:22 AM #936
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Another monumental chapter, I loved Trini's speech, and how Thrax is dealt with (does him much more justice than the show ever did), I channeled my memories of great moments in PR 'acting' in reading out Thrax's personal conflict, made it all the more fun.
Old August 11th, 2019, 01:13 PM #937
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

Another monumental chapter, I loved Trini's speech, and how Thrax is dealt with (does him much more justice than the show ever did), I channeled my memories of great moments in PR 'acting' in reading out Thrax's personal conflict, made it all the more fun.
Thank you!

I'm looking to tie up any loose ends I can think up of so I brought back Thrax. And I was hoping Trini's speech would land, hoping she wouldn't just come across as a whiny girlfriend trying to control her man lol. I'm glad you liked it!