Home Menu

Menu

Old July 21st, 2018, 06:38 PM #2521
> Lalo95
Power Ranger

Lalo95
Power Ranger

GreenNinja wrote: View Post

Now we're getting somewhere. That was a good Tsukasa/Keiichiro episode, and we got to see Zamigo again! Things are starting to move once more. And while I don't think both teams will start working together full time, next week marks a major turning point with the debut of Good Cool Kaiser VSX, which... does not look any better in show. It's not aesthetically pleasing.

Also, this week's Lupin Collection is clearly the Breaker from Toqger. Recent series are much easier to identify,
You mean Tsukasa/Kairi, right? Unless you ere trying to make a joke and it just flew over me.

I gotta ask: Am I the only one that likes how VSX looks? I mean, the toy version is definitely unwieldy and breaks apart(sort of invalidating the whole "toy" aspect) but I think it looks kinda cool
Lalo95 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2018, 07:00 PM #2522
> monkeyjb1988
Power Ranger

monkeyjb1988
Power Ranger

I just watched the last three episodes before 7/22's episode (had TV trouble). i wasn't sure about Noel after the 1st episode but he's grown on me. He's still slightly annoying, but most of my worries were alleviated

tavionjackson wrote: View Post

Every character in the show I think is fairly decent. I donít think any of them are utterly awful. I acknowledge Umikas development but everyone has development and compared to everyone one else, itís the weakest for me. The other characters have fun or interesting aspects about them while Umika is just there. Thatís my opinion though.
I think they've all had some good development. At the very least, Red and the sixth ranger haven't hogged it all. That's one of the many things I like about LvsP so far, two reds and they haven't taken over. I liked Kyuranger, but 12 mostly regular rangers is too much for one show. It should only be for the team-up films, where each 6-8 have their own 48-50 episode series and not all 12 in one.
monkeyjb1988 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2018, 08:31 PM #2523
> MASTERMIKE2010
TaToBa! TaToBa TaToBa!

MASTERMIKE2010
TaToBa! TaToBa TaToBa!

Am I the only one who wants both the Lupinrangers and the Patrangers to work together with Lupat X as one with everyone knowing their identities and getting all the Lupin Cooking or is it my imagination?
MASTERMIKE2010 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:34 PM #2524
> EndouKouichirou
Power Ranger

EndouKouichirou
Power Ranger

Last week was actually was such a good episode for me in terms of how it was a full-on Lupinranger episode with no Patranger at all and finally working with their "sixth" and all that . It really felt like watching an old-school sentai. I miss that. So I was hoping that in this week episode, it's Patranger's turn to get that kinda treatment, without the thieves hogging their time. I figure now that Noel is in the picture, the task of retrieving the Lupin Collection doesn't have to fall solely on the indie team anymore, hence they won't have to show up every time. Oh well, it is still an okay episode.

takatomon wrote: View Post

I think my least favourite character out of the bunch is probably Kairi. I don't really know what...he is. Slightly impulsive, slightly arrogant and slightly emotional, but overall I can't really identify him. Touma is cool, reserved and conservative and Umika has more of a peppy, strong personality type, but Kairi just comes off as....all over the place.

Am I the only one who feels this way?
No. It's strange, isn't it? I don't know whether it's the writing or the actor is just still green or if it is entirely something else. Whoever came up with Kairi's character probably thought they'd have this amazing, charming, Captain Marvelous 2.0 type-character but ended up with a weird, knock-off version of him.

Yeah Kairi is rude, impulsive, pompous and arrogant, but so was Marvelous back then and I honestly wouldn't have him any other way. Something I can't put my finger on makes me very difficult to relate to Kairi. Not that I dislike him or anything, but considering that he IS a red, I am surprised on how little I pay attention to him. I pay more attention to Touma than the guy and Touma is a dud.
EndouKouichirou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 12:23 AM #2525
> AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

That was a great episode for Tsukasa. I'm glad both girls got at least one solid episode, even if the others are not especially amazing. I think it's one of the few times where i feel like the Lupin really stole the show at the end. I get why they did this. That way, Tsukasa understand Lupin Red a bit more (I hope it will be mentionned again), but i wish she did more in the fight against Giwi, like using Biker to defeat him.

Not super excited to see Not Good Not Cool Kaiser in action, and i'm a bit dissapointed there's only 3 Rangers in the cockpit, but hopefully it's not always Noel and the 2 Red.
AdamPark62 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 01:23 AM #2526
> tavionjackson
Power Ranger

tavionjackson
Power Ranger

Iím curious is VSX is all CGI or if thereís an actual suit. Wasnít seen in the trailer. Thatís a first.
tavionjackson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 02:47 AM #2527
> Fyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

Fyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

So, was Tsukasa saying that Kairi was compulsively stealing and can't stop himself?

Or was she realizing that the Lupinrangers have a personal reason they have to steal the collection, and that they CAN'T stop stealing it or the reason is moot?

The subs seemed kinda ambiguous. Or was the statement in general ambiguous? The fact she lowered her gun makes me think the latter.

Am I supposed to keep forgetting Zamigo exists? Is this gonna be a Basco situation where he barely appears, then becomes the "main" villain, only to have a very anticlimatic end?

Either way, it feels as though Lupin and Pato being enemies is about to end. Not because of the mecha combining next week, but because they've consistently connected Kairi to Tsukasa and Keiichiro and Sakuya to Umika, and on top of K suspecting they're the Lupinrangers, to Tsukasa realizing they have an actual motivation to steal the collection, I imagine we're getting our big reveal soon.

I know people who pay attention to toys knew, but as someone who doesn't, I'm not surprised the Patoranger and Lupinranger mechs can combine together, that's what I thought from day 1. Kinda interested to see the story next week to be honest.
Fyntabulous is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 03:20 AM #2528
> moonknight2099
Power Ranger

moonknight2099
Power Ranger

im abit bummed lupin Rex is just a movie mecha it would of been cool if the pat rangers have good striker and the lupinrangers have lupin Rex, i love the wings on lupin rex

Last edited by moonknight2099; Today at 03:29 AM.
moonknight2099 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 03:58 AM #2529
> screamqueen
Power Ranger

screamqueen
Power Ranger

Fyntabulous wrote: View Post

Either way, it feels as though Lupin and Pato being enemies is about to end. Not because of the mecha combining next week, but because they've consistently connected Kairi to Tsukasa and Keiichiro and Sakuya to Umika,
Consistently? Kairi & Tsukasa / Keiichirou & Umika have each had only one shared focus episode. I would say Kairi has a stronger connection to Keiichirou
screamqueen is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 06:50 AM #2530
> deathranger
Power Ranger

deathranger
Power Ranger

Regarding Kairi in this episode

I think that a lot of his past focus episode shows that he's the one Lupinranger who harbors the most guiltout of the trio for what happened. Afterall, it was no direct fault of Umika and Touma that their loved one were killed but Kairi puts his brother in the location.

This guilt is the thing that influences him the most in various episodes...

He tries to deny it but he will do all he can to save & help the ones that are becoming important to him like when he stops Touma in Ep 3 from
a reckless assault and did his best to switch Touma's body back in Ep 16 alongside taking the hit for Umika in Episode 7. The same also goes for his interactionwith the Pato where he tries to finish the battle in ep 15 before the injured Pato can get there and try his best to understand Goodie as a person in Ep 18.

We got a little more details about Tsukasa that isn't about her plushie's admiration which informs us of the type of character she is and we get to see her judgment regarding LupinRed. Another thing is that they seem to have Noel pull Goodie out in the past couple of episode without him flying in, I'm not sure if it's story related that he trusted being with Noel or if they're trying to save money from having to animate Goodie through CGI.

Also the ending was...unexpected... usually we know when there's a 2 parter coming up and I sort of expected this to be just a normal done in one episode so it was quite a surprise and I'm excited for next episode...though they seem to have come up with a solution against "Raimon" real quick based on the preview.
deathranger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote