Power Ranger

That could explain why season 4 will be getting 20 episodes from what I heard
Allio is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2015, 12:19 PM #22
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

isn't it argued, debated, or just strongly considered, that the original MMPR is what took away the popularity of the original TMNT, when TMNT was very popular back in the late 80's and very early 90's, like 1990-1992, also that it took TMNT 3 years to reach their peak level of popularity, meanwhile it took MMPR 1 year?
PopCultureLover06 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2015, 01:16 PM #23
> redanger05
Power Ranger

redanger05
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06 wrote: View Post

isn't it argued, debated, or just strongly considered, that the original MMPR is what took away the popularity of the original TMNT, when TMNT was very popular back in the late 80's and very early 90's, like 1990-1992, also that it took TMNT 3 years to reach their peak level of popularity, meanwhile it took MMPR 1 year?
I strongly feel that when MMPR first started, it was very unique and different. By that time, TMNT already had two movies and the cartoon was "somewhat" slowing down.

But a Live-Action series about Teenagers turn into colorful superheroes with awesome helmets and giant robot dinosaurs (Which I think Jurassic Park also helped MMPR fame because of the kids love for Dinosaurs). 1993 was a game changer for Fox kids and children's television programing.

I still remember the first commercial I ever saw when MMPR was coming out... I was like "What sorcery is this??" LOL
redanger05 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2015, 02:05 PM #24
> chaotix12345
Darkly Dawning

chaotix12345
Darkly Dawning

Mr Tuesday II wrote: View Post

Please be "Mighty Mutanimals".
Judging by THIS episode description for the next two-part special that's going to hit Nick.com tomorrow:

Leo is suspicious when Slash emerges leading a team called the Mighty Mutanimals; the Turtles must brave the bizarre world of Dimension X to save the enslaved people of New York.

Miiiiiiiiiiiight be a possibility.
chaotix12345 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2015, 07:48 PM #25
> ZEO16
Powered up for more!

ZEO16
Powered up for more!

McAster wrote: View Post

This is a thread for all aspects of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and snip

Feel free to also re-visit the old thread. Which was nice, but parts of it were full of electric seaweed.
^ This Thank you.

The 2nd Evil wrote: View Post

There is not a single thing about the opening post that I don't love and appreciate.
It is awesome!

So many things I want to post about soon.

But for now I just want to say I'm in a room that has no less than 5 different Leonardo figures. So you could say I'm a fan.
ZEO16 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2015, 11:17 PM #26
> Funkatron
Just some dude

Funkatron
Just some dude

Battle for New York episode of up on nick.com: http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/teen...l-episode.html
Funkatron is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2015, 09:37 AM #27
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

Really entertaining episode today. Having the two most iconic henchmen of the franchise, Bebop and Rocksteady, in this series brought back great memories. I really enjoyed seeing Leo and Mikey working together and coming to the rescue as well. I'll probably see the next episode online if I have time this week. If not I'll wait till next Sunday.
ranger_scout is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2015, 10:40 AM #28
> ⚡TuxedoK
Old School Mod Justice.

1 eBay
TuxedoK
Old School Mod Justice.

1 eBay

Just got done watching the "Battle for New York."
That was a great ride. Was surprised to see a certain Krang show back up, but he stole the show with some of his lines.
TuxedoK is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2015, 01:44 PM #29
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

Saw the first of 3 new episodes today (episode 12-13 are on Nick.com) not bad, but it won't be long before Bebop and Rocksteady become fodder. the one of the few problems that the show has.

episode 12-13 was nice, though I prefer IDW's mutanimals the best so far.
Old March 8th, 2015, 07:21 PM #30
> SuperMystechRanger
Power Ranger

SuperMystechRanger
Power Ranger

I thought the Bebop and Rocksteady episode was decent. It was kind of fun, I was hoping that they would cure Karai, but that probably won't happen for a while. Why was there a movie playing? Isn't there like no one left in the city? I did like how Mikey and Leo teamed up because it seems we don't really see them team up all that much, I think.
SuperMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 06:12 AM #31
> Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

TuxedoK wrote: View Post

Just got done watching the "Battle for New York."
That was a great ride. Was surprised to see a certain Krang show back up, but he stole the show with some of his lines.
How about some spoilers for those of us who don't live in America (and are therefore unable to check that out)?
Bluecatcinema is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 10:08 AM #32
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

Bluecatcinema wrote: View Post

How about some spoilers for those of us who don't live in America (and are therefore unable to check that out)?
But krang background character #32 from episode 12 is the best
Old March 9th, 2015, 10:57 AM #33
> Tekara
Team Rocket's Wobbuffet

Tekara
Team Rocket's Wobbuffet

Found something very interesting from a old Nintendo Power magazine concerning the TMNT 2 nes game. It's from the July/August 1990 Nintendo Power with Chip & Dales Rescue Rangers on the cover too. I might have found some beta pics of the game.

This link is a scan of the page with three pictures of the game in Nintendo Power. And full view the image to see the details better. You may have to right click and view image + zoom to really see it decent enough:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...pslpr1thah.jpg

Is that TWO Dons fighting Rocksteady? And is that debug mode on judging by the stats for the turtles there? Note that looks like assembly hex showing or something. And all the scores say "00000" when in the final it was just "0" and you only got one point for beating a enemy. I know the japan version they added zero's to make the scores look greater too though. Is that Leonardo using some kinda different kick attack on a foot soldier? I never ever remember seeing that kick attack in the game. Just honestly curious if I'm onto something hear. Being a nerd yeah. Just stuff like this always interested me in video games. Also if you check the original TMNT nes game on the instruction book there's a drawn game scene in one of the pictures that shows 3 life bars for some reason instead of the game's two. Just wanted to see what people though of this.

If the link needs to be removed for whatever reason I'll do that as well too. Just saying that to make sure.
Tekara is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 11:20 AM #34
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Tekara wrote: View Post

Found something very interesting from a old Nintendo Power magazine concerning the TMNT 2 nes game. It's from the July/August 1990 Nintendo Power with Chip & Dales Rescue Rangers on the cover too. I might have found some beta pics of the game.

This link is a scan of the page with three pictures of the game in Nintendo Power. And full view the image to see the details better. You may have to right click and view image + zoom to really see it decent enough:

Is that TWO Dons fighting Rocksteady?
The one just standing there seems to be Raphael. I can make out the sai he's holding.

I've got some great memories of that game. I remember the time Nintendo Power printed out a code in the February 1991 issue that enables you to start off with ten lives, but it turned out to be printed incorrectly. The following issue corrected it. Then they gave us a stage select code, and then a code that offers ten lives AND a stage select.

I still have my copy of the game and I think I might play it later.
Storm Eagle is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 11:28 AM #35
> Agent Z
Power Ranger

Agent Z
Power Ranger

Bepop: Time for the Next Mutation, turtle.
I don't know if I should laugh or cry that they actually went there.
Oh what the hell, I'll laugh.
AHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHAAAAAA-
Agent Z is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 11:33 AM #36
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

Agent Z wrote: View Post

Bepop: Time for the Next Mutation, turtle.
I don't know if I should laugh or cry that they actually went there.
Oh what the hell, I'll laugh.
AHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHAAAAAA-
Black Nerd made a joke about that.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xJwXZx-ZjLM
Old March 9th, 2015, 01:08 PM #37
> Red Dino Ranger
Defender of Earth

eBay
Red Dino Ranger
Defender of Earth

eBay

Tekara wrote: View Post

Is that TWO Dons fighting Rocksteady? And is that debug mode on judging by the stats for the turtles there? Note that looks like assembly hex showing or something. And all the scores say "00000" when in the final it was just "0" and you only got one point for beating a enemy. I know the japan version they added zero's to make the scores look greater too though. Is that Leonardo using some kinda different kick attack on a foot soldier? I never ever remember seeing that kick attack in the game. Just honestly curious if I'm onto something hear. Being a nerd yeah. Just stuff like this always interested me in video games. Also if you check the original TMNT nes game on the instruction book there's a drawn game scene in one of the pictures that shows 3 life bars for some reason instead of the game's two. Just wanted to see what people though of this.

If the link needs to be removed for whatever reason I'll do that as well too. Just saying that to make sure.
Not sure about the two Dons, but I too don't think I've seen that jumping sprite either.
Red Dino Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 01:44 PM #38
> ⚡TuxedoK
Old School Mod Justice.

1 eBay
TuxedoK
Old School Mod Justice.

1 eBay

Bluecatcinema wrote: View Post

IRMA GODFREY aka Krang Subprime showed back up. Called out all the krang for not being able to speak proper english and how dumb they act.
TuxedoK is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2015, 05:28 PM #39
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

The turtles will be returning to Dimension X in season 4.

http://nickalive.blogspot.co.uk/2015...urtles-to.html

The sequel to last year's film begins filming in Albany next month.

http://lights-camera-jackson.com/exc...in-albany1.php

Last year's film was also the 15th most profitable film of 2014 with a net haul of $81.3 million.

http://deadline.com/2015/03/teenage-...14-1201390448/
Old March 15th, 2015, 09:57 AM #40
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

The Battle of New York was entertaining and action-packed. I enjoyed the Mighty Mutanimals. They were a distinct and fun group of mutants. I'm not surprised at all that they might be getting their own spin-off TV series in the future. Mikey totally ruled again while in Dimension X.

Here is an article from Yahoo TV about why the new Bebop and Rocksteady are awesome.

https://games.yahoo.com/news/tmnt-wh...215700619.html