Home Menu

Menu

Old May 12th, 2019, 09:41 AM #1001
> CaptainOtter407
Power Ranger

CaptainOtter407
Power Ranger

thunderzordpower wrote: View Post

I think everyone felt it was a bit lame that they just used the Legacy version and perhaps that was a bit lazy but then, I once described Legacy Titanus as the only perfect Legacy Zord so I suppose, why change perfection?

I have similar feelings. I think I also felt that the Legacy Titanus was perfect at the time. I would say even more than their fantastic Dragonzord, it really felt like it was entering true collector territory.

I really do understand bandai's decision to really just update it. Probably saved a huge expense, the original kit was "good". You really are marketing to JUST people who have the first two sets, and if we want Titanus we were going to get this almost no matter what unless the price was restrictive. I don't look at this and think it's bad, I look at it and just think it is a step down from how sublime their first two releases are.
CaptainOtter407 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2019, 10:13 AM #1002
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

What did people want out of soc titanus? It wasnt really much to improve on from legacy...
mmprfan09 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2019, 02:37 PM #1003
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

i just wanted the claws to have a better connection in ultra zord mode.
TheDub is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old May 12th, 2019, 05:24 PM #1004
> AnAlpha
Power Ranger

32 eBay
AnAlpha
Power Ranger

32 eBay

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

What did people want out of soc titanus? It wasnt really much to improve on from legacy...
MOTOARSSS!
AnAlpha is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old May 13th, 2019, 03:30 PM #1005
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

If anything Soc dragonzord was a bigger disappointment. Maybe its because of itís design, but the articulation hasnt improved much from legacy besides the tail...
mmprfan09 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2019, 08:25 PM #1006
> Activator
Power Ranger

Activator
Power Ranger

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

If anything Soc dragonzord was a bigger disappointment. Maybe its because of itís design, but the articulation hasnt improved much from legacy besides the tail...
The low red in the eyes is the biggest disappointment for me. You can hardly tell he has red eyes. And I'm pretty sure there is black missing from his shins...I have to do a comparison again. The chrome toenails also bother me.

It would have been cool if they found a way to give the design some waist articulation though. I owned the Legacy version for a while but can't remember--does it have as much outward thigh movement as the SOC? The SOC did improve in that field if I'm not mistaken.
Activator is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2019, 09:54 AM #1007
> TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

In terms of making actual articulation and stability, zyuranger chogokins are Godís mistake. Makes me wonder if theyíll make anymore Sentai mechs....
TheLastBlade is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2019, 04:20 AM #1008
> Professor Smooth
Hobby Drifter

Professor Smooth
Hobby Drifter

TheLastBlade wrote: View Post

In terms of making actual articulation and stability, zyuranger chogokins are Godís mistake. Makes me wonder if theyíll make anymore Sentai mechs....
I suspect more are in the pipeline.

As far as articulation, are they that much less articulated than the on-screen versions?
Professor Smooth is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2019, 09:45 AM #1009
> TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

While the articulation can be somewhat excused, the stability issues canít. And thatís mostly daizyujinís fault.

edit: I just re-read the question, lol. Daizyujin is serviceable. Soul of Chogokin fans would probably be disappointed at some aspects, but for others they probably won't view it as to big of a problem. It's the stability issues that makes the articulation not matter and that is a problem everyone will have. Dragon Caesar can get away with most things in some people's eyes... That is is until the combined modes.

Last edited by TheLastBlade; May 18th, 2019 at 01:49 PM.
TheLastBlade is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2019, 05:55 PM #1010
> mrdarktm
Power Ranger

mrdarktm
Power Ranger

May I know how wide the SOC Titanus is from left to right? I'm planning to get one and but on my "bookshelf" display but all I have is around 10.5", will it fit? Also the length & height will help. Thank you guys.
mrdarktm is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2019, 12:29 AM #1011
> TyrannicalFascist
Power Ranger

TyrannicalFascist
Power Ranger

So having picked up all 3 Legacy MMPR S1 Zords back when they were released, I was uncertain about forking over even more money for SOC. It looked amazing, but was almost $300 worth it? Would they continue the line? Would it be better enough than Legacy to justify the expense? I kind of just forgot about it and moved on.

Yesterday however, I saw SOC Megazord at a local collectibles shop at a slightly reduced price compared to Amazon and decided to get it. I think it is fantastic! An improvement on the Legacy/2010 in every way, surprisingly poseable, show accurate and it makes a great display piece next to my Legacy Dragonzord, Legacy Titanus, and the other Legacy MMPR zords.

Since then Iíve been doing a lot of research watching video reviews and reading this thread...and I have to admit Iím torn on the other 2 SOC. Dragonzord seems cool, but not really an upgrade to my Legacy one. I do like the idea of being able to combine with SOC Megazord, but I also question how often Iíd even do that considering how nice the piece is. Even then, I donít think I can bring myself to put down an additional almost $300 for a Titanus that is nearly identical to the one I have, and seems in some ways inferior. Even if I did get SOC Dragonzord and not SOC Titanus, I couldnít form the Ultrazord properly as itís not compatible with Legacy Titanus.

I suppose I could just keep SOC Megazord as a stand-alone display piece and if I ever want to display combinations, just dust off the Legacy Megazord. Ugh I donít know... itís really a shame that SOC Titanus is so hard to justify. Anyone else in a similar boat as me?
TyrannicalFascist is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2019, 02:42 AM #1012
> thunderzordpower
Power Ranger

thunderzordpower
Power Ranger

SOC Dragonzord really does look so much better in hand than the Legacy. It retains a similar face to the original toy and when put to comparison, makes the Legacy version look a bit "toony".
Functionality is the same of course. But he's a getter, 100%.

As for titanus, its just whether you prefer perfect whites and golds over the legacy's duller colors.

You also have to think, yes, they do cost a lot, but they also retain value so if you want to sell in future you may gain a bit or just loose a slight amount.
thunderzordpower is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2019, 02:38 PM #1013
> ⚡Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Surprise! I bet you didn't see this one coming.

Hasbro, in conjunction with Razor, has announced that they will be releasing the Power Rangers Razor Scooter - Mighty Morphin Green Ranger edition.
This Limited Edition scooter, inspired by the legendary Mighty Morphin Green Ranger, is a Razor original classic style A-Kick Scooter (Est. 2000) made from aircraft grade aluminum in a limited edition green colorway with gold anodized telescoping T-bar, gold power coin foil badge, and grip tape that mimics Tommy Oliverís boot design.
The scooter will be for sale during San Diego Comic-Con 2019 at Booth #3329 for $79.99. Following the convention, if available, limited quantities will be available at Razor.com.

Morgan Lamia is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2019, 01:26 AM #1014
> ViRGE
Christmas Cartel Enforcer

ViRGE
Christmas Cartel Enforcer

Morgan Lamia wrote: View Post

You're right: I didn't see that coming. WTH, Hasbro?
ViRGE is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 10:36 AM #1015
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

ViRGE wrote: View Post

You're right: I didn't see that coming. WTH, Hasbro?
It is Razor and Hasbro probably has a deal with them already in place for stuff like this. So they took advantage of that relationship to promote Power Rangers and make a Razor product.
christopherjohn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 03:28 PM #1016
> Xephon0930
Power Ranger

eBay
Xephon0930
Power Ranger

eBay

Hasbro, in conjunction with Razor, has announced that they will be releasing the Power Rangers Razor Scooter - Mighty Morphin Green Ranger edition.
This Limited Edition scooter, inspired by the legendary Mighty Morphin Green Ranger, is a Razor original classic style A-Kick Scooter (Est. 2000) made from aircraft grade aluminum in a limited edition green colorway with gold anodized telescoping T-bar, gold power coin foil badge, and grip tape that mimics Tommy Oliverís boot design.
The scooter will be for sale during San Diego Comic-Con 2019 at Booth #3329 for $79.99. Following the convention, if available, limited quantities will be available at Razor.com.

https://i.imgur.com/D7QQuY7.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/KqlFzFy.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/sBHRzIN.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/D5juRw2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ocUhRfM.jpg
Is this some sorta practical joke? Especially in the Soul of Chogokin thread.
Xephon0930 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 04:50 PM #1017
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

Its a legitimate thing.
TheDub is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 06:16 PM #1018
> ⚡Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Xephon0930 wrote: View Post

Is this some sorta practical joke? Especially in the Soul of Chogokin thread.
"The All Encompassing Soul of Chogokin & Selective Merchandise Thread"

It's almost like this is a thread for random other merch that doesn't fit into the main threads, like the other things listed in the first post, isn't it?
Morgan Lamia is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2019, 07:21 PM #1019
> Xephon0930
Power Ranger

eBay
Xephon0930
Power Ranger

eBay

"The All Encompassing Soul of Chogokin & Selective Merchandise Thread"

It's almost like this is a thread for random other merch that doesn't fit into the main threads, like the other things listed in the first post, isn't it?

Yeah. I know it may be a while before we get another Sentai SoC but even when I saw this on Twitter I could not believe this.
Xephon0930 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote