Home Menu

Menu

Old September 14th, 2018, 11:32 AM #1521
> hasbro_primo
Primo of Power

hasbro_primo
Primo of Power

MarzGurl wrote: View Post

We got a news article up. It's pretty cut and dry, but given we're a news outlet, we can't exactly interject opinion and can only state facts. But now it's out there.

http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2018/09/...gure-shortage/
That's all the world asks for.

Excellent job.
hasbro_primo is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2018, 02:14 PM #1522
> erstone1112
Power Ranger

erstone1112
Power Ranger

Any news on which rangers are returning to PMC next year?
erstone1112 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2018, 07:24 PM #1523
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

Im glad i got most of the signatures I need. Amy Jo, where ya at girl?

So next Pmc i can actually enjoy the panels and stuff.
this is what Scott Zillner said in regards to why Amy won't attend PMC, won't say who asked him because I respect privacy:

https://imgur.com/Y2ezcZy
https://imgur.com/85W2Lpl
PopCultureLover06 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2018, 10:26 AM #1524
> Larry Koopa
Olive Ranger

Larry Koopa
Olive Ranger

But she just did an event with JDF like last weekend?
Larry Koopa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2018, 09:02 PM #1525
> Zeltrax541
Power Ranger

Zeltrax541
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06 wrote: View Post

this is what Scott Zillner said in regards to why Amy won't attend PMC, won't say who asked him because I respect privacy:

Wow. I kinda figured AJJ charged an arm & a leg but YIKES. We got a better shot of getting Naomi Scott at a PMC than we do AJJ at this point.
Zeltrax541 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2018, 10:09 PM #1526
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

Zeltrax541 wrote: View Post

Wow. I kinda figured AJJ charged an arm & a leg but YIKES. We got a better shot of getting Naomi Scott at a PMC than we do AJJ at this point.
Wouldn't surprise me if that turns out to be the case, being a writer and director now, I assume is a factor as to why Amy's appearance fees are very high.
Old September 16th, 2018, 04:13 AM #1527
> Zeltrax541
Power Ranger

Zeltrax541
Power Ranger

Wouldn't surprise me if that turns out to be the case, being a writer and director now, I assume is a factor as to why Amy's appearance fees are very high.
Amen to that. I gotta wonder what first-timers will be added to the PMC roster next time in 2020. Though from what Realm said recently, we COULD be on the track to a full Psycho Rangers reunion in the future, given this here: https://twitter.com/bboyrealm/status...17537106292736

Given that Michael Maize/Psycho Black was at PMC 2012 or 2014, Patrick David/Psycho Red returned for this year, and I don't think Wally Wingert/Psycho Blue is in any anime projects right now, we could see them all come back somehow.
Zeltrax541 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2018, 06:36 AM #1528
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

She doesnt like doing cons with other pr actors besides jdf and david yost, but just did a whole felicity reunion recently. And skipped out on the pr anniversary. Wow.

Too bad felicity fans dont fund her projects and promote them like pr fans do. And she knows it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bfwv0tzB...d=kumur5oxkyen

Last edited by mmprfan09; September 16th, 2018 at 06:55 AM.
mmprfan09 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2018, 12:34 PM #1529
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

She doesnt like doing cons with other pr actors besides jdf and david yost, but just did a whole felicity reunion recently. And skipped out on the pr anniversary. Wow.

Too bad felicity fans dont fund her projects and promote them like pr fans do. And she knows it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bfwv0tzB...d=kumur5oxkyen
or certain ones, but at Lexington Con earlier this year, she was there, so was Catherine Sutherland, Karan Ashley, and Walter Jones, but I heard they didn't interact at all there, she was far away from them I think.
Old September 17th, 2018, 08:41 AM #1530
> RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

So he's OK with paying JDF's appearance fee but not hers?
RitoRevolto is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2018, 08:50 AM #1531
> Andros
Burajira

Andros
Burajira

The impression I get is that AJJ is dramatically more than even JDF is. I could be wrong, that is just assumption. That that was the vibe I got from reading those conversation images.
Andros is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2018, 09:36 AM #1532
> trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.

32 eBay
trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.

32 eBay

RitoRevolto wrote: View Post

Eric from RCPH has been banging a drum about what a shitshow the con was for a while now, but he didn't have a panel.
I never called it a "shitshow". Our PMC Episode for Ranger Command focused on both the positive aspects of the show and those that needed DEFINITE improvements.

The content of the show itself is great, but the organization and communication on all sides really needs to be addressed for the next show. PMC is growing at a rate that the current level of staff just cannot handle.

I had a press pass and Gold Ranger pass this year. I paid for my Gold Ranger pass in August of 2017, my wife had a Red ranger pass. So I was standing in lines for badges and merch just like everyone else. There was no preferential treatment on my side and the press pass I received just allowed me early access for the show, which I only took advantage of on Sunday to get in line early for RJ Cyler.
trekkieb47 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2018, 12:52 PM #1533
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

RitoRevolto wrote: View Post

So he's OK with paying JDF's appearance fee but not hers?
I guess you missed the “amy doesnt like doing cons with other pr actors”. Meaning that whether scott pays or not, amy is not doing PMC.

Amy Jo’s fees are way higher than JDF’s. Thats why Amy mostly does cons in canada and only some parts of the USA.

Oh and she avoids cons with other pr actors not jdf or david. So not only does she charge high fees, she’s also picky on which cons to attend.
Old September 17th, 2018, 01:38 PM #1534
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

I guess you missed the “amy doesnt like doing cons with other pr actors”. Meaning that whether scott pays or not, amy is not doing PMC.

Amy Jo’s fees are way higher than JDF’s. Thats why Amy mostly does cons in canada and only some parts of the USA.

Oh and she avoids cons with other pr actors not jdf or david. So not only does she charge high fees, she’s also picky on which cons to attend.
Plus, JDF has admitted that if he had the choice to attend conventions without appearance fees or not charging, he would do it, I know he said that in an interview. But ya, it sounds like Amy didn't interact or was far away from Catherine Sutherland and Karan Ashley, Walter Jones, when they were at Lexington Con earlier this year.

Oh well, at least she is doing some conventions, unlike other rangers who don't do any at all, it's better than not doing any conventions at all, I wonder if she doesn't get along with other rangers, it's just a guess as to why maybe she avoids conventions with other rangers unless it's JDF and David Yost.
Old September 17th, 2018, 01:54 PM #1535
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

Plus, JDF has admitted that if he had the choice to attend conventions without appearance fees or not charging, he would do it, I know he said that in an interview. But ya, it sounds like Amy didn't interact or was far away from Catherine Sutherland and Karan Ashley, Walter Jones, when they were at Lexington Con earlier this year.

Oh well, at least she is doing some conventions, unlike other rangers who don't do any at all, it's better than not doing any conventions at all, I wonder if she doesn't get along with other rangers, it's just a guess as to why maybe she avoids conventions with other rangers unless it's JDF and David Yost.
I wonder if its some beef between amy jo and the other actors as well. Whatever it is, at least its behind the scenes and not messy like jdf/asj.
Old September 18th, 2018, 04:51 AM #1536
> Mr Tuesday II
I Lie, I Cheat, I Steal!

Mr Tuesday II
I Lie, I Cheat, I Steal!

I wonder if its some beef between amy jo and the other actors as well. Whatever it is, at least its behind the scenes and not messy like jdf/asj.
It seems like AJJ doesn't want to be seen as just "The Pink Ranger". She's done various films and TV shows. Maybe she feels like being at a Power Rangers convention means that everything she did after that didn't matter.

Compare that to people like Eka Darville, Anna Hutchison, or Adelaide Kane. They're doing fine with TV and film careers, but still show up to PMC when their schedule allows it. Hell, I wouldn't doubt Rose McIver would be at PMC if she was available.

I don't blame AJJ for not coming to PMC. She's more than just Kimberly. She should go to court conventions that reflect that.
Mr Tuesday II is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2018, 03:55 PM #1537
> RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

trekkieb47 wrote: View Post

I never called it a "shitshow". Our PMC Episode for Ranger Command focused on both the positive aspects of the show and those that needed DEFINITE improvements.

The content of the show itself is great, but the organization and communication on all sides really needs to be addressed for the next show. PMC is growing at a rate that the current level of staff just cannot handle.

I had a press pass and Gold Ranger pass this year. I paid for my Gold Ranger pass in August of 2017, my wife had a Red ranger pass. So I was standing in lines for badges and merch just like everyone else. There was no preferential treatment on my side and the press pass I received just allowed me early access for the show, which I only took advantage of on Sunday to get in line early for RJ Cyler.
I didn't mean to imply you got any kind of special treatment. What I said, I meant as shorthand to say that you had nothing you could be seen as owing Scott for, and no reason to give him a break. I'm sorry I didn't express the full context of your criticism, perhaps owing to my own reaction to how all this is being handled.
RitoRevolto is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2018, 04:53 PM #1538
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

Mr Tuesday II wrote: View Post

It seems like AJJ doesn't want to be seen as just "The Pink Ranger". She's done various films and TV shows. Maybe she feels like being at a Power Rangers convention means that everything she did after that didn't matter.

Compare that to people like Eka Darville, Anna Hutchison, or Adelaide Kane. They're doing fine with TV and film careers, but still show up to PMC when their schedule allows it. Hell, I wouldn't doubt Rose McIver would be at PMC if she was available.

I don't blame AJJ for not coming to PMC. She's more than just Kimberly. She should go to court conventions that reflect that.
Could be beef with other rangers possibly, and it's very possible that she doesn't want her career to be defined by Power Rangers, I guess if she was to attend PMC or Rangerstop, she feels it would affect her career image because she would only be promoted as the Pink Ranger while being there.

Of course the focus is split at Comic conventions, while PMC is Power Rangers only, but at any convention Amy Jo attends, 99% are fans that meet her there, their motive is MMPR only, I doubt Felicity and flash point fans make up a large number of fans that meet Amy Jo at conventions.

But oh well, the most important thing is, at least she does some conventions, it's better than her not doing any conventions at all. But ya, JDF and David Yost are the MMPR era Rangers she is the closest with.

but what's also a disappointment for many fans is that she still has yet to make any convention appearance in California or the West Coast, not just PMC but any convention in California, such as SDCC, or Conventions in the Bay Area, the extreme Western region, that besides California, include Seattle Washington, Oregon. Arizona, Vegas Nevada. Texas is the state in the western region she makes most of her appearances, and somewhat Colorado and Utah.

My guess is the West coast is not willing to spend high on her appearance fees or just doesn't want to pay her what she wants.
Old September 19th, 2018, 06:52 AM #1539
> saddleguru
Power Ranger

saddleguru
Power Ranger

I know everyone is currently talking about wishing Amy Jo was at more conventions but I honestly wish more Disney era actors could appear. I wish there could be more full panels of the different Disney seasons, as opposed to just one or two from each season. SPD is the exception, as they’ve been pretty faithful convention participants.
saddleguru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2018, 06:56 AM #1540
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

saddleguru wrote: View Post

I know everyone is currently talking about wishing Amy Jo was at more conventions but I honestly wish more Disney era actors could appear. I wish there could be more full panels of the different Disney seasons, as opposed to just one or two from each season. SPD is the exception, as they’ve been pretty faithful convention participants.
The biggest problem with that is that most of them are still in New Zealand, so there would be the cost of flying them in, on top of hotel rooms and meals for them. That could start to add up. I'm fairly certain trans-Pacific airfare isn't cheap.
GoldAnyRanger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
bring deodorant, morphicon 6, wear deodorant