Menu

Old Yesterday, 03:35 PM #2261
> TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay

Who knows anymore? Both Bandai and Saban are leaving so stores are probably pretty much just going with whatever until Hasbro takes over.
TheTerrorToad87 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:46 PM #2262
> Jominicano
MMPR-BEST,IN SPACE-MY FAV

eBay
Jominicano
MMPR-BEST,IN SPACE-MY FAV

eBay

TheDub wrote: View Post

What i want to know is if the retailers are aware of no alpha. It seems pretty obvious the needing to include alpha as incentive for retailers to buy more figures was bs. Otherwise they would be very upset at bandai for not including them.
it was bs cause they would've also been mad at the paint jobs of the figures like the gold zeo ranger after they had payed for however many figures they ordered
Jominicano is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:11 PM #2263
> Dark_skies1031
May the Power Protect You

eBay
Dark_skies1031
May the Power Protect You

eBay

Awsome, can't wait to get the Zeo females. I am going to be painting the whole team with the correct gold color. I just have to wait for gamestop to get them in thier store because i did not preorder online but at the store. Just waiting for them to call me...

Anyways, I am stoked to see some type of info on the IS Silver Ranger. I can't wait to see what he looks like. Hopefully he is silver and not concrete gray, lol
Dark_skies1031 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:41 PM #2264
> DesignIncase
Power Ranger

DesignIncase
Power Ranger

Should be able to just order them now from Gamestop no preorder. I did on Monday and it's been shipped.

MegaBlue wrote: View Post

Did... Did anyone ACTUALLY expect "every Ranger ever" when this started?

Sure, I didn't expect "Bandai loses the license," but I never expected to see everyone.
I knew it would take a while. I didn't expect them to waste a wave on the metallic rangers. I didn't expect them to not complete Ninjastorm. Characters like Magna Defender I didn't expect to see.

Initially it seemed fine. But the more they release the more it did become clear that Bandai could give two cents. When they kept making intentional mistakes, I knew this would end soon. Yes I say intentional because if a factory screwed up the paint job I would tell them "Hey that's alright now FIX IT if you want payment"

The distribution was terrible though. This should have been an Online focused distribution system with the most desirable figures also in a store..

Last edited by DesignIncase; Yesterday at 04:46 PM.
DesignIncase is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:47 PM #2265
> Stevie H
IIconic Rider

Stevie H
IIconic Rider

Bit disappointing that they can ship to lots of different countries but aren't to the UK. I guess Ebay here I come unfortunately.
Stevie H is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:19 PM #2266
> Xenotome
💎💎Lil 'Roki💎💎

Xenotome
💎💎Lil 'Roki💎💎

Sure, I didn't expect "Bandai loses the license," but I never expected to see everyone.
Did I? Absolutely not. However you probably shouldn't launch the line with literally that statement. It only looks that much worse when not only does that not happen, but your poor performance loses you the license you've held for 25 years hand delivered to you by your parent company BoJ.
Xenotome is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 04:32 AM #2267
> RedSurge
Power Ranger

RedSurge
Power Ranger

I think the odd distribution of figures is the biggest bs which crushed that launch statement. Each member of a team should've been in the same wave. The BAF takes a bit to make without that.
Also, at least Hasbro didn't start Transformers Generations saying "We will release every Transformer ever!"
RedSurge is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 05:42 AM #2268
> cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

Xenotome wrote: View Post

Did I? Absolutely not. However you probably shouldn't launch the line with literally that statement. It only looks that much worse when not only does that not happen, but your poor performance loses you the license you've held for 25 years hand delivered to you by your parent company BoJ.
Are we 100% sure that "Bandai's poor performance lost them the license" is an accurate narrative? Sure, it seemed that way when the news of the move to Hasbro first broke.... but then the entire PR property was sold to Hasbro. There was never going to be a scenario where Hasbro owned the show (etc.) and Bandai kept the toy license. In hindsight the change in master toy license was clearly the first step to selling the entire property so it makes me wonder if the "Bandai failed so they lost the license" thing is anything more than a fan explanation at this point.
cleanuphtr15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 05:57 AM #2269
> HezMania
Power Ranger

HezMania
Power Ranger

Dark_skies1031 wrote: View Post

Awsome, can't wait to get the Zeo females. I am going to be painting the whole team with the correct gold color. I just have to wait for gamestop to get them in thier store because i did not preorder online but at the store. Just waiting for them to call me...

Anyways, I am stoked to see some type of info on the IS Silver Ranger. I can't wait to see what he looks like. Hopefully he is silver and not concrete gray, lol
He'll be the most likely to come. I guarantee they'll just reuse the red ranger in space mold and do a pallet swap.

Hell, that's all they'll do with the psycho's too. So the last line they have to release is a really easy repaint job.
HezMania is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 06:15 AM #2270
> DesignIncase
Power Ranger

DesignIncase
Power Ranger

Hasbro and Bandai is a behind the scenes stuff we don't know. Honestly I felt like Bandai stopped caring a while ago. Maybe it's because they knew of Hasbro or something else. Movie might have burned them as you can't sell more toys if the stores won't buy them. Also important to be distinct between Bandai Japan and Bandai America.

Silver Space? Red/Blue/Black all have the same mold. So I assume it would be metallic silver plastic. One of the upsides to the space design is all the suits are uniform in form. The helmets Bandai made are all exactly the same. It's the paint job that's different. So they just need a new stamp for the visor. Though on my Zeo figures the lines are wonky as they clearly did a stamp for each side. Something I think Hasbro wouldn't have a problem with.

Psychos men are all the same build. Unlike the rangers it's the same black plastic but with the correct color paint.

So this is why I felt they could do most of the rangers. A lot of the teams have the same suit build. It's just swapping out the plastic and making a few new stamps.

What annoys me about the design is they made more work for themselves. The female figures didn't have to have the shape they did. Had the toned down the men they could have used the same build for the female figures with a little scaling to make them shorter(except TimeForce Yellow). Come up with a better skirt and overall they could have saved money on molds.

Bandai has been in the business for so long yet it feels like they ignore new tech at times in contrast to Hasbro.
DesignIncase is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 06:56 AM #2271
> ⚡Dyl
Install Megaranger!

eBay
Dyl
Install Megaranger!

eBay

I don't think I believed the every ranger ever statement, but I thought we'd get MMPR to maybe Wf. However I think the biggest deterrent for bandai was the way they released these figures. Had they released them as teams and not mixed the figures up with other seasons we would've had a chance. Maybe not until wild force maybe LG? Also they wasted time on other projects like the metallic MMPR rangers or the tommy pack, if they didn't get distracted I'd like to think we would have had at least two more teams. However what I wasn't expecting were the many screw ups, like the MMPR Blue/Black and Pink rangers having silver belts, or them posing figure like iS yellow so badly in the packaging that it bent one of her lower legs. Then Zeo with the cheese gold, you'd think for $20 a figure they would get the detailing right, or else why charge that much.

On that note of legacy figures, my original intent was to return zeo pink but i kept her due to only getting a partial refund. That made me want to get the other figures because I can't just have one figure and not the rest of the team. So I ordered yellow from game stop yesterday and got the guys from amazon. Surprisingly yellow is arriving today, I don't intend on getting DT, because I'm not a big enough fan of that season to get all the rangers.

Here is a picture of the yellow ranger, I'll post a picture of all the yellow together after I'm home

just got home and snapped more pictures

Pink and Yellow

Yellow Rangers:

My only critizism with the figures are the packaging, the odd poses they were forced into, has bent their food and hands that it's hard to pose them properly, but hey over all the figure looks amazing

Last edited by Dyl; Today at 10:10 AM.
Dyl is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 10:28 AM #2272
> TyrannicalFascist
Power Ranger

TyrannicalFascist
Power Ranger

Not really. After they released all the Red Rangers and a number of sixth Rangers for the Super Megaforce line and then abandoned that scale shortly after I didn't trust them. Though at least we finally got accurate 1995 MMPR The Movie Rangers during that time.

Their Legacy release schedule made very little sense, and the paint errors and missing weapons and the MMPR metallic figures really killed it for me. It's a shame because I do generally like the Legacy figures and was hoping for a nice poseable Ninjor.

Also wasting their time and resources on "Legacy" Dino Zords that could have been spent making a Legacy Shogun Megazord was such a waste.
TyrannicalFascist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 10:33 AM #2273
> ⚡Dyl
Install Megaranger!

eBay
Dyl
Install Megaranger!

eBay

TyrannicalFascist wrote: View Post

Not really. After they released all the Red Rangers and a number of sixth Rangers for the Super Megaforce line and then abandoned that scale shortly after I didn't trust them. Though at least we finally got accurate 1995 MMPR The Movie Rangers during that time.

Their Legacy release schedule made very little sense, and the paint errors and missing weapons and the MMPR metallic figures really killed it for me. It's a shame because I do generally like the Legacy figures and was hoping for a nice poseable Ninjor.

Also wasting their time and resources on "Legacy" Dino Zords that could have been spent making a Legacy Shogun Megazord was such a waste.
I wonder if they could have done every ranger ever, if they stuck to the 5 inch scale since they did do the special rangers and red rangers.
Dyl is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote