Home Menu

Menu


Closed
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 11th, 2018, 09:47 AM #1801
Sevenlima's Avatar
> Sevenlima
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,740
Sevenlima
Power Ranger
Sevenlima's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,740



Ataruman wrote: View Post

Seriously, it slipped my mind that I was describing Neros/Grimlord. Nice pick-up. (but yeah, Sentai needs something like that)
Yeah, Sentai need a another villain like that again.
Sevenlima is online now    
Old October 11th, 2018, 09:55 AM #1802
kyuparanger's Avatar
> kyuparanger
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,208
kyuparanger
Power Ranger
kyuparanger's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,208



I’m thinking we’re going to see a Digimon/Pokémon setup. It actually makes a lot of sense since Toei is planning a new Digimon anime next year. Also shiryu means growing dragon. Maybe we could have eggs for gimmicks.
kyuparanger is offline    
Old October 11th, 2018, 10:26 AM #1803
Merlin's Avatar
> Merlin
The Blowing Wind Element
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 25,865
Merlin
The Blowing Wind Element
Merlin's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 25,865



Wouldn't eggs and growing dragons be a little too on the nose? It's one thing to homage an external source like Harry Potter or Game of Thrones, but an existing giant Japanese franchise like Pokemon? I might understand if they use just one egg to grow something big like an auxiliary mecha, but an entire team as their basic item doing exactly what Pokemon does on a regular basis, it just seems too similar.
Merlin is offline    
Old October 11th, 2018, 10:39 AM #1804
kyuparanger's Avatar
> kyuparanger
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,208
kyuparanger
Power Ranger
kyuparanger's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,208



Merlin wrote: View Post

Wouldn't eggs and growing dragons be a little too on the nose? It's one thing to homage an external source like Harry Potter or Game of Thrones, but an existing giant Japanese franchise like Pokemon? I might understand if they use just one egg to grow something big like an auxiliary mecha, but an entire team as their basic item doing exactly what Pokemon does on a regular basis, it just seems too similar.
But the catch to that is many series whether it be Anime, Western Series, and live-action have had eggs synonymous with Monsters/Dragons. So have eggs doesn’t really correlate to it being a Pokémon rip-off. Plus eggs don’t necessarily have to be egg-like. In Digimon Digi-Eggs had a plethora of different features.

I would say they could go the jewel route if they want to be more distinct.
kyuparanger is offline    
Old October 11th, 2018, 10:55 AM #1805
Merlin's Avatar
> Merlin
The Blowing Wind Element
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 25,865
Merlin
The Blowing Wind Element
Merlin's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 25,865



I believe you. I suppose it would be more blatant if the eggs were containers for carrying around miniature dragons who grow when released in battle.
Merlin is offline    
Old October 11th, 2018, 11:31 AM #1806
Ataruman's Avatar
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,472
Ataruman
Adorable and Epic
Ataruman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,472



I'm not on board with eggs. We had the "Dinosaur Eggs" in Zyuranger and Abaranger had all the mecha outside the original 3 and Brachio come to Earth as eggs. I guess it could work if they make it a gimmick and the dragon motif, but eggs just feels like it's been done.
Ataruman is offline    
Old October 11th, 2018, 11:33 AM #1807
AkaGreen's Avatar
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,622
AkaGreen
JusticeForK
AkaGreen's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,622



To be fair, it hasn't been that long since ToQger and we're already back to tiny versions of the mecha that go on the transformation device.

I don't think they're too worried about reusing things.
AkaGreen is online now    
Old October 11th, 2018, 11:34 AM #1808
> ⚡Dukemon
Moderator
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 17,542
Dukemon
Moderator
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 17,542



Ataruman wrote: View Post

I'm not on board with eggs. We had the "Dinosaur Eggs" in Zyuranger and Abaranger had all the mecha outside the original 3 and Brachio come to Earth as eggs. I guess it could work if they make it a gimmick and the dragon motif, but eggs just feels like it's been done.
As a collectible though? It hasn't. At least not in Super Sentai. It can maybe work, we'd have to see what sub-motifs are utilized this season.
Dukemon is offline    
Old October 11th, 2018, 12:33 PM #1809
WhiteQuantumRanger's Avatar
> WhiteQuantumRanger
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 22
WhiteQuantumRanger
Power Ranger
WhiteQuantumRanger's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 22



リュウソ

Ryuuso: Leave. I assume its used a verb. Which probably doesn't mean anything. But its another translation of "Ryuusou"
WhiteQuantumRanger is offline    
Old October 11th, 2018, 12:44 PM #1810
> ⚡Dukemon
Moderator
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 17,542
Dukemon
Moderator
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 17,542



WhiteQuantumRanger wrote: View Post

リュウソ

Ryuuso: Leave. I assume its used a verb. Which probably doesn't mean anything. But its another translation of "Ryuusou"
Don't recognize that word; any source?
Dukemon is offline    
Old October 11th, 2018, 05:20 PM #1811
Megazord Prime's Avatar
> Megazord Prime
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 485
Megazord Prime
Power Ranger
Megazord Prime's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 485



A Western Dragon would be suitable for Red.
Megazord Prime is offline    
Old October 11th, 2018, 07:44 PM #1812
FlameDragon's Avatar
> FlameDragon
VIP Ranger
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 933
FlameDragon
VIP Ranger
FlameDragon's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 933



i could see Red having a Dragon Caesar esque mech that acts as a humanoid on its own, while the other four/two having dragons that transform into humanoids and then merge with Red's mech like DaiRenOh. sort of like giving the Dragon mech knight armor.
FlameDragon is online now    
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old October 11th, 2018, 07:49 PM #1813
Jus1995's Avatar
> Jus1995
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,018
Jus1995
Power Ranger
Jus1995's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,018



FlameDragon wrote: View Post

i could see Red having a Dragon Caesar esque mech that acts as a humanoid on its own, while the other four/two having dragons that transform into humanoids and then merge with Red's mech like DaiRenOh. sort of like giving the Dragon mech knight armor.
Could work. Godzilla's pretty big, so giving Red a Dragon Caesar-mech would be a nice touch.
Jus1995 is offline    
Old October 11th, 2018, 07:54 PM #1814
maslego's Avatar
> maslego
Idea Ranger
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,585
maslego
Idea Ranger
maslego's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,585



I can't wait to get our first look at the suits so we know which one they're focusing on, Dragons or Knights or if it's an equal mix.
maslego is online now    
Old October 11th, 2018, 08:41 PM #1815
Alitain's Avatar
> Alitain
God of Benevolence
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 15,805
Alitain
God of Benevolence
Alitain's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 15,805



Might be fun if saw Red got a zord that had a warrior mode. Sure, it means more Red-centricness but I liked back in the days of the Thunderzords with the Red Dragon having his warrior mode and fighting. Would at least give some dynamic in the beginning. I mean sure, usually they wait till the third act to give Red some new zord that he can pilot by himself, but I liked the individual warrior mode type. If they were willing to be more unique in the beginning at least, take a little note from Go-Busters where it wasn't all about just instantly combining to the newest form and finishing the monster. Have Red able to fight individually if needed, then(if say it's a five man team) the others can combine into a vehicle or something like form to also fight together. Then they can come together as the Megazord.
Alitain is online now    
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old October 12th, 2018, 02:15 AM #1816
Jus1995's Avatar
> Jus1995
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,018
Jus1995
Power Ranger
Jus1995's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,018



^ Even better, each Ranger's mecha has a warrior mode and it's combined form is not revealed until episode 8 or 9.
Jus1995 is offline    
Old October 12th, 2018, 03:41 AM #1817
Ataruman's Avatar
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,472
Ataruman
Adorable and Epic
Ataruman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,472



I rather not just go with "Dragon Caesar" for Red. At least let them read up on actual types of dragons and make it work out with a good variety of them (like a Chinese, Welsh, Slavic, maybe a feathered serpent from Mexico...)

Though it would be funny if the villains later develop an evil mech (or a 6th mecha) based on a dinosaur, considering how dragons in some cultures were just their representation of dinosaurs without knowing about their own prehistory at the time.
Ataruman is offline    
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old October 12th, 2018, 03:44 AM #1818
RossoEagle's Avatar
> RossoEagle
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,020
RossoEagle
Power Ranger
RossoEagle's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,020



GreenMystechRanger wrote: View Post

To be fair, it hasn't been that long since ToQger and we're already back to tiny versions of the mecha that go on the transformation device.

I don't think they're too worried about reusing things.
They're most likely doing collectibles separated from mech toys again if LuPat' sales hurt them that much......
RossoEagle is offline    
Old October 12th, 2018, 03:46 AM #1819
Jus1995's Avatar
> Jus1995
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,018
Jus1995
Power Ranger
Jus1995's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,018



Maybe have a Kirin in there. Since Kirins are normally depicted as a Dragon, plus we could throw in a Dairanger reference.
Jus1995 is offline    
Old October 12th, 2018, 05:41 AM #1820
Sevenlima's Avatar
> Sevenlima
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,740
Sevenlima
Power Ranger
Sevenlima's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,740



Gingalcon was like a dragon too and i'd like to see a similar mecha.

Last edited by Sevenlima; October 12th, 2018 at 05:55 AM.
Sevenlima is online now    
Closed

Tags
be healthy duke, dino force brave 2, dino knight, dinot again, dragon sentai... loljk, its about to get wild, kyoryuger 2, no dragon rangers for you

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:05 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.