Home Menu

Menu

Old April 16th, 2018, 09:29 AM #3881
> Ataruman
Heat/Trigger

Ataruman
Heat/Trigger

I say it was a neat gimmick but kids just wanted toys that were colorful and many; not just one ship with three modes. It's a shame since I think TimeRobo is neat and I wish we got another mecha like that...but unfortunately if Japanese kids don't want it, what some American fans say doesn't matter.
Ataruman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2018, 11:44 PM #3882
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

Ataruman wrote: View Post

I say it was a neat gimmick but kids just wanted toys that were colorful and many; not just one ship with three modes. It's a shame since I think TimeRobo is neat and I wish we got another mecha like that...but unfortunately if Japanese kids don't want it, what some American fans say doesn't matter.
Heck, it's one of the coolest-looking Sentai mecha that I've seen.
AdrenalineRush is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:03 PM #3883
> HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R39e...ature=youtu.be

A new clip of Tyrannoranger and Pteraranger playing the Zyuranger Famicom game at a recent convention.
HowlingSnail is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:52 PM #3884
> Superanger
It's time to change

Superanger
It's time to change

I finished watching Ninninger. (I know I'm a couple of years late) I love how Sentai has developed their female characters in these past years. Kasumi being an intelligent, strong, and focused girl instead of the typical anime/idol/pretty kawaii girl. Also, grandpa as a mentor never gave them the easy way out instead he forced them to learn on their own and find their path.

Also, compared to older sentai, there were less filler episodes.
Superanger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:33 PM #3885
> The Golden Witch
Has a Fever

The Golden Witch
Has a Fever

Superanger wrote: View Post

(About Ninninger) Also, compared to older sentai, there were less filler episodes.
Well, yeah, that's kind of a given that older Sentai have way more filler than newer Sentai. Doesn't just apply to Ninninger.
The Golden Witch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:01 PM #3886
> Superanger
It's time to change

Superanger
It's time to change

The Golden Witch wrote: View Post

Well, yeah, that's kind of a given that older Sentai have way more filler than newer Sentai. Doesn't just apply to Ninninger.
My method of watching current sentai is to skip all filler. There's some episodes (this happened in Goseiger a lot) that were half filler, but still sprinkled some plot elements that made it necessary to watch.

Ninninger has 47 episodes, I count 33-35 as non filler which includes some episodes that are mostly filler but still necessary to watch for the advancement of the story.

Now compare that to Carranger, it was 48 episodes, while only 30 were important to the overall plot of the season. Ohranger had 48 episodes, but only 25-26 were necessary to see. I also recall Shinkenger had ton of filler, but I haven't seen it since it first aired.
Superanger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:09 PM #3887
> sylarking
Power Ranger

sylarking
Power Ranger

Superanger wrote: View Post

I finished watching Ninninger. (I know I'm a couple of years late) I love how Sentai has developed their female characters in these past years. Kasumi being an intelligent, strong, and focused girl instead of the typical anime/idol/pretty kawaii girl. Also, grandpa as a mentor never gave them the easy way out instead he forced them to learn on their own and find their path.

Also, compared to older sentai, there were less filler episodes.

You one of few people who liked Ninninger. Many people hate it.
sylarking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:44 PM #3888
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

sylarking wrote: View Post

You one of few people who liked Ninninger. Many people hate it.
I didn't hate it. It's not one that I really liked, but I didn't hate it. It was just okay. Had some good stuff, but Takaharu was so damn annoying it did definitely color the season. If he didn't constantly yell about being all fired up it would've gone a long way to not disliking him. But overall, wasn't a bad season. Definitely better than Zyuohger. Though I haven't seen a season that I'd say I "hate". There're some that I just didn't care a lot for. Toqger is probably the closest to a season that I hate, but even then I can't hate it I just disliked most of it. And even then, it still had one of the best moments in recent Sentai at the end;

Near the end when Right sends the others back to their lives and draws on the darkness to fight Z. And Z kicks his ass, then expresses his disappointment at Right for believing that relying on the darkness would make him more powerful. That was probably the one saving grace for me for that show.
Alitain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
a 40 year toy commercial, debating over spandex, destroyallchildren, nokidsallowed, thebestsentaithread, theoptimalsentaithread, xistheobjectlygoodsentai