Home Menu

Menu

Old April 14th, 2018, 08:57 PM #1641
> LegandaryYin
Let The Mind Games Begin

LegandaryYin
Let The Mind Games Begin

New Update: Swansea MA TRU has 4 Zeonizers and 2 Power Staffs (in game case) MMPR Green Helmet is gone.

Ill keep updating every so often cuz I like walking while on lunch from work (clears my mind) so ill keep visiting the TRU to let y'all know
LegandaryYin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2018, 12:33 PM #1642
> TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay

Decided to make one last trip around town to try to find the green ranger helmet. There are 3 TRUS in town and one of them actually had the helmet! I imagine the feeling I felt when I picked it up off the shelf was very similar to using heroin LOL.
TheTerrorToad87 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2018, 05:25 PM #1643
> The Magic Pie
マジカル パイ

The Magic Pie
マジカル パイ

TheTerrorToad87 wrote: View Post

Decided to make one last trip around town to try to find the green ranger helmet. There are 3 TRUS in town and one of them actually had the helmet! I imagine the feeling I felt when I picked it up off the shelf was very similar to using heroin LOL.
Am I the only one who's going to miss that feeling of finding that one thing they're looking for? Imma miss TRU when it's gone, man.
The Magic Pie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2018, 07:43 PM #1644
> TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay

The Magic Pie wrote: View Post

Am I the only one who's going to miss that feeling of finding that one thing they're looking for? Imma miss TRU when it's gone, man.
It's a sense of euphoria that is definitely not replicated by shopping online. Especially when you've been hunting for it for weeks and had all but given up hope and honestly felt stupid for even bothering to check the store again but then you turn into the aisle and see it sitting there just waiting for you. Definitely an experience I will miss.
TheTerrorToad87 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2018, 03:48 AM #1645
> Diecast
Sigh

Diecast
Sigh

Same here. I got one last little dose of it yesterday with finding a TRU exclusive Transformer yesterday, but its definitely not going to be the same without just having a toy store around. My wife and I usually went every other weekend just to walk around and look at all the cool stuff.

Sigh.
Diecast is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2018, 05:56 AM #1646
> Silver_Tiger
VIP Rider

Silver_Tiger
VIP Rider

TheTerrorToad87 wrote: View Post

It's a sense of euphoria that is definitely not replicated by shopping online. Especially when you've been hunting for it for weeks and had all but given up hope and honestly felt stupid for even bothering to check the store again but then you turn into the aisle and see it sitting there just waiting for you. Definitely an experience I will miss.
I disagree, but ONLY for me. as I have Schizophrenia and Social anxiety (along with physical pain) going to the store is terrible not only mentally but physically) so If were to be going to a store to get something, it's an in and out Job...I use to be to paranoid to shop online, but since I'm able to now the whole World has opened up and I don't feel so boxed in anymore
Silver_Tiger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2018, 06:25 AM #1647
> Judge Joker
Repulsive

Judge Joker
Repulsive

Silver_Tiger wrote: View Post

I disagree, but ONLY for me. as I have Schizophrenia and Social anxiety (along with physical pain) going to the store is terrible not only mentally but physically) so If were to be going to a store to get something, it's an in and out Job...I use to be to paranoid to shop online, but since I'm able to now the whole World has opened up and I don't feel so boxed in anymore
I get this so much. When I was at my very worst with social anxiety, it was extremely hard for me to go to the store to buy anything, let alone something people generally scoffed at. Online shopping was a very useful way around that.

Also, may I say, I applaud your openness. If only more people were more open about their mental health, maybe we could make headway in tackling the stigma surrounding mental illness.
Judge Joker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2018, 09:04 AM #1648
> Silver_Tiger
VIP Rider

Silver_Tiger
VIP Rider

Thanks for your words JJ, I appreciate what you're saying. I do try to be as open about my MI as possible for that very reason. I see that there is a lot of speculation of what MI is even with "professionals" and there aren't too many people like us lucid and willing to speak openly about it, because they fear the scrutiny, but I will also tell you I have run into several reasons why Most people are quiet about it first hand. I won't go into to much detail but one of my major things is Cameras I can't stand cameras...in fact it's hard for me to use them even though I am in that profession. I'm terrified of getting captured on camera (partially because I think I'm out there constantly looking stupid and someone is just waiting for the opportunity to capture that. even though it's not the truth...really makes it hard to let your guard down, but I digress) anyway, I do a lot of Volunteer work when my issues allow as well with my talents and I have to explain to people I don't want my picture taken, that it's not merely a "oh i'm ugly, or i'm not having a good hair day" that literally the thought of someone taking my picture ruins my whole day, people don't seem to understand until you preface it with "I'm schizophrenic" that usually cues a "Oh!" and the issue is dropped with either an "I'm sorry" "I understand" or "oh yes my cousin/brother/mother/sister/daughter/son etc. has that" but...although 99 percent of the time people are very understanding and are willing to look at you as a person rather than an illness, you will find there are people who will whisper behind your back and say really horrible things about you. I guess it comes with willing to be open *shrugs*
Silver_Tiger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2018, 03:09 PM #1649
> nykmario
Power Ranger

nykmario
Power Ranger

Ranger4612 wrote: View Post

Distribution is a funny thing, so it's hard to say for certain why you haven't seen anything. It could be because your stores had too much of the previous waves and never triggered a restock, or it could just be a fluke. Either way, most of this remaining Bandai product seems to be having issues with supply, which I believe is due to them losing the license next year. I don't have definitive proof from the company, but given the "one and done" mentality dictating the release of the Zeo items from online retailers, I'd say it's safe to say it's only going to get more scarce from here. Bandai likely sees no investment potential in pumping more money than necessary into the toyline now, since they'll no longer have it this time next year. They probably just want to recoup what they can from their previous investments and be done with it.

are they even going to finish this line out or is this whats left of it? i was really enjoying these figures and now im stuck getting them on eBay
nykmario is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2018, 09:39 PM #1650
> RoccoB64
Power Ranger

RoccoB64
Power Ranger

I've been collecting toys for almost 30 years of my life- my favorite hobby. I've never gotten any thrill out of hunting for this crap. Just sell it to me online. I hated driving to 10 stores to not find anything. Sometimes you'd find something and that was exciting, but not worth having to travel around for days. Inefficient use of time. Let me just click something and get it and be done.
RoccoB64 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2018, 05:49 AM #1651
> ⚡Dyl
Install Megaranger!

eBay
Dyl
Install Megaranger!

eBay

I went on a hunt yesterday hoping I'd find some legacy zeo figures, but of course this being Canada I came empty handed. Although I was surprised in one location they had a shit load of White MMPR and Yellow. I've never actually seen a male legacy figure in such a high quantity. What's more is those figures used to be quite rare to come by and of course I was taken back. I snapped some pictures:

In the last picture there was 4 MMPR yellows . I think I counted in total 12 MMPR yellow rangers and like 8 MMPR Whites. I guess it's not just the girls that are shelf warmers.

Last edited by Dyl; April 17th, 2018 at 05:58 AM.
Dyl is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2018, 06:03 AM #1652
> MK19
Power Ranger

MK19
Power Ranger

Hi, I any other speculations regarding further 1to1 size helmet releases after Green. Thought I read that there were plans for a White Ranger Helmet?
MK19 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2018, 06:13 AM #1653
> Garrek45
Power Ranger

Garrek45
Power Ranger

MK19 wrote: View Post

Hi, I any other speculations regarding further 1to1 size helmet releases after Green. Thought I read that there were plans for a White Ranger Helmet?
Bandai lost the license, nothing else is coming.

Also, wow, reminds me of my Walmart, except for them it's Black Panthers.
They have something like 20-30 Black panthers in maybe 3 variations.
Someone made a mistake when ordering.
I can only imagine that the boxes were multiples of only 1 or 2 figures instead of the normal 5 or 6 different figures, I don't keep up with Legends.

Stores were buying boxes of MMPR only for that wave and then wondering why they couldn't sell the dozen figures.
It was a huge mistake by Bandai allowing them to do that especially with multiboxing another girl after the Pink fiasco.

Last edited by Garrek45; April 17th, 2018 at 06:19 AM.
Garrek45 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2018, 06:18 AM #1654
> the real red ranger
A.K.A. Red

the real red ranger
A.K.A. Red

Its a Tiger themed Ranger invasion!! So I ordered DT Black on Amazon..I cant keep hunting around and not finding it..btwn the Zeo pre orders with Gamestop Im all set!
the real red ranger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2018, 06:18 AM #1655
> MK19
Power Ranger

MK19
Power Ranger

Garrek45 wrote: View Post

Bandai lost the license, nothing else is coming.
Sad times, better get Green or forever weep.

Maybe Hasbro will capitalise on nostalgia and get things rolling again...
Old April 17th, 2018, 06:25 AM #1656
> Garrek45
Power Ranger

Garrek45
Power Ranger

Sad times, better get Green or forever weep.

Maybe Hasbro will capitalise on nostalgia and get things rolling again...
They have stated that they intend to tap into Power Ranger's untapped markets.
How long we will have to wait until they start pumping out stuff is another matter.
They will probably focus on the main line for the TV show the first year to make sure they have a solid base before branching out.

Unfortunately, they're probably going to start back at MMPR all over again, which I don't much mind but is unfortunate for others.
Though honestly, unless they can pump out something better than Bandai's version... not sure how much I'd buy.
Old April 17th, 2018, 06:39 AM #1657
> MK19
Power Ranger

MK19
Power Ranger

Garrek45 wrote: View Post

They have stated that they intend to tap into Power Ranger's untapped markets.
How long we will have to wait until they start pumping out stuff is another matter.
They will probably focus on the main line for the TV show the first year to make sure they have a solid base before branching out.

Unfortunately, they're probably going to start back at MMPR all over again, which I don't much mind but is unfortunate for others.
Though honestly, unless they can pump out something better than Bandai's version... not sure how much I'd buy.
Personally i do hope they release another dino megazord, i sold my legacy and 2010 version. I don't know about everyone else but I do not want MMPR to ever go away, i've been during the days when there were no traces of MMPR and i'm glad to now have that back so I can show future generations. I do understand there are others who have this same sentiment towards other seasons but for me I want MMPR to always be around
Old April 17th, 2018, 06:54 AM #1658
> cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

Dyl wrote: View Post

I think I counted in total 12 MMPR yellow rangers and like 8 MMPR Whites. I guess it's not just the girls that are shelf warmers.
Not sure that I agree with this comment. This seems more like a case of a store manager doing an awful job in ordering product. They have so many of them that even if people bought 4 MMPR whites there would still be another 4 sitting there unsold. PR isn't THAT big of a seller anymore and how many nostalgic 20/30-somethings are really shopping at each store?

I think the difference between the girl figures and the guy figures is that if you have 2 Trinis sitting there, 1 of them will probably shelf warm. If you have 2 Tommys, I think they both sell eventually.
cleanuphtr15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2018, 07:01 AM #1659
> ⚡Dyl
Install Megaranger!

eBay
Dyl
Install Megaranger!

eBay

cleanuphtr15 wrote: View Post

Not sure that I agree with this comment. This seems more like a case of a store manager doing an awful job in ordering product. They have so many of them that even if people bought 4 MMPR whites there would still be another 4 sitting there unsold. PR isn't THAT big of a seller anymore and how many nostalgic 20/30-somethings are really shopping at each store?

I think the difference between the girl figures and the guy figures is that if you have 2 Trinis sitting there, 1 of them will probably shelf warm. If you have 2 Tommys, I think they both sell eventually.
But thatís apparently the case for some other toysrus locations as well, decadeís tru was having the same issue.
Dyl is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2018, 07:10 AM #1660
> Garrek45
Power Ranger

Garrek45
Power Ranger

Personally i do hope they release another dino megazord, i sold my legacy and 2010 version. I don't know about everyone else but I do not want MMPR to ever go away, i've been during the days when there were no traces of MMPR and i'm glad to now have that back so I can show future generations. I do understand there are others who have this same sentiment towards other seasons but for me I want MMPR to always be around
MMPR is where the nostalgia is for me as well but I wouldn't mind other seasons. We have a bunch of MMPR gear now, it's only fair everyone else get a chance.

Dyl wrote: View Post

But thatís apparently the case for some other toysrus locations as well, decadeís tru was having the same issue.
That's, as I said, because Bandai was letting stores order cases of nothing but MMPR white and yellow, resulting in even 1 box let alone multiple boxes having to many for 1 store to sell.