Home Menu

Menu

Old May 13th, 2019, 05:36 AM #3021
> Sevenlima
Power Ranger

Sevenlima
Power Ranger

I wish the actors make a official project along with Hasbro to hire better actors for the franchise.

Last edited by Sevenlima; May 13th, 2019 at 05:41 AM.
Sevenlima is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2019, 07:50 AM #3022
> radkins2ka
Power Ranger

radkins2ka
Power Ranger

I'm hoping for Phantom Ranger in wave 2. What's everybody else wanting?
radkins2ka is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2019, 08:07 AM #3023
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

Sevenlima wrote: View Post

I wish the actors make a official project along with Hasbro to hire better actors for the franchise.
What is "better". Acting is art, and it is therefore, subjective. So is writing, and everything else.

Is the show selling toys? That's the only question that needs to be answered for the bottom line, and Hasbro will be happy.
Dukemon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2019, 10:54 AM #3024
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

You want bad actors to help hire better actors?

That's not even trying to make sense.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2019, 01:13 PM #3025
> Sevenlima
Power Ranger

Sevenlima
Power Ranger

AkaPrimoKanyeWest wrote: View Post

You want bad actors to help hire better actors?.
Actually, i want actors could make better fight scenes in the show like the first mmpr.

Last edited by Sevenlima; May 13th, 2019 at 01:20 PM.
Old May 13th, 2019, 01:51 PM #3026
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

Actually, i want actors could make better fight scenes in the show like the first mmpr.
.... you do know that the mmpr cast were hired on physical abilities and not acting abilities, right?
mmprfan09 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2019, 01:55 PM #3027
> Sevenlima
Power Ranger

Sevenlima
Power Ranger

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

.... you do know that the mmpr cast were hired on physical abilities and not acting abilities, right?
Yeah i do, but mostly of these current can't make fight scenes alone can't make fight scenes without. They're more like models than fighters.
Old May 13th, 2019, 01:59 PM #3028
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

Yeah, but mostly actors since the neo saban era can't make fight scenes alone.
That's more of a contractual thing than anything else. Even the actors with physical abilities aren't usually allowed to do stunts in recent years. It's a liability hazard.

I don't think anyone, so far, in Beast Morphers is a bad actor. (In the main cast.) The writing is still a little stilted, but it's improved by leaps and bounds. And decisions like Mantis/Scarab leave me scratching my head; but these are nitpicks when compared to what we were dealing with the last two years.
Old May 13th, 2019, 02:05 PM #3029
> rb123
Corinth Ranger

rb123
Corinth Ranger

^ I've been very pleased with the acting in Beast Morphers. The acting needs to be charismatic and big in Toku shows, and the cast really delivers on that except for Ravi's actor. He's actually somewhat dull and lifeless, not unlike Troy's actor from Megaforce. He is, however, given much better material than Troy ever was.

The worst acting in the history of the show is in Samurai. It wasn't just stilted, hammy, or corny like previous or post seasons. It was aggressively poor. It is The Room of the Power Rangers series. Aliens from planet Sentai 6 made that show.
rb123 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2019, 02:43 PM #3030
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

Honestly, if Beast Morphers wasn't done filming (in like a week?) I kinda think it'd be nice if they did a tribute for the fallen actors in it in place of one of the clip shows, since we just found out Grant and Pua passed away. It'd be the perfect season, since they established the morphing grid in BM connects the multiverse.

Like, have a monster escape into the Morphing Grid, Nate tracks it, only to find out Trini, Udonna, and Shane all died protecting their teams from the monster, (and Sensei died somehow, they could figure something out) and then the BM rangers killed the monster, and then a few returning actors from their respective seasons show up to pay tribute to their friends, etc.

Cheesy, but I think it'd be nice. Especially since Peta never got a proper tribute from Saban (still pisses me off, to be honest), and who knows if Pua/Grant will from Hasbro.

Dukemon wrote: View Post

That's more of a contractual thing than anything else. Even the actors with physical abilities aren't usually allowed to do stunts in recent years. It's a liability hazard.

I don't think anyone, so far, in Beast Morphers is a bad actor. (In the main cast.) The writing is still a little stilted, but it's improved by leaps and bounds. And decisions like Mantis/Scarab leave me scratching my head; but these are nitpicks when compared to what we were dealing with the last two years.
Are people still shocked by this? >_> Like, pretty much no show nowadays allows their actor to do stunts. Unless the actor specifically negotiates it into their contract like Jackie Chan, it's pretty much a requirement that they aren't allowed to do their own stunts. SOMETIMES they'll be allowed to do silly things like fall into one of the inflatable bags from like a 3 foot drop, but that's about it. (Because the only injury you can get fromthat is like a minor bruise lol)

An injured actor means production gets halted for potentially weeks. When it happens during normal things, they usually just write it into the scripts because they'd rather do that than halt production (like for instance, when Jodie on Fuller House broke her leg off-set, they wrote that into the show), but if it's because the person was being stupid and trying their own stunts, there's likely penalties for the actor, to the point they might write them out of the show for a while/permanently. And in Power Rangers, they might outright replace the actor/actress.

Whereas an injured stuntie means they pay the stuntie and replace the stuntie.

---

MMPR was shot in the 90s, with less strict laws on production as well. Most of the production wouldn't fly nowadays.

I also doubt Saban would have risked most of what they did with the cast back then if they had filmed it nowadays. The amount of backflips and cartwheels Amy Jo Johnson did or the work on the balance beam, for instance, they would never have risked with the actual actress. That's just asking for a sprained/broken ankle and setting production back.
AkaUnlovedFyntabulous is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2019, 02:49 PM #3031
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

Power Rangers writing isn't good enough to pull off a tribute episode like that. It would come off as tasteless and hollow, and I'd rather them not try at all.

A placard at the end of the episode, as is custom, would be most welcome though.
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old May 13th, 2019, 05:47 PM #3032
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

Tribute episode hosted by Ben and Betty?

No thanks.
mmprfan09 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2019, 12:49 AM #3033
> big smile
VIP Rider

big smile
VIP Rider

Saban Ent did "in memory" cards for several members of the PR family who passed away, including Minoru Uchiyama who worked in costumes/make up and Carol Michelle Mickelson who was a fan who visited the set (although her tribute wasn't in the international broadcasts).

Disney never did any "in memory" cards (not even for Rangers who passed) nor did Saban Brands. Who knows if Hasbro will?

Considering the show has skewed younger, it wouldn't surprise me if they would be reluctant to address anything connected with death for fear offending parents who don't want to talk about death with their snowflakes.

There was a Ninja Steel episode where they said something like "There's more than one way to destory a cat".

"More than one way to skin a cat" is a well-known idiom, which isn't even literal these days, but clearly they were afraid of offending and so went with an awkward reworking.

So while a "in memory" card for Pua and Grant would be nice, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't do it.
big smile is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2019, 03:41 AM #3034
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

^ During the Time Force they really did episodes in memories in few characters in Power Rangers ! Will be nice to see the tributes for some Cast Characters...
Akumaru is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2019, 10:24 PM #3035
> Mythdon
Howling Wolf!

Mythdon
Howling Wolf!

This is a stupid question, but what happened to the Power Rangers of the Past thread? Are we back to doing separate threads now for each topic?
Mythdon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2019, 10:30 PM #3036
> Riderdimension
The only one

Riderdimension
The only one

it still exists. The first one hit the page limit so a new one was made
Riderdimension is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2019, 05:08 PM #3037
> Bradlee_Scott
Zach Quinto? Yes Please!!

Bradlee_Scott
Zach Quinto? Yes Please!!

Yeah i do, but mostly of these current can't make fight scenes alone can't make fight scenes without. They're more like models than fighters.
The show is also SAG/Union now. Saban was basically runing a sweat shop in the early days. They have trained professionals for stunts because they can go very wrong and people can get very very hurt.

Actors are hired to be the rangers and while they do some minimal fighting- they're supposed to be pretty and deliver lines that convey the story in a believable manner. I think the BM crew does a pretty great job at just that- especially given the ridiculous things they have to sell as characters.
Bradlee_Scott is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2019, 06:38 PM #3038
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Bradlee_Scott wrote: View Post

The show is also SAG/Union now. Saban was basically runing a sweat shop in the early days. They have trained professionals for stunts because they can go very wrong and people can get very very hurt.

Actors are hired to be the rangers and while they do some minimal fighting- they're supposed to be pretty and deliver lines that convey the story in a believable manner. I think the BM crew does a pretty great job at just that- especially given the ridiculous things they have to sell as characters.
Power Rangers hasn't had Union actors since they sold the show the first time.
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2019, 03:51 PM #3039
> Theagames10
VIP Rider

Theagames10
VIP Rider

The Power Rangers Official YT channel uploaded the ending theme and credits for Beast Morphers a few min ago, and I see just 2 confusing things about it:

1. The end credits have a background, as opposed to the Nick App version, which has no background.
2. The picture they use for the thumbnail is not actually in the video, they skipped the 3 rangers credits to most likely save a bit of time for the Allspark logo.

Theagames10 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2019, 04:03 PM #3040
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance

That is a pretty dynamic guitar instrumental.

I actually like that more than the vocals.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote