Home Menu

Menu

Old April 24th, 2019, 10:53 AM #2981
> Tigran
Power Ranger

Tigran
Power Ranger

Again.. I bring up Dinotrux. (though I may be mispelling it)
Tigran is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2019, 11:19 AM #2982
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

TitanTrini wrote: View Post

Finally someone calls that terrible show for the failure it is!
This sounds more personally wounded due to creative liberties with the subject matter than an accurate reflection of the writing and presentation.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old April 24th, 2019, 06:59 PM #2983
> FlameDragon
VIP Ranger

FlameDragon
VIP Ranger

Tigran wrote: View Post

Voltron toys were also horribly done.

Dinotrux is a better example of Netflix toys.
i thought the deluxe voltron with its electronics, detecting the seperate limbs works really well. its something i would love hasbro do when they adapt kyurenoh in toy form.

also the voltron toys weren't horrible, they were at least better than boa's recent outings.

Last edited by FlameDragon; April 24th, 2019 at 07:10 PM.
FlameDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2019, 08:11 PM #2984
> TitanTrini
Power Ranger

TitanTrini
Power Ranger

AkaPrimoKanyeWest wrote: View Post

This sounds more personally wounded due to creative liberties with the subject matter than an accurate reflection of the writing and presentation.
Could you dumb this down for me. Im kind of slow on the uptake.
TitanTrini is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2019, 08:13 PM #2985
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

Zeo Cereal wrote: View Post

The Akiba suits are too cool. The translucency, the texture, the black accent - those suits might work better in a serious context. Particularily AkibaRed.
The suits, maybe. Not the helmets.

FlameDragon wrote: View Post

i mentioned this before, but an animated power rangers cartoon aimed for children, with different rangers from different seasons going through antics would be great. like transformers rescue bots meets teen titans go almost. that type of show could work great with titanium321's idea of referencing the inconsistencies of the series.
My idea wasn't about inconsistencies, none of those things have actually been inconsistent, just the weird physics and realities of the PRU. Like breathing in space, ancient secret civilizations, the way people forget or don't believe monsters are real city to city, just the funny things about the PRU that are worth noting as comical as an older audience.

Also, any idea that uses Teen Titans go as a role model should be thrown away immediately. You want to see PR go away, give it a Go style hyper kid focused version, Hasbro would never look at the older audience again.

Dukemon wrote: View Post

Hold the love lol.

I love the show, but saying that it sold toys well is just silly. Power Rangers would die on Netflix, Voltron didn't because it was targeted at an older crowd.
Saying it was targeting an older crowd is burying the lede a little. Dreamworks' Voltron wasn't a show built around selling toys. There is a reason Hasbro hasn't even moved Transformers there even though it gets the worst time slots possible on CN. Shows built to sell toys do not sell toys there. How Dreamworks keeps shilling these things out is a mystery though. Where is that money coming from?

AkaPrimoKanyeWest wrote: View Post

Well, I can think of one thing to really call it, without question, a failure at. Besides the toys at least.

i thought the deluxe voltron with its electronics, detecting the seperate limbs works really well. its something i would love hasbro do when they adapt kyurenoh in toy form.

also the voltron toys weren't horrible, they were at least better than boa's recent outings.
Voltron's toys were good. That wasn't the problem. It was that it basically had one season's worth of toys and then dried up production. Nothing new came out, there wasn't anything toyetic to build figures out of that hadn't already been made before. After the initial wave, there really wasn't a toyline to sell there and what did exist basically never made it to the shelves.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2019, 08:54 PM #2986
> Tigran
Power Ranger

Tigran
Power Ranger

Titanium321 wrote: View Post

Voltron's toys were good. That wasn't the problem. It was that it basically had one season's worth of toys and then dried up production. Nothing new came out, there wasn't anything toyetic to build figures out of that hadn't already been made before. After the initial wave, there really wasn't a toyline to sell there and what did exist basically never made it to the shelves.
Exactly.. The toys were good... The LINE was horrible.

"Monsters? Fuck no! Why would anyone want that?!
Paladins? Fuck no! Why would anyone want that?!

Make more non combining lions! Need more Lions! No real changes... JUST MOAR LIONS!"
Old April 24th, 2019, 09:20 PM #2987
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

TitanTrini wrote: View Post

Could you dumb this down for me. Im kind of slow on the uptake.
"It didn't do what I expected so it sux"
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2019, 02:12 PM #2988
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

Again.. I bring up Dinotrux. (though I may be mispelling it)
I saw some pictures of the characters, and well the ybring Dinossaurs from the Building vechiches, and that show is from Dreamworks, well for some moments i was thinking i saw some robots from that movie with the same name.

This are really Dinossaurs !!! The Desights of the Lions were really cool !!

Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2019, 09:14 PM #2989
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

I mentioned this before, but an animated Power Rangers cartoon aimed for children, with different rangers from different seasons going through antics would be great like Transformers: Rescue Bots meets Teen Titans Go almost. That type of show could work great with Titanium321's idea of referencing the inconsistencies of the series.
While I am among fans who are in favour of an animated series spinoff to PR, I doubt it will happen, especially since Toei has rejected an animated project, not once but twice, referring to the Disney animated series and the CGI animated film along with that several fans don't think an animated project would be necessary since it would lose the uniqueness of the franchise as a live-action cartoon and that if there was an animated series, I don't think it would be in style of TTG, not to mention I doubt that PR will move to Netflix.

Last edited by AdrenalineRush; April 26th, 2019 at 11:17 AM.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2019, 02:09 AM #2990
> bushwacka666
We all like a bit of bush

bushwacka666
We all like a bit of bush

AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

While I am among fans who are in favour of an animated series spinoff to PR, I doubt it will happen, especially that if there was an animated series, I don't think it would be in style of TTG, not to mention I doubt that PR will move to Netflix.
Also we need to consider that, when Saban had plans for an animated series, the understanding is that Toei were against the idea and shut it down.

Might be a little too early in Hasbro's reign right now to know exactly what could happen in the future, but I presume Toei would still need to sign off on any animated series and I'm not aware of anything to suggest that they would change their viewpoint any time soon.
bushwacka666 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old April 26th, 2019, 03:15 AM #2991
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

^ If Hasbro someday change or want to created the Animated Power Rangers, well even was Spin-Off of the Live Action show, i liked maybe a show similar to the Voltron Force, but i think this situation was pass between Toei/Disney because in that case it was a way, Disney wanted to had more control for the Franchise, and obvious Toei shut them down with that ideia

Toei for sore was against because at somepoint put a Live action show like Power Rangers in animation is basic compete with Toei, and i think take the magic of Power Rangers, because we all saw PR in Live action and bring a show to Live action to Animated was a big change for the dynamic of the show !
Old April 26th, 2019, 08:01 AM #2992
> Tigran
Power Ranger

Tigran
Power Ranger

I could be wrong, but the way I understand it, is that Hasbro pretty much owns PR outside of Japan. So if they wanted to make an animated series that didn't use any previous costumes/zords/names, there is nothing Toei can do.

Of course I could be completely wrong about it.
Old April 26th, 2019, 08:09 AM #2993
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

I could be wrong, but the way I understand it, is that Hasbro pretty much owns PR outside of Japan. So if they wanted to make an animated series that didn't use any previous costumes/zords/names, there is nothing Toei can do.

Of course I could be completely wrong about it.
You are indeed, mostly wrong lol.

Toei still has rights to the name, and the concept, just like they did when Saban owned it, and Disney.

Toei doesn't want a Super Sentai/Power Rangers cartoon; it goes against their brand image. ANY WORK that Hasbro makes with the name Power Rangers has to be signed off on by Toei, even if they have nothing to do with the production or characters within. (They would still collect royalties)

Power Rangers 2017 movie, Hyperforce, etc. These were all properties based on Power Rangers, not Super Sentai, but Toei still needed to be included, and in the case of the movie, an active distributor.
Dukemon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2019, 09:22 AM #2994
> Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

Toei doesn't want a Super Sentai/Power Rangers cartoon; it goes against their brand image.
I think that's a leap. We know the various animated pitches failed, but I don't think we've had official word.

Even if the 2007 concept was shut down by Toei, that doesn't neccesarily mean Origins was shut down due to Toei. Even if Toei nixed both, it doesn't mean they were both shut down due to their medium. Patterns.

Especially with discussion of Sentai cancellation - what brand image? This is the same Toei who co-produced the 2017 film and felt that was on-brand.
Zeo Cereal is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2019, 09:50 AM #2995
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

I think that's a leap. We know the various animated pitches failed, but I don't think we've had official word.

Even if the 2007 concept was shut down by Toei, that doesn't neccesarily mean Origins was shut down due to Toei. Even if Toei nixed both, it doesn't mean they were both shut down due to their medium. Patterns.

Especially with discussion of Sentai cancellation - what brand image? This is the same Toei who co-produced the 2017 film and felt that was on-brand.
In terms of animation I think Toei's sticking point is "If you want an animated show, we're making it and you're paying us this much for it." Especially considering they have their renowned animation studio.
Xenotome is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2019, 09:59 AM #2996
> Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

Xenotome wrote: View Post

In terms of animation I think Toei's sticking point is "If you want an animated show, we're making it and you're paying us this much for it." Especially considering they have their renowned animation studio.
Which begs the question, why didn't Disney approach Toei to produce PR anime? The show only survived under Disney due to slashed production costs. Disney execs suggested dubbing the show as early as 2004. The animated pitch lines up with Disney's last push for PR.

Toei worked on a Hannah Montana anime in 2009. It never took off, but it demonstrates the kind of working relationship you suggested.

Maybe Toei had a more clear vision for Sentai in 2007, than in 2017.
Old April 26th, 2019, 10:41 AM #2997
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

Xenotome wrote: View Post

Yup, and yup. But also- animation sort of contradicts what the brand is about, and that's special effects. It's not special if you can draw them.

Toei's not adverse to animating its toku properties, but it's not really a necessity for them to do it either. When they have done it, the properties have usually skewed to the darker side.

Which begs the question, why didn't Disney approach Toei to produce PR anime? The show only survived under Disney due to slashed production costs. Disney execs suggested dubbing the show as early as 2004. The animated pitch lines up with Disney's last push for PR.

Toei worked on a Hannah Montana anime in 2009. It never took off, but it demonstrates the kind of working relationship you suggested.

Maybe Toei had a more clear vision for Sentai in 2007, than in 2017.
Disney and Toei don't have a great relationship, all things considered; they did one notable thing together. They were certainly not friendly with each other by the time Power Rangers was cancelled by Disney.
Dukemon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2019, 10:45 AM #2998
> Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

Disney and Toei don't have a great relationship
Hashtag woodchippers
Old April 26th, 2019, 11:52 PM #2999
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

You are indeed, mostly wrong lol.

Toei still has rights to the name, and the concept, just like they did when Saban owned it, and Disney.

Toei doesn't want a Super Sentai/Power Rangers cartoon; it goes against their brand image. ANY WORK that Hasbro makes with the name Power Rangers has to be signed off on by Toei, even if they have nothing to do with the production or characters within. (They would still collect royalties)

Power Rangers 2017 movie, Hyperforce, etc. These were all properties based on Power Rangers, not Super Sentai, but Toei still needed to be included, and in the case of the movie, an active distributor.
Super Sentai/Power Rangers had the concept and the brand itself is represent was a life action show, and created the Power Rangers in animation seems for Toei basic the Power Rangers is going to compete with himself, and well Toei dont want a show for compete with them, well the Toei name always be in the credits too
Old April 27th, 2019, 09:25 PM #3000
> Theagames10
VIP Rider

Theagames10
VIP Rider

I think someone is changing all the video descriptions to the "Power Rangers Official" YT channel, because as of right now, there is no video descriptions on any of the videos.

Here is some pics I took and put them in a tweet if you don't believe me:
https://twitter.com/TheAGames10/stat...54511757094912
Theagames10 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote