Home Menu

Menu

Old March 14th, 2018, 08:30 AM #801
> Slowpokeking
Power Ranger

Slowpokeking
Power Ranger

S was great due to the conflict between the inner 5 and Haruka & Michiru.
Slowpokeking is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2018, 09:15 AM #802
> PRangerX
VIP Ranger

PRangerX
VIP Ranger

I think Uranus and Neptune respected Usagi a lot more then they let on in the final act of S. They still disagree with her methods and know she will interfere with theirs. So they coldly try and get the inners to stay out of their way. In the episode where the Inners get stuck in Hotaru's house ( with all the weird demension shifting) Neptune lets it slip that Uranus believes in Sailor Moon the Most. Uranus jokingly gives her crap for admitting that to Pluto.

After the final battle , Huruka and Michiru already know Usagi was right and was probably the messiah all along. But they had to know so they pretended to be mad at her as a test. They wanted a sign that she was the Messiah.
PRangerX is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2018, 12:41 PM #803
> Andros
Burajira

Andros
Burajira

So when is this Crystal Dream Arc going to come out?
Andros is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2018, 12:44 PM #804
> Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

All we have is that possible leak that says "fall of this year", but full context is unknown even there since it cuts off.
Miraculous Bikkun is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2018, 12:55 PM #805
> Harpsikord
#thankunext

Harpsikord
#thankunext

Sabanrangerfan Xman wrote: View Post

So, uhmm....Sailor Moon Super S. It's just so-so, so far. But, I just got started on the Amazoness Quartet saga. So, I guess not much has changed with this season.
That sums it up for the most part - though the quartet arc it starts to ramp up really really well, and it really follows through with a solid finish. Chibiusa as the main character had mixed results but I liked it well enough; which arc as been your favorite so far?
Harpsikord is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2018, 06:09 PM #806
> Harpsikord
#thankunext

Harpsikord
#thankunext

Four seasons - do you plan on watching Sailor Stars? That's my personal favorite.
Old March 19th, 2018, 07:42 PM #807
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Sabanrangerfan Xman wrote: View Post

Just finished reading the Dreams arc/Dead Moon Circus arc from the original Sailor Moon manga series and I am actually impressed with the way the story was being handled by the illustrations of Takeuchi-sempai's writing. I mean, it's roughly 11 acts/chapters, but it still managed to tell a coherent story regardless of how many chapters there are in the ninth and tenth volumes of the manga series. I am not sure what everyone else is so worked up about the Dreams arc from the manga series being adapted into an entire season like the last season did. But, even if it was adapted into an entire season, the episodes would cut shorter just like in the manga. So, I am hoping that the two-part Sailor Moon Crystal Dream movie adaptations will be at least enjoyable to watch. As long as they don't make any unnecessary changes or cuts from the source material in order to tell the story in adaptation, then we should have nothing to worry about.
If you're meaning why people are "worked up" over it being adapted for Crystal, then that comes down to it being made for a pair of movies as opposed to even just a 13 episode season like the previous seasons were. They'd have to introduce the villains, Pegasus and all, at least attack the scouts so they can have their moments, introduce the Amazon Quartet, then go for the finale. It's not impossible, but at least in my opinion it sounds like things are going to be rushed. And personally I feel Crystal, and really the manga, were too rushed. But focusing on the anime, yeah I think Crystal was too rushed as it is so condensing it even more makes me worried. We'll see, and I'd love to be wrong, but probably not until at least the first movie is available for view will I not be worried.

Now, if you're meaning by adapted to anime as in the original anime of the SuperS season, personally that season actually felt more padded than most. It might be because most of the focus was on Chibi-Usa and Usagi and I can't really say much came from it beyond getting annoying at hearing Twinkle Yell or whatever it was Chibi-Usa said to call Pegasus, and even getting an upgrade the season made the other scouts really feel unimportant which sucked. But hey, that's me.
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2018, 02:52 PM #808
> Harpsikord
#thankunext

Harpsikord
#thankunext

Crystal's mission statement has always been to deliver something that was closer to the manga than the original series was - and apart from some oddities like pairing the Senshi and the Knights in the first season, and making it so that it's Usagi who
delivers the killing blow to Beryl instead of Minako
it for the most part managed to accomplish that. I'd even go as far as to say that the third season of Crystal, from the beautiful art style and animation to the storytelling, is probably the best Sailor Moon that we've seen... at least outside of the manga itself.

From what I recall of the initial announcement that the Dreams arc is going to be split into two films, it's less like they're going to be ACTUAL films and more like how Digimon Adventure tri. has been presented - premium animation. Basically, the same thing as if they were doing it episodically. That means that you could split it down to six episodes per film - and the Dreams arc is only eleven chapters. So they'll have plenty of time.
Old March 27th, 2018, 11:02 PM #809
> Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

We have our first clip of the SuperS dub featuring Zirconia and the Amazon Trio. I'm really digging Fish's voice.
Old March 27th, 2018, 11:11 PM #810
> Harpsikord
#thankunext

Harpsikord
#thankunext

I think they actually got a guy to voice Fish. That somehow amazes me.

I think they all sound pretty great.
Old March 27th, 2018, 11:29 PM #811
> Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

Harpsikord wrote: View Post

I think they actually got a guy to voice Fish. That somehow amazes me.

I think they all sound pretty great.
Yup, looking him up, Fish's Eye is voiced by Eric Scott Kimerer.

I just remembered my shock at finding out Fish's Eye was voiced by a man in Japanese too - Taiki Matsuno. And he has an incredible range at that. @@
Old March 28th, 2018, 12:37 AM #812
> seiya
(zyu2ranger on FB/YT)

seiya
(zyu2ranger on FB/YT)

Miraculous Bikkun wrote: View Post

We have our first clip of the SuperS dub featuring Zirconia and the Amazon Trio. I'm really digging Fish's voice.

I'm really digging Barbara Goodson as Zirconia. She even channels Rita a little bit at the end when she says "Obviously that's what I'm saying because that's what I just said!" and "NOW GO OUT AND FIND HIM!"

http://sailormoonnews.com/2017/11/19...r-moon-supers/
seiya is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2018, 11:24 AM #813
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

So Fish's Eye's VA in his first bit is either a different actor or they've pitched up his voice in post because that voice is not present in either his second bit of dialogue or his later bit in the trailer.
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2018, 01:22 PM #814
> Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

The trailer in question for people. I had to dig for it, YT didn't wanna spit it out for some reason...

I dunno, Fish's voice sounds the same to me throughout. So much awkward grunting in this though...
Old March 31st, 2018, 01:22 PM #815
> pinkpower
Forever Pink

pinkpower
Forever Pink

The voice cast for Nehelenia and the Quartet have been announced: https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/980140427071418368

Laura Post formerly voiced Tellu in Sailor Moon S/Crystal Season 3 and Cassandra Lee Morris formerly voiced Calaveras in Sailor Moon R/Crystal Season 2.

Has anyone been following any news out of Anime Matsuri? I know that the panel with Osabu and Chiaki Kon was today but haven't heard anything regarding it.

Edit: According to the Osabu/Kon panel, Crystal Season 4 just started production. Optimistically, we won't see part one until Winter of 2019/Spring 2020.

Last edited by pinkpower; March 31st, 2018 at 05:50 PM.
pinkpower is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2018, 11:41 PM #816
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

*sigh* That's honestly ridiculous. DBS movie can be announced and see a release within a year, but Sailor Moon will be lucky if we can get this done in under 3 years. This really highlights how little Toei actually respects this franchise and is more just a means to milk merchandise dollars from it while doing as little and as poor of a job they can with it.
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2018, 12:49 AM #817
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

pinkpower wrote: View Post

Edit: According to the Osabu/Kon panel, Crystal Season 4 just started production. Optimistically, we won't see part one until Winter of 2019/Spring 2020.
Oh, darn it. I mean seriously, was it a good idea for season 4 to be a two-part film than a full season? Nope.
AdrenalineRush is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2018, 02:01 AM #818
> Pink Warrior
Power Ranger

Pink Warrior
Power Ranger

For that long of a wait the quality of both films better be "The Dark Knight (2008)" levels of good. Sheesh!
Pink Warrior is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2018, 02:48 AM #819
> eternalstarlight
SentaiRanger

eternalstarlight
SentaiRanger

Maybe they are timing with the proplica releases? The ones on preorder now are still Uranus/Neptune lip rods and chibimoon's compact. They have released the kaleido moon scope earlier though.

Them starting just now is really disappointing tbh. I mean, at this point they should exceed the Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card Arc's level of quality I suppose.
eternalstarlight is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2018, 03:20 AM #820
> pinkpower
Forever Pink

pinkpower
Forever Pink

Xenotome wrote: View Post

*sigh* That's honestly ridiculous. DBS movie can be announced and see a release within a year, but Sailor Moon will be lucky if we can get this done in under 3 years. This really highlights how little Toei actually respects this franchise and is more just a means to milk merchandise dollars from it while doing as little and as poor of a job they can with it.
To be fair, Toei did appoint a special division to anything Dragonball related so it's going to be given special attention by virtue of just that. The company is also in something of a "flagship vortex" at the moment due to the lack of a One Piece movie this year, so Dragonball is their cash cow.

AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

Oh, darn it. I mean seriously, was it a good idea for season 4 to be a two-part film than a full season? Nope.
There you have it, however since Toei is so movie crazy their rationale is probably that it's cost effective and will lead to better overall quality and serialization in the vein of Digimon Adventure Tri.

eternalstarlight wrote: View Post

Them starting just now is really disappointing tbh. I mean, at this point they should exceed the Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card Arc's level of quality I suppose.
We can only hope that Toei's quality will match that of Madhouse, but sadly it probably won't. There's been some thought on other Sailor Moon related boards that Naoko should just somehow void out the rights to Toei and go with a studio that will give it the care and attention it deserves. Then again, she neglects her own intellectual property in order to focus on finishing her husbands' project so who knows at this point what will ever happen with the future of Sailor Moon.
pinkpower is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote