Home Menu

Menu

Old September 5th, 2018, 07:47 AM #101
> PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

Didnít they throw it on ABC Kids which was a stupid mistake because ABC Kids was more edutainment stuff?

Jetix would have made sense
PineapplePizza is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2018, 08:32 AM #102
> Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

Yeah, they threw it on ABC Kids because too many soccer moms were complaining about the show being "too violent".
Poweranimals is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2018, 08:57 AM #103
> maslego
Idea Ranger

maslego
Idea Ranger

Poweranimals wrote: View Post

Yeah, they threw it on ABC Kids because too many soccer moms were complaining about the show being "too violent".
Freaking soccer moms ruining everything.
maslego is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2018, 09:08 AM #104
> PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

They put it on a less appropriate network block because soccer moms complained it was too violent for a boys action block?
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old September 5th, 2018, 10:12 AM #105
> big smile
VIP Rider

big smile
VIP Rider

I doubt the switch from Jetix (which became Disney XD) to only ABC Kids had anything to do with the soccer moms. I'm guessing they were done with the show and so didn't want to take up valuable Disney XD time with something they were dropping. If Jetix Europe hadn't stepped in, the show would have gone anyway.
big smile is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old September 5th, 2018, 10:38 AM #106
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

I know the soccer mom thing gets repeated, but nothing substantiates it.

Disney's absurd S&P didn't need test audiences or concerned phone calls to motivate change. Did anybody complain about Reboot? We have clear insight into the changes made to that show before those scenes were broadcast.

What parent would complain about the colour of a fireball? That's the result of internal bickering.

Look at the Fox years, when violence in PR was a news item. The first dozen episodes have oddly edited fight scenes because the network decided it was still too violent. Wasserman was made to alter his score at the 'suggestion' of Tipper Gore's goons. Or the classic example, Lord Zedd's rework.

You just don't see that kind of external push for change in the Disney era. It's internal. They're not responding to soccer moms.

Appealing to them? Maybe. More than likely, it was their way of skewing younger like we saw with Samurai. In a sense, it's an appeal to parental sensabilities, if a kid doesn't control the remote.
Zeo Cereal is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2018, 11:51 AM #107
> Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

PineapplePizza wrote: View Post

Didnít they throw it on ABC Kids which was a stupid mistake because ABC Kids was more edutainment stuff?
No, it was a stupid mistake because of constant pre-emptions. How many times did sport get in the way or affiliates move it to 5am to make way for newscasts? That's one thing I'm sure everyone was glad to see the back of when Samurai came along.
Digifiend is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2018, 12:22 PM #108
> SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger

SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger

I'm like 99% sure that RPM was exiled to the ABC Kids 11:00 AM death slot was due to Disney's apathy.
SonicBlueRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2018, 12:43 PM #109
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

SonicBlueRanger wrote: View Post

I'm like 99% sure that RPM was exiled to the ABC Kids 11:00 AM death slot was due to Disney's apathy.
Yeah, timeslot kajiggering is a classic contractual obligation move.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2018, 06:10 AM #110
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

It's no wonder that RPM got screwed by the network.
AdrenalineRush is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2018, 06:25 AM #111
> RiffRanger
Justice For No One

RiffRanger
Justice For No One

There were big markets in the country that never got to see RPM because of preemption. The lucky markets were the ones where the affiliates put the show on at 6:00 in the morning. Luckily Iím in one of those markets and had a DVR to record it.
RiffRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2018, 07:34 AM #112
> rb123
Corinth Ranger

rb123
Corinth Ranger

For Suffolk County, New York, RPM came on at noon on Saturdays. I was very lucky. That's a great time for me, because I don't have to get up early

The future of Power Rangers with Hasbro has me feeling very optimistic. This has the potential to be the very best time for Power Rangers in its history. When Saban bought back the brand in 2011, I was optimistic too, but this feeling is stronger.
rb123 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2018, 08:04 AM #113
> big smile
VIP Rider

big smile
VIP Rider

One thing to note is that RPM didn't do that much worse in the ratings than Jungle Fury (at least not at the start, I can't remember what happened towards the end). In fact, I think the premier had slightly higher ratings than JF. So that's pretty impressive considering most of the country didn't get to see it.
Old September 6th, 2018, 08:30 AM #114
> PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

big smile wrote: View Post

One thing to note is that RPM didn't do that much worse in the ratings than Jungle Fury (at least not at the start, I can't remember what happened towards the end). In fact, I think the premier had slightly higher ratings than JF. So that's pretty impressive considering most of the country didn't get to see it.
Yep

http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/prstu...ings_mmv2.html

Someone made a really nifty graph.

Operation Overdrive started with the highest ratings of Disneyís last 4 years but showed the greatest decline

RPM started out with better ratings than Jungle Fury but then dropped off

And MMPR v2 had worse ratings than RPM

Also Iím not sure exactly how ratings and shares works (viewership figures makes more sense to me) but it appears Ninja Storm had the best ratings of the Disney seasons
Old September 6th, 2018, 11:32 AM #115
> big smile
VIP Rider

big smile
VIP Rider

Tv ratings declined in general during the Disney era, so Ninja Storms ratings aren't probably that significant. However, I believe Disney gave the show a big push, so that might have had something to do with it.
Old September 6th, 2018, 12:15 PM #116
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

rb123 wrote: View Post

For Suffolk County, New York, RPM came on at noon on Saturdays. I was very lucky. That's a great time for me, because I don't have to get up early
I'm in Westchester County. So I was lucky too.

I don't know about you, but Wild Force was the only season where episodes would sometimes air at times different from the regular. It was like, one week it was at times other than the regular, and the normal times the next week, and that pattern would continue. At least it was still in the mornings though, and not some stupid time like 5am or 6pm. They just never deviated from the normal times with Ninja Storm where ABC Kids always had first-run status, and not with RPM either.
Storm Eagle is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2018, 12:16 PM #117
> Mr Tuesday II
I Lie, I Cheat, I Steal!

Mr Tuesday II
I Lie, I Cheat, I Steal!

big smile wrote: View Post

Tv ratings declined in general during the Disney era, so Ninja Storms ratings aren't probably that significant. However, I believe Disney gave the show a big push, so that might have had something to do with it.
I remember Ninja Storm having tv screens in Toys R Us stores showing sneak peak of Episode 1 a good month before it premiered. Disney wanted people to know it was coming.
Mr Tuesday II is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2018, 03:22 AM #118
> Pixelated Prophet

Pixelated Prophet

What do you think will come first Kyuranger or lupat after beast morphers is done How would Lupvpat work in america. We don't have a phantom thieves equivalent. Kyuranger obviously has the bigger collectables but i don't think balls beat cool and different looking vehicles, We are getting both though because Hashbro wouldn't turn down 10+ranger figures. plus cool vs vehicles.
Pixelated Prophet is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2018, 07:01 AM #119
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

It's... too early to say. This season hasn't even come out yet so we don't really know how Hasbro's gonna roll everything out.
Cuchulainn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2018, 07:03 AM #120
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

Pixelated Prophet wrote: View Post

What do you think will come first Kyuranger or lupat after beast morphers is done How would Lupvpat work in america. We don't have a phantom thieves equivalent. Kyuranger obviously has the bigger collectables but i don't think balls beat cool and different looking vehicles, We are getting both though because Hashbro wouldn't turn down 10+ranger figures. plus cool vs vehicles.
Yeah, we do. Phantom Thieves have been in American cinema for years. They're referred to as "Gentlemen Thieves", and they're not as popular as in Japan, but they're definitely found in media.

I would say the decision is going to depend on how Beast Morphers does, and what sells best. ToQGer and Zyuohger are both still on the table as well.
Dukemon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote