Power Ranger

PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

jsmoothsoulbeats wrote: View Post

Sombody at Disney would've convenced them to keep going
No they wouldnít have

or Add Power Rangers into the MCU (Which would have been too great
That wasnít going to happen. Ever

Disney did not want the brand. It was an unwanted stepchild in their acquisition of Fox Family Worldwide (which is what Disney wanted). I donít think Disney immediately dismissed it but it became clear they grew disdainful toward. Multiple people wh worked on the Disney era, including Eddie Guzelian
confirmed this.

The brand would have festered and died under Disney
PineapplePizza is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2018, 11:48 AM #202
> RiffRanger
Justice For No One

RiffRanger
Justice For No One

jsmoothsoulbeats wrote: View Post

Sombody at Disney would've convenced them to keep going or Add Power Rangers into the MCU (Which would have been too great) Sure, we most likly would have gone 3 to 5 years without Power Rangers but honestly not having samurai through Megaforce woudn't HURT the brand. or they could have Skipped Samurai and came Back with Gokaiger on the 20th and made a actaul GOOD season with that awesome footage.
I agree everything is well in the end but that doesn't deserve praise. Anyone ever seen the RPM Episode Heros Among Us? Watch IT
Disney was never going to add Power Rangers to the MCU. I mean...that shouldn't need to be explained to you. Again, Disney cancelled the show and then agreed to sell the brand for almost nothing. They didn't want it. They were never going to want it.
RiffRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old September 9th, 2018, 01:00 PM #203
> FET-Kun
Dude In A Terriermon Suit

FET-Kun

I've been gone for a few days.

How's this thread going, everyone?
FET-Kun is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2018, 01:17 PM #204
> Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

FET-Kun wrote: View Post

I've been gone for a few days.

How's this thread going, everyone?
Xenotome is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old September 9th, 2018, 01:30 PM #205
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

But it actually *is* fine now.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2018, 01:35 PM #206
> FET-Kun

FET-Kun

Pfff, "fine" is a theoretical social construct, made by humans to enforce a false sense of control.
Old September 9th, 2018, 01:41 PM #207
> Judge Joker
#PureEvilBaby

Judge Joker
#PureEvilBaby

FET-Kun wrote: View Post

Pfff, "fine" is a theoretical social construct, made by humans to enforce a false sense of control.
Youíre theoretical.
Judge Joker is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2018, 05:12 PM #208
> FET-Kun

FET-Kun

Judge Joker wrote: View Post

Youíre theoretical.
Old September 9th, 2018, 05:49 PM #209
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Titanium321 wrote: View Post

Carter is one of those former rangers who is still clearly active that I'd like to see again. I think it'd be kind of funny to do a Lightspeed epilogue that ends with Carter and company making contact with an alien police organization about setting up shop on earth.
I know, jumping into the fanfic area really but whatever.
Yeah, in my head I'd see Carter take Mitchell's place as commander of LS. Sure, it'd mostly be inactive but they'd still do some rescue op stuff now and again even if there weren't any demons or monsters needing full time combat. And him and the other original LS rangers would have new powers, similar in vein but something along the lines of Crimson, Navy, Magenta(best I could think for a 'darker' pink), Emerald, etc etc. But only for true emergencies, while the new LS recruits would have the original powers since they're the normal, 'standard' LS.

Really it would make some sense in a way; creating a relationship between an intergalactic police force and Earth's government ranger program. Eventually it'd just fold into it down the line. But yeah, fanfic fodder but still fun to think about if they were willing to try and make some kinda cohesive universal story of sorts.

RiffRanger wrote: View Post

So your preference was Disney who only managed to produce a decent show through mind-boggling apathy? They did the bare minimum with the brand for almost 10 years and then cancelled the show. You realize we'd likely have no Power Rangers at all right now if Disney didn't sell the brand, right? Saban saw the brand sitting around on Disney's shelves and bought it for pennies with the intention of flipping it for a profit. Like I said, they showed no ambition whatsoever for improving the quality of the show, but that wasn't their goal. There was no reason to take any risks because they didn't intend to keep it. It seems their goal all along was not to be amazingly successful in any endeavor but, rather, to show that the brand could function in multiple formats and COULD be amazingly successful in the hands of a company with more ambition. You can call this greedy all you want but it worked like a god damn charm. Saban bought the brand for under $100 million, which is next to nothing, and turned around and sold it for over half a billion dollars. It's now in the hands of a company with more ambition and much more potential for growing it than Saban could ever dream of. Bitch all you want but this is exactly what was supposed to happen.
I mean yeah, for all that most of the Neo Saban era has been unpleasant in my book, I can't really fault that Saban killed it in boosting PR's image. I mean it's at cons, hell they were in Thanksgiving Day parades. That was something that blew my mind when it first happened. Sure, it's not a big deal exactly, just suit actors and all, but it's the kind of 'public eye' that PR hadn't had since it's heyday. Then came the comics, the movie, and yeah selling to Hasbro and while that's still a mystery in terms of whether it'll turn out for the better, hopefully it just wont be for the worst.

Not to mention the merchandising. Regardless of whether or not you hate or are just tired of MMPR, I feel you still can't argue that the merchandising has been pretty awesome. Where for years it's basically been just the show figures and nothing more, we started getting collector lines, Saban was getting into the blind box toys which are still at least somewhat popular, and I was seeing PR merchandise up front in places like Target and all which hadn't happen in...ages at least for me. Hell, we got fruit snacks for the movie. Stupid, but it's the kinda thing that just stands out to me in terms of PR's brand recognition or at least trying to make it grow. Been pretty cool, I definitely hope Hasbro can continue the trend for sure.

Last edited by Alitain; September 9th, 2018 at 05:49 PM.
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2018, 10:38 AM #210
> QueenBee9
Power Ranger

QueenBee9
Power Ranger

I was just thinking, wouldn't Power Rangers SPD be a cool opportunity to do a team outside of MMPR? There is an opportunity with the idea that these Rangers are crimefighters and detectives so it could take the show in a much darker direction.
QueenBee9 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2018, 02:48 PM #211
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

QueenBee9 wrote: View Post

I was just thinking, wouldn't Power Rangers SPD be a cool opportunity to do a team outside of MMPR? There is an opportunity with the idea that these Rangers are crimefighters and detectives so it could take the show in a much darker direction.
Darker and realistic doesn't always equal better. I think the show's tone is fine where it's at tonally. Even SPD still maintained a light and fun tone during most of it's run.
GrumpyBookworm is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2018, 02:49 PM #212
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

darker
Please no.
Old September 10th, 2018, 02:54 PM #213
> Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

The desire for Power Rangers to get "Much Darker" is so silly because this show is still a show made for 8 year olds at max. Power Rangers got as dark as they'd ever get with Wild Force's backstory.
Xenotome is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2018, 03:00 PM #214
> Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

Xenotome wrote: View Post

The desire for Power Rangers to get "Much Darker" is so silly because this show is still a show made for 8 year olds at max. Power Rangers got as dark as they'd ever get with Wild Force's backstory.
I'd say RPM kinda has it beat with the end of the world.
Poweranimals is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2018, 03:31 PM #215
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Xenotome wrote: View Post

The desire for Power Rangers to get "Much Darker" is so silly because this show is still a show made for 8 year olds at max.
that only cuz the producers wont let it be good like dc & marvel

Poweranimals wrote: View Post

I'd say RPM kinda has it beat with the end of the world.
Not especially, given the comprehension of such massive destruction takes great maturity.

Though, I still agree with RPM by the simplicity of Summer's butler and Scott's brother dying right in front of them.
Old September 10th, 2018, 03:38 PM #216
> RiffRanger
Justice For No One

RiffRanger
Justice For No One

Iíd definitely say on-screen deaths that arenít later reversed is the darkest Power Rangers has ever been.
RiffRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2018, 03:49 PM #217
> PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

Lost Galaxy had a 10-year old murdered on-screen

Also slave labor camp where they didnít so much imply people were being worked to their deaths as much as they outright showed you
PineapplePizza is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2018, 04:02 PM #218
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

PineapplePizza wrote: View Post

Lost Galaxy had a 10-year old murdered on-screen
How do we know Zika wasn't 300 years old?
Old September 10th, 2018, 04:04 PM #219
> GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

They sort of showed Jayden's father dying in Samurai.
GokaiGold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2018, 07:49 PM #220
> Windgrail
Legacy Warnut

Windgrail
Legacy Warnut

We don't need dark and gritty- we just need something fun, engaging & adventurous with fleshed out characters whose actions tell the story, and where the audience gets emotionally engaged at the struggles or fun the character has. That, and every character needs to wear toys available at a store near you.

Preston: "Windgrail said we should have characters whose actions tell the story!"
Windgrail is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote