Home Menu

Menu

Old September 9th, 2018, 12:39 AM #181
> Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

jsmoothsoulbeats wrote: View Post

Japan barely knows what good game period are anymore. I think they stopped caring in the PS2 era and everybody owns handhelds over there, consoles were almost dead. FF15 and Persona 5 pretty much saved Console gaming in Japan. But back to the topic.
Japan makes like 40% of modern games... but sure...

That's a bad thing.... you know what I'm trying to point out. I wouldn't be surprised if Saban turned down offers for the license because they wanted to make a T Rated game, he's that dumb. All DBZ games were rated T and those games kept Dragonball popular while it was off the air.
There is no license to turn down because Bandai Namco held it. If they don't want to make a game they're not making the game... and if they're not willing to make a solid Sentai game they're sure as hell not doing it for Power Rangers.

FF15 wanted to pay tribute to 2017 Power Rangers with their free suit updates. Guess who stopped free promotion in a game that sold 8 million copies....? SABAN
No. FF15 wanted to pay tribute to Super Sentai. The ones who stopped them were Toei. If it was Saban, they could of kept the design as is in Asia. They did not.

Aight. That's the wrap up. Decade posted while I was posting...
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2018, 01:30 AM #182
> ϟDecade
FINAL KAMEN ATTACK FORM RIDE: OWNER

Decade
FINAL KAMEN ATTACK FORM RIDE: OWNER

Because it's exactly as Xenotome has pointed out. You're just shouting opinions. If you're really on about what Hasbro can do, then get back on topic on that discussion rather than trashing Saban & what's been done in the past with inaccurate facts & lack of sources.

Otherwise you're going to lose access to another discussion thread.
Decade is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2018, 01:40 AM #183
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

It's safe to say it was small and got big after Ninja Storm but to say it was small and got Smaller with seasons like SPD Mystic force was all that CGI and RPM with like 90% original footage being the smaller part... no, you are misinformed.
The episode count from that point on was reduced twice, so with that comes reduced budget. Being more creative with the money is what you saw, such as Greg Aronowitz paying for Isinia Cruger's costume with his own money or she wouldn't have appeared because Disney wouldn't foot the bill.

It was indeed getting smaller, no greater proof being Disney completely canceled the show eventually simply because they felt like it. That's not what you do with big brands.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2018, 03:00 AM #184
> Jus1995
Power Ranger

Jus1995
Power Ranger

Possible Sequel Seasons?

Given the success of Dino Force Brave in Korea, I'm wondering how long it'll be until we have a US/NZ-original sequel series in roughly the same vein.

Question is, which series has intact suits? Toei's tricky with that.

It could help tie up loose ends, maybe add new characters to interact with the original cast, etc; Or it could be more standalone, but with subtle nods to the original (Dino Thunder did this brilliantly).

Considering we occasional had original Zord footage (MMPR Season 2 & 3, Lost Galaxy, SPD, Dino Charge and Ninja Super Steel's 25th Anniversary Special), I'm imagining it wouldn't be cheap. But still neat.

Last edited by Jus1995; September 9th, 2018 at 03:17 AM.
Jus1995 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2018, 03:50 AM #185
> big smile
VIP Rider

big smile
VIP Rider

I think a sequel series is unlikely mainly because they've got a backlog of Sentai seasons to adapt.

But we've had some really strange things happen lately, so anything could happen...
big smile is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old September 9th, 2018, 06:25 AM #186
> Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Xenotome wrote: View Post

When it comes to comics, I'm sorry that the companies that licensed the property (Marvel among them) didn't put out good stories. Saban can't help that those companies didn't put good teams together for them. When they reacquired the show they jumped right onto comics with Papercutz, which were fine... but then Boom came into the picture which the Saban team has been working VERY close with. Did Disney do comics?
Yes, they did - in Europe.

http://www.parkproductions.co.uk/zeo.../prmaglist.htm
Digifiend is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2018, 06:28 AM #187
> SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger

SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger

Not taking risks and improving the show with all that money it was making RUINED everything. That's ALL on SABAN. Jason Zack, Trini, screwing over Zedd, Alien Rangers.... Nijnjors Voice.... lol
Lol what? Season 3 is where Power Rangers starts it's baby steps to get away from how the first 2 seasons were done? It's easily the best of the MMPR era. What are you on about?
SonicBlueRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old September 9th, 2018, 06:29 AM #188
> RiffRanger
Justice For No One

RiffRanger
Justice For No One

Disney had zero aspirations for the show. Saban Brands’ apparently had aspirations to flip the brand and sell it for a profit, which clearly they did. You can call that greed, I suppose, especially given how little effort they put into the quality of the show. However, their intention was to expand the brand into other media in order to make it attractive to potential buyers. That’s why we got a big budget movie, comic book franchise, multiple mobile apps including the fairly ambitious Legacy Wars, and a huge expansion of merchandise licensing to the point where you can find as many MMPR products in 2018 as you could in 1994. Yeah, the show has various degrees of sucked since 2011 but the show wasn’t their primary focus. All they had to do was maintain it as one part of a large portfolio of outlets for the brand so they could present it to buyers saying “look at all of the potential for growth in all of these areas.” That may be greedy in a way but it’s also good business.
RiffRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2018, 08:37 AM #189
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

Jus1995 wrote: View Post

Given the success of Dino Force Brave in Korea, I'm wondering how long it'll be until we have a US/NZ-original sequel series in roughly the same vein.
Probably never. It's self competition at the highest level but also technically a violation of the toei agreement and ultimately breaks the formula. It worked for Korea because they had only been getting dubbed Sentai or Power Rangers series, this was essentially their version of Power Rangers, a localized adaptation of the sentai but also actually tied to the sentai. It's the hybrid of the hybrid. I do wonder how well it actually did since they haven't tried it again.

It could help tie up loose ends, maybe add new characters to interact with the original cast, etc; Or it could be more standalone, but with subtle nods to the original (Dino Thunder did this brilliantly).
In the Dino Force vein though, it's just a remake doing the job of a sequel with new casts and quick flashbacks to explain story connections but otherwise being its own thing.

I can't think of too many series that need loose ends tying up worth the money to produce an original series over, even if it is also a 15 minute episode series. None that really make sense to do a sequel to now at least.

On one hand the idea is cool, and would be neat to see, but on the other hand I just don't feel the need for it as a full sequel series and see a lot of logistic problems with it.

However, what would be kind of fun would be Hasbro tossing the older fans a bone with a web series following the further adventures of older teams, especially after the anniversary episode implied there were some unseen adventures happening with old crew. Get some older actors, give them a quick and cheap to shoot one shot about where they are now, reuse old props sitting around, release it during hiatuses, call it Legends and there you go.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2018, 08:47 AM #190
> Champ
Lupin Red!

Champ
Lupin Red!

I've been thinking... since Hasbro took over, will Austin St. John willing to come back to Power Rangers for the next anniversary? I know Saban treated him and others bad in the past, but Saban is no longer to be active.

I really hope people in Hasbro for PR treats the actors well.
Champ is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2018, 08:52 AM #191
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Titanium321 wrote: View Post

However, what would be kind of fun would be Hasbro tossing the older fans a bone with a web series following the further adventures of older teams, especially after the anniversary episode implied there were some unseen adventures happening with old crew. Get some older actors, give them a quick and cheap to shoot one shot about where they are now, reuse old props sitting around, release it during hiatuses, call it Legends and there you go.
Always thought it'd be neat to see where teams like LR or even TF are. Sure, we have Hyperforce as a kind of future, but logistically for LR it's been awhile. From a government agency standpoint it'd make sense to see a new group taking up the LR mantle with the originals retiring from active duty or maybe being given new powers for if they need to morph, but the original LR going to a new group that maybe one or more of the originals help train.

But yeah, some webisodes or something about what older teams are doing nowadays would be fun to see and a great way to keep us older fans engaged.

Champ wrote: View Post

I've been thinking... since Hasbro took over, will Austin St. John willing to come back to Power Rangers for the next anniversary? I know Saban treated him and others bad in the past, but Saban is no longer to be active.

Depends on the dollar signs probably. If Hasbro is willing to pay right, they probably will if they can.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2018, 09:01 AM #192
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

Champ wrote: View Post

I think we have the story they tell us for why some actors don't come back when the opportunity arises, and we have the stories they don't tell us to save face. ASJ strikes me as having a lot of save face stories when it comes to the fandom or the show itself.

Alitain wrote: View Post

Always thought it'd be neat to see where teams like LR or even TF are. Sure, we have Hyperforce as a kind of future, but logistically for LR it's been awhile. From a government agency standpoint it'd make sense to see a new group taking up the LR mantle with the originals retiring from active duty or maybe being given new powers for if they need to morph, but the original LR going to a new group that maybe one or more of the originals help train.
Carter is one of those former rangers who is still clearly active that I'd like to see again. I think it'd be kind of funny to do a Lightspeed epilogue that ends with Carter and company making contact with an alien police organization about setting up shop on earth.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2018, 09:37 AM #193
> AkaCornSnackEtc
14 Days :(

AkaCornSnackEtc
14 Days :(

But how about make good video games.....
So adapt Ex-Aid for next Power Rangers?
AkaCornSnackEtc is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2018, 11:10 AM #194
> Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

I can't prise them for that. I just can't
Why? You don't actually put forth any reasoning for any of this. You just say it should be this way.
Old September 9th, 2018, 11:25 AM #195
> RiffRanger
Justice For No One

RiffRanger
Justice For No One

Honestly I been thinking about that, their are tons of HD Kamen Rider shows.

So your preference was Disney who only managed to produce a decent show through mind-boggling apathy? They did the bare minimum with the brand for almost 10 years and then cancelled the show. You realize we'd likely have no Power Rangers at all right now if Disney didn't sell the brand, right? Saban saw the brand sitting around on Disney's shelves and bought it for pennies with the intention of flipping it for a profit. Like I said, they showed no ambition whatsoever for improving the quality of the show, but that wasn't their goal. There was no reason to take any risks because they didn't intend to keep it. It seems their goal all along was not to be amazingly successful in any endeavor but, rather, to show that the brand could function in multiple formats and COULD be amazingly successful in the hands of a company with more ambition. You can call this greedy all you want but it worked like a god damn charm. Saban bought the brand for under $100 million, which is next to nothing, and turned around and sold it for over half a billion dollars. It's now in the hands of a company with more ambition and much more potential for growing it than Saban could ever dream of. Bitch all you want but this is exactly what was supposed to happen.
RiffRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2018, 11:27 AM #196
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

But everything that you've been talking has had to do with wasted potential.

Saban Brands vastly expanded PR's potential for marketability, allowing for it to have the movie and the comic books and HyperForce that you keep comparing the current show's storytelling to in the first place, and that means nothing?
Old September 9th, 2018, 11:27 AM #197
> PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

^

Haim Saban was Zordon all along
PineapplePizza is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2018, 11:30 AM #198
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

PineapplePizza wrote: View Post

Haim Saban was Zordon all along
Well, he did play his master plan close to the vest, and losing him has given us way more Power Rangers seasons than we could dream of...
Old September 9th, 2018, 11:34 AM #199
> Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

Putting the show on auto pilot and dumbing it down is what i can't priase them for. And it's safe to say the comics are good because of Boom Studios wanted it to good and has a near Perfect editior. Jason and Messila do deserve Credit too though, love those guys
You mean the people from Saban?
Old September 9th, 2018, 11:44 AM #200
> Harpsikord
Prince of Evil

Harpsikord
Prince of Evil

Xenotome wrote: View Post

You mean the people from Saban?
Yeah I'd say that all the credit for the current state of the MMPR comic goes to Dafna, Michael, Kyle, and Marguerite.

There was no way Power Rangers was going to be added to the MCU. At all. Ever. Disney saw value in Marvel but not with Power Rangers, and certainly not enough to dilute the brand with something not even from Marvel comics.
Harpsikord is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote