Home Menu

Menu

Old May 27th, 2014, 08:11 PM #1
> tavionjackson
Power Ranger

tavionjackson
Power Ranger

Mortal Kombat

Any fans of mortal kombat? I love it, next to Mario af sonic it's the only video game that I play, I like the movies and shows. It's great in my opinion.
tavionjackson is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2014, 08:21 PM #2
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Count me as one, though I think there already exists an MK thread. If not, then there's the VG thread.

I'm still waiting impatiently for MK10. We need a followup after all the crap that went down in MK9.
Xalfrea is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2014, 08:24 PM #3
> Zeo-Gold92
'What's Cookin?'

Zeo-Gold92
'What's Cookin?'

I'm also a fan. So many fond memories growing up with the games. My uncle and I would play MK3 for countless hours on the Mega Drive. We definently need MK10 though, Ed Boon recently teased something didn't? There was also that thing with Kiefer Sutherland too.
Zeo-Gold92 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2014, 08:56 PM #4
> MegaBlue
Let's Rocket!

MegaBlue
Let's Rocket!

You know you're a die-hard MK fan when you remember the codes that enable the weird names on the Sega CD version of MK1 and Fergality (to say nothing of just who Fergality is supposed to emulate) on the Genesis version of MK2.

1, 2, and Trilogy were my favorites, up until the recent one for the 360. I even enjoyed MK/DC, but from the MK side of the story. My three go-to fighters for MK2 are Johnny Cage, Kitana, and Mileena, in that order.
MegaBlue is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2014, 09:02 PM #5
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

I never learned the codes of MK myself. Only one I ever did was the MK3 code for Smoke. At that time I remember being able to play as Smoke was the most awesome thing ever. But my main MK3 character was Cyrax and he remains to be one of my favorite characters and my favorite out of the 4 Cyber Ninjas.

But yeah MK3 was the first one I played, while I've only seen other people play 1 and 2. I never played 4 while Deadly Alliance-9 I've played. Also never played Mythologies, or Special Forces. Also have Trilogy for PS1, but I never played the various re-releases of 3, 4 or the portable editions of Deadly Alliance and Deception.

Didn't Injustice 2 recently be put on the table? I hope that won't delay MK10. Scorpion's design in Injustice was really good.
Old May 27th, 2014, 09:19 PM #6
> tavionjackson
Power Ranger

tavionjackson
Power Ranger

I know ed boon was giving hints about something on twitter at the beginning of this month leading up to June 2nd which is around the time E3 is coming on so maybe MK10. I hope so. One thing I would love is for Boon to redo sub zero mythologies.
tavionjackson is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2014, 09:37 PM #7
> Chiron723
Power Ranger

Chiron723
Power Ranger

I'm a fan. I suck at playing it but I'm a fan.

tavionjackson wrote: View Post

I know ed boon was giving hints about something on twitter at the beginning of this month leading up to June 2nd which is around the time E3 is coming on so maybe MK10. I hope so. One thing I would love is for Boon to redo sub zero mythologies.
I would love them to restart the Mytholigies series, starting with Sub-Zero of course.
Chiron723 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2014, 01:09 AM #8
> Zeo-Gold92
'What's Cookin?'

Zeo-Gold92
'What's Cookin?'

I'm close to having all the main line of games, just need 4 and Armageddon. I was surprised at the price I've seen 4 demand, quite high.
Old May 28th, 2014, 01:13 AM #9
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

4 demands a high price? Weird.

Then again, to me, 4 was that awkward middle child title, getting swept away in the transition period of 2D-3D games. Sure MK brought back fan-favorite Goro, but most of the new characters introduced were rather bland, and Shinnok I think was a major let down as a final boss compared to Shao Kahn.

I do rather like it though, canonically, Shinnok was the genre savvy one of the whole lot during Armageddon.
Old May 28th, 2014, 01:49 AM #10
> Zeo-Gold92
'What's Cookin?'

Zeo-Gold92
'What's Cookin?'

I was surprised too, it's not a favorite of mine by any means. It WAS the only MK game I ever got to play at an arcade though, which was cool. I remember them having a shroud curtain type thing around it. I still remain mixed on Armageddon though, I remember the hype and following it up til release what it promised and wanted to do, particularly create your own fatality. I went away feeling let down.
Old May 28th, 2014, 02:00 AM #11
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Personally I didn't find Armageddon to be all that bad. Its Konquest mode was probably the best out of the PS2 MK titles, and it actually felt like a final game.

Still though with MK9 starting off things with who the ultimate winner is of Armageddon, kind of a bummer way to end the original MK timeline.

With MK not being the strong title it once was I highly doubt we'll get anymore non-MK fighting games. Mythologies was meh, Special Forces was anything but Special. Shaolin Monks was alright but it did feel like that was meant to be a one-off.

I'd very much like another Sub-Zero game again, this time revolving around more between the two brothers and the Lin Kuei. Seeing human Cyrax and Sektor in MK9 was pretty interesting.
Old May 28th, 2014, 02:53 AM #12
> Zeo-Gold92
'What's Cookin?'

Zeo-Gold92
'What's Cookin?'

I could dig that, having another stand-alone "action" MK game based on those characters. Scorpion is my all-time favorite mk character though. Speaking of action mk action-adventure games or w.e you'd like to call it I feel it would be possible to create one that is a worthwhile entry into the franchise. With how technology is at the moment and how netherrealm studios seem to be re-energised and pumped about making enjoyable additions. I think it has more of a chance. Guh I just want a new MK game, gimme gimme MK10! . I'd be disappointed if the reveal was Injustice 2. The only thing that would I guess ease it a bit would be if this rumor I read turned out to be true. Something about certain Marvel characters popping up, apart of the rumor mentioned that WB could use them based on w.e license was given for the Lego Marvel game. I think that be a pretty cool thing to have, so long as the roster was balanced. I mean who would you add? Definently would want to see Spider-Man and Iron Man. Thor and The Hulk.
Old May 28th, 2014, 03:06 AM #13
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Mortal Kombat's story mythos is perhaps my favorite out of all fighting games's stories, but I don't think they actually started paying major attention to its story until 4 and/or Deadly Alliance. Probably because its when Deadly Alliance happened that the story actually got much more complex instead of Shang Tsung and Shao Kahn just wanting to take over the world and other realms.

My Top 10 MK characters from #10-#1:
Onaga, Ermac, Johnny Cage, Smoke, Sonya, Shao Kahn, Cyrax, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Noob Saibot

My Top 10 worst MK characters from #10-#1
Raiden, Jarek, Nitara, Blaze, Drahmin, Darrius, Kobra, Frost, Meat, Mokap
Old May 28th, 2014, 03:21 AM #14
> Zeo-Gold92
'What's Cookin?'

Zeo-Gold92
'What's Cookin?'

A character I'd like to see return would be probably Movado and I think Reiko deserves another shot. I think he could be done better. And Movado I've liked regardless at people saying that he is just a rip off of Kabal.

thinking of a top 10 from #10 to #1
Sonya, jax,Kenshi, Shang Tsung, Smoke, Cyrax, Johnny Cage, Sub Zero, Kung Lao Scorpion.

never really thought of a top 10 worst for me.
no doubt meat and mokap would be on there and probably frost and nitara. I actually didnt mind Jarek.
Old May 28th, 2014, 03:27 AM #15
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

The thing about Jarek was that he had NOTHING unique about him. IIRC he was a Kano clone in 4. By the time they did make him unique in Armageddon, it was too late. Reason I put Raiden on the list is because, while he does have good characteristics about him, he's kind of a screwup. Screwed up Deadly Alliance, screwed up Deception, screwed up Armageddon, and screwed up 9.

Which is why I'm hoping that MK10 will have the 4 characters, and possibly some of Deadly Alliance and Deception, at the forefront this time. With the way MK9's story ended it can provide many opportunities.

Story mode wise, of course. The characters that died can still be playable in arcade mode and whatnot.
Old May 28th, 2014, 03:37 AM #16
> Zeo-Gold92
'What's Cookin?'

Zeo-Gold92
'What's Cookin?'

If MK10 is announced what characters would you like to see appear from other things, like how Freddy Kruegar popped up as a DLC and Kratos was in the PS3 version. I wouldn't mind seeing Raiden from MGS he has a sword and is already a cyborg ninja, perfect!
Old May 28th, 2014, 03:51 AM #17
> seiya
Zyu2 aficionado

seiya
Zyu2 aficionado

I would love for a perfect version of trilogy containing all the characters from all the versions including the PS1 version of trilogy to be released with the right music tracks for all the stages, not the crap we got. Mmm, salivating.
seiya is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2014, 04:07 AM #18
> OmniMystechRanger
SPECIAL MODERATOR, LORD, MASTER & BOSS OF STUPID UGLY FACE: GREENBEASTFIST & HASSO PRIMO

OmniMystechRanger
SPECIAL MODERATOR, LORD, MASTER & BOSS OF STUPID UGLY FACE: GREENBEASTFIST & HASSO PRIMO

I like to see a new Mortal Kombat vs Dc Universe sequal game, but with new characters!
OmniMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2014, 07:18 AM #19
> Blue Knightwolf
Banned

Blue Knightwolf
Banned

OmniverseRanger wrote: View Post

I like to see a new Mortal Kombat vs Dc Universe sequal game, but with new characters!
Considering NRS is now owned by WB that might have a very good of happening. My only complaint about MKvsDC was that it should have been its own series and not officially labeled MK8.
Blue Knightwolf is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2014, 07:59 AM #20
> evilstarlegacy
Power Ranger

evilstarlegacy
Power Ranger

Jarek and Tanya were originally Kitana and Kano before they decided they needed more new characters. That's why they were clones.

I'm a huge Mortal Kombat fan. Before Armageddon's release I did a huge "Character of the Week" thing (with full bios and pictures) on IGN's Mortal Kombat board. I've been a fan ever since I saw my cousin play Mortal Kombat 2.

I cannot wait to see what they do with the 2011 story for the sequel. With Shinnok and Quan Chi now in control of a huge army of deceased warriors, they're in a much better position than they were in the original timeline. I hope they'll do like MK2011 and show us the second trilogy's new timeline. By including characters from 4, Deadly Alliance and Deception they can have a wider cast of characters to choose from. Who doesn't want to see an HD redesign of Fujin, Reiko, Mavado, Havik, Hotaru and Dairou?

Before this gets out of hand, I'm going to add that I'm not one of those "fans" that hate everything after MK3. I find some of the second trilogy's characters to be very interesting and I hope they can revisit them and make them shine, just like they did with Stryker in MK2011(My favorite character in Trilogy aswell as 2011).

My best characters to play as are Stryker, Kano, Noob Saibot and Rain.
evilstarlegacy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote