Home Menu

Menu


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 22nd, 2019, 01:53 PM #3401
screamqueen's Avatar
> screamqueen
Power Ranger
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 761
screamqueen
Power Ranger
screamqueen's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 761



Trey-El wrote: View Post

We're talking about the same show that had Evolt killing people left and right after Black Hole, the Rogue specials which are brutal due to Gentoku's transformation into Rogue, and a show where experimentation is the norm and deaths happen and are made light of. Ryuga's torture and Yui on fire doesn't break the Camel's back here.
The Rogue specials were even worse! I just can't see why these can't feel more like an episode of the show than trying to make them into something the show never was. IMO the "best" V-Cinema so far is Knuckle and that's because it expands on things from the show and answers questions that were already there - e.g. "what's going to happen to Zack now?" "how is he affected by his injuries/the loss of his best friend?" rather than trying to change everything we knew from the TV series. It's like how the Sentai Returns V-Cinemas were just like the show whereas the Stinger one desperately wanted to take itself seriously and in the process became something that was not Kyoryuger. Cross-Z, for better or worse was in the second category

Last edited by screamqueen; May 22nd, 2019 at 02:14 PM.
screamqueen is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2019, 09:46 AM #3402
> GokaiGold
Frozen Passion
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 6,344
GokaiGold
Frozen Passion
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 6,344



screamqueen wrote: View Post

I don't, but a whole movie like that is too much. Cross-Z was not as bad as some in that regard , but bad enough
Again, it's like you didn't watch the movie. The movie starts with Sento and Banjou recapping the show in their same comedic fashion, Banjou selling Sento's junk and being yelled at by a child, Killbus copying a dancer and in general chewing scenery, Evol in general, Gentoku and Kazumin joking about Utsumi not being back. But the movie still had drama. Which is basically how Build operated. Tons of drama and character focus, but eccentric characters that joked about the things that happened.

screamqueen wrote: View Post

How are you getting any of this out of what I've said? Ryuuga isn't even dating Yui in the ending but that's irrelevant. My point is that he already has a "best match", he can meet a new person without them trying to make out that now she is his best match and having her taking Sento's place in scenes that previously involved Sento. It's like if a movie about Philip had a new character waltz in and get called Philip's partner and do all the stuff that Shoutarou does with him, or a movie about Kick Hopper had him pick up a new "little brother" with repetitions of scenes that previously involved Kageyama ... although that one would be more justified since Kageyama's dead whereas Sento is right there
I'm assuming that is what you think since she you feel like them joking about Yui being best match somehow replaces Sento. Despite everything in the movie not supporting that. But for some reason you seemed to ignore it. Oh, but someone was in danger in front of Banjou. A position only for Sento to have. Ignore the scene of Banjou going on speech about how Sento taught him to be a hero, ignore the movie showing a montage of them at the end. All of it is negated because Gen made a joke.


screamqueen wrote: View Post

It had that awful filter, a couple of scenes that were OTT for shock factor (Ryuuga getting tortured, Yui being set on fire) and just too much angst/drama for me. I don't think it was representative of the show
How was the scene with Banjou any more intense than the experiment scenes in the show? With people in a tube of water writhing in pain.
GokaiGold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2019, 10:57 AM #3403
screamqueen's Avatar
> screamqueen
Power Ranger
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 761
screamqueen
Power Ranger
screamqueen's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 761



GokaiGold wrote: View Post

Again, it's like you didn't watch the movie. The movie starts with Sento and Banjou recapping the show in their same comedic fashion, Banjou selling Sento's junk and being yelled at by a child, Killbus copying a dancer and in general chewing scenery, Evol in general, Gentoku and Kazumin joking about Utsumi not being back. But the movie still had drama. Which is basically how Build operated. Tons of drama and character focus, but eccentric characters that joked about the things that happened.
I disagree, but you're entitled to your view


GokaiGold wrote: View Post

Oh, but someone was in danger in front of Banjou. A position only for Sento to have.
I didn't say that, and you know it. I wouldn't have minded it had they not been deliberate imitations of scenes that previously involved Sento. Again, it's like if a movie repeated important scenes from the show but with a thinly drawn new character in Shoutarou or Godai or Ankh's place next to Philip or Ichijou or Eiji. If the new character is supposed to be important, give them their own role, don't cast them in someone else's - especially not one of the most iconic duos of the franchise


GokaiGold wrote: View Post

How was the scene with Banjou any more intense than the experiment scenes in the show? With people in a tube of water writhing in pain.
Those were brief scenes. This one was over-long and gratuitous, same as the Yui on fire scene (and similar ones in other V-Cinemas e.g. Chase gorily ripping the feather out of his chest)


There are more scans about the Grease movie here: https://akkinews.net/archives/204729 I hadn't noticed this when the picture was originally posted but Misora is apparently now running a mobile coffee van called "Piccolo Nascita" , guess that's why she is in Hokuto?
screamqueen is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2019, 04:06 PM #3404
Akumaru's Avatar
> Akumaru
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,418
Akumaru
Power Ranger
Akumaru's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,418



^ The Grease scans seems pretty good, I wish we get Evolto back, honest is story in Build is amazing in every aspects in the season !!!
Akumaru is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2019, 04:39 PM #3405
AtoMan's Avatar
> AtoMan
Now read my post again
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,661
AtoMan
Now read my post again
AtoMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,661



Worth mentioning that other than
Prime Rogue and Mad Rogue, we also see Grease Blizzard on these scans. I guess they want to focus on why the new form is better than this.
AtoMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2019, 07:57 PM #3406
Allio's Avatar
> Allio
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 8,620
Allio
Power Ranger
Allio's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 8,620



Honestly with the Stinger special I felt it did the whole “solo ranger” special in comparison to others like boom’s pink ranger and soul of the dragon.

It didn’t have Stinger be the sole proprietor (like Tommy) but it didn’t make the team over whelm stinger’s focus (like pink)
Allio is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2019, 11:34 AM #3407
FerrousMaelstrom's Avatar
> FerrousMaelstrom
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 301
FerrousMaelstrom
Power Ranger
FerrousMaelstrom's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 301



I think Blizard is mostly back just because it's his movie. Cross-Z had Cross-Z Charge and Blood Stalk
FerrousMaelstrom is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2019, 03:00 PM #3408
screamqueen's Avatar
> screamqueen
Power Ranger
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 761
screamqueen
Power Ranger
screamqueen's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 761



FerrousMaelstrom wrote: View Post

I think Blizard is mostly back just because it's his movie. Cross-Z had Cross-Z Charge and Blood Stalk
It also has a connection to the Misora plot. He was originally killed and had that touching final scene with her because of Blizzard, and its colour is called "Misora-iro" in Japanese
screamqueen is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2019, 03:20 PM #3409
Akumaru's Avatar
> Akumaru
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,418
Akumaru
Power Ranger
Akumaru's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,418



screamqueen wrote: View Post

The Rogue specials were even worse! I just can't see why these can't feel more like an episode of the show than trying to make them into something the show never was. IMO the "best" V-Cinema so far is Knuckle and that's because it expands on things from the show and answers questions that were already there - e.g. "what's going to happen to Zack now?" "how is he affected by his injuries/the loss of his best friend?" rather than trying to change everything we knew from the TV series. It's like how the Sentai Returns V-Cinemas were just like the show whereas the Stinger one desperately wanted to take itself seriously and in the process became something that was not Kyoryuger. Cross-Z, for better or worse was in the second category
The Rogue Specials we basic see is trainning to he becames a Kamen Rider much more diferent from is version when Build started, because Rogue is much more the Anti-Hero Rider, which when he father was killed because he try to save him, Evolt destroyed him. the special could be part of the episosdes story, but all the purpose he is for he see is transformation for Kamen Rider
Akumaru is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2019, 03:39 AM #3410
moonknight2099's Avatar
> moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 826
moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!
moonknight2099's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 826



Wow kamen rider greases V-cinema is looking to be better than Cross'z, we get to see prime rogue and mad rogue henshin again, build and cross z and hopefully a conclusion to see if misora will end up with kazumi.

gotta say im loving Hazard form tank tank, seeing blizzard grease again is a bonus and Greases perfect kingdom form is just bad ass im tempted to try and get it, its a shame we cant get the hell brothers to return
moonknight2099 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2019, 05:07 AM #3411
screamqueen's Avatar
> screamqueen
Power Ranger
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 761
screamqueen
Power Ranger
screamqueen's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 761



^ Misora is almost guaranteed to end up with him because it's popular in Japan. That's IMO better than introducing a random love interest for him, but would send out a bad message since she so far hasn't shown any romantic interest in Kazumin - like suggesting she should fall for him because he saved her or just because he wants her
screamqueen is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2019, 08:19 AM #3412
AtoMan's Avatar
> AtoMan
Now read my post again
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,661
AtoMan
Now read my post again
AtoMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,661



Yeah, she respects him but there's no romantic chemistry between those two… unlike her and Banjou, but they seemingly forgot about that. Just like they forgot Banjou was the original T-Shirt Master (which is probably why his Rider name sounds like "Clothes", lol).
AtoMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2019, 12:21 PM #3413
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 82,585
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 82,585



moonknight2099 wrote: View Post

Wow kamen rider greases V-cinema is looking to be better than Cross'z
Not hard to do. >__>
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2019, 02:17 PM #3414
moonknight2099's Avatar
> moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 826
moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!
moonknight2099's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 826



Akumaru wrote: View Post

The Rogue Specials we basic see is trainning to he becames a Kamen Rider much more diferent from is version when Build started, because Rogue is much more the Anti-Hero Rider, which when he father was killed because he try to save him, Evolt destroyed him. the special could be part of the episosdes story, but all the purpose he is for he see is transformation for Kamen Rider
the reason we got a small v-cinema like episodes for rogue on the dvd's is because of the violence and blood, for me i loved the rogue little episodes

screamqueen wrote: View Post

^ Misora is almost guaranteed to end up with him because it's popular in Japan. That's IMO better than introducing a random love interest for him, but would send out a bad message since she so far hasn't shown any romantic interest in Kazumin - like suggesting she should fall for him because he saved her or just because he wants her
for me misora definatly has feelings for kazumi, she may not show it and I like her reasoning why she doesn't call him by his name is because if she does she is scared he will die,

so far looking forward to this v-cinema Evil build, evil smash and awesome suit for kazumi I was never much a fan of his past forms but this one I like
moonknight2099 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2019, 02:45 PM #3415
screamqueen's Avatar
> screamqueen
Power Ranger
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 761
screamqueen
Power Ranger
screamqueen's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 761



moonknight2099 wrote: View Post

for me misora definatly has feelings for kazumi, she may not show it and I like her reasoning why she doesn't call him by his name is because if she does she is scared he will die,
Being upset that he died doesn't mean she likes him romantically. She would have behaved the same way if it were Sento dying. Even in the Cross-Z movie after regaining her memories she was all "ugh, no," when he said it must be destiny for them to be together. It was way too one-sided in the show to suddenly become plausible in the movie, especially one where they'll likely spend a lot of the time separated because she was kidnapped. But, yeah, that's still better than introducing a new character for him to fall in love with like just about every other V-Cinema to date. It's even less plausible that he'd suddenly give up on "Mii-tan" and run off with someone he barely knows
screamqueen is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2019, 03:07 PM #3416
moonknight2099's Avatar
> moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 826
moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!
moonknight2099's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 826



either way looking forward to seeing it and having the crows back aswell is a bonus, for me I still ship kazumi/misora=kaszora, in the last ep she showed a lot of emotion mainly for kazumi, I wouldn't be surprised if that scene was drainable to film for the actors.
moonknight2099 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2019, 03:22 PM #3417
screamqueen's Avatar
> screamqueen
Power Ranger
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 761
screamqueen
Power Ranger
screamqueen's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 761



It's fitting enough in this case since Kazumin's fixation with "Mii-tan" was always a big part of his character but, still, it would be nice to see a V-Cinema with no love interest at all. Sadly it looks like that won't be Build
screamqueen is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2019, 03:36 PM #3418
> GokaiGold
Frozen Passion
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 6,344
GokaiGold
Frozen Passion
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 6,344



moonknight2099 wrote: View Post

in the last ep she showed a lot of emotion mainly for kazumi, I wouldn't be surprised if that scene was drainable to film for the actors.
Well, yeah they all did. She obviously cares for him, but also still thinks he's a creepy weirdo.

Last edited by GokaiGold; May 26th, 2019 at 03:48 PM.
GokaiGold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2019, 03:40 PM #3419
screamqueen's Avatar
> screamqueen
Power Ranger
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 761
screamqueen
Power Ranger
screamqueen's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 761



GokaiGold wrote: View Post

Well, yeah they all did. She obviously cares for him, but also still thinks he's a creepy weirdo.
I wonder if the famous body pillow will make a reappearance?
screamqueen is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old May 26th, 2019, 03:43 PM #3420
moonknight2099's Avatar
> moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 826
moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!
moonknight2099's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 826



sorry to ask but when is this v cinema being released

with the perfect kingdom adapter
moonknight2099 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Tags
αρε υο∪ ρεα∂υ, 60 dollar dirty shirt, drink kamen rider cola!, full bottle full wallet, gaymen rider, kamen rider neeeeeeeerd, science!!!!!, too much math

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:35 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.