Home Menu

Menu

Old May 16th, 2019, 01:13 PM #3381
> moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!

moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!

im loving the blades on the wrists liked that about the stag smash, I hope we get a decent fight with this suit I wonder if It can fly like owl hazard smash could, the only tank tank form we've had is the fullbottle tank tank form makes me wonder if its just as powerful or less than
moonknight2099 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2019, 01:44 PM #3382
> ⚡TuxedoK
Old School Mod Justice.

1 eBay
TuxedoK
Old School Mod Justice.

1 eBay

It's not what I was expecting, but to be fair I wasn't really sure what to expect from "Grease Perfect Kingdom."
So Interested in seeing it in action at least.
Though I really hope Sento just doesn't get his Build Driver jacked again in this movie.
TuxedoK is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2019, 02:51 PM #3383
> SmashZ
Power Ranger

SmashZ
Power Ranger

https://www.kamen-rider-official.com/columns/4

There are two new pseudo-Riders on the Build Rider list which can be seen on this official page - "Metal Build" and "Phantom Build". It's just names, but people generally seem to be assuming that the Hazard Tank Tank might be Metal Build and then Phantom Build would be yet another unseen Build variation from this movie.
SmashZ is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2019, 07:00 PM #3384
> tavionjackson
Power Ranger

tavionjackson
Power Ranger

Phantom build sounds cool. Maybe am all black rabbit tank
tavionjackson is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2019, 08:03 PM #3385
> GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

Now we have Phantom Crusher.
GokaiGold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2019, 09:14 PM #3386
> ⚡GreenNinja
Ninja of the Future

GreenNinja
Ninja of the Future

Working the Crows into Grease Perfect is a nice character decision, but it does make one realize how understated Rogue Prime is compared to his contemporaries when it comes to power ups.
GreenNinja is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2019, 11:27 PM #3387
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

TuxedoK wrote: View Post

It's not what I was expecting, but to be fair I wasn't really sure what to expect from "Grease Perfect Kingdom."
Base Grease wearing pincers, wings and castle shoulder pads?

GreenNinja wrote: View Post

Working the Crows into Grease Perfect is a nice character decision, but it does make one realize how understated Rogue Prime is compared to his contemporaries when it comes to power ups.
Not a fan of the crappy cape?
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2019, 11:32 PM #3388
> ⚡TuxedoK
Old School Mod Justice.

1 eBay
TuxedoK
Old School Mod Justice.

1 eBay

AkaPrimoKanyeWest wrote: View Post

Base Grease wearing pincers, wings and castle shoulder pads?
I think it's just due to how much Cooler Grease Blizzard looked compared to this.

Arm blades though are kinda growing on me.
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old May 22nd, 2019, 07:42 AM #3389
> GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

Looks like
Prime Rogue lives outside the Hyper Battle episode.
Old May 22nd, 2019, 08:07 AM #3390
> screamqueen
Power Ranger

screamqueen
Power Ranger

This movie looks awful, to be honest - from both the screencaps and trailer. I don't know why these movies can't be like the shows, they all have to have this try-hard, wannabe-edgy tone. The only V-Cinema to date that didn't do that was Baron .......... and it was still too different from the tone of the show to work well, just in the other direction (too zany)

Grease does however have an advantage over Cross-Z (the female lead is Misora, a character we already know, rather than a random woman shoehorned in to give Ryuuga a love interest and "replace" Sento; the villain is not described as "Evolt's more powerful older brother!", a premise so bad it would make a twelve-year-old fanfic writer cringe) so we should at least be grateful for that
screamqueen is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2019, 08:12 AM #3391
> FerrousMaelstrom
Power Ranger

FerrousMaelstrom
Power Ranger

Why not I guess.
It was in the Final Stage, seemingly confirming it as his final form. Wonder if Sento actually made back-up Build Drivers now if they're just passing it around again
FerrousMaelstrom is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2019, 08:21 AM #3392
> tavionjackson
Power Ranger

tavionjackson
Power Ranger

I think Sento just recreated every item and then some honestly. Mad Rogue makes a return too, so he probably got his memories back. Just a matter of time before he and Gentoku get a fused form.
tavionjackson is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2019, 08:57 AM #3393
> GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

screamqueen wrote: View Post

This movie looks awful, to be honest - from both the screencaps and trailer. I don't know why these movies can't be like the shows, they all have to have this try-hard, wannabe-edgy tone.
I don't see anything here tone wise that contradicts Build. Even then it's just a trailer and those naturally play up the drama. In Cross-Z there was nothing particularly edgy. The movie still had Build's humor and drama.

and "replace" Sento; the villain is not described
This is overdramtic. In what does she "replace" Sento. Banjou goes on a speech about him during the fight with Killbus and the movie ends with a montage of Sento and Banjou. Regardless of how we feel about her presence she doesn't negate anything about that relationship.
Old May 22nd, 2019, 09:56 AM #3394
> screamqueen
Power Ranger

screamqueen
Power Ranger

GokaiGold wrote: View Post

This is overdramtic. In what does she "replace" Sento. Banjou goes on a speech about him during the fight with Killbus and the movie ends with a montage of Sento and Banjou. Regardless of how we feel about her presence she doesn't negate anything about that relationship.
They used her in repeats of multiple scenes that had originally included Sento (either earlier in the movie, or in the TV series) including Evolt strangling her at the climactic moment to force Ryuuga's hazard level up. Then had Gentoku call her Ryuuga's "best match" - all with the pretty insulting implication that she can just walk in and take Sento's place. I's the same as when we get new characters that suddenly retcon the plot of the entire series (Danton in the Specter movie is the worst example) or someone's character development (Chaser movie wanted us to believe he never started developing emotions on his own, it was all left over from Angel!) So "generic terrorists" as the villains is not sounding at all bad to me
Old May 22nd, 2019, 11:05 AM #3395
> Trey-El
Red Scorpion Ranger

Trey-El
Red Scorpion Ranger

This movie looks awful, to be honest - from both the screencaps and trailer. I don't know why these movies can't be like the shows, they all have to have this try-hard, wannabe-edgy tone.
So, what exactly from Grease's V-Cinema has shown it to be "wannabe-edgy"? Nothing seems different tone wise from Build.

the villain is not described as "Evolt's more powerful older brother!", a premise so bad it would make a twelve-year-old fanfic writer cringe) so we should at least be grateful for that
There's nothing wrong with the idea of bringing in a stronger sibling. It just comes down to the way they're written.

They used her in repeats of multiple scenes that had originally included Sento (either earlier in the movie, or in the TV series) including Evolt strangling her at the climactic moment to force Ryuuga's hazard level up. Then had Gentoku call her Ryuuga's "best match" - all with the pretty insulting implication that she can just walk in and take Sento's place. I's the same as when we get new characters that suddenly retcon the plot of the entire series (Danton in the Specter movie is the worst example) or someone's character development (Chaser movie wanted us to believe he never started developing emotions on his own, it was all left over from Angel!) So "generic terrorists" as the villains is not sounding at all bad to me
Except she doesn't replace Sento in the overall effect in Ryuga's life. Nothing Yui did can match up to what Sento did for Ryuga. One line and one moment is not equal to a whole show of two people growing as friends.

Do you just hate V-Cinema's? Because it seems like there is not one thing positive you've said about any of them in relation to Kamen Rider.
Trey-El is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2019, 11:30 AM #3396
> ⚡TuxedoK
Old School Mod Justice.

1 eBay
TuxedoK
Old School Mod Justice.

1 eBay

tavionjackson wrote: View Post

Just a matter of time before he and Gentoku get a fused form.
Next V-cinema: Kamen Rider Rogue Rogue.
Old May 22nd, 2019, 11:54 AM #3397
> screamqueen
Power Ranger

screamqueen
Power Ranger

Trey-El wrote: View Post

So, what exactly from Grease's V-Cinema has shown it to be "wannabe-edgy"? Nothing seems different tone wise from Build.
The dismal colour filter, shots of Kazumin or Misora in distress, etc. Such things fit with parts of Build, but its grimmest moments were just that, they're not representative of the whole show. Build was generally fairly upbeat, scenes like Sento's breakdown after killing Aoba or Kazumin's original death worked well because the show was usually not so serious as that. It is not like, say, Faiz or Amazons where you'd expect this kind of thing most of the time.

There's nothing wrong with the idea of bringing in a stronger sibling. It just comes down to the way they're written.
"Just like Character X but better at what Character X does" (i.e. in Evolt's case, more evil / more powerful) is rarely ever a good premise for a new character. I don't think I've ever seen it work well

Except she doesn't replace Sento in the overall effect in Ryuga's life. Nothing Yui did can match up to what Sento did for Ryuga. One line and one moment is not equal to a whole show of two people growing as friends.
Then why make out it does by imitating previous scenes with Yui in place of Sento and calling her Ryuuga's "best match?" That's just insulting

Do you just hate V-Cinema's? Because it seems like there is not one thing positive you've said about any of them in relation to Kamen Rider.
I've said positive things about them before. I think Knuckle and Mach/Heart were OK (not amazing, but better than the rest.) Letting Yutaka Kobayashi play a character completely opposite to Kaito was fun. I've already said that Grease looks to be better than Cross-Z. I just wish they'd let the V-Cinemas be like the actual show. That means in a similar style or tone (i.e. not a dramatic, angsty Ghost movie or a zany Gaim movie) without the added drama and trying too hard to be "grown up." And without new characters that are basically designed for shock factor and to retcon established fact or change an existing character's personality

Last edited by screamqueen; May 22nd, 2019 at 12:03 PM.
Old May 22nd, 2019, 12:33 PM #3398
> GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

The dismal colour filter, shots of Kazumin or Misora in distress, etc.
Again trailer shots. Why would they show comedy parts in a trailer. They rarely do that because it's trying to build excitement. The color palete is also just typical of these movies in general.

Such things fit with parts of Build, but its grimmest moments were just that, they're not representative of the whole show. Build was generally fairly upbeat, scenes like Sento's breakdown after killing Aoba or Kazumin's original death worked well because the show was usually not so serious as that. It is not like, say, Faiz or Amazons where you'd expect this kind of thing most of the time.
Build had a sense of humor but it was also fairly serious. The show did deal with war, human experimentation, and science ethics. Just because they broke the fourth wall a bunch doesn't mean it wasn't serious. You act like any dramatic scene is contradictory.

Then why make out it does by imitating previous scenes with Yui in place of Sento and calling her Ryuuga's "best match?" That's just insulting
Again, insulting how exactly? That Banjou can't have new relationships. Unless you really thought him and Sento were a couple. Otherwise she doesn't replace anyone. It's like you hard focused on a joke scene with Gen and ignored that Banjou made a heroic speech about Sento's effect on life and his desire to be a hero like him. Sento doesn't have to be the only one who gets choked to raise Banjou's Hazard level.

I just wish they'd let the V-Cinemas be like the actual show. That means in a similar style or tone (i.e. not a dramatic, angsty Ghost movie or a zany Gaim movie) without the added drama and trying too hard to be "grown up." And without new characters that are basically designed for shock factor and to retcon established fact or change an existing character's personality
Nothing you've said really articulates why Cross-Z was any different tone wise. Banjou wasn't brooding. Other than Yui's death, there was nothing particular violent, team Build made jokes just like they normally would. Nothing was out of place in tone.
Old May 22nd, 2019, 01:08 PM #3399
> screamqueen
Power Ranger

screamqueen
Power Ranger

Again trailer shots. Why would they show comedy parts in a trailer. They rarely do that because it's trying to build excitement. The color palete is also just typical of these movies in general.
They use a dark filter because they always try to go for a dramatic, "serious" vibe regardless of whether it suits the show ...

Build had a sense of humor but it was also fairly serious. The show did deal with war, human experimentation, and science ethics. Just because they broke the fourth wall a bunch doesn't mean it wasn't serious. You act like any dramatic scene is contradictory.
I don't, but a whole movie like that is too much. Cross-Z was not as bad as some in that regard , but bad enough

Again, insulting how exactly? That Banjou can't have new relationships. Unless you really thought him and Sento were a couple. Otherwise she doesn't replace anyone.
How are you getting any of this out of what I've said? Ryuuga isn't even dating Yui in the ending but that's irrelevant. My point is that he already has a "best match", he can meet a new person without them trying to make out that now she is his best match and having her taking Sento's place in scenes that previously involved Sento. It's like if a movie about Philip had a new character waltz in and get called Philip's partner and do all the stuff that Shoutarou does with him, or a movie about Kick Hopper had him pick up a new "little brother" with repetitions of scenes that previously involved Kageyama ... although that one would be more justified since Kageyama's dead whereas Sento is right there

Nothing you've said really articulates why Cross-Z was any different tone wise. Banjou wasn't brooding. Other than Yui's death, there was nothing particular violent, team Build made jokes just like they normally would. Nothing was out of place in tone.
It had that awful filter, a couple of scenes that were OTT for shock factor (Ryuuga getting tortured, Yui being set on fire) and just too much angst/drama for me. I don't think it was representative of the show. It's by far not the worst - which would be Specter or Chaser IMO, but it wasn't good

Last edited by screamqueen; May 22nd, 2019 at 01:15 PM.
Old May 22nd, 2019, 01:42 PM #3400
> Trey-El
Red Scorpion Ranger

Trey-El
Red Scorpion Ranger

They use a dark filter because they always try to go for a dramatic, "serious" vibe regardless of whether it suits the show ...
Because there are times where that is just used to sell a movie.

My point is that he already has a "best match", he can meet a new person without them trying to make out that now she is his best match and having her taking Sento's place in scenes that previously involved Sento.
Here's the thing, Ryuga cares about everyone on the team. Yui being said as his best match (in a joke scene) may be problematic for you, but anyone in Team Build could of gotten choked and Ryuga's Hazard Level would of risen regardless.

It had that awful filter, a couple of scenes that were OTT for shock factor (Ryuuga getting tortured, Yui being set on fire) and just too much angst/drama for me. I don't think it was representative of the show.
We're talking about the same show that had Evolt killing people left and right after Black Hole, the Rogue specials which are brutal due to Gentoku's transformation into Rogue, and a show where experimentation is the norm and deaths happen and are made light of. Ryuga's torture and Yui on fire doesn't break the Camel's back here.
Trey-El is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
αρε υο∪ ρεα∂υ, 60 dollar dirty shirt, drink kamen rider cola!, full bottle full wallet, gaymen rider, kamen rider neeeeeeeerd, science!!!!!, too much math