Home Menu

Menu

Old October 29th, 2013, 08:57 PM #161
> RogueIce
Triceratops!

RogueIce
Triceratops!

If they go with the "she was getting feelings for him and mourning too hard" I would say the writers are utter blowhards and need to go back to Writer School.

Her having issues over survivor's guilt is more than enough (if they go that road), and arguably much better from a character development standpoint, than either making Catherine look bad by pulling "yes I was falling for him again" out of her ass...or making McGarrett look like a total tool for inferring such feelings and basically being a jealous dickbag for no reason.
RogueIce is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2013, 06:05 PM #162
> wdab853
Mystic Ranger

wdab853
Mystic Ranger

I wish the new eps were in Australia

The wait for the new episodes in Australia is too long
wdab853 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2013, 09:38 PM #163
> RogueIce
Triceratops!

RogueIce
Triceratops!

So as it turns out I was right about the survivor's guilt thing with Catherine. Which makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. And they didn't derail McGarrett's character either with "you loved him didn't you" wangst either. Yay Five-0 team!

I wonder how long until they find a way to bring her on to the team proper. Kono's side plot gives her something to do for now but that won't last forever. And that seems like the only other place for Catherine to end up, donning a badge.

Unless they kill her off or something but she's in the main titles so probably not unless the actress walks.
Old November 8th, 2013, 09:24 PM #164
> Lt. Cmdr. Radner
THE POWER IS BACK BABY!!!

eBay
Lt. Cmdr. Radner
THE POWER IS BACK BABY!!!

eBay

The preview for next week had me laughing my ass off, A JONAS BOTHER as a terrorist. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, funniest thing EVER!
Lt. Cmdr. Radner is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2013, 05:01 PM #165
> Red Ranger Sam
Power Ranger

Red Ranger Sam
Power Ranger

Has anyone else noticed that Scott Caan seems to be having a reduced role this season? Is he filming a movie simultaneously or something? Because I'm becoming a little concerned he might be leaving the show or something? I mean Chi McBride pretty much filled his shoes in the last episode and the news that he's becoming a series regular makes me worried he might be being groomed to take Danno's place.
Red Ranger Sam is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2013, 05:29 PM #166
> spdyellow66666
YELLOWBUSTER

spdyellow66666
YELLOWBUSTER

i would like to see what kono is doing
spdyellow66666 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2013, 05:48 PM #167
> MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

Red Ranger Sam wrote: View Post

Has anyone else noticed that Scott Caan seems to be having a reduced role this season? Is he filming a movie simultaneously or something? Because I'm becoming a little concerned he might be leaving the show or something? I mean Chi McBride pretty much filled his shoes in the last episode and the news that he's becoming a series regular makes me worried he might be being groomed to take Danno's place.
No, he's got a major upcoming episode soon, episode 12, where he has to protect a girl that meets from trouble, who's going to become a recurring character in his life. And remember, we've also got the story coming up in midseason involving his mother coming to Hawaii, the role that was announced to be played by Melanie Griffith a couple months ago. He's got a lot of focus coming up.

Chi McBride was only promoted to regular because his character was so well-received by everyone, and the crew apparently has loved working with him. Scott Caan isn't going anywhere.
MoonsKnight is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2013, 05:53 PM #168
> Red Ranger Sam
Power Ranger

Red Ranger Sam
Power Ranger

MoonsKnight wrote: View Post

No, he's got a major upcoming episode soon, episode 12, where he has to protect a girl that meets from trouble, who's going to become a recurring character in his life. And remember, we've also got the story coming up in midseason involving his mother coming to Hawaii, the role that was announced to be played by Melanie Griffith a couple months ago. He's got a lot of focus coming up.

Chi McBride was only promoted to regular because his character was so well-received by everyone, and the crew apparently has loved working with him. Scott Caan isn't going anywhere.
That's reassuring. Although, they leaves the question of why he's been so absent for the last few episodes.
Old November 21st, 2013, 07:31 PM #169
> MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

That's reassuring. Although, they leaves the question of why he's been so absent for the last few episodes.
He hasn't really been, though. Not more so than any other series. Just like any other character, they factor in more heavily or less heavily depending on what a given story calls for. He's had plenty enough screen time so far, given how much this season has thrown at us so far. Danny factored pretty heavily into the episode with McGarrett's sister - which also didn't have Kono in it.
Old November 21st, 2013, 08:16 PM #170
> Myers72781
Power Ranger

Myers72781
Power Ranger

He hasn't really been, though. Not more so than any other series. Just like any other character, they factor in more heavily or less heavily depending on what a given story calls for. He's had plenty enough screen time so far, given how much this season has thrown at us so far. Danny factored pretty heavily into the episode with McGarrett's sister - which also didn't have Kono in it.
I agree with this. I am a big fan of Danny, but this past week especially, he was not really needed in the episode. Last weeks episode looked like they were trying to establish Chi McBride's character a little more to bring him in to the show a bit more.
Myers72781 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2013, 01:14 PM #171
> bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

spdyellow66666 wrote: View Post

i would like to see what kono is doing
if I didn't know better, I'd swear they're writing around a pregnancy...
bearytrek is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2013, 01:24 PM #172
> MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

bearytrek wrote: View Post

if I didn't know better, I'd swear they're writing around a pregnancy...
You'd absolutely be right about that. She recently had her baby boy in September. In October, she could only film her scenes in Vancouver, where she lives, because her baby was born there and she needed to stay there for the time being. The scenes where Adam was taken, and when the team interrogated Sato, were both filmed in Vancouver. Rumors say she should return to Hawaii midseason.
Old November 22nd, 2013, 01:42 PM #173
> OmniMystechRanger
SPECIAL MODERATOR, LORD, MASTER & BOSS OF STUPID UGLY FACE: GREENBEASTFIST & HASSO PRIMO

OmniMystechRanger
SPECIAL MODERATOR, LORD, MASTER & BOSS OF STUPID UGLY FACE: GREENBEASTFIST & HASSO PRIMO

I like to see a story that start in Ncis then Moves NcisLA then Hawaii5'O then 2 part Ncis/NcisLa Movie, then Ncis/Hawaii5'O Movie, then NcisLa/Hawaii5'O Movie then Ncis/NcisLa/Hawaii5'O Movie that bring them all together, so they could have 3 different villains an plots, then 4 one that bring the villains together!
OmniMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2013, 01:01 AM #174
> Autobot032
VIP Rider

eBay
Autobot032
VIP Rider

eBay

OmniverseRanger wrote: View Post

I like to see a story that start in Ncis then Moves NcisLA then Hawaii5'O then 2 part Ncis/NcisLa Movie, then Ncis/Hawaii5'O Movie, then NcisLa/Hawaii5'O Movie then Ncis/NcisLa/Hawaii5'O Movie that bring them all together, so they could have 3 different villains an plots, then 4 one that bring the villains together!
I see where you're going with that, and all silliness aside, I think it would be a great idea, but for some reason they tend to leave NCIS out of the loop, these days. Like it's it's own thing with no ties to anything else. Just odd.

With the new NCIS spinoff coming, I think a NCIS, LA, Five-0, Spinoff megastory could work. Some might say it's too busy or too long, but I'd rather have a massive 4 episode arc that covers all the bases, rather than a seasonful of the same story. (Enterprise season 3, anyone?)

Plus, it might be fun to get the casts together and have a good time. I think the audience would respond well to that.

I'm kinda sad that JAG has never been brought back into NCIS. I'd like to see what's happened with Harm after all these years. Ah well.
Autobot032 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2013, 03:47 AM #175
> MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

I thought it was nice when Five-0 had that little mini-crossover with LA in season 2 when Kensi showed up to help out Joe and Steve. It was a nice little way of showing that the shows share the same universe without needing a full-blown two-part crossover (even though we still got one later).
Old November 23rd, 2013, 04:39 AM #176
> OmniMystechRanger

OmniMystechRanger

Autobot032 wrote: View Post

I see where you're going with that, and all silliness aside, I think it would be a great idea, but for some reason they tend to leave NCIS out of the loop, these days. Like it's it's own thing with no ties to anything else. Just odd.

With the new NCIS spinoff coming, I think a NCIS, LA, Five-0, Spinoff megastory could work. Some might say it's too busy or too long, but I'd rather have a massive 4 episode arc that covers all the bases, rather than a seasonful of the same story. (Enterprise season 3, anyone?)

Plus, it might be fun to get the casts together and have a good time. I think the audience would respond well to that.

I'm kinda sad that JAG has never been brought back into NCIS. I'd like to see what's happened with Harm after all these years. Ah well.
What spinoff do ya mean? But seriously imagine a story that would feature for that storyline where the current team of Hawaii5'O and Ncis and NcisLA has to criss cross from Hawaii to LA to Washington an back, an it would take all of them together for it!
OmniMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2013, 05:17 AM #177
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

The closest we've come was an appearance by Retired Admiral Chegwidden, now a civilian attorney. No Harm, Mac or Bud.
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2013, 07:23 AM #178
> Red Ranger Sam
Power Ranger

Red Ranger Sam
Power Ranger

No, he definitely has been in it less than usual, excepting last night's episode where he was quite present. I did have a large role in the episode with McGarrett's sister, but he also kept disappearing for large portions of the episode, something he never used to do in previous seasons. Certainly, not this many episodes in a row. There was also that episode with Terry O'Quinn where Caan appeared in only two scenes, which is something that's never happened before.

I actually just heard a rumor that might explain all this. Supposedly, he's been doing some work at a playhouse in Los Angeles that has run longer than anticipated, forcing the show to make arrangements around him. Of course, I also heard a rumor that Scott Caan mentioned on a talk show last year that he finds Hawaii very boring and is miserable there. Supposedly, he asked CBS to let him out of his contract, but they aren't letting him. While that means he will remain for the near future, it concerns me about his long term future on the show, and it just becomes a question of how long his contract is (usually 5 years) or if CBS will relent and let him out. Of course, this is all rumor, but it's still a little concerning.
Old November 23rd, 2013, 02:25 PM #179
> RogueIce
Triceratops!

RogueIce
Triceratops!

I take it you didn't see the season 10 finale? Because Chegwidden was there and...
GoldAnyRanger wrote: View Post

The closest we've come was an appearance by Retired Admiral Chegwidden, now a civilian attorney. No Harm, Mac or Bud.
Oh, beat me to it.

Also Bud did show up in an early season 1 NCIS episode, but that's been about it. CDR Turner's actor has been in NCIS but as a different character.

EDIT: And while it would be nice to have Harm and Mac show up again, they would have to dance around the JAG finale's open ending of who retired and who didn't. Because I can't see them wanting to answer that question in the spin-off show. Maybe if they ever did a JAG reunion movie...
Old November 23rd, 2013, 04:46 PM #180
> MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

I actually just heard a rumor that might explain all this. Supposedly, he's been doing some work at a playhouse in Los Angeles that has run longer than anticipated, forcing the show to make arrangements around him. Of course, I also heard a rumor that Scott Caan mentioned on a talk show last year that he finds Hawaii very boring and is miserable there. Supposedly, he asked CBS to let him out of his contract, but they aren't letting him.
That last part is just a rumor started by some fans who were upset over the comments he made last season on the Late Show, which he has also apologized for since then. He did say he didn't really like it in Hawaii, and then the butthurt fans ran with it. But Caan is definitely still in Hawaii.