Home Menu

Menu

Old April 29th, 2016, 09:21 PM #221
> bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

hey, Megaforce/Super Megaforce's Ciara Hana just turned up in this week's episode!
bearytrek is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2016, 01:20 PM #222
> Autobot032
VIP Rider

eBay
Autobot032
VIP Rider

eBay

bearytrek wrote: View Post

hey, Megaforce/Super Megaforce's Ciara Hana just turned up in this week's episode!
Feels like she's slummin' it. The show's been utter shit as of late. The whole robotic armor episode was just a horrible mess from beginning to end.

They got renewed, too. *sighs* I just hope the next season they put some effort into it.
Autobot032 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2016, 12:29 PM #223
> bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

well Gabriel sure went out on a down note...killed by a junkie...what was the point in keeping him alive after Chin threw him out the window?

and is yakuza mom the new baddie next season?
Old May 17th, 2016, 12:41 PM #224
> Sevenlima
Power Ranger

Sevenlima
Power Ranger

It's quiet possible she gonna be the next Five-0 nemesis.

Last edited by Sevenlima; May 26th, 2016 at 09:24 AM.
Sevenlima is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2017, 12:44 PM #225
> bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

Autobot032 wrote: View Post

The show's been utter shit as of late. The whole robotic armor episode was just a horrible mess from beginning to end.

They got renewed, too. *sighs* I just hope the next season they put some effort into it.
well, the season 7 finale made that robotic armor episode look like shakespeare! I can't believe the ludicrous scenario they set up and not expect the audience to go 'say what?'

McGarrett jumps onto a moving truck which would be difficult enough if it was a planned stunt...said truck is going to drive around the island continuously because the driver is an idiot...the guy in the back of the truck unloads a clip of bullets but the driver is completely unaware of that or the truck that they unload the girls onto...

the 'carguments' (didn't know that was the term until recently) between Danno and Steve are still the only reason I tune in...

and is Grace leaving the show because she's pregnant again?
Old June 30th, 2017, 01:39 PM #226
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

Major cast news. Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park will be gone as of the season premiere.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/hawaii-five...175937932.html

And with this season being the last on Alex O'Loughlin's contract, could this be the final season?
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2017, 01:49 PM #227
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

GoldAnyRanger wrote: View Post

Major cast news. Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park will be gone as of the season premiere.

And with this season being the last on Alex O'Loughlin's contract, could this be the final season?
I'm going to miss Chin Ho and Kono on the show. They had some of the best subplots, especially the former with her husband.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2017, 02:33 PM #228
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Well, if that's not whitewashing, I don't know what is.

Chi McBride has been the token almost his entire career!
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2017, 02:59 PM #229
> bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

wow, they couldn't postpone cost cutting for the final season? There was no way the series was going to continue without O'Loughlin anyway...

the only way this will sit right with the fans is if Chin Ho gets a spinoff series...
Old June 30th, 2017, 10:30 PM #230
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

bearytrek wrote: View Post

The only way this will sit right with the fans is if Chin Ho gets a spinoff series...
That I'd like to see.
Old July 1st, 2017, 10:29 PM #231
> Autobot032
VIP Rider

eBay
Autobot032
VIP Rider

eBay

Well, stick a fork in it. It's done, folks.

Wow. Just, gone, like that. Dang.
Old July 1st, 2017, 10:56 PM #232
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

Well, stick a fork in it. It's done, folks.

Wow. Just, gone, like that. Dang.
You think the show's done just because Chin Ho and Kono are leaving? You don't know if the next season will end up being a disaster, so it's too early to say that the show is over just because two characters are leaving. The show wasn't done when Catherine had to go to Afghanistan to find Najib. Of course the show will never be the same without them but I wouldn't say it's done just because some of the cast are leaving.
Old July 1st, 2017, 11:13 PM #233
> Autobot032
VIP Rider

eBay
Autobot032
VIP Rider

eBay

AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

You think the show's done just because Chin Ho and Kono are leaving? You don't know if the next season will end up being a disaster, so it's too early to say that the show is over just because two characters are leaving. The show wasn't done when Catherine had to go to Afghanistan to find Najib. Of course the show will never be the same without them but I wouldn't say it's done just because some of the cast are leaving.
No... Their leaving is the final nail in the coffin. Reread below as to why I say it's the end:

We're going into season 8 and as of right now, this is technically, on paper, Alex's last season. As of right now, you can pretty much count him out (until we hear otherwise) and we know for sure that if there was a season 9, you'll have lost Steve, Kono and Chin. All that leaves is the new recruit, Lou Grover and Danno.

They can't carry the show, especially with Danno being in less episodes so Scott Caan can spend more time at home on the mainland, which is why you see him in less and less episodes per season.

Most shows run their course over 6-8, sometimes 10 seasons and call it quits. Some shows (and their networks) don't know when to quit and just keep them running as long as possible. NCIS, for example. CSI was just on for way, way too long. ER is another good example.

All wore out their welcome before long. Five-0 was never on their level to begin with. You can pretty much guess this is going to be the last season.

I don't blame 'em, either. I'd imagine it's not a cheap show with all of the location shooting and it being located in Hawaii. As long as they give us a GOOD season 8, I'll be fine with them saying goodbye.
Old July 1st, 2017, 11:30 PM #234
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

SNIP
You don't know if season 8 will end up being the last season because it hasn't been confirmed if Alex O'Loughlin will leave the show since his contract will be expiring soon. Should he renew his contract for another season, then the show could return for season nine.

You forget to realise that the team doesn't just have Danny and Lou in addition to Steve since there's Jerry as well. It's too early to say that the show's over since there hasn't been an official confirmation from CBS that the show will end next May.

They could bring in new characters to replace them but of course it's not going to be the same without them. CSI wasn't the same without Grissom. NCIS isn't the same without Ziva and later Tony but the ratings are still great for CBS. Criminal Minds isn't the same without Morgan and Hotch. Bones wasn't the same without Sweets.

The move to Fridays didn't ruin the show since CBS actually does well on that day, especially that Blue Bloods is one of the highest-rated shows on that day.

You need to stop doomsaying just because two characters are leaving and wait and see if season eight ends up being the final season.
Old July 2nd, 2017, 05:47 AM #235
> Dr. Who 07
Proud Earper

Dr. Who 07
Proud Earper

losing grace & daniel now & alexe at the end of the season. It will be very diffucult to keep the fans & the ratings onboard not saying it won't or can't happen but right now it's got at best a 50/50 shot

i'll try to find it later but alex did a interview before last season even started talking about the damage the show has done to his body because early on he did a lot of his own stunts as much as possible & now he's doing less & less because he simply can't so i don't know if there's anything that cbs can do to keep him another year. plus as has alreadt been said scott is already & for a couple seasons now spending less & less time on the show so if he sees/thinks the show on the way out he might jump ship too.

but hey it could a fantastic season & they could bring in fantastic characters & actors & hawaii 5-0.2 goes another 8 or more seasons but alot stars & alot of dominos have fall in line just right for that to happen it will be hard fight imo not impossible but hard

EDIT: still trying to find the artile i read last year but here's one i did find about the 150th episode from collider
thing is that physically, Iíve had a lot of injuries. Iíve been hurt really badly on this show. Iíve now got some serious back issues, which Iím going back and forth to California to deal with. I donít want to fuck my body up anymore. Iím getting stem cell treatments in my spine, so that I can pick my kids up. At a certain point, itís television. Film and TV is not as important as my life. I donít think I can physically do any more than eight years. We might not even do an eighth year. Thatís a little presumptuous of us to even be speaking like this. But, if they want us to do an eighth year, that will be it for me.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Dr. Who 07; July 2nd, 2017 at 09:21 AM.
Dr. Who 07 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2017, 06:08 AM #236
> Champ
Lupin Red!

Champ
Lupin Red!

Oh, wow. I'm so bummed to hear this. They were the best in the show.
Champ is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2017, 06:36 AM #237
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

Dr. Who 07 wrote: View Post

EDIT: still trying to find the artile i read last year but here's one i did find about the 150th episode from collider
You forgot to link the article because it only links to a blank page and I take back of what I said about the possibility of the show continuing after season eight since I'm surprised that Alex O'Loughlin suffered injuries on set and has back problems and that if the show continues for an eighth season, then it would be his last.

That being said, I'd like to see a Kono and Chin Ho spin-off with Kono's husband Adam being a recurring character and also, Kamekona being a supporting character.

Should the show end with season eight, then I'd like to see it end with Steve and Catherine reconciling and restarting their relationship.

Champ wrote: View Post

Oh, wow. I'm so bummed to hear this. They were the best in the show.
They really were.
Old July 2nd, 2017, 07:52 AM #238
> DigificWriter
Banned

DigificWriter
Banned

It's rumored that the departures of DDK and Grace are money-related, so at this point I don't see their characters getting a very satisfactory send-off, sadly.
DigificWriter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2017, 07:55 AM #239
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

To Digific: I really don't want their departures to be done offscreen.
Old July 2nd, 2017, 07:58 AM #240
> DigificWriter
Banned

DigificWriter
Banned

As far as I know, the actors will appear in the premiere of Season 8, but that doesn't guarantee that their characters' exits won't be unsanctimonious.
DigificWriter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote