Mega Man ZX
10 4.50%
Votes: 222. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 15th, 2019, 12:44 PM #1161
> Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Yeah, to be honest that sounds like a terrible premise to me and Iím kind of glad they didnít go through with it (and this is coming from somebody who actually liked the Star Force games).
Akiba Black is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 15th, 2019, 01:00 PM #1162
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Akiba Black wrote: View Post

Yeah, to be honest that sounds like a terrible premise to me and Iím kind of glad they didnít go through with it (and this is coming from somebody who actually liked the Star Force games).
The Star Force games were cool, but they ran their natural course. And I will admit I preferred the anime, it embraced humor while the games leaned more on drama.

At that point, if they wanted to keep the RPG format they'd been running with all those years, it would have been a better idea to just start brand new. Then again, it's possible had kept working, they may have just made Kazuma the protagonist and cut Subaru out altogether to help further the "We know everyone loves Battle Network" fervor.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 01:20 PM #1163
> Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Itís kind of a pity that Star Force 3 never got an anime adaptation (or much of anything for that matter aside from a one shot manga that never left Japan), it was probably the best one of the trilogy.
Akiba Black is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 15th, 2019, 02:14 PM #1164
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Akiba Black wrote: View Post

Itís kind of a pity that Star Force 3 never got an anime adaptation (or much of anything for that matter aside from a one shot manga that never left Japan), it was probably the best one of the trilogy.
Completly agreed.

Had the previous 2 games been like 3, this version would have lasted longer.

To this day, 3 is the only one I've played more than once.
Spider-Phoenix is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2019, 02:21 PM #1165
> Veteran Ranger
Let's Ride

Veteran Ranger
Let's Ride

Spider-Phoenix wrote: View Post

Turns out Starforce 4 was almost a thing

Sad it wasn't made. Starforce finally got its formula right and build its own identity with 3 so a new entry would be welcome.
Between the timeskip and the addition of Alan Hikariís direct descendant, it sounds like there were a lot of promising new ideas going into Star Force 4. Itís a shame that we didnít get that. Youíre absolutely right in saying that SF3 really found the seriesí identity and proper footing, but they never got to build off of that.

A darker tone and a focus on hacking sounds awesome. Plus, the timeskip likely wouldíve allowed us to see multiple characters evolve and mature. Maybe Acid Ace wouldíve seen more use with enough time passing to ease the strain of using that form on the body.

In the end, I have so many thoughts and questions about this, but I would love to see SF4 come back somehow. Itís totally impossible, but I really did enjoy that series for what it was.
Veteran Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2019, 03:14 PM #1166
> Adara.2
Power Ranger

Adara.2
Power Ranger

The heck would Geo angst about if he got his dad back in 3? Or would we see Geo and Lan's descendant become hackers to fight the bad hackers of the game?
Adara.2 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2019, 04:02 PM #1167
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Veteran Ranger wrote: View Post

Between the timeskip and the addition of Alan Hikariís direct descendant, it sounds like there were a lot of promising new ideas going into Star Force 4. Itís a shame that we didnít get that. Youíre absolutely right in saying that SF3 really found the seriesí identity and proper footing, but they never got to build off of that.

A darker tone and a focus on hacking sounds awesome. Plus, the timeskip likely wouldíve allowed us to see multiple characters evolve and mature. Maybe Acid Ace wouldíve seen more use with enough time passing to ease the strain of using that form on the body.

In the end, I have so many thoughts and questions about this, but I would love to see SF4 come back somehow. Itís totally impossible, but I really did enjoy that series for what it was.
Alan? Guess auto-correct thought Lan's name needed some fixing

Anyway, I'm not sure if Ace is indeed alive. Yeah, there was the shot in the ending credits, but I'm still not sure. And even if he was, I think he probably wouldn't be able to Wave Change.

I'm more curious if they'd keep Jack around. He was a good foil to Geo and a more bearable rival than Solo will ever be. I'd like to see how would their dynamics play if he was still around.

To be honest, I'm more interested on knowing if Kazuma would have a Wave Change form and how it would look like. Considering what's been told about the game mechanics, I can see Kazuma would have a transformed form to do his "hacking".

Adara.2 wrote: View Post

The heck would Geo angst about if he got his dad back in 3? Or would we see Geo and Lan's descendant become hackers to fight the bad hackers of the game?
Well, supposing they kept what they've built on 3, I think Geo wouldn't really angst. I mean, by 3 he was pretty much over those things to the point that while he struggled with Luna's "death" he dealed with it a lot better than other situations in the previous games.

I think his turn to "hacking" would probably have to do with the big bad pulling the strings on Satella Police and Geo being the only one who can do something about it.

Considering the whole thing about the game aiming for older players, I can see Geo's decision might have to do with an ideological clash that forces him to go rogue in order to achieve a bigger good.
Old June 22nd, 2019, 04:28 PM #1168
> Veteran Ranger
Let's Ride

Veteran Ranger
Let's Ride

Alan? Guess auto-correct thought Lan's name needed some fixing

Anyway, I'm not sure if Ace is indeed alive. Yeah, there was the shot in the ending credits, but I'm still not sure. And even if he was, I think he probably wouldn't be able to Wave Change.

I'm more curious if they'd keep Jack around. He was a good foil to Geo and a more bearable rival than Solo will ever be. I'd like to see how would their dynamics play if he was still around.

To be honest, I'm more interested on knowing if Kazuma would have a Wave Change form and how it would look like. Considering what's been told about the game mechanics, I can see Kazuma would have a transformed form to do his "hacking".
Oh, whoops. Guess Hikari was fine, but Lan is where autocorrect drew the line.

I guess weíll never know if Ace survived or not, but I like to think heís alive. Iím a bit biased because I was a fan of his type of character as well as the basis of his powers. Gotta love an artificial power source that comes with a price.

And yes, I agree. Jack was a much better rival, but I had honestly forgotten about him. Solo was a far less compelling character, but I think I remembered him more because he stood out to me as a bigger threat. I remember Jack as a character more than an opponent. Either way, a timeskip wouldíve allowed us to see how both characters have changed.

As for Kazuma and Wave Change, itís kind of related to why I wouldíve liked to have seen Ace come back. He was the first to merge with a man-made Wizard, which were similar to Net Navis in a few ways. After a time-skip, that transformation probably still wouldnít be common, but Iím sure they would have worked the kinks out of Aceís method of Wave Change. If that were the case, I could see Kazuma using his hacking skills to get ahold of that data and use it for himself. Given that the art shown of Star Force 4 seems to present both Geo and Kazuma as protagonists, its entirely possible that Kazumaís Wizard couldíve been Megaman.EXE or some kind of digital descendant of him, which couldíve led to two Megamen in Star Force 4.
Old June 23rd, 2019, 06:41 AM #1169
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Oh, whoops. Guess Hikari was fine, but Lan is where autocorrect drew the line.
Guess autocorrect associated Hikari with a brand? I mean, we do have a food brand called Hikari here...

But then Lan is an actual word so I guess autocorrect "assumed" you meant to write Alan?

And yes, I agree. Jack was a much better rival, but I had honestly forgotten about him. Solo was a far less compelling character, but I think I remembered him more because he stood out to me as a bigger threat. I remember Jack as a character more than an opponent. Either way, a timeskip wouldíve allowed us to see how both characters have changed.
I guess you feel that way because Solo was in two games and he was a more challegenging boss. After all the bonus final fight on 2 is against him.

By the way, I just remembered that in the Official Complete Works book, one of the producers did talk about the similarities between Jack and Solo.

For me what makes Jack a better rival overall is that his character was much more interesting. It does help he was actually impacted by Geo and isn't in constant "tsundere mode" like Solo is.

The only time I like Solo was in the anime where he started off as a force of nature and but then you find out he was a man with a mission.

The anime might have done a lot of mistakes with Sonia and Luna but at least made Solo and "early-carreer" Geo more likeable.

As for Kazuma and Wave Change, itís kind of related to why I wouldíve liked to have seen Ace come back. He was the first to merge with a man-made Wizard, which were similar to Net Navis in a few ways. After a time-skip, that transformation probably still wouldnít be common, but Iím sure they would have worked the kinks out of Aceís method of Wave Change. If that were the case, I could see Kazuma using his hacking skills to get ahold of that data and use it for himself. Given that the art shown of Star Force 4 seems to present both Geo and Kazuma as protagonists, its entirely possible that Kazumaís Wizard couldíve been Megaman.EXE or some kind of digital descendant of him, which couldíve led to two Megamen in Star Force 4.
Well, considering Inafune was involved and his love for Zero, I wouldn't doubt if Kazuma's form was yet another Zero expy.

Yeah, there's Harp Note but I guess at that point they'd prefer to see her as the Roll-esque character.

Alternatively, Kazuma could have been the Bass of the game as a nod to the "Mega Man and Bass" game. While it's true Solo/Rogue is meant to be the Bass-esque character, making a more heroic version of it isn't out the realm of possibility. Another alternative could be making him a Zero/Axl character which seems to fit considering Starforce is kind of seen as the "X series" to Battle Network's "classic series"
Old June 26th, 2019, 09:00 PM #1170
> Veteran Ranger
Let's Ride

Veteran Ranger
Let's Ride

Guess autocorrect associated Hikari with a brand? I mean, we do have a food brand called Hikari here...

But then Lan is an actual word so I guess autocorrect "assumed" you meant to write Alan?
Autocorrect actually tried to make Lan, "LAN," on the second attempt, so it's messed up either way.

I guess you feel that way because Solo was in two games and he was a more challenging boss. After all the bonus final fight on 2 is against him.

By the way, I just remembered that in the Official Complete Works book, one of the producers did talk about the similarities between Jack and Solo.

For me what makes Jack a better rival overall is that his character was much more interesting. It does help he was actually impacted by Geo and isn't in constant "tsundere mode" like Solo is.

The only time I like Solo was in the anime where he started off as a force of nature and but then you find out he was a man with a mission.

The anime might have done a lot of mistakes with Sonia and Luna but at least made Solo and "early-carreer" Geo more likeable.
I guess it's just a different preference in rivals. Again, I still think that Jack is a much more interesting and compelling character than Solo, but rivals need to actively challenge the hero and I think Solo did a better job of that.

Also, I've never watched the anime, so my opinions are entirely based on just the games alone.

Well, considering Inafune was involved and his love for Zero, I wouldn't doubt if Kazuma's form was yet another Zero expy.

Yeah, there's Harp Note but I guess at that point they'd prefer to see her as the Roll-esque character.

Alternatively, Kazuma could have been the Bass of the game as a nod to the "Mega Man and Bass" game. While it's true Solo/Rogue is meant to be the Bass-esque character, making a more heroic version of it isn't out the realm of possibility. Another alternative could be making him a Zero/Axl character which seems to fit considering Starforce is kind of seen as the "X series" to Battle Network's "classic series"
I'm not too sure about that. I've read similar comparisons made online, but has any official source stated that certain characters were based on previous characters? I know Gutsman/TaurusFire and Roll/HarpNote are obvious, but I just always assumed that Star Force was kind of doing its own thing.

Honestly, it's one of the reasons why I liked Star Force. Battle Network, no matter how good it was, had characters who were still defined by certain key aspects of their previous incarnations. It was almost to the point that, if you were familiar with that character from the original or X series, you basically had certain moments in the plot of Battle Network spoiled.

I would've liked to have seen Kazuma be something different, especially if he ultimately became his own version of Megaman. Based on character designs, I could've seen them being allies, but Kazuma definitely had a more rebellious look. Maybe with the new tone they were going for, Kazuma might've been the darker and mature Megaman some were hoping for, with Geo being the Megaman that represented the more classic ideals of the character. It would've been nice to potentially see a game's story tackle the idea of "old vs new" on multiple levels. Doubly so if Geo eventually took on some aspect of Kazuma's (purely hypothetical) powers, representing the character growing and incorporating new ideas while retaining what makes Megaman....well...Megaman.
Old June 28th, 2019, 05:32 PM #1171
> Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

For some reason, the preview for next week's New Mutants #98 reprint includes the ads, so here's one of them, advertising Mega Man 3.

Given that the art shown of Star Force 4 seems to present both Geo and Kazuma as protagonists, its entirely possible that Kazumaís Wizard couldíve been Megaman.EXE or some kind of digital descendant of him, which couldíve led to two Megamen in Star Force 4.
Thanks to Full Synchro, MegaMan.EXE was probably destroyed when Lan died. However, Kazuma's Wizard could have been a descendant, as we know Lan's son Patch has a navi based on Mega and Roll. So maybe Kazuma's would be MegaManX.EXE?
Digifiend is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2019, 05:53 AM #1172
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Yeah a X.exe would be my bet as well. At least it'd link to BN by reusing its idea of giving a new twist to classic characters.
Old June 29th, 2019, 10:39 AM #1173
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Digifiend wrote: View Post

For some reason, the preview for next week's New Mutants #98 reprint includes the ads, so here's one of them, advertising Mega Man 3.
https://i0.wp.com/www.adventuresinpo...8-6.jpeg?w=728
Know the story about Wily's reforming was all in the manual, but this ad gives away that he's the baddie again.
Dragonwolf Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2019, 07:56 PM #1174
> John Pannozzi
Power Ranger

John Pannozzi
Power Ranger

Digifiend wrote: View Post

https://i0.wp.com/www.adventuresinpo...8-6.jpeg?w=728
Including all the original ads is part of the point of Marvel's current wave of Facsimile Editions. I think the first was the original Fantastic Four #1 Facsimile Edition, which came out a year ago.
John Pannozzi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote